Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

So You Want A Party? (open to anyone)

Postby Thunder » 06/11/2009 10:56 PM

ImageImage
Semmic and Typhoon (anthro)

"Why are we doing this again?" Semmic sighed, running his fingers through his red-and-blue highlighted hair. Somehow, Typhoon had successfully taken over a small club for the day (by charming the owner of the club and asking him to temporarily lend it to her) and was now busily rearranging things.

"Cause I'm bored to death!" Typhoon cried, carrying a chair out of a closet and placing it at a table. "I swear, nothing happens in that dinky little pen thing we live in. Everyone's so...bland!" She headed back to get another chair. "So I'm having this party, and I'm letting anyone come in if they wanna!" Semmic rolled his eyes and started to put out some refreshments. He should really be with Terrik or Motoi. Or someone else aside from this crazy girl. He didn't really want to help out with the party when Typhoon asked him, but hey, he wasn't about to disappoint a lady. At least he had his electric guitar wit him...that would kill the time.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: So You Want A Party? (open to anyone)

Postby Freezair » 06/11/2009 11:12 PM

ImageImage
Kendall, in human form~~~~~Memory, in normal form

Kendall sighed. Where was the boss when you needed him?

Prvate parties like this, he observed, usually ended up two ways. Either they were nice, quiet affairs where everyone knew everybody else and had a rollicking good time and came up and good-naturedly offered him martinis (which he declined, being On The Job), or they were noisy, donnybrooks-of-an-affair where Mr. Who found out that Ms. So-And-So was here, but Ms. Somebody had promised him that she wouldn't be there, and nobody was coherent after more than one tequila, and he ended up having to throw everybody out.

His eyes kept flickering to the door. The two party animals who had commandiered the club tonight were puttering around inside, rearranging the furniture (The Boss wasn't going to like that, no) and generally looking overexcited. To make matters worse, one of the critters he knew from the farm was here--young Memory--and she was sticking her nose into all their affairs and generally being a fussbudget.

Gonna be a long night, he grumbled to himself.

[16, 1]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/12/2009 1:15 PM

Almost immediately, Typhoon noticed Kendall and Memory. She quickly put down the chair she was holding and danced over to them, her face lighting up. She motioned to Semmic to join her, and sighing, the Riopath walked over.

"Hi there!" Typhoon chirped, dragging Semmic closer to the group. "I'm Typhoon, and this is Semmic. We're holding a party here tonight, and it's gonna be great!"

"We didn't even finish setting up yet," Semmic reminded the Paragon. "Ya can't have a party if you're not done with the setup."

"Oh yeah, that's right! Do you think you could lend us a hand with the food and chairs, um...um..." It was then that Typhoon realized she hadn't asked their names. "Er, what are you guys called?" Semmic shook his head in exasperation. Shouldn't that be the first question you ask a stranger? he thought, casting a glance at Typhoon.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/12/2009 7:51 PM

"I'm not hired to move furniture," Kendall said grouchily. His lips twitched in thought. "I'm here to bounce. And the boss didn't say he'd be paying me extra."

Over in the seats, Memory shot him a disappointed look. But she lounged on the red leather of the booth, and she made no great move to stand up either. "...Do I have to? I don't have [i]thumbs!" But she slithered out of the seat on her belly, slumping against the floor.

She stood up with a shake. "Fine, fine. I'll... move something or other. The name's Memory." Swishing her tails, she went over and sat boredly by a chair. She made no movement to do anything with it.

Kendall gave them his same grouchy look. "I'm just the bouncer," he said. "Ken, if you must."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/12/2009 11:08 PM

"Oh, a bouncer?" Typhoon said. "That's ok, we probably need one of those too!" Her gaze then went to Melody, who had slumped into one of the chairs. "You don't have to move stuff around if you don't wanna. You can just be a guest!"

Oh yeah? Semmic complained in his mind. Then can I be a guest too? Whatever. He had already agreed to help Typhoon manage the party, and he wasn't about to go back on his word. He grabbed some bottles of fruit punch and orange soda along with a few glasses. "Do you two want anything to drink?" he asked Ken and Melody, holding up the sodas.

"Oooh, get me something too," Typhoon added in. "I'm kinda thirsty from doing all this work." Semmic nodded and poured her some fruit punch, which she happily gulped down.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/12/2009 11:17 PM

"Only if it's nonalcoholic," Ken said, eyeing the punch warily. "I'm not allowed to drink on the job. Wouldn't even if I was."

Memory gave him a good glare. "He's just being a stick-in-the-mud, like he usually is," she grumped. "Sure. Some punch sounds good to me. What kind is it? Just--put it in a little cup or something and I'll sip it. Thanks. Err--what do you want me to do with this chair?"

Kendall turned his back to the door, rocking on his feet. "--Be careful with strange drinks," he warned. "Young women have gotten into trouble that way."

[18, 3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/12/2009 11:29 PM

"There's no alcohol in this," Semmic assured Ken, holding out the drink to him. "We're going to put out some beer for people who want it, but trust me, there's no alcohol in the fruit punch." He rolled his eyes upon hearing the comment about "young women getting into trouble" and poured out some more punch for Melody.

"Oh, hopefully we won't have to worry about that," Typhoon chirped to Ken. "Besides, I bet nothing like that would happen with you as our bouncer!" She passed by a table with a flower arrangement, and she randomly decided to rearrange the flowers. "Oh, and Melody, you can set that chair by the bar. I think we have enough at the tables."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/12/2009 11:33 PM

"Memory," she sternly corrected. "As in the things you've got flyin' around in your head. Not a sing-song."

Kendall warily accepted the punch, his big, thick fingers enveloping the small cup. He sniffed it warily--he knew most of the better drugs were scentless, but he figured checking couldn't hurt. Taste was more reliable. He dipped his finger in the cup and licked it.

"...Tropical," he said anticlimatically. He pulled back the entire glass in a single swig.

Memory hooked one of her legs around the chair and dragged it toward the table, hopping alongside it in a three-legged fashion. "I don't get how some people do stuff like fix machines like this."

[19, 4]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/13/2009 1:17 PM

(Fff somehow I kept on thinking it was Melody xD' Sorry about that.)

"Oh, sorry!" Typhoon apologized. "Memory, not Melody...Memory, not Melody..." She muttered the phrase quietly to herself so she would be sure not to make that error again. Semmic poured out some soda for himself, drinking it quietly. So far, no one else had noticed the party. And without people, you couldn't have a party.

"Shouldn't we put some big sign at the entrance that says, 'Hey, this is a party, come in'?" he asked, looking around for some paper. "No one else has arrived..."

"Oooh, that's a good idea," Typhoon said. "I'll get to it right away!" She ran back into the closet and rummaged around. Later, she emerged with a chalkboard and some multi-colored chalk. "Here we go!" She set the chalkboard down on a table and sat, wondering what to write on it. After a few seconds, she grabbed a pink piece of chalk and started writing.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/13/2009 2:46 PM

((It happens. At least I had an in-character way to correct you. XD))

"Ehh, it's OK." Memory sighed. "I've been correctin' people before. It happens." She climbed up the chair she'd just placed, nestling herself up against the table.

Kendall overheard them discussing invitations.

"...Wait. You didn't actually invite people? You just started a party and hoped someone would stumble in?"

"Eh, stumblin' in ain't so bad," Memory shrugged. "I tend to stumble in to most things. Stumblin' out, now THAT'S what you gotta watch out for."

Kendall shuffled away from the door, clandestinely dipping his cup back into the punch bowl. "I guess I'm needed more than I knew; not much different from a regular day, then," he sighed.

[20, 5]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/14/2009 12:30 PM

Typhoon nodded. "Yeah, I was really bored, so I wanted a party. But I don't know too many people yet." She set down the chalk, having finished her message. The board was now covered with different colors of chalk, and the message read (in large letters), "Party inside! We have beer, music, and food!" She picked up the sign and showed it to Semmic.

"...music?" he asked, pointing to the sign. "You mean you want me to play my guitar? Um...sure, I guess." When it came to performing for an audience, Semmic didn't really mind. Maybe he could help promote their band, Hi-Litez. That would be of some benefit to him. So far, he had been doing stuff for Typhoon and didn't get anything out of it. Typhoon skipped out to the entrance and placed the board by the door.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/14/2009 1:10 PM

Kendall flicked his eyes at the quickly-made sign, sighing. Even if he was no party animal himself, he knew a thing or two about those that he bounced--and that was that pulling in guests generally didn't work that way.

"Perhaps if you send someone out to spread the news," he said. "But I wouldn't mention the beer. You'll have people showing up just to get drunk, and those generally aren't the kind of people you want to have around and still keep the party friendly."

"NOT ASKING FOR YOU ADVICE," Memory shouted out from the inside.

"Trying to keep you safe," he mutely responded. "My job."

[21, 6]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 06/14/2009 4:48 PM

((Saw your ad - I'll join if it's alright ^__^))

ImageImage
***Nuray Danica ~ Posts: 6 ~ Level: 2***
(Human Form)

Just then, a young girl wandered by the club.  She was humming the tune of Don't Trust Me by 3OH!3, and dancing to it no less.  She was quite a sight.  Her hair was a bright purple, and she wore blue bracelets with matching sandals and hairpin.  Her shirt had music patterns scattered on it, showing her clear love of music.  She looked like a real party girl, though she wasn't one of those extremes.

As she threw her head up in mid-dance, she spotted the sign.  With an interested "Hmmm~" she paused and proceeded to read it aloud.  "Beer?  Eh...and - Oh!  Music!  That I can do~" she giggled, her blue eyes shining with delight.  Music was her life - she couldn't live without it!  

She walked up to the door and poked her head inside.  She scanned the room.  It didn't seem like much of a party.  No music, only a few people, and...it didn't even look like it was fully set up yet!  Why, this wasn't right!  Maybe she should spring in and help out.

She walked in and smiled, placing her hands on her hips.  "Well this party seems ... busy." she joked with sarcasm.  "Would you like some help?"

{7}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby Freezair » 06/14/2009 5:11 PM

Kendall bustled himself in front of the door.

"Hold up," he said, putting his hand out. He tried to put on his best imposing scowl, and he shifted his body in such a way that his revealing fluffy yellow tail was backed up against the wall.

"Bouncer," he identified himself. "I have to make sure you aren't carrying any illegal weapons, drugs, or alchohol into this establishment, by provision of the owner and current renters."

"Sheesh, who invited the buzzkill?" Memory sniped from indoors. Of course, she wasn't buzzing much--she had taken up residence on one of the couches pressed against the wall, and her tails were lazily swinging to the sound of some music being piped in from somewhere. She wondered when the one who called himself Semmic was going to start playing music.

"I'm here to make sure they don't get invited!" he shouted back in.

[22, 7]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/15/2009 10:49 AM

(Should we have a posting order?)

Typhoon pondered Kendall's advice about removing "beer" from the sign, but before she could go do that, a purple-haired girl walked into the bar. She jumped up and down in excitement, clearly happy that another person had finally come.

"Oh, hey there!" she called, waving her arms around in the air. "Sure, you can come in and hel-" Before she finished her statement, Semmic grabbed her arms firmly. Typhoon squirmed around, trying to wriggle out of his grip. "H-hey! What's that for?" Semmic sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Let Ken do his job," he said. "He's right; we have to be careful about drugs and weapons and stuff like that." Typhoon pouted, and Semmic allowed her to put her arms down. He looked up at Ken and Nuray. "Sorry, she's really eager to get this thing going..."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Next