Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Darian [8]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/30/2007 11:33 AM

Darian smiled at his surgeon's enthusiasm, and let his mind - and his eyes - wander over the Doom Kitty for a moment, taking him in and letting his imagination do something it probably shouldn't have. After a moment, he shook his head hard, and looked back to his patient.

"In your current condition, I'd have to agree with you. How's this. You let us do our jobs, and you rest until such a time as we agree you're well enough to go."

He reached over, and lightly rested his hand on the fellox's shoulder. It was enough seeing him in so much pain... but when the pain was mental AS WELL AS physical, there was a chord struck wrong in Darian's mind.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/30/2007 12:39 PM

Rukaj gave a small nod. "Yeah. After all... when I brought you in you almost seemed dead. If I hadn't seen you breathing I would have thought you were dead." Either he hadn't noticed Darian taking a good look at him, or the feline completely ignored it. Either way, he showed no sign of being nervous.

Idzuna flintched at the touch from the other fellox. He didn't belong here... No. He needed to make sure that she made it out alive.. even if she hated him. "It's not safe out there for her... She'll blindly walk into a trap and I can't leave it up to that boy to protect her. He's useless..." In other words, he was refusing their request. "Just unstrap me and I'll be on my way. I'll be fine now that I won't lose any more blood."
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1635
Donate

Darian [9]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/30/2007 11:49 PM

"If there's someone else protecting her, she'll be fine. Don't worry. There's nothing you can do in your state anyway. Just rest, relax, and try to be good so we don't have to inject you with massive amounts of sedative. I don't like doing that, but I will if I have to."

He walked over to a tray while speaking, and picked up an already-filled syringe. Strolled back over, and held it out for inspection, and fitted his fingers into the ready position. He really WOULD go through with that threat. Although he wasn't sure how the other would react, he needed to stay down, and sedatives were one method of making that happen. He turned to Rukaj.

"Would you please bring me an extra pair of gloves, and a bottle of water for our difficult young patient here? Oh yes - and my coffee. I left it sitting somewhere."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/30/2007 11:59 PM

His unhumanly blue eyes narrowed, looking at the syringe within Darian's grasp. "Threatening one that's injured... Kind of low if you ask me." he muttered, eyes moving to bare down upon the other fellox. Rushing himself he'd get no where though, and Idzuna really knew this. He knew that he hadn't the strength to make it back to Wilt'no alive... but he could help it. A feeling deep within him pulled at him, telling him he needed to be there at her side. She had sheltered him for years now... Not knowing of the true beast that lay dormant underneath the skin of a fellox. And now that she knew... everything had turned into dust.

"Coming right up!" Rukaj spoke, letting his lean body slip through the doors once again. the water was simple to find, sitting within a small fridge within a lounge. Gloves? Easy as well, for they were within a cabinet as they were supposed to be. The coffee? Not so easy... He let out a small sigh and pressed his bangs to slide behind his ears. "I'm begining to think that he didn't have any coffee to begin with..." he muttered, leaning against the wall for a moment.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [10]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/01/2007 12:13 AM

It wasn't until after he'd sent the Doom Kitty to fetch the items that he remembered that he didn't HAVE coffee in the first place. Ahh well, Ru could figure it out on his own, he was a smart man.. cat... whatever. HE was kind of in the middle of dealing with a problem patient - the -only- patient, actually. That didn't say any good things for the clinic's future, unfortunately. Darian fingered the gift he had in his pocket to give to Ru. He heaved a sigh, and eyed Idzuna again. He really had no choice at all. Without letting his patient see the needle or syringe, he started putting the two together behind his back with his hands apparently 'clasped' there. It was a common doctor-trick. He then moved over to Idzuna's side, and before the fellox could react, jabbed the needle into the nearest fleshy place, and injected the contents. If in a muscle, it would work immediately. If not, it would be about five minutes for it to take effect. He dropped the entire needle and syringe into a hazards bucket as he passed, and gave his patient a warm smile.

"Sweet dreams. I do apologize about that - but I can't let you leave."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/01/2007 12:18 AM

"Hey Dare! I can't find a coffee cup an-" He had seemingly come in at the wrong time, almost dropping the water and gloves as he saw Darian inject the medication into the fellox. So much for the bottle of water... Had the fellox really put up a hugh fight while he was away or something? Such a puzzling thing to walk in on.

Idzuna began to mutter a few choice swears, but within a matter of seconds his eyes had slid shut and the fellox was completely out of it. It seemed as though Darian had pretty good aim and managed to get the injection to work quickly.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [11]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/01/2007 12:36 AM

Darian leveled his eyes on Rukaj's, and shrugged lightly. It was just something he had to do sometimes. And even Ru had agreed that the boy hadn't been ready to leave and go out there doing gods only knew what.

"He wasn't giving up on getting out of here, and I wasn't going to let him leave. We can sew up and clean out the wounds properly now."

He walked over, and pulled the gloves out of Ru's hands, chuckling.

"It's not the first time you've seen me do that. But I do admit, I was a lot more stealthy about it the last couple times. I was starting to get fed up with this one, though. He wasn't about to cooperate."

He washed his hands, and pulled on the gloves, switching on the bright overhead lightly, and wheeling it over to hover above their patient. He snatched a suture kit, tweezers, and a water-syringe from from the drawers, and moved over a stool to sit on with his foot. He pulled another one over in the same manner to let Rukaj at him as well. Seating himself on the stool, he position the light over the worst wound in the chest. Then, he started to snip the impromptu stitches that had been shoddily done while the patient was awake. This time, he could TAKE his time, and do a far better job. He discarded the used thread, and opened the new suture packet, threading the needle, and setting it aside. Then, he took the tweezers, and started removing debris he didn't catch the first time. It made him ashamed of his own work, but he was fixing that now. After he'd finished that, and flushed out the wound thoroughly with the syringe and some saline solution, he started stitching again - this time in neat, even stitches that did a good job of pulling both muscle and skin together. This was what he was actually CAPABLE of - not the shoddy stitching from before. He pulled back after he was finished, and motioned to the completed stitching. Looked up at Rukaj.

"Well.... Did I do ok this time?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/01/2007 12:43 AM

Rukaj had washed up as well before taking a seat next to Darian, watching his movements carefully. He did seemed to do a way better job now that he wasn't rushing himself. The wounds was very clean, meaning that it'd be able to heal better and wouldn't need to be opened and cleaned again. He looked at the man next to him and gave a soft smile and a nod. "Perfect. Next time try to take your time before hand. If it means that we have to knock him out to get it done, we can do that before sewing the patient up the first time." Trail and error. that was how one would learn. This had been a great chance to learn things.

Just because he was asleep didn't mean that Ida felt no pain. Saline tended to burn, making it a rather uncomfortable rest for him. He let out small growl in his sleep, but never awoke to attack anyone.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [12]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/01/2007 12:59 AM

Darian nodded a bit, smiled, and stroked back some of Ida's hair before he stood, and started to wheel the gurney into one of the recovery rooms. He'd be out for a few hours, and Darian could use those hours much better in another place. He walked back, and let his eyes rest gazing into Ru's.

"Ru.. can we go somewhere? I've been in here for most of today, and all of yesterday - not even been home.... Would you like to.. I dunno... go catch a movie or something?"

He jammed his hands in his pockets, and fiddled with the gift inside them.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/01/2007 1:05 AM

While Darian had been putting Idzuna to rest in the recovery room Rukaj had worked on getting all of the bloody rags and what not into the proper trash. One had to make sure that the clinic stayed nice and clean so those that came didn't get worse.

He turned to look at the fellox upon hearing his request and a smile spread across his face, just like always. "Sounds like a good idea to me, Dare. You really do need to get out for a bit. Being in this stuffy place for days on end can really get to you." He himself had only been there a few hours at the most and felt as though they needed some time away while their patient rested.

Sleep... That's what he was supposed to be doing. In truth he was, but at the same time Idzuna was practically having flashbacks to days before ever being stuck in the body of a fellox. The time when his powers were strong and whole armies fell at his feet. It had all gone wrong with the killing of just one woman though... Figures... That same woman was the whole reason he was stuck in that bed now.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [13]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/01/2007 1:46 AM

The young doctor nodded, and sighed, leaning back against the wall, and letting his arms hang loose. He LOOKED exhausted. The whole 'I haven't been home at all' thing had not been a lie. He looked like he should probably be lying down somewhere, not going on a date. Really, it wouldn't be at all surprising if he completely and totally collapsed there and then. But he still had things to do. He fished in his pocket, and drew out the gift he'd made.

"I thought you might like this, so..."

He held it out. It was a necklace, with a strange red vial as the pendant.
He rubbed the back of his neck a bit nervously.

"It's my blood in that vial. I dunno. I just thought you'd like it."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/01/2007 8:11 AM

A small hint of pink slid across his face, looking at the gift in Darian's hand. His own blood... Why would he draw his own blood just to make a gift for Rukaj. "T-Thanks Darian." he managed to voice out, the blush never going away the whole time.

Taking the necklace, he slid it on so that the threading resting right under the collar that was fastened about his neck as sort of a chocker. "You really didn't have to do this.."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [14]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/01/2007 1:06 PM

"Sure I did." he said with a chuckle. "You're my best friend in the whole world, and..."

He stopped himself before he could get any further. It wasn't the time to be asking someone out. He would wait for that. Right now, he had to get the subject off of work... AND - unfortunately - off of that area.

"So.... do you like it? They mixed my blood with some sort of liquidy pearl stuff to make it shine. I thought it was pretty.. but I don't know what exactly YOU think of it..."

He sighed, and closed his eyes with his head down. Yawned.

"I wouldn't be offending you if I asked you to take a nap with me, would I? We only have one cot, and I hate being in there alone."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/01/2007 9:01 PM

"You've been working yourself too hard. If it means that you'll finally get some rest I believe I wouldn't mind taking a little cat nap as well." His pale hand slid over Darian's forehead, checking to make sure that he didn't have a really high fevor. "Keep working yourself so hard and you're going to get sick.."

His hand slid down to the male's chin, tilting it up a bit so that their eyes were level once again. Ru's silver eyes were so soft... gentle. He didn't need a smile to express his feelings, for the sparkle within those silver pools seemed to tell enough. "And of course I love the gift. It means that no matter how far away we truely are... you are in essence right here with me." His free hand rested on the vial that hung beneath the collar around his neck.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Darian [15]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/01/2007 9:19 PM

Darian sighed in pleasure as he felt the Doom Kitty's hand against his cheek, then against his forehead. That was nice and cold... He DID have a fever, and a pretty high one. It was probably nearing 101 or so. He really SHOULD be lying down and taking an easy. And if it was with Ru, all the better. His eyes half-lidded, and he yawned again, motioning his head towards the cot without saying a word. It was big enough to fit two people, but it was the only bed of any sort that they had. Which was a shame. It meant that Darian didn't get a lot of rest. He was actually starting to make himself very sick in that manner. Part of him cringed when his head was tilted up, and part of him enjoyed that. However, it was the words that put the beginnings of tears into his eyes.

"Ru.... That's... about the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me, as silly and unoriginal as it sounds, I..."

He broke off, and shook his head. No need to be getting sugary and sentimental while he was nearly dead on his feet.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext