Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Postby robopup24 » 02/17/2008 8:21 PM

Disease? Joseph slowly shook his head. It hurt to think, to remember... "No. It was something else...during a battle, something strange happened." He didn't care to go into depth. "We must go back now..."

You can't move in your condition. Mist signaled. I cannot teleport now. My power is sapped...

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/17/2008 8:27 PM

The Lakuhndra blinked. As long as it was not contagious, it wasn't anything to worry about. She nodded slowly, then tilted her head to the side. She glanced at Mist, and noticed that she had signaled something about not going back, after Joseph had said they should.

"Oh?"she asked, raising an elegant brow. "And where exactly are you two planning to go, hm?"She poked her finger at Joseph, and pushed him backwards back onto the bed. "Especially in your condition."

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/17/2008 8:38 PM

Joseph scowled. "Don't touch me. Where we're going is none of your buisness." He might've been in a weakened condition, but he was still retained part of his old personality.

Don't say that, Joseph. Mist signaled. She deserves to know...

"We can't trust everyone blindly." Came the quiet retort. "The enemy has ears and eyes everywhere..."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/17/2008 8:44 PM

The Lakuhndra woman growled softly, her eyes flashing. "Really?"she growled, her voice sharp and short. "Well, do you honestly believe the 'enemy' would have wasted their time saving you? I could have let you die. And if I was your so-called 'enemy,' I might have." She straightened herself up, brining herself up to her full height. "And another thing...Don't you take that tone with me, boy. I am the one you just saved your skin. Or have you forgotten that?"

Her two tails lashed behind her, wings fluttering in silent anger. Her ears were flat aganst her head, fur bristling. She was not happy at all. Now here was a spark of her true personality. There was no gentleness, nor kindness in her teal eyes. Only fire, a strong, angry will and sharp, cool, humbling glances. How dare her patient treat her as if she had done nothing at all!

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/17/2008 9:02 PM

Joseph was undaunted, his eyes defiant. "Might is the key word." His eyes narrowed. "And personally, doctor, I have my reasons to distrust you." He wasn't much of a trusting character. You could have saved his life, but it'll take a heck lot more to earn his trust. "And I haven't forgotten that you had saved my life. That, I thank you for." His tone was level, but it held some sort of resentment in there. "And I don't think that you have the right to pry into our buisness. Keep your nose out of it."

Joseph! Mist's signals were ignored as Joseph fell back to his silent brooding. We could tell you where we were going. We are headed back to the Im-

"Mist. Don't. Tell. Her. Anything." He did not raise his voice, but those words still stung.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/17/2008 9:08 PM

The Lakuhndra woman only chuckled, her shrewd eyes alight with suspicion. "Really? And what reasons would those be?"She asked, settling her chin on her fist. Reaching out, she flicked him on the nose. "And don't you forget it. I don't care if you don't trust me, you are still my patient, and you still need your rest." Her eyes, once full of fire, had slightly softened, but the suspicion lingered. She glanced at Mist, having caught the last word she was about to say.

"Oh, dear. Not so hard to figure you out now, is it?"She leaned back, crossing her arms. "So, I have two little Imperialists on my hands, do I?"She clucked her tongue. "What shall I do with you now, hm? Can you give me a good reason not to kill you here?"She leaned forward, teeth bared, eyes glinting darkly. "And it had better be a good reason."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/17/2008 9:24 PM

How could she be suddenly so cruel? Mist stepped back, her scarlet eyes filled with...what? Sadness?

"A Purine, aren't you?" Joseph muttered. What reasons were there for her not to kill them? "Since when do doctors take lives?" He calmly studied her. "Of course, if you want to kill me..." His eyes glowed with an inner fire. "I won't go down without a fight."

That was a big statement with more words than truth to them. He was obviously still in a bad condition...he was determined to defend himself if needed, though, even if it took the last of his strength.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/17/2008 9:31 PM

The woman laughed; but her laughter was hollow, void of emotion. Her eyes glowed with a strange light, and she smiled. "Maybe I am, maybe I'm not," she mused, sounding intrigued. "Doctors take lives to save lives," she said simply, her voice hollow. "You know nothing of the healing arts. They are more complex than you could ever dream."She turned to Mist. "Are you afraid of me now? Because I threatened to kill you?"She sighed. "As for going down without a fight...Well, I can assure you that you'd go down...Fighting, at least. But it wouldn't be much of a fight."

Casually, she picked up a razor sharp scalpel, tossing it into the air and catching it easily. "I don't think there's much to worry about though,"she mused darkly. "I'm not in the mood to clean up a bunch of blood. It gets quite tiring, especially when you have to do it anyways."She tilted her head, eyes glowing softly. "So, why don't you tell me why you joined the Imperialists. Your just...Kits. At least, that is what you seem like to me."She pointed her scalpel at Joseph's throat. "Or shall we end this conversation here and now?"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/17/2008 9:44 PM

Joseph did not flinch at the scalpel's blade. "Kits?" His voice sounded amused. "As for the Imperialists..." His gaze fixed on the doctor's eyes. "I did not join them. My friend dragged me into a situation that I do not wish to be in." He slowly grabbed the scalpel by the blade. He ignored the blood that began to dribble down his hand. "And you think of us like monsters?" His voice was soft, but it had a deadly tone to it. The very thought of it made him angry. He thought of Kody, he thought of Lita, of SnowStorm and Ociana. None of them were monsters. Roughly, he yanked the scalpel out of her hands, the blade digging into his skin. Joseph ignored the pain. "Aren't you behaving like one now?" Yes, he had been a monster once, but he had repented for his sins dearly.

Mist suddenly gripped Bastet's arm, her eyes filled with determination now. She would not let this Lakundra hurt her friend!

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/17/2008 9:52 PM

Bastet laughed aloud as he took the blade from her, watching as the blood dribbled to the floor. "I don't think of anyone as monsters. It doesn't matter which side you joined, you are still living, breathing creatures. A bullet does not distinguish between friend and foe, as I do not, no matter which side I am on."She looked fairly amused as he dragged the scalpel away from her, blood dribbling down his arm. No matter. There was a vast array of surgical tools turned weapons in here, and she could expertly wield each and every one.

She laughed again, her laughter hollow and angry. "I behave how I see fit. Were you not the one who refused to tell me where you were going, or how you were hurt? Was I not the one that saved your life, and healed you when you were on the brink of death? And you ask how I behave? You have no manners, no civility. And you do not seem grateful, kitling. If I was in your position, I would think twice about calling me a monster."

She flexed her hand, claws shining in the light, and her eyes suddenly darkened. "Because you have no idea..."She glanced down as Mist suddenly clung to her arm. "Let go, kitling. I have no intention of harming either of you, unless you do so first." This time, when she spoke, her voice was soft, a crooning rumble, like a mother to her child.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/17/2008 10:04 PM

"If I do not seem grateful," Joseph's vision began to swim. He was still weakened, though he hated to admit it. "It is because I do not trust you." He carefully shifted his grip on the scalpel. "And there are several reasons why."

Mist clung on...was she afraid? She was not afraid of dying: she was already dead. What she was afraid of was Joseph dying.

"Mist," Joseph muttered, "Let go, please."

Slowly, cautiously, Mist released her grip on the Lakundra. D-don't hurt him. Her hands were shaking so badly that it was almost impossible to make out what she was saying.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/17/2008 10:13 PM

"Fair enough," the woman quipped, eyes glowing. "Why don't you lie down? Really, you won't be in any condition to return to wherever your going if you keep this up."She reached forward and took the scalpel from him, her deft skill allowing her to slide it from his hand without so much as cutting the already lacerated skin. When Mist let go, she only smiled. "I will not hurt him."She reached forward, and grabbed his hand. "I will fix him."

She took a small bottle of spray form the tableside beside her, used to disinfect wounds. "That was stupid," she growled. "If you get infected, you could just get sick all over again." She sprayed some of the disinfectant on the wound, which made a hissing noise. This antibiotic was painful, and hurt. But it was fast acting, and would speed up the healing process.

((Fioray entered the pinkness again! XD Valentines! ^^))

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/17/2008 10:46 PM

(XD Super awesome house of pink doooooom!)
Joseph held himself stoicly, bearing the pain without a cry. He did not say anything while he sat up straight, ignoring the urge to lay down in the soft sheets. He gave no thanks as he withdrew his hand. Ah, this scene seems familiar...his mind began to wander.

"You didn't have to do that." Wes dabbed the wet cloth over the Fellox's burns.

The Fellox gave a low growl. "Is that what you think? What I need, and want, to do, is my own decision." He laid there on the floor, his tails twitching every now and then in pain. "I rescued her out of instinct."

Wes finished and neatly wrung the cloth. "Whatever you say."

Mist sat on a chair nearby, watching the scene. Every now and then she would glance out the window. Was she looking for someone...?

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/17/2008 11:33 PM

Bastet raised an elegant brow, but said nothing as she replaced the spray bottle. She stood up gracefully, and began to flutter about the room, putting things away here and there. It was almost time for her to close up the clinic, though the hospital nearby remained open all day. She'd keep her clinic open for the night to accommodate her patients, as she was sure that neither had anywhere safe they could go before darkness fell over the town.

As she folded extra towels, and opened a large cabinet, she glanced over at Mist, who seemed on edge, and was glancing out the window every so often She turned back to the towel, folding it neatly. "Waiting for someone, kitling?" she asked softly, so as not to startle them.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/18/2008 12:49 AM

Well, this had been an odd hour for a fight, hadn't it?

It was still quite light out. Clubs were always a bit gloomy on the inside, but still, one didn't expect such a rowdy donnybrook to break out when the sun was still outside. Still, somehow it had, and Ken had had to step in to sort things out.

He pressed the ruined handkercheif to his nose. Still bleeding. Probably broken. Well, he wasn't so banged-up he couldn't walk himself down to the nearest clinic. Nabias seemed to be overflowing with doctors nowadays. What drew them here, he wondered? Weather? Ten months out of twelve, it was warm in Nabias, and the other two were bearably brisk. Must have made good weather for treating patients.

Ah, here was the clinic. Hopefully, the doctors wouldn't mind him dripping all over their nice clean carpet.

He suddenly felt a twinge in his leg as he passed over the threshold. That scar was long and deep...

[1]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

PreviousNext