If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Re: A Haunting Mystery [P, Moofius]

Postby Moofius » 11/24/2009 2:30 AM

"That's true. Hmm... Well I guess we'll actually have to speak with the bandol in question or... something," The girl frowned thoughtfully to herself, "But wouldn't we be risking losing our own souls to the bandol? I mean... If the legends are true..."
They were stories but she'd proven enough "stories" and "legends" true to be cautious, you know.
"I can only reall speak with spirits, I can't save us if something goes wro-!!!" She paused, her voice catching when she heard the howl in the fog. Avani wasn't sure if they could hear the unearthly tone the voice carried. It was otherworldly; like nothing she'd ever experienced. Every hair on the back of her neck, arms and legs, stood on end as she turned her attention to where the shore would be. The shore was hidden by the fog so whatever was out there was a mystery to her.
"... Oh man... That's... Not a normal animal," she said, teeth chattering as she rubbed her arms, more from fear then the actual cold, "It's all wrong, can you hear it?"
The felling, the unnatural tone, was an almost tangible thing. It clung to her skin.
"Lets get to the hotel for now. We're not really prepared to investigate... are we?"
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/24/2009 2:40 AM

Sherlock nodded. He wanted to go see what was going on right away, but Watson was shivering on his shoulder, and even he felt a bit of nervousness. That sound...whatever made it wasn't friendly to anything at all. Not even a fellow supernatural creature.

"Gogogogogogo!" squealed Watson, practically screaming in his companion's ear now.

"Yes, let's go," agreed Sherlock, trying to keep calm, despite the urgent tone that was now creeping into his voice as well. He continued, a bit quickly, down the path to the hotel.

He blinked. He felt...something strong, again. Had they heard his call? But he cried for her every night, now, and the locals had dismissed it as a natural occurance. Oh, how wrong they were...how wrong...

[9, 9, 4]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/24/2009 3:13 AM

Avani lead the way down the street and then up another block or two, away from the water. When the shore was muffled by the buildings and the added ammount of fog between herself and the shore; she felt safer.
"The... The hotel is just uh..." She looked right, then left, "Up Victoria Avenue... Oh, here.." She pointed to the barely visible sign; the fog was thicker now and the night deeper.
"It's just down this street... I've never been more excited to get into my bed, hahaha..." Avani's laugh was soft but clearly nervous.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/24/2009 4:46 AM

"Good," said Sherlock. "I admit, I feel a little tired as well. That sound is creepy, but it seems to have a calming effect nonetheless." As if to prove this point, Watson, on his shoulder, closed his eyes slowly and stumbled, falling into his friend's arms. Sherlock caught him.

"I see you fall for the charms more easily," he chuckled to the Drakel.

And now...he was tired. The Bandol slid into the sea once more, sadly remembering his love, yet happy in knowing that he could let her legacy live on. Let the superstitious believe what they would. He knew the truth, and that was that.

[10, 10, 5]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/25/2009 12:34 AM

"It's not tired," Avani said, shaking her head, "It's... safety. The sound wasn't... safe. Oh thank Yepha," she gasped for both the fact that the hotel was just infront of them and that the sound, the almost song, had ended. She was grateful for that.
"Has that sound being going on for awhile, I wonder? We'll have to ask around, I think. Er, tomorrow, of course."

The outside of the hotel was of an old style. Dark wood trim and dark green paint gave it a cozy, almost foresty charm. The doors were mostly glass which showed a green, slightly lighter coloured lobby. Cozy orange lights made the scene inviting. Avani opened the door for her two male compaitriots, leaving room for them to enter.
"Do either of you have any ability to sense ghosts? Maybe that's why I reacted differently?"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/25/2009 2:00 AM

Sherlock shrugged. "I think I may have some ability in that area. I do seem more sensitive to disturbances..." In truth, he was fully capable of seeing spirits, being a partly supernatural creature himself. However, that was a part of himself he didn't like to advertise.

"Watson's never shown any ability," he added, stepping through the door. "But he does get nervous during disturbances. I'm not sure if he's sensing ghosts or simply reacting to my actions."

[11, 11][Arion's pulled out for now]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/27/2009 4:11 AM

"Could you just ask him?" She asked as she followed him inside the hotel. The front desk was occupied by a kuchi nagi, his armor gone and replaced with a suit; he looked sleepy.
"I already have my key but I think you still need to pick up your room key, right? It should be under your name." She said, approaching the desk, the kuchi nagi forcing himself awake.
"Evenin' folks." He smiled, dipping his hat, "Awufully late fer a stroll, don'tcha' think? S'not safe at these hours."
"Why do you say that?"
"Didn' hear it? That's real lucky you know. Most people hear a howlin' 'bout this time."

(( He's NPC, you're welcome to control him.))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/29/2009 8:49 PM

Sherlock nodded. "I see. Has anything happened because of it?"

The Kuchi Nagi paused. "I hear that one hausewife heard the howlin', an' she fell and brok' 'er leg. Cour', coul' have been just fear. But jus' in case, most of aus don'like to go out at this time."

"I need my key. Under the name Sherlock Holmes," added Sherlock.

"Ah, her'. Ah had it reddy," replied the receptionist, handing it over. Sherlock nodded his thanks, Watson still curled up on his shoulder, snoring.

[12, 12]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/29/2009 9:20 PM

Could the howling really cause harm? Avani hadn't felt safe when she'd heard it; she'd even felt frightened. But fear alone could cause harm, emotional, mental and physical given the right circumstances.
"Well thanfully we're alright." Avani laughed, "Though I can understand why you wouldn't want to be out when the howling starts. Does it happen at the same time?"
The man nodded, "Aie, 'bout the same tyme ever'night. But ye best be getting sleep, the 'owlin' don't start 'til late, late ah night," He looked to the man with the drakel, "Yer rooms on the secon' floor, 'cross from 'ers."
He nodded his head towards Avani and smiled before yawning.

"Thank you for the information." she smiled and started towards the stairs; no elevators in this old building.
"Hmmm... If anything bad happens to us... Do you think that howling could cause harm? It's probably just a panick thing... I mean... Nothing has happened to us, right?"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/30/2009 1:37 AM

Holmes shook his head. "It sounds like more of a psychological effect than anything. But even if it is frightening, I'm surprised the locals haven't grown more used to it."

He paused for a moment, patting Watson on the head a bit absentmindedly. "I think it may...change? Sound a bit different each time? If it's the same each time, it would probably blend into the background. So it's likely that it's a living creature."

[13, 13]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/30/2009 2:39 AM

"I don't think it could not be an animal." Avani said as the started up the stairs. They were cramped with high ceilings and old photos of the town back in the day when everyone was fishermen.
"But I don't think it was a... regular animal? I don't know it was... It felt all wrong." Avani turned around to face Sherlock when she'd reached the platform.
"It was weird... We'll talk about it tomorrow I guess. This is my room."
She was standing infront of a dark wood door. A silver 7 was screwed onto the door.
"I guess I'll see you two in the morning then?"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/30/2009 3:13 AM

"I'm not sure," admitted Holmes. "It was dark, after all. Sometimes nocturnal nervousness can distort the feeling behind a sound. But then again, I myself am comfortable with darkness, so it might be something more. Anyways, I'll see you in the morning."

He took a look at his room number. 13. How...appropiate.

[14, 14]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/30/2009 1:06 PM

"Perhaps. I'm also rather use to the night but... In a town I don't know well it is possible it was fear." Avani shrugged, still looking thoughtful before smiling to Mr. Holmes, "We'll have to check it out tomorrow night. For now though, good night and I'll see you in the morning."

She slipped into her room, shutting the door firly and locking it. She'd already unpacked her things, her pajamas laid out on the bed, ready for her. A quick change of clothes later and she was climbing into the double bed. Today had been long, what with the travel and speaking with that old, angry man. She would be upset too if she'd lost a daughter but that hadn't made the experience any less draining. With all of that plus that strange, nerve wracking howl it didn't take her long to get to sleep.

(( pfft, not a very helpful post. xPx; Next post will be morning then, I guess. XD <3333 ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/30/2009 10:30 PM

Sherlock nodded at Avani, before retreating to his room as well. Too tired to actually change, he simply shifted into his Baskerville form, curling up on the bed after laying Watson on the pillow. His sleep was peaceful, uninterrupted by dreams.

"Good sleep? Wakeupwakeupwakeup!" Watson squealed in his air. He yawned and stretched, stretching back into his human form. After a quick brushing of his hair, he opened the door, with Watson on his shoulder, and looked out. Walking down the hallway, he arrived at Avani's door, and paused. Was she still asleep? No matter, he thought, he'd knock anyways.

[15, 15]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 11/30/2009 11:56 PM

She was on a boat. A dingy, actually. She was just sitting in it, rocking side to side. The waves lapped calmly and rhythmically at the boat. What was she doing here? Land was nowhere to be found; the whole scene was a monocromatic grey colour it seemed as the fog hung heavy and thick around her.
"Hello?" Her voice was stopped by the fog and she frowned. The fog was so dense she couldn't call for help things seemed bad and the strange call from the depths of the fog and her mind. She shivered and fearfully watched the waves become violent.

She gripped the seat of her boat and tried to stay above water but the waves were getting worse and there was no sign it would stop. With a crash and a yell the boat tipped over...

...And Avani woke up on the floor of her bed, tangled in the sheets. There was a soft, hazy light just jumping into her window. Untangling herself from the sheets Avani decided, looking herself over at the cold sweat that covered her, that taking a shower would be a good idea.

The shower warmed her and made her feel so much better after that nightmare. Stepping out of the bathroom she heard the knock at her door and jumped a little; some remnants of her fear were still lurking though, clearly.
"Mr. Holmes? I've just gotten out of the shower. I should be down stairs in a few, if you don't mind waiting for me." Avani called to who she, at least assumed, was Sherlock Holmes on the other side of her door.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext