Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Postby robopup24 » 02/14/2008 4:31 PM

(OOC: -Evil Cackle- Join in XD)
Out of nowhere, that strange, pink Gyrraptor appears in front of the newcomer, giggling. "Welcome, stranger. Come in, come in. Come into the House of Wonders."

Ah, that was- wait a minute! The Gyrraptor suddenly disappeared, and the door slams open. How strange. Will you come in?

---

"Mooo," The cow grumbled and clambered away. The ground beneath you rips open, swallowing you whole to the deep abyss.

It's pitch dark when you land, and it seems like there are two doors. A sign flashes brightly: "Final choice! Choose a door and solve the riddle to claim your fabulous prize!"

Ah, interesting.

The door to the left blended perfectly in the dark stone. In fact, it was made completely of stone. Still, it felt hot and squishy to the touch, and behind it, irritated growls came.

The door to the right seemed to be made of clouds, a gentle serenade came from behind. It shifted from daytime to nighttime, as if it could not decide what it should be. Yet, when you touch it, it burns your fingers.

Which door?

(Choose wisely. X3)

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Matt » 02/14/2008 4:55 PM

Eden slowly floated after the gyraptor, trusting it completely, having been around them her whole life. As she watched the gyraptor dissapear, or rather, didn't watch it. She floated into the house, feeling someone, or something's presence.

Member since 2007! Previously PimaBean.
PenWishlistDocs ⦁ Breeding ⦁ Sales
Activity on/off due to medical school.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 750
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/14/2008 5:36 PM

There was nothing to be afraid of, however. You emerge in a strange, space world. The dark abyss is cold, but the stars promise warmth...

Hey! The stars form three doors! Upon closer inspection, it seems like there are three doors. One of the doors seemed to glow with a comforting light and emitted a gentle mist.

The second door was less comforting. It flared up every now and then with a strange fire, licking the air. It glimmered a cold, dark hell-fire.

The last one...hey! It was just an empty, mossy arch.

Which one will you enter?

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 02/14/2008 5:43 PM

The florana gasped as she was transported to the abyss, watchng the stars form three doors. She fluttered to the first, inspecting a soft light. She then went to the second, from which embers came and burne her wings. She quickly passed that one, but stopped at the third. An.. arch? She floated towards this one, looking for some handle, then considering, she spoke up. I'll go in the arch one. She floated through and under the arch, waiting for anything to come.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/14/2008 8:06 PM

Oh crap.

As soon as you pass the arch, a booming voice echoes through the room. "Who art thou?!"

Who art thou? What was going on here? The arch has mysteriously vanished, leaving no trace except a fluttering leaf. The room, was it a room? was a huge swimming pool, with churning angry waves. Suddenly, a huge whale bursts out of the surface, its huge, beady eyes inspecting you.

"Who art thou?!" It demanded again. Suddenly, as if it remembered something, it seemed to calm, its booming voice brought down to a soft whisper. "Thou hast come to take thy test." The whale muttered. "Thy shall take it and see if thy pass." Ah, this made sense now.

"Take the number of days in a leap year, add the number of months with 30 days, divide by the number of loafs in a baker's dozen, add the number of days in March, add the square root of nine, divide by the number of days in a week. Which month are you left with?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 02/14/2008 8:26 PM

Eden shook, but stepped up. After 5 minutes of calcualating in her mind, she answered. 8.945054945055 She was surprised at herself, having an internal calculator.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/14/2008 8:29 PM

Crud.

The whale did not seem at all pleased at this. "I asked thou what month!" The whale bellowed, slapping his fins at the water. "What month hast thou recieved?"

(OOC: -Hinthint- Round -hinthint)

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 02/14/2008 8:36 PM

"Oh crud!" She dodged from a wave, almost getting her pure wings discinegrated. Uhm...uhm....9! So... September!

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/14/2008 9:14 PM

Now throughly satisfied, the whale bellowed, "Pass, thou may pass."

The room swirled before your eyes, spinning faster and faster...and then it stopped. The water was gone, as was the whale, and you find yourself in a jungle. Strange. Very strange. "Newcomer?" An amused voice muttered. A rainbow-pelted jaguar regards you boredly, yawning. Man, it had some big teeth.

"I suppose so. A riddle or a puzzle, yes...here it goes: What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/14/2008 9:25 PM

The Lucian shifted uneasily. The door to the left seemed strange, and the growls form behind it...well, they weren't really all that enticing. The one on the right was a bit strange, and, to be honest, creeped him out a bit. He padded forward to touch the right door, and pulled his paw away. It was hot! Almost scalding! He touched the left door...What one earth? It's...Squishy...Sighing, he glanced between the two, and, slowly, wincing as pain shot through his paw, he opened the door on the right, stepping through the threshold.

((-Giggles- I know the answer to Pima's riddle! -Shifty eyes- Not telling, though!))

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Matt » 02/14/2008 9:31 PM

As Eden watched the shifts, she grew dizzy. At the sight of the jaguar, she squealed, but then setteled down. Hmm... may I have a hint?

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/14/2008 9:41 PM

Ah, the Lucian had finally made it to the prize...wait! Where was the prize? The Pink Gyrraptor was there, holding a huge, pink cupcake. Oh dear, I hope that isn't the prize...

"Congrats for making it this far." The Gyrraptor giggled. "You certiantly have guts. One last riddle and you will claim your prize. Don't worry, this cupcake is for me." She giggled again. "Here is the last and final riddle:

There were five men going to church and it started to rain. The four that ran got wet and the one that stood still stayed dry. Why did this happen?"

--

The jaguar regarded the Florana with a bored look. "Yes...a hint...think of a letter..."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/14/2008 9:47 PM

The Lucian chuckled. "Nice cupcake,"he commented lazily. "And I think I know the answer."He smiled, tilting his head. "The four got wet because they ran. The one who was dry never left for church. So he did not get wet."Small puffs of sparkles floated around his muzzle when he spoke, and he smiled, finally hoping he had gotten to his prize. "And in case I get that wrong, I'd like a hint...But I'm fairly confident I am right."

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Matt » 02/14/2008 9:50 PM

The florana looked at the jaguar, with a large grin covering the length of her face. M! It's the letter M!

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/14/2008 9:56 PM

At the Lucian's answer, the Gyrraptor laughed so hard that tears leaked out of her eyes. Did he get it right or wrong-?

"Wrong." The scaly reptile grinned. "Wrong, wrong! Try again. A hint: think of the dead." The dead-? What the heck? She sat down, munching on her cupcake, mumbling happily to herself at the delicious taste.

--

"Correct, missy." The jaguar scowled. "On you go now." Without another word, he leaped away and the scene melted once again. This time, the Florana was now flying in the clouds, surrounded by strange, multi-colored birds.

A bird ventured near her, its murky brown colors standing out in the strange scene. "The third riddle I am!" The bird sang. "Answer me if you can!

As I went across the bridge, I met a man with a load of wood which was neither straight nor crooked. What kind of wood was it?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext