Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/18/2008 1:08 AM

A soft chiming rang through the clinic, and Bastet's ears twitched. Hm? Who would be coming in at such a late hour? She glanced at Joseph and Mist. "Don't move,"she instructed. "Not that you can. But really. Just because I leave the room, does not mean you can get up and go where you please." She was rather fond of Mist. She reminded her of the little ones back at the menagerie, Pooky and Bumblebee. She softened her gaze long enough at the two to show she was being kind, then turned, and briskly walked down the hall to open the doors to the clinic.

Apparently, the rest of the people had gone home. They're minor wounds and cuts and scrapes just weren't that serious. They had probably decided to treat them themselves. She pushed open the door that led to the waiting room, and paused, eyes scanning for the one who had rung the bell. "Eh?"she asked, when she saw a large man, larger even, than her, towering in the middle of the room. He was...Tall. Well, that was her first impression. She was merely 5'6, and here he was...6'4. She looked up to him, wings fluttering in surprise.

"Er...Good evening, sir. I am Bastet, the doctor here. How may I...?" She trailed off, noticing his nose. "Oh dear,"she crooned, falling into 'doctor mode,' and hurried forward to take the handkerchief away from him. She inspected his nose, not daring to touch it. "What happened here?"she asked, peering up at him. She was standing very close, on her tip-toes so she could see his nose clearly.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/18/2008 2:35 AM

"Fight," Ken said shortly. He was not one to mince words. "People got rowdy at a club. I tried to get them out. They wouldn't go quietly." He changed his handkerchief, moving a slightly-less bloodstained piece of fabric beneath his nose. There was no hope for the poor white cloth. His suit might be salvageable--black didn't stain too easily--but that handkerchief...

"There's also a scratch," he said, pointing to his leg. The pants couldn't be saved either. The tear was too wide. The "scratch" he indicated ran down the length of his calf. Alhough it was shallow, it was long, and it was beginning to clot oddly.

[2]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/18/2008 3:52 PM

"A fight?" The woman asked, looking slightly alarmed. She knew the clubs got rowdy every once in a while, and sure, she'd had to treat a few bloody scratches and black eyes...But that scratch and his nose... "Well," she said, laughter in her eyes. "You must've jumped right into this on, eh?" She leaned down a bit to inspect the strange scratch. Not too deep, and not life-threatened, but something to be worried about nonetheless.

"Come with me," she said briskly, turning and heading back through the doors. She padded slowly down the hall, pausing to allow him to keep up, before pushing open the door to the operating room. The other rooms weren't equipped to deal with bleeding, and possibly broken noses, or strange scratches that could be infected. She pulled up the stool she had sat on earlier, and motioned to it with one elegant hand. "Sit here."

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/18/2008 6:38 PM

Dutifully, Ken sat. He changed the handkerchief again. He had no doubt that his nose was broken. He'd broken it before--earlier that morning, there'd been a single odd lump in it where that had happened and it had heeled.

"Big fellow slugged me in the nose," he said. He pointed to his leg. "Chimerantula stinger."

[3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/18/2008 6:55 PM

Bastet carefully pulled the handkerchief out of his hands, examine his nose carefully. "Well, it's definitely looks broken." She sighed. "I'll have to set it back into place. This will probably...Hurt. A lot." She reached up with gentle fingers, and touched both sides of the bridge of his nose. "Ready. I'm going to count to three, all right? 1...2..." Before she got to three, she cracked his nose, setting it back into place. It probably hurt like heck. She wouldn't know. She'd never actually broken anything before.

"There...Now let's wrap it up and it should be good as new...Well, almost. Is that all right with you?" She took a few bandages and placed them on a table next to them. "But before we do that, let me take a look at that...Scratch. Chimerantulas are...Well, they're poisonous," she stated bluntly. Carefully, she pulled back the ripped fabric of his pants leg. She inspected it grimly. It was clotting oddly, and it was possible that there was some type of poison creeping into his bloodstream through the wound.

"All right. I can fix the scratch...But I've got to do a few blood tests to be sure there isn't any poison in your system."She padded over to a cabinet, before taking out a small plastic box. Opening it, she pulled out an empty syringe. She trotted back over to him, and held it up. "Is that okay with you?" She smiled gently. "What's your name, by the way?"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/18/2008 7:38 PM

Ken winced as Bastet reset the cartilige in his nose, but he made no sound aside from a low grunt. Screaming, wailing, shouting, even simply swearing--that sort of thing wasn't his style. He sat perfectly still as she bandaged his extremity, not wanting to push the fracture out of place again.

Now he had what appeared to be a large white growth on his nose. Well, no matter. So long as it healed. When Bastet pulled the long needle, he simply shrugged. She asked him if she could run some tests.

"No matter," he said. Then she asked him for his name. "Ken," he said. "Kendall Tomas.

"Yes, I know some people think it's a girl's name," he added.

[4]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/18/2008 7:49 PM

"All right," Bastet said with a smile. She put on some rubber gloves, wincing a bit as they pinched her skin. Carefully, she pulled his large arm up, his own hands dwarfing hers. Carefully, she cleaned a spot on his arm, and placed the needle on it, drawing some blood. Flicking the glass contained with two fingers, she nodded and headed over to the corner of the room, where a small machine sat. She picked up a small bottle and punctured it with the needle, squirting the blood inside. She placed the bottle inside the machine, and closed the lid.

"Well, it'll take some time," She said, heading back over. She kept the gloves on her hands. "A girls' name?" she said, finally remembering what he had added after his name. "Not at all. I like it. It's a very nice name." She waved a hand at the boy who was lying on the operating table, using it as a bed.

"That's Joseph, one of my more recent patients. And this is Mist," she said, now indicating the girl. "Mist, Joseph, this is Ken. You might as well get to know one another. You might be here a while..." She gave Ken an apologetic look. "Sorry about that. I don't want to keep you from...Whatever you were doing before." She blinked and smiled.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/18/2008 8:01 PM

Mist's gaze shifted from the window to the newcomer, regarding him strangely. Nice to meet you. Mist signaled. What happened to your nose?

Joseph was less open in his welcome. He sat there, rigid and flatly said, "Nice to meet you." He wasn't very social, after all. Past experiences taught him not to.

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/18/2008 9:50 PM

Kendal made a swinging motion at Mist. He directed the imaginary blow up into his own face, stopping just short of his own nose.

Got slugged in the face, he signalled. "Nice to meet you too," he said quickly to Joseph. Then he said, directly to Mist, "Big fellow. Battleheart in human form, I think."

[5]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/18/2008 9:50 PM

Kendal made a swinging motion at Mist. He directed the imaginary blow up into his own face, stopping just short of his own nose.

Got slugged in the face, he signalled. "Nice to meet you too," he said quickly to Joseph. Then he said, directly to Mist, "Big fellow. Battleheart in human form, I think."

[5]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/18/2008 9:58 PM

A soft beeping sound caught Bast's attention, and she turned to see a small green light flashing on the machine. Seeing as how they probably wouldn't kill one another, she hurried over. A small read out was printed, and showed now signs of any foreign substances. No toxin, no poisons. Nothing. She smiled. "All right, then,"she muttered to herself.

She padded back over, and grabbed the bottle she had used to treat Joseph's wounds. "All clear of poisons. This might sting a bit,"she said softly, before spraying a bit on Ken's wound. "I'll need to...Er, cut the pant leg off to bandage it properly."She glanced up at him. "Is that all right?" To be hoenst, she kind of wished she'd get more talkative patients...She was tired of always sounding like she was talking to herself.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/18/2008 11:47 PM

"Yeah. Can't save 'em anyway."

Then, thinking he ought to be a bit more polite, he put one fat fist into the rip. He tore sharply, and the leg came off halfway. There. Now her job wouldn't be so difficult.

"Careful with the shirt, though. I think I can fix it."

[6]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/19/2008 8:23 PM

Bastet made a face, then shrugged. "I don't think I need to rip your shirt off," she joked. "Unless you have more injuries that I am not aware of." Getting back to the task at hand, she reached up and pulled a small jar off the counter, opening the lid, and smearing some clear colored goop on the wound.

Then, with practiced hands, she easily bandaged his legs, all the way up the scratch. "There," she said, wiping her hands on a towel. "All done." She tilted her head. "Fix the shirt? Is it torn?" She didn't notice if there was any blood on it. She hadn't been paying attention.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/19/2008 9:17 PM

"Yeah. Gonna wash it. It'll be good as new."

He looked down at his disinfected leg. It had a sharp medicine smell. "Is that gonna need stitches?"

[7]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/19/2008 9:59 PM

Bastet waved a hand. "You should use stain remover," she said casually. She grabbed the jar of ointment and the disinfectant spray, and padded over to the nearest cabinet, putting them on a low shelf. She glanced over her shoulder. "No...Unless you want stitches, of course?" she asked, smiling impishly.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext