Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

.::.A Strange House.::. [Valentine's Day Party]

Postby robopup24 » 02/13/2008 9:30 PM

Ah, Valentine's Day.

What a wonderful time for people to feel alive, to declare their love to those close to them. It was also a time where people could get rid of those strange, tasting candy hearts from last year and not feel or look stupid.

Wait, what's this? A strange house stands, where no house has been before. It's streamed with bright pink streamers that gently sway in the wind. Huge, giant, heart-shaped balloons float, tied to the pink sakura trees.

Everything about the house was pink.

Ah, so somebody ran the house. A Plush Gyrraptor, fit for the coming holiday, danced around the house, tweaking the flowers here, nudging a streamer there. She seemed to be all around that strange house. Yes, she was as strange as the house, having appeared during Valentine's mysteriously out of thin air.

She stopped at the front lawn of the house, and, looking around her, dashed into the strange pink house. Minutes later, she came out with a sign and a hammer.

Thunk, thunk, thunk. The sign shone brightly, also in pink. Good lord, was everything she was going to do in bright pink? Even the grass was starting to take a pinkish/reddish tinge. No matter, in brazen black letters, the sign loudly declared:

COME TO THE MAGICAL HOUSE OF WONDERS! EARN PRIZES SUCH AS:
-CANDY
-KEYSTONES
-AND A MYSTERY PRIZE...A RARE CREATURE!
ALL THESE AWAIT YOU AT THE MAGICAL HOUSE OF WONDERS! COME IN TODAY!

(OOC: o3o Yes, there shall be real prizes coming from me. I will actually be distributing KS and a special pet to those who wish to participate in this little...game. Hop in?)

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/13/2008 9:47 PM

[center]Image

Fioray had been in the Town of Nabias ever since he left Skystar, or rather, she left him. He chuckled at the memory. The little Hydrokuhna was quite sweet, and he was certain she had made it back to the Basantha shrine already. As he padded through the streets, little trails of pinkish colored sparkles trailing behind him, he stopped dead in his tracks, eyes wide. "You have got to be kidding me..."he mumbled, staring at the most appalling sight he had ever witnessed in his entire life.

He didn't remember this house being here...Was it here before? Had it just appeared out of nowhere? Curious, and still strangely disturbed, he crept towards it, he noticed a very odd creature prancing about, flouncing around the pink house with fluffy pink feathers. "I'm going to be sick,"he grumbled, looking annoyed. But when she brought out a sign and hammered it down, he felt his nausea lighten, and his curiosity was tweaked. " 'Come to the magical house of wonders...' " He read aloud, his eyes scanning the sign. He looked up at the house, made a face, and wondered if it was really worth it.

Sighing, a cloud of pink sparkles drifting in the air before his face, he figured he wouldn't look completely ridiculous if he tried to remain...Aloof. Tilting his head this way and that, he tried to look disinterested, as he padded towards the Gyrraptor. Candy, keystones...Mysterious prizes. They all sounded too tempting to pass up, and, truth be told, though no one knew it, he had an amazingly large sweet tooth. He was particularly fond of peanut butter cups. Trying not to dwell on the candy, and focus on the surprise creature, he cleared his throat.

"Ahem...Miss...I was walking by and couldn't help noticing well...Everything...Especially the sign." He looked away, not meeting her gaze. How embarrassing to be seen here. "And I was interested in these prizes you are handing out. What must one do to get one...Especially that mystery pet?" And do you have any peanut butter cups? his conscious loudly announced, but he squashed the little voice with a vengeance. Don't make this any worse than it already is...

((Oooo! Contests! Sounds fun. I hope it's all right if I bring him here. He's in a breeding room, but I wasn't sure if that counted as being somewhere. I can tweak this to be a different pet, if need be.))[/center]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/13/2008 10:18 PM

Oh ho! A visitor!

The Gyrraptor stopped in her tracks, grinning broadly. "Welcome visitor, to the House of Wonders." She chrips. "To get the prizes, some puzzles you must solve. They are simply beyond this door." She gestures with a pink claw toward the house. "Enter and there will be three more doors, deciding your prize. Solve all the puzzles and see what you get!"

Without another word, she flounces off, dancing, singing.

The pink door suddenly slams open and a sweet scent of candy and wood drifts out, beckoning to the Lucian. Come in, it seemed to say. Come in...if you dare.

(OOC: I feel like typing in a narration point of view XD It's fine for your Lucian to be here, by the way ^ ^)

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/13/2008 10:29 PM

((Woo hoo! Yayz! -ish excited-))

The Lucain stared after the Gyrraptor, a disbelieving look on his face. "Puzzles?"he repeated, staring at the house. "You mean I have to go in that wretched looking thing?" Sighing, he rolled his eyes, and sighed heavily, a cloud of pink sparkles floating in the air around his face. With an annoyed grunt, he started forward, the voice beckoning him towards the doors.

That dancing and singing was really getting to him...

"Oh, just kill me now," he muttered, striding forward confidently, but trying to hide his face from the world. He stepped though the threshold, the sweet smells tickling his senses. "Oh, I dare, mysterious disembodied voices,"he huffed, looking about. "Bring it on. What's the first puzzle?"

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/13/2008 10:36 PM

As you step through the door, three doors lay before you. Each one had a strange symbol on them, glowing with a strange light. One was a dark brown, like dark chocolate and indeed did emit a chocolate smell.

The second was a light pink, and it smelled awfully like perfume. And the third...

Wait a second, what the heck is wrong with the third door? It was a horrid smell, mixed with all the garbage in the world, and was a mucky mix of all the colors. If you leaned in closer to it though, you could hear a slight giggle behind it...

So, which door? Which way?

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/13/2008 10:43 PM

The Lucian hesitated. The first door...It smelled remarkably like candy. The second one...Smelled like...Perfume. He wrinkled his nose, drawing his head back as a cloud of sparkles flowed around his lifted paw.  Ick! The last one smelled like garbage. He looked at all three, his eyes darting between them. Which one...Which one...Finally, he stepped forward...He had made up his mind. And his decision was...

The perfume door...

He stepped forward, holding his breath...

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/13/2008 10:47 PM

Slowly, ever so slowly, the perfume door opened. It opened such a strange world to you.

Pink. Dead pink. Everywhere. Actually, there was no horizon or sky or whatever. Forget that. It was as if someone turned the entire world into one huge flat sheet of pink. It smelled funny too: like bubblegum at first, but then it changes to cotton candy...

Oh? What's that? A huge sign floats in the air...is it chuckling? "Riddle One I am," The sign sang. Wait, it sang? "Answer me if you can! Answer right and you shall pass!" What will happen if you answered wrong though? Let's not think about that, shall we?

"Riddle One, here it goes!

I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I?"

(OOC: You have three hints. If you are stuck, ask for a hint. X3)

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/13/2008 11:02 PM

The Lucain wondered if he had chosen right. His eyebrow twitched, and he thought he was going to faint...Pink...Everywhere...Steeling his nerves, he listened to the riddle, his ears tilting in confusion...

"I don't know,"he said, after a long pause. "May I have a hint?"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/13/2008 11:08 PM

The sign giggled in an annoying laugh. "It's simple really. You use it everyday. It's yellow. At school, you see it. Teachers want to see it moving."

That should be clear enough, the sign thought as it danced around before giggling again. "What's your answer?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/13/2008 11:22 PM

The Lucain looked confused. "Er...A lead pencil? Lead?"he jittered nervously from paw to paw, wondering if his answer was correct. His pink eyes strayed around the room, but he saw nothing but pink.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/14/2008 12:40 AM

A huge flashing of lights spread through the room, blinding and eye-soreing. Soon, though, it ceased, and in its place was another room.

This time, this room seemed to be like a sea floor: it even felt like a sea floor with kelp and fish swimming in the air. Yet, there was no water. How strange. Very strange.

The second sign was there, snoozing. It suddenly seems aware of your presence and sleepily lifts its head. "Wha-? Oh. I am Riddle Two, hello to you." He was obviously grumpy about being woken up. "Ready for the second riddle? Here we go now:

What gets wet when drying?"

Ah, certiantly this was one of the easy ones...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/14/2008 12:53 AM

The Lucain eyed the sign for a brief moment, before smilng smugly. "That's easy," he crowed. "It's a towel." Truly, this was one of the easier ones. Of course, he hoped the others were as easy...he was terrible at riddles...

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/14/2008 1:59 AM

Another bright flash filled the room. This time, however, instead of landing in another room, you land in some soft grass. Cows are grazing, their tails flicking contently. Ha. Funny. You've landed in a cow pen. A certain cow, a bright blue (how the heck can a cow be blue?) lifted its head and sees you. With a slow gait, he ambles up to you, narrowing his dark eyes at you, studying you. "Mooo, Puzzle One I am." The cow spoke in a deep, manly voice. How strange. "Here the riddles end and the true mysteries begin. Here is your riddle now:
If Fred the Squirrel can find one nut in 15 minutes and Jane the Squirrel can find one nut in 12 minutes. How many whole nuts will they accumulate in a day if they work together? Bearing in mind their daughter, Teresa, takes 20 minutes to eat a nut and she eats all day long!"
He awaits your answer, shifting patiently.

(I do hope you are good at math X3)

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/14/2008 12:26 PM

The Lucain scrunched up his face. What an odd place for a riddle...Anyways, back to the riddle. His eyes darted back and forth as he id the math in his brain. He wondered if it was a trick question. he decided he might as well give it a go, seeing a show he was certain of his answer. "Well, if there are 24 hours in a day," he began. "And Fred can find one in 15 minutes, he can find 4 in one hour. So four times 24 is 96." He paused, still doing math in his head.

"And if Jane can find 1 in 12 minutes, she can find 5 in one hour. 5 times 24 is 120. And if their daughter, Teresa, can eat one in 20 minutes, that means she'll eat at least 72 in a day. So..." He paused, adding everything together. "96 plus 120 minus 72 is 144." He nodded. "I suppose that would be my answer. 144."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 02/14/2008 12:41 PM

Ah.... this time is so peaceful... I think the humans call it... Valentine's Day?

As Eden floated through the neighberhood, she stumbled upon a completely pink lot! As she flew threw the pink trees and balloons, she finally made it the house. She wasn't that heavy, but heavy enough to ring a doorbell. At the chiming sound, she heard a few pets inside. Must be the owner and a guest. I thought I saw a sign on the way in... She hovered n front of the door, waiting for an answer.

((OOC: May I join? I luff prizes & rps like this! ^^))

Member since 2007! Previously PimaBean.
PenWishlistDocs ⦁ Breeding ⦁ Sales
Activity on/off due to medical school.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 750
Donate

Next