Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Darian [23]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/02/2007 9:17 AM

It was some time before Darian awakened. He didn't have much to say, as he was still quite a bit groggy from the medication in his system, but he was coherent enough to understand the Doom Kitty, and to state his name and address when asked. He still LOOKED exhausted, though. That was five hours of sleep in what must have been about 40 awake. Not enough. But he didn't have time to sleep as long as he'd like, he had to get back to his patient.
He quickly checked Idzuna's wounds, and nodded as he catalogued them. Aside from the wound over the heart, most of the others were scratches - superficial. He scribbled instructions on a piece of paper, and unstrapped the other Fellox, setting the paper where he could see it and pick it up when he awoke. Only then did he turn to his friend, bags still under his eyes. NOW he was ready to listen.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/02/2007 7:55 PM

At times Rukaj had come close to falling asleep, but instead forced himself to stay awake incase something went wrong and Darian needed help again. He watched the fellox move about, a hint of a frown upon his face for once. The male was already tired and sick, and yet he forced himself to go about and do work? Ru could have easily done that to let him get more rest.

"Get back down and rest before you get yourself killed." he spoke sternly, standing to his feet with narrow eyes. "You've barely gotten any rest at all! I can take care of things around here." He wouldn't bring up the 'cure' yet, due to the fact that he at least wanted to make sure that Darian wasn't going to black out from fatigue.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1630
Donate

Darian [23]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/04/2007 8:48 AM

Darian looked at his friend, then threw aside his act, and threw himself into Ru's arms, curling into the older Doom Kitty, and shivering - not in fear or cold, but in plain exhaustion and stress.

"What's wrong with me, Ru?" he murmured quietly.

Tears stood in his eyes. He was frightened, yes, but he didn't want to bother Ru with that. Too late, apparently. He drew a deep, slow, shuddering breath, and snuggled deeper into Rukaj's chest, coughing. He didn't like being sick, and didn't WANT to be sick.

"Help..."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/04/2007 6:02 PM

The doom kitty was silent for a moment. His arms wrapped about the other male, his silver eyes closing. He had to close them, for if he didn't tears probably would have escaped them. "It's a heart murmur... I believe I know of a way to fix things, but we're going to have to put in an order for it. Until it gets here I suppose I'll just have to make sure that you don't overwork yourself and you take medication.."

It was hard to tell him such things, and hard to know that he'd have to be the surgen for his own friend. In the world of medicine one was never supposed to get involved in operating on someone that you.. loved. Yes, he could probably easily say that he loved Darian. It didn't matter if it was just love as in the way that you love your friends, or even if he wished to be his life partner. Still, this would make things all the more hard on him.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [24]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/04/2007 9:58 PM

The Bleached Fellox nodded, and sort of slumped against his friend's shoulder. Friend.... Oh how he would like to make him a lover and life-mate. But that would wait until he wasn't quite so ill or so weak. He wanted to be able to actually show him how he felt, and if he tried those sorts of antics right now, he might very well end up stopping his own heart. He remained curled in the embrace, not saying a word, and not even trying to think of anything to say. He was too frightened... too scared of what might happen to him. But more than that... IF anything happened to him, what would happen to Ru? If he died, where would that leave the Doom Kitty? He didn't much care for his own life - but Ru.... Ru was his everything. His heart's desire, and deepest passion. It was his only wish that Rukaj was happy. So... if Darian died.... That would be dashing that wish to the ground. He felt he had to stay alive, to stay healthy. Not for himself, no - but for Ru. His lack of argument was a strong agreement. He'd do as told.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/04/2007 10:05 PM

"Are you... Willing to let me do the operation, Dare? I know that I really shouldn't be the one to do it... but no one else has come to work yet and I wouldn't trust a doctor from another place. I mean, for all I know they may have a record for messing up..." His worry was begining to become rather apparent, and for one that was usually so cheerful he seemed rather different. He couldn't lose him.. Sure, he had a house to go back to and all, but even though he was welcomed there and all he wasn't part of the family. He had pulled away from them all long ago to set off on his own dreams. Well here he was. This would be his time to prove himself. He couldn't let a loved one die under his own knief.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [25] Lvl

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/05/2007 2:56 AM

Darian nodded, and snuggled closer into the Doom Kitty's chest. He closed his eyes, and took in the scent of his best friend, letting it wash over him in a tidal-wave of memories. Good times. Bad times. Times where they cried. Where they laughed. He clung tighter. Butterflies flipped around in his stomach, and he swallowed. He was terrified of surgery... but...

"I wouldn't trust anyone but you, Ru." he murmured quietly.

And it was true. He wouldn't - COULDN'T. Trusting anyone else with his life was an unthinkable act, and not one he wanted to even think about. Ru was the only one he'd let put him under, and perform this dangerous, risky surgery. He trusted him.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/05/2007 8:06 AM

His black and purple bangs had fallen before his eyes some time ago. A small tear slid down his cheek, falling and probably landing on Darian. It meant a lot to him that the fellox would allow him to do the surgery, and yet at the same time he was worried that he'd do something wrong.

"I promise I'll do my best..." he spoke softly, his voice a tad bit shakey. Now they needed to put in an order. Hopefully they could get it in that night and it'd be in as soon as possible.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [26]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/06/2007 12:03 PM

The young Fellox smiled, and yawned a bit. He felt the tear, looking up at Ru curiously.

"Are you crying? Why? I trust you, Rukaj... More than I'd trust anyone else. I know you can do it - you're the best in the business."

He leaned up to give him a smile, but something took him over shortly after he reached eye-level. Darting forward, he kissed Ru full on the mouth, and didn't break the kiss until the Doom Kitty did.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/06/2007 2:37 PM

To be truthful they had been tears of joy. He was thrilled that the fellox trusted him with his life, even though at the same time he felt as though he was unworthy. He felt as though somewhere there had to be a doctor that could take better care of him.

His silver eyes widened, whirling as Darian's lips pressed against his. He hadn't been expecting this turn of events, and he could feel his heart racing almost as badly as Dare's had been earlier. Dizzy... He was getting dizzy. Rukaj slowly pulled back from the kiss after a few moments, his face a vivid shade of red.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [27]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/06/2007 5:28 PM

Dare's was an equally vivid shade. He quickly pulled back, and walked over to sit down on the cot again, clearing his throat in an embarrassed manner.

"Err.... I.... Don't know what came over me, I...."

He suddenly found the tiles on the floor quite interesting, and spent quite a bit of time staring at them. Eventually, he looked back up, hand over his heart, which had started pounding. He had a sheepish grin on his face, and he chuckled a bit.

"Gods. My heart's going ten miles a second... Come feel?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/06/2007 5:46 PM

His heart was still racing, pounding within his chest cavity. There was also the fact that he was still dizzy, feeling as if the room was dancing around him. Still, the words that Darian's heart might be acting up again were enough to make the somewhat older doctor ignore that and rush to his side.

He slid the stethoscope back to his ears before resting the metalic piece against Dare's chest. "Y-You should really try not to get yourself so excited. You need to rest as much as possible."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [28]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/06/2007 6:31 PM

Darian laughed a bit, and sighed. That wasn't exactly what he meant, but regardless... He settled down, though his heartbeat was still incredibly fast. He lifted his eyes again to meet those of the older Doom Kitty. There was something in his eyes that spoke of a feeling deeper than friendship - and he hoped that Ru picked that up. He didn't say a word, just watched his friend's every movement, and did as told. He took slow, deep breaths. But looking at Ru only caused his heart to beat faster - let alone the Doom Kitty actually touching him.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/06/2007 8:19 PM

Rukaj stood up, breaking their stare. He was facing the other way now, a blush across his face. "So when are we going to put an order in for that machine? We need to get that surgery done as soon as possible." He must have seen something with Darian's eyes to cause him to blush.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [29]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/07/2007 12:18 AM

"I suppose that's up to you..." Darian shrugged, and studied the floor again.

To tell the truth, he was absolutely terrified of surgery. But as long as only Ru was wielding the blade, he probably would be able to deal with it without freaking out too bad. On the other hand, if he did end up panicking, he had no doubts that Rukaj would be able to calm him down. Afterall.... they were... best friends. Gods, how he wished they were more... But that wouldn't work, right? He was a Fellox, and the other was a Doom Kitty... WOULD it work? That thought was a sobering one. Unless...... unless the Gods were merciful.... He stood, and moved over to Rukaj, looking into his eyes, and gripping his hands.

"Let's go to the Wishing Well, Ru..."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext