If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Re: A Haunting Mystery [P, Moofius]

Postby GrayGriffin » 01/06/2010 9:44 PM

"What? Oh, this...it's...it's just the sand..." muttered Sherlock, trying to break away from Avani's gaze. "There's nothing wrong with me at all..."

"Yeah! He's definitely not a Baskerville or any other such demon!" added Watson. Sherlock froze, although he knew she wouldn't understand. He tried to step away, but the red aura followed him. "No..." he muttered, grabbing at his head, as a red aura began to surround his entire body.

"No! NO! NO!" He lifted his head and howled, a demonic howl that spread through the air.

[31, 31]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/18/2010 4:30 PM

Clenching her teeth Avani backed away, retreating back up the rocks of the shoreline and away from the "good" detective.
"Now you insult my intelligence, Mr. Holmes..." her voice sounded... less then friendly, the hint of a growl in her voice. When the glowing spread Avani turned and jumped, her clothes and human form shedding and being replaced by a purple lucain with white wingblades. The lucains' ears were back and her fur was on end as she made a quick getaway. She didn't trust this, or him. This was a big secret to keep and to try and continue to keep it with such a blatant lie? Her trust in his professionalism was shot and whatever personal trust she may have formed with him was gone.

When she'd scrabbled her way onto the road she turned back to face the ocean and the two below her.
"When you're prepared to explain yourself and your deceitful ways," she barked, nose wrinkled and teeth bared, "then we can talk!"

(( Sorry this took so long~ >D< I found this sorta' hard to reply too. D8> ))
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 01/19/2010 1:46 AM

Sherlock glanced up at her, his human form finally falling away, revealing himself to be a Baskerville.

"See?" he roared. "This is what I am! This is my face! THIS IS WHAT I HIDE!" His head lowered as he stared at her. "I'm sorry, Avani. But they always run! I wouldn't hide if I didn't have to! I wouldn't!"

"We have to erase her memory now, right?" asked Watson, slowly.

[32, 32]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/21/2010 8:03 PM

Terror shot throw her and she bared her fangs, a clear white clear against her dark fur.
"If you continue to make a big deal about it!" She snapped, "I would have preferred a warning because I DON'T care!" she growled, her whole body stiff.
"When you've calmed down come find me! I don't care what you are because it's not WHO you are, IDIOT!"

Then she turned tail and ran, letting her instinct take over. What he was was evil and wrong. He screamed bad news but the person who he was... Was different. Maybe, he could have been lying, right? He could have been toying with her, right?
Well then he could have also gotten her just then, on the rocks. He hadn't though...

Her thoughts blurred as did her feet and she only stopped when she'd reached the other end of town, tired and thirsty.
"... Should have kept my own cool..." Avani muttered rubbing her face with her paws, "But then he shouldn't have just thrown that at me without warning... Jerk."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 01/31/2010 5:22 AM

"No! Avani!" yowled Sherlock, dashing after her. Watson clung to his ears, chattering in them something about turning back. But he couldn't hear, he had to stop her, he couldn't let her tell them all...

"Why are you here?"

A small shape shot forwards, intercepting the two. Bandages wrapped around the Baskerville's muzzle and front, lifting him off the ground.

"Leave me alone! Why must you ruin everything?" he roared.

"Avani! Avani! HELP!" screamed Watson. He looked around desperately. She must have run fast, faster than they could think. He swatted frantically at the Bandol's nose, and it winced. Sherlock concentrated, and a red aura seeped through, burning at the dolphin-creature. Watson looked nervous, but finally took to the sky.

Soaring as fast as he could, over the town, he thought he saw her.

"Avani! Avani!" he squeaked.

[33, 33, 6]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 02/02/2010 7:12 PM

(( Who roared? The bandol? ?x?;; ))

Avani sat, tails twitching angrily. Why would he hide that from her? She was use to weird creatures, ghosts and such, that's why she'd been invited along for this in the first place. Was he planning to hurt her in some way? Maybe he really just didn't trust her to take it well. Well you can't hide it and then spring it on somebody! The fact that he should lie while the inevitable happened was an insult to her intelligence and her ability to detect these things.

Thinking angrily to herself she barely heard the strange sounds from above her, at least until the slight wind calmed and the small, easily ignored sound became something she recognised.
"Watson? Ugh, if Mr. Holmes wants to apologize he can come find me himself." Her voice was a growl.
"So yah, you can go tell him that. Ugh!"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/02/2010 8:06 PM

[OOC: "What's that, boy? Timmy fell down a well?" And yes, it was the Bandol.]

"No! He's in trouble! The Bandol attacked him!" squeaked Watson. He realized she couldn't understand, and landed near her, trying desperately to reenact the scene. Finally, he started scribbling in the dirt. A four-legged shape, with a bandaged blob near it, and little "rawr" sound effects.

He wasn't a very good artist.

Sherlock growled, trying to fight off the Bandol's wrappings. However, each time he tore some off, more wrapped around him in other places.

"I never hurt her! I'd never hurt her!"

[34, 34, 7]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 02/13/2010 2:31 AM

Avani ignored Watson while he squeaked, the wind picking up a little which made it easier. Yah, send Watson to apologize; the only one in the group that spoke a completely different language and she, the only one in the group who couldn't understand him. For a detective Sherlock was not the brightest bulb.
The wind was enough that she didn't notice the drakel landing until he was right next to her, causing her to jump.
"Still? Just get him to... What are you doing?" Avani's voice turned from a growl to more curious. He seemed... panicked as he danced about in front of her and waved his arms about in the air.
“Is something wrong?” she asked finally, head cocked to the side to show a mix of curiosity and confusion as she tried to puzzle out the strange dance. That’s when Watson moved to drawings.

Simple and far from being a masterpiece she understood that four legs was the new Mr. Holmes. The blob took her a little while longer but the “rawr” was enough to make her worried. Had something bad happened? Was something bad happening?
“Ah...!” without hesitation she grabbed the small, white rodent by the scruff and started at a dead run back to where she’d just come from. She managed to muffle out a sorry for her passenger who she held gently, but firmly in her jaws.

She wondered absently if they would be too late to do anything. Avani also wondered what they could and or would do once they got there. What was going on, anyway? What could possibly attack Sherlock that he couldn’t handle? Especially being what he was.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/02/2010 2:18 AM

(Late reply is laaaaaaaaate. D: So sorry.)

Sherlock wrestled furiously with the Bandol, trying desparately to make it release him. "What's your problem? And what do you mean, you didn't hurt her?" he demanded, his teeth closing on empty air once more, as the dolphin darted away. Even though he could easily harm ethereal creatures with his natural weapons, the Bandol was way too swift...

"You came to punish me, right? Punish me for her death! But I loved her! I'd never do anything that could hurt her..."

"Hurry!" squeaked Watson, trying not to let his fear show through. Avani wouldn't eat him, he knew, but if she bit too hard on accident...

[35, 35, 8]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/06/2010 8:15 PM

(( This isn’t TOTALLY LATE, NOPE! << >> <<;;; ))

People turned to stare as the lucain streaked by, furry, chittering white fur ball in her mouth. She’d never been a mom but Avani did have the instinct, somewhere deep down which kept her from biting too hard.

She came back to the place she’d left Sherlock only to see him trying to fight off the bandol. She only caught an ethereal “hurt her” as she arrived, making her fur bristle as she wondered who and what they were talking about. Was the bandol threatening her? Somebody else?
... Maybe the fisherman’s daughter? Had he hurt her? Was that a confession? She couldn’t jump to conclusions.

She set Sherlock’s partner down next to her, bristling.
“HEY! Just... Cut it out!” Avani snapped, fur bristling. Well what was she suppose to say, she didn’t even know what was really going on.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/26/2010 9:33 AM

Arion turned, and his eyes gleamed once more. Some of the bandages loosened from Sherlock's body, and started moving towards Avani and Watson.

"Leave me alone...stop hunting me!" he snarled. "He sent them, again and again...but I made them go away! They didn't need to die...you don't either...but I can make you die nonetheless..."

"He's scary!" whimpered Watson, pressing closer to Avani. "But he's..sad...as well."

"Sad?" snarled Sherlock. "Are you mad, Watson?"

[36, 36, 9]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/26/2010 9:31 PM

Avani sighed, sitting down firmly before turning her head and setting Watson down behind herself. She was well aware of the bandages stretching out towards her, but she’d dealt with enough violent spirits. Panicking would get her nowhere and only put her and Sherlock in danger.
“I’m not going to hurt you,” her voice was calm but with a slight, nervous wavering, “Not because I can’t win, or anything like that. You seem to be very aware of what you are and what you’re capable of. I’m not going to attack or hurt you because that’s not my goal, long term OR short term.”

Her tails twitched nervously as the bandages approached but she kept still, only giving them a side glance before returning her attention to the bandol. It gave her the creeps, as it was meant to do. A strange sort of hum came off it, leaving a metallic taste in her mouth. There wasn’t any blood in her mouth but that’s what it tasted like.
“We’re detectives, of sorts. We just want to know what happened here. We want the truth. If I have to I’ll hurt you to keep myself safe, but I’m not hunting anyone.”

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/27/2010 6:48 AM

The Bandol paused, the bandages drooping, then dropping to the ground and retracting. Those surrounding Sherlock also loosened, allowing the Baskerville to drop lightly to the ground. He stood upright, shifting slowly back into human form in order to rub at the bruises on his neck and chest.

"My name is Arion," said the Bandol softly. "And I loved Lorisa. Loved her with all my heart. I would never...never...ever...hurt her. I wouldn't have been able to bring myself to do it." Small tears were now gathering in the dolphin's eyes, but the bandages around his face quickly rose to wipe them away.

"She loved me too, but her father did not approve at all. So we eloped. I knew a Seawinder...he helped trick him." A small hint of pride and happiness crept into his voice, but quickly died away. "But...one night, while we were travelling together...it came out of nowhere..." The sound of his voice was getting quieter and quieter, as the memory stirred up old pains.

"What happened?" asked Sherlock, trying his best to be gentle.

"The harpoon...it stabbed right through her...and I fled! I fled, scared for my own life! And when I returned, she was gone...I couldn't even find her body, and give her the burial she deserved!" A loud wail came from his chest, but he caught himself.

"So since then, I returned to this place...it has memories of her, and that's all I have now."

[37, 37, 10]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/07/2010 3:41 AM

Avani listened intently, giving Sherlock a good, hearty glare. She knew many reasons for it, not one in particular stood out. She wouldn’t be glaring if he’d ended up dead, but the bandol had let him go and so she was free to hate him as much, or as little as she wanted.

But now was not the time and Avani’s attention turned to the bandol who gave her the chills. She wondered how anyone could love a bandol... But again it was not the time for such thoughts. She listened to his story, to his side and view of the events. A girl not stolen, but eloping. Hot a murder by a bandol but... by a harpoon?

Her attention turned further down the beach, where smaller, almost stick figures of men readied boats for fishing. How many boats here, in this sea fairing town, had harpoons? How many boats, even, passed through this port for supplies or what have you? How could they prove the bandol was telling the truth, much less who did the killing?
“If we needed to, to help solve this mystery, could you take us to where it happened? We want to find out who did this, who took Lorisa from those who loved her, it may help. I’m not sure if we would have to... But if we needed to, could you do that?”

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous