Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

A Walk Around the Plaza

Postby Jaykobell » 09/18/2007 3:54 PM

[center]Image
Toxin, Venom Ferrikoon

The Venom Ferrikoon looked around, seeing many shops of diverse items and names. Since she had gone to the Wishing Well, she decided to stop by the plaza, so to see the multiple

I hope some pets will be passing by... she thought, hoping she wouldn't have to spend this day alone in Nabias. Who knows, maybe Ken would be done with her breeding already and be coming to join Toxin for a nice walk between good friends.

Toxin shrugged and walked around, giving every shop she would spot a glance.

[Toxin: 27]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/21/2007 11:43 AM

[center]ImageImage
Snowy, Purine Fenling-----FireHeart, Blaze Fenling

There were two other pets walking about as well; both of the Fenling species.  "Fire, why'd you drag me out here?  I should be in Lamenolai, preparing for the war!" The Pruine Fenling said to the Blaze Fenling, who happened to be her trainer in Fenling form.

"Oh, come now, Snowy.  There will be plenty of times for you to go to Lamenolai during the war, but we need to hang around here for a bit.  Fleur just left, and I'm hoping to run into a special pet that I wished for." Fire said, her eyes turning a bright red.  Snowy silenced herself for but a moment when she spotted a Ferrikoon.  "Hm... black and green... That one'd be a Venom Ferrikoon, right, Fire?" She said.

"Indeed, just like Daiquiri." Fire said, walking over to the Ferrikoon.  "'Ello there.  I'm FireHeart, or Fire; and this is Snowy.  What brings you out to Nabias on this fine day?" She asked.

Snowy just stood off to the side, looking into a bakery window.

{1}

[[xD I finally decided I should make myself a pet.  Fenling's the closest I could get to my fursona, so... Go figure.]]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/21/2007 6:23 PM

[center]Toxin turned around as Fire spoke up. Her ears tweaking, she replied, "The name's Toxin. I'm walking around the city; I just came back from the Wishing Well," she explained, her tail flicking. Turning around again, she spotted two familiar figures...

ImageImage
Sketch, Ludwig

"I'm so glad to be reunited with you again, sweetie," a female Arkuhna said, walking beside a young Patriot male. She licked his ear lovingly. "So, oh so glad."

The Patriot boy purred happily. "I'm glad to be back too, mom." He rubbed against her. "But I got to see lots of places while I was 'traveling'." He had always seen 'trading' as 'traveling'.

He rose his nose and spotted Toxin not too far away. "Hey, mom. Is that our Pen leader?" he asked Sketch, the Arkuhna mother.

Sketch nodded. "Uh-huh. That's her, alright; who could miss that tattoo?" she meowed, giggling. "Let's go talk to her."

The two Kuhnas walked up to Toxin, Snowy and Fire. Toxin turned to them and nodded a greeting. "I see the bonds are still on," the Ferrikoon said, spotting the mother with her kit.

Sketch nodded, and so did Ludwig, the Patriot male. "Yes, we're so glad to be back together."

[Toxin: 28, Sketch: 22, Ludwig: 1]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/21/2007 6:52 PM

"What a coincidence.  I was there a little while back myself; but not in this form.  It's always a game of chance with the Well, yeah?" Fire asked, sitting down before looking over at the bakery.  "Snowy!  Get back here, would you; please!" She called, and the Purine Fenling came walking slowly over.  Before Snowy could say anything, Fire raised a paw.  "I hear someone else coming..." She said, turning around.

ImageImage
Aitrus, Cake Kuhna-----Yeesha, Cake Kuhna

"Ah, you finally got Yeesha out of the Arena, eh, Aitrus?" Fire said, seeing that one Cake Kuhna had the flesh around her ankles severed.  The male Cake Kuhna nodded.  "Yes, I told her that it would do her some good to get out and shut out those memories of the slums." He said.

"Why'd you guys even go there in the first place?" Snowy snapped, licking one of her tails.  "It's so vile and dark there..." She said, shuddering.

"Hey, E??wyra met her lifemate in the slums, Snow.  Don't diss the place just 'cause it's all dark and nasty." Fire said, rolling her eyes.  Yeesha sat down, licking her paws and panting.  It had obviously been a while since she'd set foot on the floor...

{Fire & Snow: 2 | Yeesha & Aitrus: 1}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/21/2007 7:14 PM

Toxin nodded. "Yeah. I personally hope the handsome guy will show up." She paused, then blinked. "I mean. Erm." Her eyes shifted from side to side. "Never mind, y'know," she finally replied, flicking her tail. It's not like she was going to admit she had an ever so slightly small crush on a pet that might not even exist in the first place.

Sketch turned to Yeesha and Aitrus. "Oh, you were victims of that kidnapping in the Slums, weren't you?" she said, putting a paw over to her mouth. "It must have been awful..."

Ludwig nodded. "It must have been. I heard that one of her Leaders, Marble, was raised in the Slums when he was little... he had quite a lot of problems back there." He shivered lightly. "I, for one, wouldn't like to go there."

[Toxin: 29, Sketch: 23, Ludwig: 2]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/22/2007 11:04 AM

Fire inclined her head.  "I see.  I am personally hoping that a rather special pet will show up myself.  What pet did your trainer wish for?" The blaze Fenling asked, with half a mind to morph into her trainer form, but she decided against it.

"Aw, come on, Fire!  You know that the chances of actually getting your Well pet are very slim.  Even if the one you wished for hasn't been requested yet." Snowy said, shaking her head.  "And again, I'll say that I should be in Lamenolai with my fellow Purists!" She snapped, clearly annoyed.

Fire sighed.  "A compromise.  If we come to an ice cream parlor, we go in and buy some ice cream?" She asked.

"Deal." Snowy said, curling up in a ball.

Aitrus nodded to Sketch.  "Yes, we were both victims of the kidnappings in the Slums.  Yeesha was taken before I was, though.  I followed after her and tried to save her; and was imprisoned in my efforts to do so.  The kidnappings left more of an affect on Yeesha than it did on me, though.  See, her ankles are still bloody and raw from the shackles that held her in place."  Yeesha whimpered.  "I never felt so scared in my life... except when tht smog came over the City and I could not find anyone--not Ti'ana, not Tasera, not even you.  I thought I was going to die alone." She said.  Aitrus sighed.  "Enough with your past life, Yeesha..." He said.

"Wait, did you say Ti'ana and Tasera were in your past life?" Fire said, blinking.  "Why don't people tell me this stuff?!"

{Fire & Snowy: 3 | Yeesha & Aitrus: 2}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/22/2007 11:53 AM

"A Ferrikoon," Toxin replied, showing the note Ken had left for her. "And this is the description of said pet." She shrugged. "She didn't tell me where she had seen or heard of the guy, though." Toxin flicked her tail, wondering as well. -Why- had Ken asked for that Ferrikoon in the first place?

Sketch gasped. "Oh my. It must have been absolutely awful, to be chained like that..." she meowed fearfully.

Ludwig nodded. "What kind of sick pet or human would do such a thing as to imprison innocent pets?" she asked, fur slightly bristling. "It's so immoral..."

[Toxin: 30 -- Level Up, Sketch: 24, Ludwig: 3]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/22/2007 2:29 PM

"Cool." Fire said, pulling out a piece of paper herself.  "I, meaning, me when I'm in my human form, wished for a Pingune.  Here's the description." She said, handing it to Toxin.  "Your Ferrikoon sounds like it would look very interesting." She added.  Snowy read over the description.

"I think you should wish for a Fenling next, Fire." She said, winking.  Fire looked over the Purine Fenling before shaking her head.

"It was awful.  So many other Kuhnas died... and there were a few other Kuhnas that we met there--Coalfoot, Raul, Sam... and then, there was our captor and his lifemate.  That purple Ancient Kuhna was so nice, but the male tan Ancient Kuhna... he was the one mercilessly starving us to death and killing us." Aitrus said, nuzzling Yeesha.  "Thankfully, we finally made it out alive."

"Indeed, and at least Maeve came to live with us.  She's been helping me with relearning how to walk after that imprisonment..." Yeesha said, licking one of her wounded paws again.

{4:3}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/22/2007 3:28 PM

Toxin read the description. "Sounds pretty charming," she said, giving the paper back to Fire. "Ken has an Alluria, back at the Pen. She was a Wishing Well pet, too. So, maybe you'll end up getting yours, too, since they're so rare."

Sketch nodded. "I see... so it was a Kuhna that was imprisoning other Kuhnas? That's awful..."

Ludwig growled. "Why would one of us do such a thing?" he snapped. "It doesn't seem right. Why would that Ancient hurt us? It's not because he's of a special breed that he should be considered superior."

[Toxin: 31, Sketch: 25 -- Level Up, Ludwig: 4]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/22/2007 6:43 PM

Fire smiled.  "I hope your trainer gets her Ferrikoon.  No one's wished for one of those at the Wishing Well before, to the best of my knowledge... just mostly Kuhnas or Lubshis or other various retired pets.  Before the move, I had wished for a Lakundra with the coloration of a Holy Kuhna." She said, remembering how that, along with her wish for a Celestial and StarSpeckled Lucain, had not come to pass.  She shrugged it off, turning to Snowy.

"I'm serious!  Wish for a Fenling next time!" Snowy said, a hint of laughter coming into her voice.  "I mean, Fenn's nice, and so're Amrit, Sashi, and Vixie, but I want a friend of my own." She said, licking her tails.

Aitrus nodded.  "I did not understand it either.  All I could gather in my mind was we were being starved, Yeesha stopped eating, Ronin was trying to get something from us that he never did; thankfully... I can still hear the dying shrieks of the Kuhnas that were killed." He said, shuddering.  Yeesha mewed quietly.  "I was so afraid that we were going to die, but we didn't even though I came closer than any of the four of us that were captured to dying." She said.

"Yeah, and you scared the bleep out of all of us at the Arena." Fire said.

{5-Level up:4}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/24/2007 1:06 PM

Toxin nodded. "I remember one of the humans wishing for a Lubshi. Never came true. I heard the Holy Triumviate likes it when various pets are wished for, not always the same species." Her wings folded themselves by her back. "But I guess the well is a good thing. It gives some of us hope." Hope. Oh, boy, how did she hope for that Ferrikoon to be real.

Sketch's ears tweaked. "Oh... you said Coalfoot earlier, didn't you?" she asked Aitrus and Yeesha. "He was a Hinder male, wasn't he?"

Ludwig blinked. "Oh! I've heard of him. He was with us at the Pen, wasn't he?" he asked his mother.

Sketch nodded. "Yes. He told us about the Slums kidnaping a little... But he then left so suddenly..." Turning back to the Cake duo, she added, "I'm glad you both came back alive, though."

[Toxin: 32, Sketch: 26, Ludwig: 5 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/24/2007 8:01 PM

"As are we." Aitrus said, chuckling.  "I am not sure what I would have done if they hadn't come back..." Fire chuckled nervously, looking back at the other two Kuhnas, who turned their eyes away.  "What, you mean Coalfoot left your pen?  I hope he found a nice trainer..." Yeesha said, her eyes turned away.  Snowy merely scoffed.  Why couldn't they go get some ice cream...?

{6:5--Level up || Crappy.  I ish museles...}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/25/2007 5:56 PM

Sketch nodded. "Yes, he was traded to a nice lady. She has many unique pets, so I've heard," she explained, remembering the strange lady.

Ludwig nodded as well. "He left as quickly as he had come back. He came back to the Pen, took his things, then up and left." He shook his head. "But I wasn't there, then. I was still 'traveling'."

Toxin spotted an ice cream shop as the small group was walking around the plaza. "Oh! Ice cream. Anyone want some?" she proposed, taking out a purse out of her traveling bag. "It's on me." She threw the purse in the air then caught it back, heading off for the shop.

"Ice cream?" Sketch echoed, licking her lips. "Now that sounds good."

[Toxin: 33, Sketch: 27, Ludwig: 6]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/27/2007 1:21 PM

Fire gave her three companions questioning looks.  "Not too much ice cream now, understand?  I cannot have you three bouncing off of the walls when we get home." She said, and the two Kuhnas and the Purine Fenling quickly agreed to her terms.  "Well then, I guess we can go get some ice cream." She said.

"YES!" Snowy said jubiantly[sp?], jumping up.  She loved ice cream, and would often sneak off to one of Fire's favorite ice cream shops when Fire wasn't around.

"Hm... that does sound good..." Yeesha said, wobbling on her legs as she stood up.  Aitrus stood up so Yeesha could lean against him, and then said, "Of course ice cream sounds good!" He chuckled, surprised at his lifemate's seemingly indifference to the thought.  He knew that, deep down inside, Yeesha was about ready to jump out of her skin with excitement.

{7:6}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/27/2007 5:07 PM

"I've never really tasted ice cream," Ludwig said, his ears shifting slightly as he walked over to the ice cream stand alongside his mother.

"Oh, I'm sure you'll love it," Sketch meowed, licking her son's ear. "It's smooth and tasteful."

Toxin was already by the ice cream stand, waiting for the others to walk over. Once everyone had reached the stand, she asked, "So, who wants which flavor? One or two ice cream balls?" She, of course, had to know their orders before delivering it.

Ludwig looked around the menu before replying, "I guess I'll go for... a chocolate cone. Um... with one ball?"

Sketch looked around with Ludwig as well. "I'll go for a plain, classic vanilla cone. With one ball, too."

[Toxin: 34, Sketch: 28, Ludwig: 7]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Next