Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: Garden Spells [Event]

Postby Azura Rayume » 08/01/2021 7:39 PM

"Me? Why me?"

"The plants listen to you better. They're only really attacking me anyway." He pulls away and gives her a smile. "If anyone can do this, it's you."

She nods, and he takes that as a signal he can move. Two light steps, and he's standing on the branch. He taps it with his boot to make sure it's solid, then gives the a thumbs up and turns his attention back to the vines as the magic leaves him.

"Hey!" He stomps his foot on the branch, and the vines swivel toward him as the bark cracks. "Come get me, you stupid vines!"

[31]

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 08/01/2021 8:51 PM

The moment the vines shoot toward him, Rune moves. It takes so much of her self control to not watch him, not make sure he's okay. She can still hear him taunting his opponents and the snap of his shears, so she has to trust that he is okay. She redirects all of her magic around her feet and jumps, slowing her descent into the opening enough that the spiked roots present no danger.

"Hey, there," she whispers, reaching up toward the twisted vines with a gentle hand. It recoils from her, and she sighs. "I only want to help. This isn't good for you."

[32]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 08/01/2021 9:10 PM

Above she hears a cry, and one of the aggressive vines shivers and falls. She looks up, frightened for Tristan, and the whole mass around her shakes. It sounds like the plants have him, and she cannot hesitate, cannot wait. She reaches out to touch the vines, pressing her hands to the surface and letting her magic flow into it.

"I raised you," she says, her voice soft but as commanding as she can make it. "He and I did, together. We want to help, but we can't unless you let us. Please, give me back the thing, and let us help you get back to normal."

[33]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 08/01/2021 9:55 PM

Slowly, the twisted shape begins to unwind, and she pulls herself up high enough to grab the device with a delighted sound. Rune takes hold of the crystal, with her magic as much as her fingers, and yanks it from the holder. As soon as it comes loose, the crystal glows brighter, then dims to a faint green that pulses as she watches it. The plants all around shiver violently, then stop moving completely.

"We're safe!" She calls, tipping back to look up. She expects to see Tristan leaning down to look at her, but there's nothing. "Tristan? Are you okay?"

[34]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 08/01/2021 10:18 PM

"I'm fine! Just... stuck."

Rune scrambles up the vines as quick as she can, her magic pushing her feet and helping her up. When she reaches the top, the sight catches her off guard enough that she laughs. The vines have him almost cradled, enough wrapped under his body to keep him supported while the rest restrain his arms and legs. He looks like a puppet, almost, left hanging by its strings.

"Stuck indeed," she giggles, grabbing onto a vine and giving it a tug. "I got the crystal out, and they all stopped moving. What do you think we should do next?"

"Well, you have to get me out of here first," he grumbles, tugging one of his arms free. "And then we have to try and clean up this mess."

[35]

[Crystal Synthesis Complete]

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate