Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

The "Fruits of our Labor" produce stand

Postby Freezair » 09/12/2007 12:29 AM

Image FireImage Ice

"I don't know about this, Ice," said Fire, shugging the heavy harness from her back. "That ice cream stand looks pretty successful. Do you really think we can compete?"

"Nonsense," Ice huffed, pulling the curtain chord with his beak. Light poured into the dark nooks in the back of the stall. He hooked his mouth around the handles of one of the crates and set it on top of the counter.

"But it's so hot," Fire huffed. As if to prove a point, she hunched her own, flame-colored body, apparently recoilling from the heat. "Everybody loves ice cream when it's hot. Who's going to want to buy fruit in this weather?"

"Parents who don't want their children getting cavities," Ice chuckled.

Fire had to admit he had a point.

Fruit Available
Apples (by the pound)
Bananas (by the bunch, slightly more expensive due to their high maitinence)
Oranges (by the pound)
Watermelon (by the melon)
Cantaloupe (by the melon)
Grapes (by the bunch)
Grapefruit (by the bunch)
Blueberries (by the carton)
Raspberries (by the carton)
Strawberries (by the cartoon, more expensive due to not being in season)
Cherries (by the pound, more expensive due to not being in season)

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/13/2007 9:00 PM

ImageImage

"Why did we have to come here?" Etah grumbled. The Marble Stargoyle was vastly annoyed that they had come to a place full of "righteousness." Why couldn't they have gone to Lambastia's Grand Cathedral? Now that was the place to be!

"I love it here!" Evol, his sister, said, her light form flitting from one stall to another. "It's so light, and happy! Ooh, look, fruit! Let's get some!" she cried, her stubby claws fingering a small change purse her owner had given her.

"How about I eat you instead," the Marble Stargoyle grumbled, but he followed her over to the stand.

"Umm, I'd like.. a cantaloupe if you please," she said, putting a few gold coins on the counter. She smiled at the two Terratops. She was quite friendly, unlike Etah, who simply hovered in the background, glaring and muttering under his breath.

[Etah: 2, Evol: 2 -- due to Wishing Well post]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/14/2007 12:12 AM

"See?" Ice said to Fire, as an aside. "I told you so."

Delicately manuevering his tail, Ice daintily picked up a small, basket-like apparatus from the back of the stand. It looked like the bucket of one half of a set of scales.

Ice dipped it through one of the crates of fruit, fishing out a melon. He bounced it on his tail, its corded muscles gauging its weight.

"Yep, that's a good pound o' melon right there. That'll be 10 stone, if y'don't mind."

((OCC: Not real KS, of course.))

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/14/2007 5:23 PM

"Here you go," Evol said, counting out her stones. She admired the melon, thinking that it looked very ripe and tasty.

"That Cantaloupe's not even ripe," Etah said loudly. "And look at that dent in it.. I can hardly call it fresh either, with all those dirt particles clinging to it. It looks like it's been in a garbage can."

His sister made frantic shushing motions with her hands, but he payed her no attention. His eyes were fixed on the Terratops, staring at them defiantly, daring them to contradict him. Since as long as Evol could remember, he had always been like this. Taunting others cruelly, fighting, wounding, maybe even killing. There was definitely more than a touch of darkness in that Marble Stargoyle's heart.

[Etah: 3, Evol: 3]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/14/2007 7:06 PM

"You've got to be kidding me!" Ice began to protest. "That 'dent' you speak off is where the stem used to be attached to it! Those 'dirt' lines are the kind of veins you always find on a cantalope! You clearly know nothing about fruit."

Fire became wary. He threw his tail in front of Ice. He could see her tongue slavering inside of her beak and felt the puff of her harsh breath. Ice could be vicious when she was enraged.

"Errr... Well, if you want your money back, I suppose we could arrange something... or get you a different melon..."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/14/2007 7:17 PM

"No, no, that's quite all right!" Evol said quickly. "I think it's quite a lovely melon. Please pay no attention to my brother.. he's always like this." She gave him a glare, which he shrugged off easily.

"I still think we'd do better somewhere else. Without these anger management cases," Etah scoffed. He clenched his claws, hoping that the fight he was looking for was going to come soon.

[Etah: 4, Evol: 4]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/14/2007 7:33 PM

"Anger management cases?! You're a fine one to talk, you nattering little..."

Ice recieved a sharp tail across the top of her beak. She sulked back against the other side of the stand, saying nothing.

Fire apologized. "And you'll have to forgive my sister. She's very touchy about her fruit."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/15/2007 10:54 AM

"That's quite fine," Evol said, hurriedly snatching up the cantaloupe. "We'll just be going." She was in a hurry, since she was worried that Etah might cause a fight, which she didn't want in the least. Grabbing his claw in hers, she began to flutter away. But Etah couldn't resist one last remark.

"Well, at least I'm not running some stupid fruit shop," he said spitefully, then was dragged away by his sister, who gave them an apologetic grin as they flew away. Evol was only relieved that they had managed to get away without Etah causing a huge fight or something. Now she just had to keep him out of trouble on the way back to the pen...

[Etah: 5, Evol: 5 -- level up for both and they have now left]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/15/2007 3:29 PM

Watching them leave, Ice sighed. "See? And look, no one else is coming. I told you business would be slow. We can't hope to compete."

"You're always so pessimistic," Fire chided her. "There are lots of shops and stalls along the street here. But luckily, people come to these places loaded up on cash and ready to spend."

Something seemed to be preoccupying Ice. "What if a fight breaks out over something? I'm still worried."

"Oh, goodness, Ice. Take a deep breath and relax, why don't'cha?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remembered » 09/15/2007 10:46 PM

Rem and Mint walked up to the Produce stand after having their ice cream. Rem gestured to Mint that he get some fruit. Mint sullenly walked up and dropped some Keystones on the stand. After looking at the fruit Mint stated, " May I have two apples for myself and my pet?" He flicked his tail in acknowledgement at Rem, who snorted.
<center>
{Dango} Lv.2, Posts:5 Location: Terrace Park.
{Onigiri~Scissor~Zakuro} Lv.5, Lv.2, Lv. 4. Posts:6 Location: Purine Barracks.
</center>
Remembered
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 169
Donate

Postby Terri » 09/15/2007 10:59 PM

Sticks
[center]Image

[/center]
Sophur's eye was caught by what looked suspiciously like an orange.  She veered off to the right to investigate the stand, Sticks following quickly behind her.  The little Common Kuhna proceeded to rub against her owner's leg as Sophur placed her order.

"Four oranges and a two grapefruits, please."

While she waited for the Terratops to complete her order, Sticks' gaze strayed to the other pets whom were present.  Though she loved Sophur dearly, she was aching for some conversation with another pet.  She let out a short mew, hoping to grab the attention of someone non-human.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 24
Donate

Postby Gryffindor_Superchick » 09/16/2007 3:18 PM

Lisita came in, with Loki and Kia.
"Please may I have 2 Watermelons, then a carton of raspberries!" she said.
She held out the money to the owner of the shop,smiling.
"I love fruit" Kia said.
<center>This user has been banned.</center>
Gryffindor_Superchick
Banned
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 09/16/2007 5:09 PM

Ice couldn't help but look smugly at his sister. "See. Told ya."

Fire, meanwhile, high-string gal that she was, was fretting over the orders. "Ack! Fire! They're ordering individual fruits for things we sell by the pound! What do we do?"

"Just weigh them and do that math. It's just decimals. You're good at math."

If she had thought about it, this solution would have come to it naturally. "...Oh. Yeah, right."

She turned to the Serraptor and companion first. "Sorry, everyone, but I'm going to take him first; the calculations re easier. Two watermelons and a carton of raspberries... that comes to a clean 10 stone altogether." She passed the fruit to her customers through the basket.

"Now, for those odd little orders... Oh, dear." Ice's willful tail suddenly found her scale on its side. "Can anyone here help me out? This is very hard when you don't have fingers..."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 09/16/2007 8:48 PM

Sticks
[center]Image

[/center]

Sophur felt immediately guilty for the Terratops' distress, and quickly stepped out the way so the others could collect their purchases.  Glancing back at Sticks, the guilt was sparked yet again.  She really should take the poor Kuhna out more.

"Oh!  Let me help you with that," Sophur answered, straightening the skewed machine and leaning over, craning her neck to read the keys.  "Let's see..."  Within moments she had deftly typed in the correct amount, and the total had appeared on the screen.  She tensed; today wasn't a very good day for generosity.  She had originally wanted to leave a tip, but was hard-pressed just to pay for the initial purchase.  Her eye twitched spazztically as she dished out the few keystones, no more than was required.  Her concience was preying on her; she should leave a little extra.

Biting her lip, she fished in her pocket for something of value.  She came up with an over-used fountain pen, placing it on the counter as well.  Not exactly ideal, but the best she had.  The fact that the Terratops' had no fingers with which to use it didn't even cross her mind.

She took an orange and knelt down, holding out to Sticks, who sniffed it and proceeded to take it from her hand and begin gnawing on the outer flesh.  The rest of the fruit she intended to take back to her pen, but she lacked the correct amount of hands.  "Um...excuse me," she said.  "Could I have a bag for these, please?"  She indicated the remaining citrus fruits.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 24
Donate

Postby Remembered » 09/16/2007 9:59 PM

"Ah, sorry." Mint stated and placed a few more keystones. " I would like the apples by the pount then. " He took the apples and started munching on one, while giving the rest to his owner. She smirked and took an apple out and started biting into it, and with a bit of apple in her mouth, she said, " So you thought you could get by with only two apples huh?" The Leebra growled and they skipped away ready to explore another area.
<center>
{Dango} Lv.2, Posts:5 Location: Terrace Park.
{Onigiri~Scissor~Zakuro} Lv.5, Lv.2, Lv. 4. Posts:6 Location: Purine Barracks.
</center>
Remembered
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 169
Donate

Next