Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Postby Freezair » 09/17/2007 1:54 AM

Ice took to handling the apples. He scooped them into the now realighned scales and measured out as closely to a pound as he could manage. (Due to the variable sizes of the apples, it didn't come out to a pound exactly, but it was hard not to fudge things like that.)

Fire, meanwhile, carefully rolled the oranges into a sack. She looked curiously at the pen. "Uhhh... you don't need to sign anything for these. Unless you dropped this..." She tried to delicately take the pen into her mouth, balancing it between the points of her beak.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Terri » 09/17/2007 8:10 PM

Just as Sophur opened her mouth to reply, Sticks gave mighty yowl.  Jerking her head around to look at her little Kuhna, Sophur's eyes widened.

Under the little feline's right forepaw, a small puddle of blood was forming.  With a faint 'oh!' Sophur knelt down and delicately took hold of Sticks' paw, turning it upwards to reveal a large thorn embedded in the pad, which Sophur quickly plucked out.

The pen forgotten, Sophur turned back to the counter and spoke urgently; the thorn was big, and Sticks' paw was bleeding rather fluently.  "Please," she said, "do you have a bandage?"  Sticks insisted that one wasn't necessary - it was just a scratch - but of course Sophur couldn't understand a word she said.  The little Common Kuhna resigned herself to a revered silence, allowing Sophur to plea for whatever help she thought necessary.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 24
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/18/2007 2:43 PM

"Oh, dear." Fire noticed the red dripping spotting the ground beneath the Kuhna's paws. "Hold on."

They were deficient of bandages, as few common things could scratch the heavy hide of a Terratops. However, for all that she could be stifled, Fire had some ingenuity. Her beak hefted a clusted of something pale and gauzy from an extra box. She passed it off to Sophur.

"Sorry, no bandages, but we do have this. It's cheesecloth. It's essentially gauze. It might be a little rough, but it will protect the wound. If you need more--padding, antiseptic, the like--I can take you down to the first aide station."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 09/18/2007 3:34 PM

Sophur smiled gratefully as she was handed the cheesecloth.  "this'll work fine," she said.  "Thank you."

Sticks held perfectly still as Sophur wound themakeshift bandage arounf her bleeding paw.  When she was through, Sophur turned back to Fire.

"Thank you very much for all your help," she said, glancing at her Kuhna.  "I appreciate the offer, though I think it'd be best if I just took her home.  A little rest should set her right as rain."  Her cheerful speech was forced - it was obvious how much she was fretting.  She scooped the tiny Sticks into her arms and turned to leave, tossing a final farewell over her shoulder as the two left.  "If I'm ever in the area, I'll come buy some more fruit, I promise.  See you."

And with that they were gone, out of sight and out of earshot.  The fruit, however, still sat on the counter, forgotten about by its purchaser.  Perhaps Sophur'd pick it up on her next time 'round.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 24
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/18/2007 5:31 PM

"Oh, dear." Fire recognized Sophur's blunder immediately, as she admitted it was the sort of thing she might have done. "Hold on, Ice. Can you take care of ny of the others for me? I have to..." Fire did not finished what she had to, but she shuffled herself under a should basket in a hurried manner. She pushed the fruits to her sides, making sure they landed in her saddle gently. Then she loped off, as fast as her bulky body could manage.

"MISS!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 09/27/2007 6:17 AM

Coco flapped up to the stand happily. "Cherries!" she cried. "My favorite! Could I please have some? Oh, and some strawberries for my family, too!"

[Coco-4]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/27/2007 2:09 PM

Ice looked after Fire. He hoped she'd come back soon.

Then he turned toward his latest customer. "Certainly, my fine feathered friend!" Ice hooked his tail through a pre-tied sack of cherries and passed them to his patron. He scooted a box of strawberries around the front. "Thank you! Enjoy your fruit!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 09/28/2007 5:07 AM

Coco squealed happily. "Thank you!" She pushed some coins over the stand, then flapped off slowly, munching on cherries while pushing the strawberries in front of her.

[5]
Coco: LEVEL UP
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597