Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Neighborhood Christmas Party [open]

Postby Celtic » 12/17/2020 7:45 PM

(Alright! So this is basically your standard run of the mill neighborhood Christmas party. Like legit just a block party. Feel free to pop-in, the hostess is the Jewel Fenling in this post. Do it for the keystones P:)

Emma

When you walked in the front door, there was a foyer with a curved staircase leading up. The railings were wrapped in pine boughs and twinkling, warm white lights and a smell of chocolate chip cookies filled your nose. The sheer amount of decorations though pulls you in through the house. To the direct left of the entrance is the living room, complete with two white leather sofas, a large grey stone fireplace and a 12 foot tall Frasier Fir. Colorful, mis-matched ornaments were the only clue that this was an actual person's home as everything was impeccably cleaned and arranged. There was a host of presents under the tree, all wrapped in color coordinated paper and bows. From the living room was the dining room, and aside from the large 10 setting wood table and china cabinet, it was filled with a small collection of different Santa Claus interpretations-- apparently the hostess was a collector. The kitchen was through a swinging door, revealing tall ceilings, a 6 gas-burner stove and french doors that led out onto the (large) deck. Clearly this was a home for entertaining, and it was being used to it's fullest potential.

The hostess had hired staff for the event and they were walking around in suits with appetizers and drinks for the guests. Truly, she'd thought of everything. The hostess herself was doing her best to stay in character, but you could tell from the edges of her expression that she was stressed and barely keeping it together. She was in a grand 50s style dress with a full skirt that hit about mid-calf. The top half was a bright white, embroidered with a scene of Santa's sleigh and his 12 reindeer. The bottom half was a burgundy base printed with images of holly. The ensemble was completed with a bright red lipstick and a cranberry juice and champagne based cocktail that never left her left hand. She certainly was festive looking.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Re: Neighborhood Christmas Party [open]

Postby Celtic » 12/17/2020 7:54 PM

Chrissy

A dignified looking woman, in her early 30s was the first guest at the party on purpose. She lounged on a barstool in the kitchen staring at the hostess pace back and forth. "Emma! Calm down, it's going to be a smashing success. It always is."

"Chrissy you don't know that! The second I stop fretting is when I'll drop the ball." She gave her friend a mean look. "I'm not settling for good enough. It needs to be the best." Emma stared off for a second, imagining being the talk of the town at Saturday brunch. All the fancy ladies talking about her Christmas party.

"I just don't see why you care so much. You've got a great house, you've got a killer job, you've got great friends. Why are you so worried about what literally everyone thinks? You'd let a heroin addict tell you your party wasn't good enough." Chrissy had a point there, but it was still rude.

So instead of arguing, Emma gave a shrewd smile and took a swig of her champagne. "Party guests will be here any moment. Better get ready to greet people at the door!"

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/17/2020 8:00 PM

Emma had refilled her glass before going to the door and she sipped at it while waiting for her first guests. This was always the worst part-- what if no one showed? What if they came and then immediately left? What if her decorations weren't good enough? Weren't simply enough? Were too kitchy? She really should have bought new ornaments, but the ones she had were collected through the years by her family and friends... They were essential to her Christmas spirit. She stole a look at her tree, and at least that worry faded. She did, truly, love her ornaments. Even if they didn't match.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/17/2020 9:02 PM

ImageImage
Marsh and Corin

They were bloody early! Corin sighed as they rounded the corner to reveal the house they were going to. "Marsh, I hate being early to things. Why did you do this to us?" The dapper looking young man grabbed Corin's hand in reply.

"Darling, it's because we like Emma and we care about her. She's put in all this effort, the least we can do is be on time."

Corin stared dubiously at his companion, "But we aren't on time, we're early. There is nobody here!"

"Corin. We're on time. I promise. Now let's get inside, it's bloody cold out here." Marsh's tone said the conversation was final and he walked swiftly to the door, almost dragging Corin with him. Just before they reached the door however, Emma opened it.

"Welcome! Welcome! I'm so glad you two could make it." Her smile was genuine enough, she did love Marsh dearly, but Corin hadn't been here but a couple months and was already causing trouble. She embraced her friend, making sure to whisper in his ear, "Please keep him under control. We don't need another Halloween on our hands." When she let go of the hug, the concern in her voice had been completely wiped from her face, replaced by a huge smile again. "Please enjoy yourselves, refreshments are in the kitchen and the servers have all the food!"

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/18/2020 6:44 PM

Corin made a face at Marsh as soon as they walked past Emma. He knew very well that the fenling didn't like him and that suited him just fine, it was whatever. She didn't matter to him at all. "Where are these drinks she mentioned? I need them now" Marsh didn't respond-- he could also use a drink or two to really get into the spirit of the party and he just led the way to the kitchen.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/18/2020 6:47 PM

Chrissy smiled deviously when she saw who entered the kitchen and slid off her bar stool at the counter and hugged her two friends. "Oh what was she thinking inviting the two of you? Doesn't she know you all are trouble?" She giggled and directed them over to the bar area.

"Hey speak for yourself! I'm quite respectable nowadays." Marsh ducked out of her arms and walked off to the side, observing as his date nuzzled into Chrissy's neck.

"Us? What about you! You're quite the troublemaker Miss." Corin was grinning from ear to ear now, and Marsh was thoroughly dreading how this evening was going to end up.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/19/2020 10:56 PM

The teen girl was wearing candy striped knee high socks, a short denim skirt and a "Grinch" crop top. Her lips smacked as she chewed gum and stood on the front stoop waiting to be let in. It was less than a minute, but from the look on her face Emma assumed she was standing out there for at least ten.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry I didn't even notice you at the door until now. Please, come in, come in! Are your parents coming?" The girl just screwed up her face at Emma and mouthed a "Duh!" Like she'd come to the lame party of her own free will. Immediately she pulled out her phone and walked into the living room, furiously texting as she plopped herself down on the couch.

"Yeah please just make yourself right at home." Emma said to herself sarcastically, closing the door and taking yet another swig of her drink.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/22/2020 12:27 PM

Chrissy was hugging Corin, who was sitting on her lap on the barstool, while Marsh was searching through cabinets for the correct cocktail glass. "You take such good care of us darling, isn't he the best?" Corin nuzzled into Chrissy as he complimented his date. Marsh just rolled his eyes at him.

"He is the absolute best. No doubt about it." Honestly, Marsh should have known that this is how tonight would go. He knew how Corin and Chrissy were-- he and Emma could get just as bad. He finally found the coup glasses and headed straight to the bar next.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/22/2020 12:31 PM

Marsh, who was a professional bartender if anyone was wondering, expertly poured various amounts of liquor into a pint glass before going to the fridge to retrieve some fresh cream and then filling it to the brim with ice. Popping on the metal shaker bit, he grabbed it in both hands and shook over his head while Chrissy and Corin ogled and ah'd over it.

Once the metal was iced over nicely, he swapped it out for a strainer and poured the white viscous liquid into four cocktail glasses-- garnishing with a mini peppermint cane.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/22/2020 12:40 PM

In an attempt to escape Corin and Chrissy's insufferable banter, Marsh gave each and cocktail and excused himself to go give one to Emma. On the way he saw another insufferable guest-- Chrissy's horrid child. He cringed inwardly and gave a non-commital, "Hey" before moving on to the foyer, hoping she didn't try to strike up a conversation.

Marsh was in luck as the teenager was engrossed in her phone and didn't even register his greeting, and with a breath of relief handed his friend a new refreshment. "It's white chocolate and peppermint"

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/22/2020 12:43 PM

Emma smiled wryly and teased him, "So the options I had for guests weren't good enough?" She downed the remaining drink in her champagne flute and swapped it out for the new one, a server quickly and quietly taking the empty glass away.

"Oh no, nothing like that. I just needed an excuse to not be around Chrissy and Corin. You know how insufferable the first couple hours of their reunions is." Emma nodded in agreement.

"Oh don't I. You're welcome to stay up here and greet guests. Most people are late so it'll likely just be us for the time being."

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate