Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Simple Kindness (Private/Closed/Finished)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/11/2008 10:05 PM

Skystar sat down stiffly. Her paws hurt, and she was sore from all the walking. Her aqua colored eyes were glued to the ground as she leaned against the building, wincing as a few stones dug into her hip. But it felt good just to sit down. Sighing, she picked herself up off the ground, and decided that, if she was going to rest, she'd at least rest somewhere nice. Padding along the cobblestone streets, she passed by a few vendors, selling meat and other goods.

One of them smiled at her, and pointed to his wares. She lifted up her front paws, and rested them on the top of the cart. "Oh, dried jerky," she purred, smiling brightly. The man nodded, and pulled down a bag. "Would you like some? It's 50 keystones for a large bag, and 25 for a small one." Skystar paled, and sighed. "Er, no...I guess not. I...I don't have enough..."

A shadow fell over the small Hydrokuhna, and she looked up to see a large Lucian standing over her, his pinkish eyes staring down at her with something akin to pity. "I'll pick up the little lady's tab," he rumbled, his voice a smooth, sultry baritone. Skystar almost melted, and felt her heart flutter. Whoa! Smiling dreamily, she suddenly seemed to understand what he said, and shook her head.

"No, no, I couldn't ask you to do that," she mewed, shrinking back. "It's all right. My friends and I will make due without it." She began to pad away, when the Lucain opened a pouch on his shoulder, from a bag that looked remarkably like a saddle bag, and tossed the 75 KS on the table. "There, take them. And I will take those." He grabbed both bags, and padded after Skystar.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/11/2008 10:11 PM

Skystar looked up, surprised when two bags flew over her head and landed in front of her. She turned around, and her tails twitched with surprise. "I thought I asked you not to buy these for me, mister. I don't want to owe you anything!" She looked defensive, and her fur bristled. The Lucian only smiled curiously, and sighed.

"I did it as a good deed. Couldn't let you go hungry, now could I? So just take the damn things, and be off, why don't you?" The canine wasn't particularly pleased with the Hydros response. He whuffed softly, and a cloud of sparkly dust floated in the air around his mouth.

It was then that Skystar noticed that sparkly dust floated from his mouth, in his breath, and around his paws. He had on a strange necklace, with a symbol she had never seen before. "What is that?" she asked, her annoyance completely forgotten as she stared at the shiny silver necklace.

[S; 3 / F; 2]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/11/2008 10:16 PM

"This?" The Lucain grumbled. He glanced down at his necklace, looking pleased wit himself. "It's a good luck charm. My trainer gave it to me. It's called an 'ankh.' It symbolizes longevity. It's very special to me." His two tails wagged happily as he thought of his trainer, but when his gaze shifted back to the Hydro, it was still as cold a before.

Skystar studied it closely, before smiling. "Wow, well, it's really neat," she said after a second. Turning around, she was about to pick up the bags, when she thought of something. "What is your trainer's name?" she asked slowly, looking curious.

[S; 4 / F; 3]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/11/2008 10:21 PM

The Lucain looked confused, and, tilting his head to the side, he simply said; "Tabitha, why?" He watched as the Hydro froze, her eyes locking onto his. She looked confused, then intrigued, and finally, something close to happy. He didn't like the myriad of emotions running across her face. It freaked him out a bit.

"Oh, awesome! My name is Skystar, and Greymahlkin and Beecko said Tabitha could be my trainer too! So that means we'll be part of the same family, right?" She was bouncing excitedly, her fur standing on end. Her eyes were alight with happiness. What a cool big brother he'd be!

[S; 5 / F; 4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/11/2008 10:22 PM

The Lucain drew his head back, and muttered something that sounded like ; "Small world..." He shook his head in amusement, and nodded "I suppose it does. Shouldn't you be getting back to your new family?  bet they are hungry, and waiting for you." He gave her a gentle nudge with his paw, his eyes glowing with laughter.

Skystar turned in a circle, and nodded. "Oh, yes, I should!" she yipped, before grabbing the bags. "Thanf youf," she mumbled, between the fabric, smiling as best she could at him. "Shee youf lafer!" The Hydrokuhna raced off, her twin tails waving in the air.

Fioray shook his head, and chuckled. In her hurry, she had never even asked for his name...

[S; 6/ F; 5]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate