If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Chaotic Fun (on the beach! 8D) [CLOSED]

Postby Mojave » 10/18/2007 11:12 AM

Image Image Image
Kazibantu, Adhonis, Clockwork

The three beasts emerged from an alleyway, the metal adorning their bodies glimmering in their respective hues. The leader, black with golden tiger stripes and a necklace with a white heron feather around it's neck led the way. "So we're here." It's voice was flat and sounded neither male nor female. Closer inspection would reveal it was not slim like a fem nor muscular as a male, and if examined medically, you wouldn't find anything gender specific. Behind it, a male followed closely. He was more humanoid than animalistic. He stood on two feet, dressed like a human, and was as weak as a human. He coughed a little, but didn't say anything if anything was troubling him. The third, solid black with a strange gold pattern smattered across her body, kept to the rear. Beneath her skin, a whirring noise was constantly being made, and her bloodshot eyes never blinked, even as she stepped into the full sunlight. "Yes. So we are." "So now what do we do?" The male asked, holding his head in his hand as his eyes adjusted to the sudden brilliance. "Let's go." The first said, quite simply as she had no idea. She just new the three of them needed to spend some time alone. They were the only Khimeras in the family, and they had never done anything together. A catastrophe in the making.

K: 1
A: 1
C: 1
(will add to post counts later)
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Mojave » 10/19/2007 8:59 AM

On their trek, Kazi came across a small gathering of hermit crabs munching on a fallen banana. She stopped in her traks to investigate, tails swaying behind her and ears flattened agaisnt her skull. Adhonis passed her, and strode to the very edge of the waterline. He looked serenely out toward the horizon, silent, the wind blowing his garments and hair in every direction. His own tails came to rest upon the ground on either side of him. Behind them all, Clockwork sat in the shadows, watching her "family". She didn't know how to respond to either of them, her past was too painful to allow her to move on. To accept them. To let them accept her.

K: 2
A: 2
C: 2
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 10/22/2007 5:52 PM

Finally, when it's examination of the crabs was done, Kazi raised it's head and examined it's two siblings. As usual, they were all "doing their own thing", and this was the reason it had suggested they all go to beach.

"Why the beach?" Adhonis suddenly asked, turning to his more feline companion.

Clockwork's ears swiveled forward and she sat up straighter to hear. She was curious too as to why they- creatures like them- would come to a beach. Why not somewhere more comfortable, like Basantha?

Kazi flicked it's tails about in agitation. It hated being questioned, especially when it was doing just that. "Because we needed to come somewhere. And I thought this would be the least populated place. What with hunters roaming in Basantha, and who knows what else going on elsewhere." It flattened it's ears, a sign that it was not in the mood to be challenged.

Adhonis shrugged and went to sit by Clockwork. She, unnerved, stood and relocated deeper into the shadow. "You know, I suspect this is why Kazi brought us here. Because we don't socialize." "So?" came the terse reply from the female. The two looked at eachother, non plussed by being pushed together like this, and not too thrilled to be dragged from the comfort of their home.

K: 3
A: 3
C: 3
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 10/28/2007 10:54 PM

Kazi's ear flicked at hearing it's name. It whirled to face it's siblings, but upon opening it's mouth, something happened to it. It's blood, normally a balance between pink and purple, changed to all purple, and it's tails lashed about more violently with the change. "What did you say about me?" it snarled.

Adhonis, completely taken aback, looked at Kazibantu like it had lost it's mind. "I simply told Clockwork that because we don't get along, you brought us out here."

"And...where is here?" It's voice changed again to a softer tone, almost pleading as it's blood changed from purple to pink.

"What is wrong with it?" Clockwork whispered. It had never seen something like this and didn't know what to do.

"I have..." Kazi shook it's head and it's blood changed back to the pink and purple mixture. "I'm sorry. Yes. I brought us out here so we could talk and bond. We are the sole khimeras of Zein Duat and we need to bond. There is a war going on around us, what if we get swept into it? Would you rather we all perish because we care nothing for eachother?"

"Well... no." Adhonis admitted. "But.. this is hardly the place. Why couldn't we have stayed home?"

Clockwork growled, "Why should I? Neither of you has given me reason to trust you."

Kazi and Adhonis looked at her, "We have to give you a reason? Why?" Kazi asked, it's head tilted and lips lifted in a confused growl.

Adhonis shook his head. "I forgot. You don't trust easily. But I still don't know why either."

"I have been hurt too many times in the past." The only confession they were going to get out of her, if Clockwork had anything to say about it.

K: 4
A: 4
C: 4
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/08/2007 6:28 PM

"Fine. Let's go home." Kazi growled. Adhonis and Clockwork looked at it quizzically, and then at eachother. "Why the sudden change in mind?" Adhonis asked, confused. "Because this clearly isn't going to work." Kazi hissed back. Clockwork stood silently and without a goodbye, left the other two where they were. Adhonis left next, also wordlessly. Kazi, still snarling at it's failure, left last, and soon passed it's siblings on the way back home.

{5} for all. They've all left.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate