Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Shirking Work to Date the Boss- Complications [private]

Postby SirMax » 02/24/2008 4:22 PM

To be perfectly honest, this hadn't been what Sanchino had been hoping for when he'd set off to go on this day trip with Daniel. Although at first it had gone as well as he could have possibly hoped for, it wasn't too long before the whole thing went sour. Daniel had discovered some unknown allergy of his and had a severe reaction, and now Sanchino had carried him all the way to a hospital in Nabias.

Although, really, Sanchino had suspected something would go wrong from the beginning. This, however, he hadn't guessed at. He would have thought that something would fall apart at Dr.Red's when they were away. But, either way, something HAD gone wrong.                                

And furthermore, the fact that he actually COULD carry Daniel all the way from Roraldi to Nabias scared him. His little doctor must have been very underweight for him to do that... "Well, we're here Daniel." he said, smiling as he opened the door to the hospital.

[[44]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 03/20/2008 8:24 PM

[Human Form]

Daniel was still sleeping, and thus didn't hear a word of what the other said. However, his color looked better, and he seemed to be breathing much more easily as well. There wasn't much left for the doctors to do, but it was a good idea to get him checked out anyway - Sanchino had that much right. Even asleep, Daniel looked so very cute. Perhaps even moreso. His thumb in his mouth would have completed the picture to a T. But Daniel was no baby. And he was starting to wake up, groggy as he moved into the doors of the building, and into one of the back rooms - ushered back before the rest, because Daniel's situation seemed to be worse than the others in the waiting room.
An IV was slid into a vein in the back of the doctor's hand, and he was given some oral medication [once he was awake enough to take it] for the breathing, and for the pain. Now that the allergic reaction had passed, after all, the bite did actually hurt. It was a wasp sting, not a bee - which meant that the sting site was much more tender, and probably hurt like no one's business. Regardless of that, Daniel kept a brave face, and didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that a simple sting had reduced him to a hospital patient.
As the other doctors were examining him, more and more problems began to arise. His weight, for one. A major problem. He was almost twenty pounds UNDER weight. Whether or not it was from stress or diet, it had to be fixed. Another problem was the fact that the poor doctor was diabetic. The sleepiness, the irritability, and the slightly scary moments of his not being able to really think clearly... It had all been part of that. But that wasn't the only thing that was being found. Bruises, cuts - some infected, internal injuries... There was enough here for Danny to have been dead six or seven times over, had he not had as good an immune system as he did.
When the doctors finally left, Daniel was drugged up well enough that he was feeling pretty good. No pain from anything, breathing better... and high as a kite. He giggled as he looked toward Sanchino, though he was still in control of his own mental faculties for the moment.

"I'm a pretty big mess, aren't I? I mean... I probably should have told you about the pain... and the dizziness... and the other things. But I didn't want you to worry."

He paused, and reached up to stroke the IV tube in his arm.

"I didn't want this to happen. You didn't have to take me to the hospital. I was kind of wishing you wouldn't. You know... Too many questions, not enough answers. That sort of thing. I could get arrested for what I'm doing, even though I'm just trying to give these kids a chance to get a decent income so they can move on."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby SirMax » 03/20/2008 9:01 PM

Sanchino was by Daniel's side, and didn't immediately respond to what his lover said to him. This wasn't because he hadn't heard. It was because he was shaking. Shaking uncontrollably, unable to believe how close Daniel had been to dying. He'd had all of those awful conditions, and Sanchino hadn't known a thing. He'd been totally useless. He'd had the most intimate look at Daniel that anyone could hope for, and he hadn't figured out any of this. If Daniel hadn't been stung, hadn't been brought to this hospital, he could have died.

[[45]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SirMax » 03/20/2008 9:26 PM

He was supposed to be a doctor. How had he missed so many tell tale signs? Signs that the REAL doctors picked up on immediately, of course. Signs that he'd brushed his fingers across, thinking only of Daniel's pleasure and his own, never of Daniel's health. He was an idiot, and if he'd continued like that he would have left Daniel die. Tears welled up in his eyes as he took Daniel's hand and clung desperately too it.

[[46]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SirMax » 03/20/2008 9:31 PM

Should have mentioned the pain... Daniel was talking like it was his own fault, not Sanchino's. He was so sweet. Sanchino didn't deserve him, when he couldn't even keep him safe. He started to cry, holding Daniel's hand close to him. "I'm so sorry, Daniel. I have failed you." he managed, before collecting himself with some effort. He had failed him, but he could make amends.

[[47]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby SirMax » 03/20/2008 9:33 PM

And even in this dire time, Daniel was worried about others. "I'll cover the questions, Daniel." he said softly, stroking the boy's cheek. "Don't worry, they  won't find anything out. However..." he took a deep breath. "I think I should become a fully qualified doctor, Daniel. Go to one of those schools, learn proper medicine so I can save you next time."

[[48]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 03/22/2008 8:18 AM

Daniel shook his head, but closed his eyes, and sighed at the stroking. He did love to be touched, and - frankly - Sanchino was one of the best people at that particular skill. Touching him. Stroking him. Holding his hand. He really didn't deserve such a dedicated mate. Sitting up slightly, he wrapped his hand a little tighter around Sanchino's, listening to him. After he was done speaking, Danny spoke up.

"Sani, love... It's not your fault that I'm physically a mess. I didn't tell you what I should have told you. Perhaps it was a trust issue. But I know now that I shouldn't hide things from you anymore. And really... I won't. Because I know that you're the best one in the world to tell such things. Unfortunately, it took me winding up in here to realize that. It's... embarrassing."

He blushed at this, and brought Sanchino's hand close to him, kissing the back of it. When his lover expressed the desire to go to medical school, he beamed. Not because he wanted someone to take care of him better [Sanchino did more than he could have possibly ever hoped for], but because he was happy for him. To throw yourself completely into something you loved was a wonderful thing. And if Daniel had to guess, he would guess that Sanchino loved being a doctor. He nodded.

"Go for it, love. I'm behind you 100% of the way. But let me tell you something. And believing me on this may be a tall order... but I ask you to. You didn't fail me, love. I failed myself by not trusting you enough to let you know that something was wrong. I won't do that again, because I know now that you're the best thing that's happened to me since... well....ever."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 03/22/2008 9:42 AM

Sanchino let a small smile cross his face through the tears, brushing them away with the back of his hand and looking fondly at Daniel. Daniel didn't feel that Sanchino had let him down. And he still responded to Sanchino's gentle touch as if it was silk against his skin.  "Daniel, what did I ever do to deserve you?" he murmured softly, leaning forward and capturing Daniel in a hug, but a gentle one, making sure not to hold him too firmly- he was still fragile, after all, and Sanchino didn't want to injure him.

Taking a deep breath, Sanchino asked the question which he should have known the answer to. But he needed to hear it. "Daniel... I would like to be it if you'll let me... Do you still want me as your guardian?" he asked softly, deep fear churning in the pit of his stomach of Daniel saying no. What if Daniel didn't blame Sanchino, but still thought he should find a new guardian? What if he thought he should have them take a break while Sanchino went to school? What if he thought Sanchino wouldn't want to take care of him any more?

[[49]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 03/23/2008 10:37 AM

"Why would I want you to stop being my Guardian? You do a better job of taking care of me than I do of taking care of myself."

He smiled over at Sanchino, and lifted his hand to rest on the other's cheek.

"You are my life, Sani. Without you, I'd have died a long, long time ago. Even now, you are the only thing that really keeps me going. If you didn't care, Sani... I don't know what I'd do."

His voice grew quiet, and he drew Sanchino's hand toward him to kiss the back of it lightly.

"Actually... I was planning on asking you... if I could live with you. Just the two of us."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 03/23/2008 4:47 PM

Sanchino was again forced to wonder what he'd done to earn the love of someone so perfect and so made for him as Doctor Daniel Red. He still wanted Sanchino as his Guardian even though he'd screwed up. And he considered Sanchino his whole life? It set his heart fluttering to know that.

Daniel had such a high opinion of him... he hoped sincerely that he could live up to it. He certainly didn't feel like someone that a cute guy like Daniel would base his life around. With a smile playing on his lips, he let Daniel kiss his hand in silence, watching him with a playful, loving look in his eyes.

Daniel... wanted to live with him? Together? Just the two of them? "What about Doctor Red's?" he asked frowning slightly. Daniel loved that place, and felt so much for all the workers... Did he mean to leave it and live away from it? Surely, if they were going to live in the slums, they wouldn't find a safer or better place. And if not, how would they get to Dr.Red's every day.

[[50]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 03/26/2008 1:24 PM

"I know... I know. I care for everyone there very, very much. But there's something I'm not entirely happy with. I can't run the place as sick as I am. But Casey is more capable, and Silestre needs HIS protection more than he needs mine. I've already handed over the business to Casey, but he refuses to change the name. A sweet gesture, really."

He paused, and started to cough, shaking afterwards, as though he were suddenly very cold.

"I am not well. You can't deny that. Of course, I'd come back and visit the place from time to time. But I need somewhere I can rest. And someone I can trust."

At this, he looked over at Sanchino again, and curled his free hand tighter around the other's.

"And someone I can love."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 03/26/2008 2:41 PM

"..." Sanchino listened quietly to Daniel, considering what he said. Casey had seemed the most healthy of the three, and he'd certainly been in charge during the recruiting process... And, unbeknownst to both Daniel and Sanchino, Silestre had recently netted himself a new guardian, if perhaps one who's only skill for taking care of him was cooking.

When Daniel coughed, Sanchino moved in closer to him, holding the doctor close to him protectively. He wasn't well, but Sanchino wanted more than anything else to change that. He wanted to make Daniel better, even if he seemed to get sick faster than even the most talented of doctors could heal him.

"..." Sanchino smiled. "We'll start looking for a place as soon as you're discharged." he murmured.

[[51]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 04/13/2008 7:30 AM

The acceptance relaxed him much more than any of the drugs had a chance of doing. His eyes started to slide shut, relief evident on his face. His pale, sickly face that turned adoring, half-closed eyes to his mate. He wanted this one to be with him forever. To help him through times like this - as well as to share times of success and triumph. He LOVED Sanchino, even if the wool-headed idiot didn't notice that by now. He loved him. And he knew Sanchino loved HIM just as much. The ghost of a smile darted over his features, and his hand in Sanchino's started to go slack. The medication finally had a chance to work on him, now that he wasn't running off of adrenaline.

"Sani...." he began, voice weak. "I.... I love you. I've loved you from the moment I set eyes on you... in the other place..." he was starting to trail off, but had to finish this thought. "Sani... I want.... Will you..... marry me?"

With that last thought, his hand went limp, and his eyes closed. Now, Daniel was peacefully resting. No more coughing, no more pain for the young Ancient. Finally the medicine was doing him some good.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 04/21/2008 4:48 AM

Sanchino watched in relief as Daniel slowly dipped into unconsciousness, but the final thing that Daniel said before falling asleep surprised him. He did know that Daniel loved him, however insecure he seemed to be about it sometimes, but he certainly hadn't expected that. Marry him? Were there even conventions for that on Evelon? He knew of many people who were lifemates, but even Sethor, who was devoted to Tali in a way that quite confused Sanchino, considering how Sethor had been in the past, wasn't married. Still, if such a convention existed...

"Of course, Daniel." he murmured to the sleeping kuhna.

[[52]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items