Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

[Event] ~Out of the Shadows~ [Self; L]

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/14/2019 11:20 PM

ImageImage
Genesis and Cyclone
[Cute/silly sort-of continuation from this.]

It had been a long, arduous, and mostly fruitless journey, but it really was good to be back in Nabias. Genesis could still feel the chill of Basantha's snowy mountainside in his fur, and he did not wish to return there at any point in the short-term future. Or long-term. Or any-term.

Cyclone let out a long whistle beside him as they stepped out of the train station. "Wonder when all 'a this happened," Cyclone murmured, eyes flicking about the quaint little town with a furrowed brow. "I know it's like this everywhere, but I just... didn't think home would be like this, too.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: [Event] ~Out of the Shadows~ [Self; L]

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/14/2019 11:23 PM

Genesis made a sound in agreement, keeping his wings tucked close to his shoulders as he padded down the sidewalk, rubbing his arms. Even if their hometown felt warm in comparison to Basantha, it was still winter, and he was still chilly. He'd never fared terribly well in the cold. "It's troublesome," he murmured, hurrying along. "I'm sure our house will help with some familiarity. I'm nigh certain the clothes you left upon thine floor have collected insects and rot by now."

Cyclone rolled his eyes, a spark of irritation zipping off of his fur. "Like your room's gonna be any better. I bet all that shelf space 'n all those knick knacks have a healthy layer of dust. Maybe four hundred layers."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/14/2019 11:26 PM

Silence, or I'll command thou dust it all, Cyclone heard the voice in his head and sputtered, slapping the air around his ears.

"I told you, no more of that! It was fun while the novelty lasted, but it's wicked fuckin' invasive," Cyclone snapped, and Genesis giggled quietly under his breath, drawing his coat a bit better around his shoulders.

"But thou must admit it's quite effective for communication. Far better than shouting across the house,"  Genesis suggested. Cyclone just snorted in response, contemptuously agreeing.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/14/2019 11:31 PM

Embarrassingly, Cyclone didn't quite remember what direction to go in. It had been so long since they'd been home--years in fact--that the streets were no longer familiar. Genesis had picked up a map along the way, and had his nose in it, flipping it around and trying to figure out where they were. "S'not even a big town," Cyclone mumbled, rubbing the back of his head, static popping in his ears as he did. "I dunno how we managed to get lost."

"Not lost, dear brother, just astray," Genesis cooed, and grinned mischievously as Cyclone slapped him with his tail.

"I'll astray your butt with my foot," Cyclone retorted, but full of mirth.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/14/2019 11:34 PM

Finally, their old front porch came into view, and Cyclone could groan with relief. He could already feel a couch under his body, and he needed it so badly. "Mm. Shame about the plants," Genesis mused, touching a withered-to-nothing leaf of a houseplant. The ones outside of the lip of the awning, however, seemed to be doing just fine from rainwater and sunlight.

"We can get more," Cyclone suggested. Even if the years had made him snappier, he still knew how his brother cared for plants, and he still knew how he cared for his brother. "We'll be home for a little while, so... we don't have to resort to those impossible-to-kill succulents just yet."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/14/2019 11:37 PM

"Succulents are beautiful, I'm far from against the idea," Genesis chuckled, looking under the doormat. Sure enough, the key was there, though an ant had claimed it. Genesis cupped his hand and shook the ant into it, then gently placed it on a leaf of a living plant before opening the door.

It was musty, but all in all, the house had stayed largely the same as when they'd left it all those years ago. Cyclone stepped over the threshold and turned in a slow circle, all the while making his way over to the couch to sit down with a huff. And a cough. Dusty indeed. "Uuugh. Let me sleep forever."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/14/2019 11:39 PM

"After we make dinner," Genesis clicked his tongue and shut the door, amused at his brother. "What ever happened to that energy of thou's, hm?"

"I don't think 'thou's' is a word," Cyclone grumbled, an arm slung over his eyes and his head leaned back on the back of the couch. "Jury's out. I grew up."

Genesis' gaze softened, and he nodded, glancing at the kitchen. Suddenly it all seemed so daunting. Make sure there's still a nearby grocery store open. Go shopping. Get ingredients. Find a recipe... Finally, Genesis moved over to the wall, where their old landline phone hung. "Takeout?" he asked, and Cyclone perked up, peeking from behind his arm.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/14/2019 11:41 PM

"You know it. Tengumi Thai Palace?" Cyclone asked, sitting up straighter, his tail wagging behind him.

"If they're still open around here," Genesis mused, dialing the number that was difficult to forget. It was a simple one, and one called quite often when they were younger.

"Of course it's still open. Who the hell would close Tengumi Thai Palace? I would riot," Cyclone muttered, folding his arms and jostling his foot up and down over his knee. He stood up quite suddenly as the dial tone rang in his ears. "My usual, okay? You get whatever you want. M'gonna... check out the state of things around the house."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/14/2019 11:46 PM

He didn't want to admit he was restless. All that time traveling, seeing the world, hunting down all manner of cryptid and legend and always coming up empty-handed... and now they were home. The home from their teenage years. The home they bought themselves.

Cyclone reached the bathroom, almost scared to open it. He pushed through and jolted as a few roaches skittered to darker places, then sighed. Exterminator it was. He'd figure out who to call later... his eyes drifted up to the mirror, staring at his own grey reflection, reaching up to pat a hand to his furred cheek.

God. They were adults now. He was twenty six now. And Cyclone suddenly realized just how tired he was.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/14/2019 11:52 PM

He avoided their bedrooms, and the one they'd shared when they were sixteen and afraid of the old, empty, creaky house--it was a storage room, now. He'd deal with the sight of those later--for now, he just wanted food and company.

"All ordered!" Genesis chirped when Cyclone returned to the living room. "Should I be frightened to inquire about the state of the rest of our house?"

"Hm?" Cyclone grunted, shuffling over to the couch and throwing himself down once more, bouncing on the old springs. "Ahh... y'know. Bathroom's got bugs." Genesis bristled slightly, trying to keep his cool. Ants on plants were one thing--a bathroom full of invasive bugs was going to be tough to deal with. "Roaches," he added, which made Genesis shudder. "Maybe an earwig."

"Stop!" Genesis cried, rubbing his arms and shaking his head. "I remember when one fell on me from the ceiling when I was younger..."

"HAH, yeah, you kept cleaning out your ears with an earswab for like, two hours. Y'know that ear thing is a myth, right? You used so many earswabs..."

[Color Harvested]

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate