If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Seaside Date; Rave Night [Continuing in separate threads]

Postby SpringsSong » 12/03/2009 6:42 PM

Where is he...?

This thought racked Aila’s mind as she looked around, trying to place where Ekal was.  She was nervous that he would maybe chicken out from this date, which had gone from being her with Deraj, him with Laire, and Yesac with An’ama to Laire with Deraj, her with Ekal, and An’ama with Yesac.  As she paced back and forth within the square of Jawan that she had said that everyone would meet in, her blue eyes nervous as she wrapped her pink sash around her bare arms, brightly contrasting the dark purple and black dress she was wearing.  Her brownish-blond hair was tied back in a bun with a few stray curls on the side of her face.

“Where is he...?” she asked, pacing around some more, a small scowl forming on her face as she looked around.  She knew that Deraj, Laire, Yesac, and An’ama would be heading to the rave that Laire had told them about, and she and Ekal were going to be doing other things.

That is, once Ekal showed up.

“Excuse me, madam, but are you looking for someone?”

Ekal asked this in a slightly teasing voice as he walked up to Aila, his black hair newly trimmed and his black-and-red suit gleaming slightly.  Around his neck were the chains that had been there ever since Aila had cursed him, but now, they were merely there—and he was unable to remove them.  However, he was able to disguise it as a charm of some sort.  He held out his hand for her to take, which she did, smiling as she stood up on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek, blushing slightly as she returned to a normal standing position, blushing deeply as she tucked her hair behind her ear, her eyes lowered.

“You’re late.”

“So, not even getting a kiss from you allows you to overlook the fact that I got lost on the way here?” he asked, smiling as he bent down lower, kissing her gently as he ran his hand through her hair, but then, he stepped away from her as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“No.  You don’t get excused.” Aila said, laughing as she hugged him.  “Oh, it’s so nice to be with you again, Ekal.”

“It is indeed, Aila.” Ekal said.  “I thought we’d never get to do this again.”

[1.1][1.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: Seaside Date; Rave Night [P]

Postby SpringsSong » 12/03/2009 6:48 PM

Lairelithoniel, on the other hand, was heading towards a bar, her eyes bright as she looked around, trying to spot her cousin’s darling mate.  Well, she knew that she would not find Nyera there—Nyera took Aila and Ciren, and that was it.  Aila, however... well, it looked like she would have to share Ekal with her cousin now, if she knew Aila.  Besides... Aila knew Ekal better than anyone in that group that had just been at Basantha.

I wonder where Deraj could be... maybe he’s scared that I’ll live up to my nickname of “Firehead” and decided to wait a little while, in case I was mad. Laire thought, tapping her foot as she ran a hand through her black, pink, and orange hair, drawing in a deep breath as she leaned against the brick wall of the club, the black jacket she was wearing falling back to reveal her bright pink shirt and black jeans.  If there was one thing that could be said of her, it was she could turn heads and catch eyes without even trying.

“Aila and Ekal are probably already on a romantic seaside date by now.” Laire mused to herself.  “And to think that she doesn’t mind that this guy already broke her heart once...”

“Talking to ourselves, are we, Laire?” he asked, shaking his head as he walked around the corner, in a hoodie and jeans, which was unusual for him, considering he almost always wore suits.  His hoodie had a stylized silver design on it, and you could see faint hints of a dark blue shirt underneath the black hoodie.  Laire offered a lilting laugh as she brought herself to a standing position, walking over to Deraj with a serious look on her face.

“It’s good to see you out an’ about, Deraj—considering you’re not with Aila right now.” Laire said, smiling as she offered her hand out to him, which he took and shook politely.  Deraj offered a smile, but then, it became a frown.

“I’m... kinda worried about Aila, actually.” Deraj said.  “She... she seems very much so taken by Ekal now that he has returned.  Sometimes I wonder if she will remain mine.”

“You shouldn’t worry too much about her, Deraj.” Laire said.  “She... she can take care of herself now, and besides—she’s never really gotten over life without Ekal.  I think that’s why she cursed him; so that she could get him back, for she cursed the chains to choke him when trying to snag any femme but her.”

“A thousand curses more upon him if he breaks her heart again.” Deraj said firmly, shaking his head.  “I spent ages trying to tell her that personal vendettas would get her nowhere, and then, Ekal comes back and practically sweeps her off of her feet...”

“Deraj.  Seriously.  Did you not hear what I just said?  She’s never gotten over life without him.” Laire said, shaking her head.  “Now, where are An’ama and Yesac...?”

[1.1][1.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/03/2009 6:53 PM

Around the corner, moving to the beat of the music that was going in her ears, An’ama came, humming along with the upbeat jazz tune that was playing on the mp3 player that Yesac had just given her literally just an hour beforehand.  He had sent her on head of him to the club to meet with Laire and Deraj, while he was going to spend a little longer getting ready.

It’s not everyday I go to a rave, Yesac had said.  I have to really work on my appearance.  After what happened last time...

An’ama shook her head as she laughed, thinking about what it must have been like, having to ferry a soul to the “other side”, as they all called it.  If they called it by any other name, they could come and go to it as they pleased—which, for certain people, was dangerous.

“Hey, hey.  Do I spy my fellow rave-goers?” An’ama said as she spotted Laire and Deraj, smiling as she walked up to them.  She turned off her mp3 player and stashed the headphones, dipping her head to the other two.  “Lairelithoniel, Deraj.  It is an honor to meet with you again.”

An’ama knew that Deraj was not necessarily on willing speaking terms with her still, but she could hope that he would at least be willing to talk to her.  She ran a hand through her green hair—for it was indeed rather green—and let her own black jacket hang open to reveal a bright green shirt with an intricate orange design on it.

Yesac smiled as he rounded the corner, having seen the other three’s life-auras long before he heard An’ama’s voice.  As he rounded the corner, he made sure to approach An’ama from behind, smiling as he placed his arms around her, giving her a tight hug before she turned around, having given a cry of shock from being grabbed from behind.

“Hello, beautiful~” Yesac said, giving An’ama a kiss on the cheek, a bright smile on his face.  “Are we ready for this little party?”

Yesac had forsaken the stereotypical God of Death attire for jeans and a blue-and-orange shirt.  There was absolutely no indication that he was either a Grim or a God of Death; his skin was far too dark for the stereotypical God of Death—they were portrayed as pale as ghosts.

“We are indeed ready.” An’ama said, a smile pulling at her lips as she gave Yesac a playful punch on the shoulder.  “And you just about gave me a heart attack, mister.  Not cool.”

“A thousand apologies, An’ama.  I guess people still are not used to... well, a God of Death having affections towards one that is a mortal?”

“Can we just go and party now?” An’ama asked, laughing.

[1.1][1.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/03/2009 6:58 PM

Aila smiled brightly as she looked around, a thoughtful look on her face as she looked around, trying to find any ideas as to what she and Ekal could do first while the other four were at the rave.  Just by knowing that it was a rave, she knew that they had till goodness-knew-when the next morning to do whatever they wanted to.  A thoughtful look came upon her face as she spotted a few different things—restaurants, theaters, and ferries.  She glanced over at Ekal, who seemed to know what she was on to.

“It’s a little early for dinner, don’t you think?” he asked, chuckling as he shook his head.  “Why don’t we check out the theater?  There’s no telling who might be performing there today.  I’ve heard that there could be an orchestra there, or a jazz band...”

“What are we waiting for, then?” Aila asked, laughing as she took his hand.  “Let’s go!”

The two set off towards the theater hand-in-hand, occasionally glancing back at the other and offering small smiles.  Aila couldn’t help but smile inwardly as she thought: Just like the old days... back when there was no one between us.  She was soon shaken from her thoughts as she heard the ticket-seller ask how many tickets were being purchased.

“What shows are going on here?” Ekal asked, and the ticket-seller stated that the Lambastia Symphony Orchestra was there on an international tour.  Ekal glanced down at Aila, who smiled and nodded.  Ekal looked back up at the ticket-seller after looking at the prices.

“Two adults for the three o’clock concert, then.” Ekal said.  The clerk raised her eyebrow when Ekal said “two adults”, but a sharp glare from Aila cautioned her to remain quiet.  After printing the tickets, she wished them a marvelous time listening to one of the best orchestras, and the two walked into the concert hall.

“Ekal...” Aila began, her voice serious.  “It has been five years since your eighteenth birthday, yet you do not look a day older than when you turned eighteen.  Do you know why, by chance?” she asked.

“Deraj seems to think I might possibly be one of the Pantheon.  Not a member of the High Pantheon, but just of the Pantheon.  He suspects me to have powers over either darkness or fire.” Ekal said, not even thinking about why Aila had asked about why he did not look any older than he did when he turned eighteen.

“...he thinks you might be... one of us?” Aila asked, her voice filled with shock.  Her eyes widened as she thought about what that would mean; if Ekal was a Re’klettan God, then...

“Aila?”

Ekal asked this as he laid a hand on Aila’s shoulder, trying to see what it was she was thinking.  As was typical with her, whenever he tried to see into her mind, she made it perfectly blank—or else, she threw up a wall that would not allow him to see her thoughts.  He could only imagine what it was she was thinking, but it was probably along the lines of being shocked about that news—shock coupled with surprise.

“Er... right.  Let us go, shall we?” she said, approaching the door to the concert hall.  Ekal opened it, a small smile on his face as he allowed her to walk in first.  He placed his arm around her waist, and was surprised when she did not glance at him in a convicting manner.

[1.2][1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/03/2009 7:01 PM

Lairelithoniel smiled as she took Deraj’s hand, but couldn’t help but notice that he seemed a bit conflicted about something.  She rolled her eyes as she shook her head, leaning over to whisper into his ear.

“Aila will be fine, okay?  Besides—maybe this is for the best.  Ekal knows her like no one else does.  There’s a reason she entrusted him with the key to her heart—she knew that, one day, he would return to her and restore her heart.  She often talked to me about waiting eagerly for that day, hardly being able to contain her excitement about getting to see him again.  She just didn’t know that you would enter the picture before that.”

“That’s what worries me.” Deraj said.  “As soon as he walked in, I saw the look of complete and total rapture on her face—the look of total and complete puppy-love.  She never looks at me like that—only Nyera.  It breaks my heart so see her give such devotion to Nyera and not me... and it pains me even more that she gives more affection to the man who broke her heart than me.”

“Deraj—for the love of Zu’hai, shut it.  You should be glad she still considers you her mate after your little explosion in Basantha.  Just think—had you harmed Ekal more than you actually had, would Aila even want to be associated with you?  The key to her heart only works if she gives the person that holds it her complete and total trust.  She’s trusted Ekal with more than she’s entrusted even me with.” Laire said, her voice stern.  “So either accept that she will be the one Re’klettan Goddess with three mates or split with her.”

“I cannot split with her, yet I do not want to accept that I might have to share her with him.” Deraj said firmly as he walked into the bar, where the DJs were preparing the music for the party.  He walked over to the bar, a small smile on his face as he placed an order for a drink.  The bartender gave him a look that just screamed, yeah, right, you’re 21 and I’m Yepha’s son, but a single glare from Deraj silenced him.  He fixed the drink without any questions, and Laire walked over to him, her eyes concerned.

“You know, Aila might not trust you with all of her life, but she would be disheartened if she knew that you do not trust the man she has been in love with for ages.  And I am not blind; he has not aged a day since he turned 18, which was when all of you stopped aging.  I, however, know that I am no Re’klettan Goddess, High Pantheon or otherwise.  He is one of you, but I am not.  There is no way that I can be with one of you, because I will continue to age until I am an old woman and eventually die.  There is no guarantee that I will be chosen as a successor for any God or Goddess, as I’m... just a bit of a wild child.”

“Are you saying that you refuse to take Ekal as your mate?” Deraj asked.

“Oh, heavens no!  He’s too handsome for Aila to have all to herself.  I’ll still take him, but Aila will have him forever, while I will eventually perish.”

Laire took Deraj’s drink and took a long drink from it, smiling as she placed it back in front of him.  The drink was rather strong, which did not surprise her any.

“That’s why I say party all you can now~”

[1.2][1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/03/2009 7:05 PM

An’ama smiled as she followed after Laire and Deraj, her eyes bright as she walked in, giving the bartender a small nod as she sat down beside Laire, looking at the drink in curiosity.

“What... what is that?” she asked.

“That’s just a simple cocktail, An’ama.” Yesac said.  “It’s a beverage that the mortals of this realm drink.  And, I must admit, it rivals some of the beverages that the High Pantheon is treated to back in Re’klet.”

“Well, I know nothing of Re’klet.  Aila managed to stop me from finding out about it.” An’ama said, shrugging slightly as she looked from Deraj to Laire and back to Yesac.  “She… threw up some mental wall against me finding out about the realm that she is a Goddess in.”

“That sounds like something Aila would do.” Yesac said, nodding contemplatively.  “She has complete mastery of telepathy, and she can block out anyone who she does not want in there.  So far, I think myself, you, and Deraj have been shut out from her mental realm.  She’s never once shut out Nyera or Ekal.”

“Isn’t it unwise to mention her clear favor of Ekal around Deraj?” An’ama asked, a frown on her face.  “After all, it seems like he is a little… sad that she seems to favor Ekal more than him.”

“He needs to learn that, as a Re’klettan God or Goddess, one is entitled to whomever they wish to be with.  If Aila wishes to be with Ekal as well as him and Nyera, he will just have to learn to deal with it.  And if he can’t, well… he has his options: either accept it, or split with Aila.  He loves Aila too much to split with her, so he’ll just have to accept it.” Yesac said, shaking his head.  “I mean, I was after Aila at one point—”

“I remember that,” An’ama said.  “She was… most adamant about never even looking at you.”

“Aye.  But, I accepted that she was more onto Deraj and Nyera and would never turn to me.  So… I just kind of accepted that.” Yesac said, giving a small nod as he thought about something.  After a few moments, he turned to An’ama and asked, “Can you sense what Aila is doing now?”

“Nay.  She’s not even letting Ekal into her mental stronghold right now.  Obviously, something is going incredibly right for her right now, but she does not quite believe it.  If I were in her shoes… I think I would side with her.  Things are so unbelievably good right now that it is impossible to determine if it is true or a dream.” An’ama said, giving a small smile.  “I believe one of the Pantheon has been rediscovered, and we just don’t realize it yet.  Ekal ought to look like he is into his twenties, yet he looks no older than Deraj or Aila—or even yourself!”

“Aye, the God of Darkness has returned to us in Ekal’s form.  I could tell as soon as he walked into that Shrine in Basantha that he was one of us—I remembered him from ages ago, and he looked exactly the same as when I departed the school, a year before he turned eighteen.”

[1.2][1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/03/2009 8:24 PM

Aila’s smile was bright as she settled down beside Ekal in the seats of the theater, her eyes gleaming as she rested her head on his shoulder, a small sigh escaping her as she looked at the stage, watching the different musicians tune up their instruments as the concert time drew closer.  As the sounds of an oboe and an English horn reached her ears, she perked up slightly, her eyes bright as she took in the sounds.  Ekal smiled at her reaction, smiling as he ran a hand through her hair.

“Whatever they are playing, it must involve an oboe and English horn thing in it.  That melody sounds slightly familiar.” Ekal said, and Aila laughed slightly, sitting upright and looking at him with intent blue eyes.

“An oboe and English horn thing?    Ekal... not just any oboe and English horn thing.  Listen closer to the melody line.” Aila said, watching as a look of realization crept into Ekal’s face, slow though it was.  At last, his eyes widened as he blinked, stumbling for the title.

“That’s—!”

“Yeah.  Our duet.” Aila said, smiling as she kissed his cheek.  “That duet that we played forever ago... that I re-arranged for full orchestral accompaniment...” she said, her eyes wide with shock as she placed a hand over her mouth, her jaw dropping.  “They’re...!”

“Calm down, Aila.  This is... certainly a surprise, to put it in simple terms.” Ekal said, watching the shocked look on her face that could only be summed up as total surprise.  However, in the back of his mind, he was smiling; he had known that this was going to be happening today, and that they should go there first, because then, they would catch the performance.

“You didn’t plan this, did you?” Aila asked, her voice slightly accusing.

“Absolutely not.  You’re the psychic one, not me.” Ekal said, making sure to keep his face serious, but not too serious.  If he was too serious, then Aila would know he had planned this, but at the same time, if he started to laugh, she would know that he had planned this.  So, he did his best to keep his face straight, looking intently at Aila.

“That may be true,” she said, “but... this just seems too... I’m not sure what to be pure coincidence.  I mean, you know what I mean, right?” she asked, shaking her head as she rested it on his shoulder again.  She glanced up at him, watching his red eyes for any indication of a reaction.

“I most certainly did not plan on this.  I did not even plan on the orchestra being here.” Ekal said, a small smile on his lips.  “Otherwise, I think I would have told you if I had known.  We keep no secrets from each other, right?”

Aila gave a small smile as he spoke one of their many agreements, which had been one of the most important ones to her: we keep no secrets from each other.

“No secrets.” Aila said, nodding as she took his hand.

[1.3][1.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/04/2009 10:49 AM

“Party all you can now, hm?” Deraj said, a small smile coming to his face as he took a rather large drink from the glass, setting it down and wiping off his mouth as he chuckled slightly.  “I suppose that’s why Aila and you are so different. She knows she’ll live for as long as she wants to—we won’t die when we choose our successors; rather, we will continue aging as we were.  So... it could be another five hundred years before her life philosophy changes.  Who knows, she might become a partier later on in life,” he said, shaking his head as he laughed.

“Pfft.  Aila, a partier?  Never.” Lairelithoniel said, shaking her head.  “She will never gain a partying spirit; not now, not ever.” She laughed as she shook her head, placing a hand on her forehead.  “No way she’s going to ever set foot in a rave, much less any other type of party, and you know that.”

“I suppose you’re right.  I mean, you know Aila better than I ever will, I suppose.” Deraj said, laughing as he shook his head, looking around.  It was not yet dark enough to start the party, but already, people were arriving with fog machines and glow sticks.  He could already tell that it was going to be an interesting party with all the glow sticks.  He glanced over at Lairelithoniel, whose eyes were gleaming with mischief.

“Dude—glow sticks, fog machine... we’re just missing the strobe lights now,” she said, her eyes gleaming brightly as she leaned closer to Deraj, a smile on her face as she glanced at his lips, and then back up at his eyes.  Deraj blinked as he noticed this, moving to stand up and back away slightly.

“Laire, please... I know it’s your nature to be a flirt, but I’m your cousin’s mate.  You ought to know better than to be flirting with me—especially since I myself am doubly taken.” Deraj said, shaking his head, but Laire continued to move closer, her fingers walking up his chest as she leaned in closer.

“Come on, Deraj.  For once in your life, forget about Aila and Ariana and just let yourself have a little fun.  I thought that Gods were the life of the party in your realm~?” she asked, smiling as she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, even though it was tantalizingly close to his lips.  She pulled back after a moment, her eyes serious.

“Can you do that for me?”

Deraj blinked as Laire said this.  It was true that the Gods in any realm were seen as the life of the party in their corresponding realms, and yet... he was not as much of a partier as the other gods.  However... she had a point.  This had been scheduled to be a fun time, not for him to wish that Aila was the one that was giving him a gentle kiss that was tantalizing close to his lips.

“I... suppose I can.” Deraj said.

“There is no ‘suppose’ with me, Deraj.  Either you will or you won’t.  What will it be?” she asked, smiling as Deraj nodded.

[1.3][1.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/04/2009 11:17 AM

“I think this is the one thing you all must loathe about being a part of the Pantheon—knowing that your loved one is probably also in love with another.  Am I right, Yesac?” An’ama asked, watching as Deraj gave a placid nod to Lairelithoniel, who was now smiling brightly.  Yesac gave a small nod, sighing.

“Aye, that is one thing that we always have to keep in mind—our loved ones might have other loved ones,” he said.  “Sometimes, it is hard for us to accept that—like how Deraj has a hard time accepting that Aila might just love Ekal as well.”

“Well, he needs to learn to accept it.  If he cannot accept that she loves him, and has loved him for a while, then he should allow her to be with him without interfering.  I have never been more afraid of him than when he began attacking Ekal.”  An’ama said, and Yesac nodded.

“Indeed—I was thinking the same thing.  Aila and Ekal are so clearly in love with each other, and do not even get me started on Aila and Nyera’s little thing they have going.  I can only imagine why Aila went and bought another one of those potions.” Yesac said, shaking his head as he laughed.  “She doesn’t even need it, but... I am certain that she intends it as a gift for Nyera.  After all, the Goddess of Love is notorious for persuading anyone.”

“That is very true...” An’ama said, nodding slowly as she thought.  “It is very much so possible that Nyera has returned, but she has not decided to reveal herself to any of us—including Aila.  Maybe this gift is meant to draw her forth.”

“It could be so,” Yesac said thoughtfully.  “It is always possible that Nyera feels a little hurt by Aila’s sudden devotion to Ekal and is trying to get Aila to recognize that fact.” Yesac said, but he knew that Nyera could care less.  After all, it was in the Goddess of Love’s nature to use her persuasive powers one way or another, regardless of how you looked at it.

“Anyways... would you care to get something to eat?  It’s starting to get a little late, isn’t it?” An’ama asked, leaning on the counter.  Well, it was starting to get a little dark, but “dark” did not always equate to “late”.  The rave started once it was pitch-black outside, and it went until the wee hours of the morning.

“I suppose having a little meal now wouldn’t hurt.  It would certainly help postpone the effects of the drinks that will soon be going around at bargain prices, and trust me when I say that these drinks quickly make you forget all your troubles.” Yesac said, smiling as he flagged down the bartender, ordering a shrimp cocktail with a sly smirk on his face.

[1.3][1.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/05/2009 11:44 AM

Our song... they’re playing our song... Aila thought, her eyes widening as she stared in shock at the stage.  They had not yet started to play, but she could recognize the tune that they were practicing.  She held a hand over her mouth as she drew in a sharp breath, trying her best not to run up to the stage and place herself right in front of the oboist and English horn players, gushing about how she was so glad that her arrangement of this classic duet was being played...

“Aila?”

Ekal said this as he placed his arm around Aila’s shoulder, his red eyes curious as he looked at her.  He could tell that she was still shocked about this whole mess, and he simply loved this.  After all, he had Aila wrapped around his little finger, and she didn’t even realize it.  Here, he reached under his seat and pulled out a double-case, which he’d made sure was there before.  Here, the conductor began to speak.

“It is my understanding that the person who arranged this tune for full orchestra is among us today...”

Here, Aila sat bolt-upright as she turned to face Ekal, who had taken out the oboe and English horn from the case and was holding out the English horn for her to take.  She stared at him in shock, and then, turned her eyes back to the stage, where the principle oboist and the English horn player were now standing and walking towards them in the audience, smiles on their faces.

“Ekal...”

“What can I say?” he asked, “I wanted to surprise you.”

“Mission accomplished...” she said, shaking her head as she laughed.  “Well, I suppose that if the secret is meant to be a surprise, you can keep it from me until the appropriate time.  But... seriously, Ekal, just go and give me a heart attack!” she said, shaking her head as she playfully punched him in the shoulder.  “You’re gonna owe me big for this one.  The fact that their principle and auxiliary oboists are coming into the audience towards us...”

“Aila—you said that you had memorized this, yes?” Ekal asked.

“Just the Fête Villageoise.  Well... and Beneath the Stars.  But the other two?  Forget it.” Aila said, wringing her hands nervously.  Here, Ekal gave her a firm glare that caused her to sit still, her eyes lowered as she tried her best not to hyperventilate.  Here, the principle and auxiliary oboists stood beside where they were sitting and offered a slight bow, and both Ekal and Aila rose.

“Let us go perform this lovely duet, shall we?” he asked, and Aila slowly nodded, as though she were still unsure of this whole situation.  Nevertheless, they walked up to the stage, their heads held high as they approached the stage and shook hands with the conductor, who told them that it was indeed an honor to have them there, especially since both of them performed the duet when it made its debut.

“Let’s see how much of this I remember...” Aila said to herself, looking over the music carefully.  As she fingered her part for the first movement, she nodded slowly; it was all starting to come back to her.

[1.4][1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/05/2009 3:02 PM

Deraj couldn’t help but wonder why he was allowing Laire to do this right now.  After all, she knew that he was taken, but she was still being her normal self—a flirt.  This had to be one of her biggest flaws, but no one could do a single thing about it except for her.  Finally, after several long moments, he pushed her away, a gleam in his eyes.

“Lairelithoniel,” he said, “I think it would be best if you saved your flirting for when the rave starts, yeah? I mean, now is hardly the time, when the rave is just now getting set up.  It will be a while yet before the lights and the mood are right.”

Laire thought for a few moments, a pout forming on her face before the part about saving it all for when the rave started.  This, of course, did actually make a little bit of sense.  If she used up all of her tricks now, then she’d have absolutely nothing left for when the actual party started.  However, she insisted on keeping her pout expression on her face for a few more moments.

“When you say my full name, it makes me think that I’m in trouble.” Laire said, her eyes glistening as though she would start crying, but a small chuckle from Deraj and a hand under her chin convinced her otherwise as he smiled.

“No, you’re not in trouble—I’m just saying that you should wait until the rave starts to pull out the stops on your flirting, you know?  When the party’s started is a far more appropriate time for all the flirting.  I mean, aside from the DJs and the people bringing in the fog machines, we’re the only ones here.”

“True...”

Laire said this as though she knew she was defeated in this battle.  However, she wasn’t going to take defeat so easily next time.  No... next time, she’d make sure that she won this argument.  It wasn’t that Laire wanted to win every argument she got into—just the one with rather attractive men involved.

I will get him one of these days... Laire thought to herself.  I will get him away from Aila long enough... and I will convince him that he can have fun with someone other than Aila and Ariana.  Even if I have to tie him down... I will get him one of these days.

Deraj couldn’t help but notice the rather contemplative look on her face, and wonder what it was that she was thinking.  However, after a few moments, the smell of the shrimp cocktail that Yesac and An’ama were splitting had reached him, and he realized that he was rather hungry.

“How about a little snack, Laire?” he asked, sitting back down as he faced her.  Her thoughts were instantly rattled, he could tell, for they widened at the break of the silence in between them.  After a few moments, she nodded as she sat down beside him, cursing the fact that the barstools could not be moved closer together.

“I would love a quick bite to eat—I was starting to get rather hungry.” Laire said, her voice overly sweet as she said that.

[1.4][1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/05/2009 4:42 PM

“Oh, I believe it,” An’ama said as she laughed, taking one of the shrimp and dipping it into the sauce.  It was a tomato sauce, and it was rather rich.  “Judging from the fact that Laire definitely took some of Deraj's drink and is acting like she has the hots for him, even though she knows he’s taken—by her cousin, nonetheless.”

“Something that should prove rather interesting, now that she’s decided that she’s going to be a part of our group.” Yesac said, closing his yellow eyes thoughtfully as he popped a shrimp into his mouth.  There were certainly some unsettling things that had come to his attention, one of which was the fact that he was trying to remember who had picked successors and who had not yet done so.

“What’s wrong, Yesac?  You look troubled.” An’ama said quietly, placing a hand on his shoulder.  “It’s not like you to suddenly stop talking and look like a stone statue.  It’s something to do with your Pantheon, isn’t it?” she asked, glancing from him to Deraj and Lairelithoniel.  Here, she looked back at Yesac, who slowly opened his yellow eyes, which seemed to have a rather eerie glow to them.

“Those that hold sway over fire, air, ice, earth, light, and the sun have not yet chosen successors.  It is highly likely that Lairelithoniel could get favor from either the God of Fire or the God of the Sun.  Both of them have... rather flamboyant personalities.” Yesac finally said, keeping his voice low so that Lairelithoniel could not hear him.  His eyes were filled with concern as he thought for another few moments.

“I do not need her as part of the Pantheon, whether High or just the Pantheon.  She is far more flamboyant than the Gods of Fire or the Sun.  She also could not pass as the Goddess of Light, but... you never know.  There could be a possibility.”

“We need to remove that possibility.” An’ama said.  “I cannot see her as being a part of the Pantheon either, which is something she would doubtless want to take up if she were to ever offered the chance to—which we need to prevent.”

“Aye, we need to prevent that...” Yesac said thoughtfully, tapping his chin with his finger.  “She shall have to go through my realm fist, and discover its name—we dare not tell people, for they do not keep their words when they are just told.  No—we make them work for it, and then, they know that they have to keep it a secret.”

“Really?  That is most curious—no wonder Aila would not tell me anything about your realm aside from that it is the underworld of Re’klet.” An’ama said, slowly nodding after a moment.  “So how is it for you, having to ferry souls into this other realm?”

“It gets boring after a while.” Yesac said bluntly.  “When you have to do that every day until you pick a successor, it... gets old fast.” He said, shaking his head as he looked around.  There would not be much more time before the rave would begin, and then, things would get rather... interesting, to say the least.

“I’m beginning to wonder if we should have gone with Ekal and Aila...” An’ama said slowly, looking around nervously as Yesac nodded.

[1.4][1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate