If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Postby Icy Rose » 12/04/2009 7:26 PM

Aruaan loved his daughter, of course he did! He even loved his grandchild he has never even met before. Kossia told him about their son apparently having a few groups of pups, as their human "owner" of The Mansion had said. So, he already loved them. How can you not love your own blood? That is just . . . inhuman, if you ask me. Well, unless you had a very good reason. Aruaan didn't though. He had no 'falling out' with his family. He has never even talked to his son before, why did he seem so loving towards them?

"Do you not have a mate? Obviously you had to have had one to have your children. Has she passed on or something?" Aruaan snorted. No, Kossia has not died. "Heh.. No, she has not died. Have you ever heard of a female named Kossia? You probaly don't know her. She was my former mate. I loved," He stressed out the word. Yes, he did love Kossia. But that was a long time ago. "her, but no more." He sighed. He didn't really want to take about this much. Maybe he was not over it, yet?

"I've never had a mate myself, I can't seem to find the right person who understands what it is like to be like me. To have a rough life and have to get by as best as I can . . . I just can't find the right bo-," He stopped right in the middle of the sentence. Aruaan raised his brow, and tilted his head. He gave a questioning look for a moment, though he pushed that away. "Oh well . . . I'm sorry?" He said awkwardly, not sure what to say.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

find me on the discord if you wanna chat!
Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 558
Donate

Re: → with the flow (Becca)

Postby Becca » 12/06/2009 3:54 AM

"No I haven't heard of her..." he said. Guilt flooded through Zata like a tsunami. He shouldn't be hiding his secret from Aruaan... It was creepy and he knew it. He was obviously not like Zata and he had children. He wouldn't want to change his ways to had children with Zatatirial... He took a deep breath and began..

"Look....There is something I need to tell you...." he said, then paused. He took another deep breath then went on. "I....I'm not like you... I'm different... The reason my brother's tease me is...I'm gay..." There... He had said it. No sense in stopping now. Now that he had said it he might as well go all out. "And I didn't bring you here just to apologize for bumping into you. I wanted to learn more about you and to see if you were like me, because... Well you're beautiful..." He blushed and looked resolutely down at his plate. "I wanted to get to know you and see if you liked men as I do...but then I learned about Kossia...and..."

He had to stop.. The embarrassment was just too much...

Summon the djinni with your mystic pentacle,
he appears in guises most fanciful.
Tread with caution of his deceitful ways,
lest this be your last of days.
Give him his charge and send him on his way,
before his tricks lead you into disarray...

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 477
Donate

10 - posts recorded

Postby Icy Rose » 12/06/2009 7:24 PM

"No I haven't heard of her..." Aruaan nodded. He expected that. Not many animals knew Kossia, really. And he didn't really care if people knew her or not. The less people knew her, better for him. He didn't have to protect her any more then he already did . . . secretly. Awkwardness creeping up his neck right then. He wrapped his tail around his paws, looking down for the moment. The only thing that caused him to look up was when Zatatirial started to talk again.

"Look....There is something I need to tell you...." Aruaan tilted his head, and kept quiet. "I....I'm not like you... I'm different... The reason my brother's tease me is...I'm gay..." Aruaan flicked his ear. Gay? He never thought about that. Aruaan kept a straight face. "And I didn't bring you here just to apologize for bumping into you. I wanted to learn more about you and to see if you were like me, because... Well you're beautiful..." Oh, he felt so flattered! "I wanted to get to know you and see if you liked men as I do...but then I learned about Kossia...and...  Kossia? What did Kossia have to do with anything? . . . Oh, wait, Zata was attracted to him?

. . . Wow.

"If it makes you feel any better . . . I'm, um, bicurious? He shrugged.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 12/07/2009 12:42 PM

Zata felt like he'd been hit with a brick. Did Aruaan just say that he was....bicurious...? There was still a small hope for Zata? And he wasn't running away either. That was a good sign. He hoped that he wouldn't do anything to mess up that slim chance. He looked up a little and gazed at Aru through his long and slightly girly lashes. "You...you aren't creeped out? Even thought I just told you that I'm gay and that I like you?" he said, almost too quietly to hear.

He had to play his cards very carefully. If he came on too strong he would have no chance whatsoever of maybe getting to know Aruaan in a more than friendly way. He shuffled his feet and blushed. Knowing that Aruaan was bicurious did make him feel better. It lessened the embarassment and it gave Zata that slight hope that he might have a chance...

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 12/09/2009 8:15 PM

Aruaan felt very . . . awkward at that moment. Confused, even. His head was yelling at him insanely, but he couldn't understand what words were coming from it. All he could hear was his own voice yelling and screaming. He didn't really know what to say right now. He wasn't very, how to put it . . ., romantic. He never really was. Not even with Kossia. This wasn't exactly fun for him. "You...you aren't creeped out? Even thought I just told you that I'm gay and that I like you?" Aruaan sighed. "Not exactly," he mused silently, absently talking to himself. Darn, won't this be fun?

Aruaan was too nervous to say anything. He wasn't really sure what to say, to tell the truth. He wasn't in these kind of situations, usually. Almost never. This was practically abnormal to him. He looked around the restaurant. This wasn't weird at all. No, not it was not. He told himself this many, many times. Trying to get his head away from this.

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 12/18/2009 12:45 PM

((Agg... Sorry about the wait, been busy getting the house set up for Christmas. ^^;; Short post. ))

Zata felt rather relieved that Aruaan wasn't creeped out by him. It lifted a lot of nervousness off of his chest and he felt that he could act more like himself now. "I'm glad... Most people find it weird and it's nice to find someone who doesn't," he said, settling him a little more comfortably into his seat. He noticed that Aru looked a bit awkward and decided to change tracks.

"So what is your family like?" he asked. "You said a bit about them before but I'd like to know more, if you don't mind me asking." He looked around for the waitor who had taken his order and his stomach growled. He hadn't eaten since last night and was rather peckish.

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icy Rose » 12/29/2009 10:19 PM

No, this lucain did not really care that Zata was gay. It is not like he has never met someone with the same preferences as Zatatirial. "I'm glad... Most people find it weird and it's nice to find someone who doesn't." Aruaan nodded. He didn't blame the poor guy. People really must bother him about it if he says this, Aruaan might as well be one of a few people who don't give. He decided to try and act a little better from now on, because he could see that Zata was happy that he didn't mind his preferences.

"So what is your family like? You said a bit about them before but I'd like to know more, if you don't mind me asking." Aruaan seemed to relax just a little more. Good, they were getting off topic. He tried to figure out how to start. "Well . . . I have three children. I only know one of them, though," He started off, sighing after it. "We all call her Key. I don't know why, and it's not her real name but she prefers that." He paused, trying to see where he should start off. "She . . . enjoys my company, to say the least," He kept it short. "That ... is really, all the family I have ..." He ended on a sorrow note, and even sounded a little sorrow the same. "Anyway, anything you'd like to share about yours?" Aruaan didn't completely expect him to share, but . . . he asked anyway.

[ooc:// i am sorry, i didn't want to make you wait this long D: I'll start posting quick again~]

zoo pen

documents

journal

thread tracker

Icy Rose
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 01/04/2010 12:47 PM

((Issokay Icy. X3 Don't worry about it.))

Zata nodded at Aruaan's question. He didn't usually share family information with others but he felt comfortable in sharing now. He settled himself a little more comfortably into his seat and ran throught the list of his family in his head.

"Well I have two brothers, Ishido and Linkin. Linkin is the meaner of the two, and Ishi is deaf and mute so he doesn't really say things, but he can project images and feelings into people's minds. I have a half brother named Ravish, but I've only seen him once. My mother, Kakkazan is off somewhere, I'm not really sure where... She hasn't been the same since the thing with dad... And my father, Ulfgang is in Lambastia I think... I have some other family but I don't know them very well... I think the one person who isn't completely crazy is my grandmother... Grandma Hallow is kinda the moderater for all the lucain where I live and she helps keep things a bit calmer..." Zata became aware that he had begun rambling and ceased his speech, blushing a little.

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous