If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Re: { -- just wandering [OPEN]

Postby Thunder » 02/06/2010 3:11 PM

"It's not like there's anything else to talk about on the way there, and I like a good story. Tell me about it."

Hyacinth didn't know what to say in reply. She was so nervous about being found out...yet this girl didn't really seem to have bad intentions. But if she told Tabby that she was secretly royalty, would she believe her? It seemed like the girl would just scoff.

But at any rate, she had gotten herself trapped into telling the truth. That would be her only option now. How to put this...? Or perhaps she could tell half of the story, and leave out the royalty part as best as she could. Yes, that would work.

"Well...where I came from...we have lots of different gods," she explained. "My family legend is that one time, one of our ancestors helped the god of light, and to show my ancestor his thanks, the god marked my ancestor and his whole family with golden eyes, as a sign that we received the god's blessing." She laughed nervously. "Would you believe that?"

(Sorry for being slow x_X)

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby Adelie » 02/08/2010 3:26 PM

((It's okay. <3  It's my fault this got slow, anyways.))

Tabby shrugged.  "Hey, I believe most things," she said.  "I mean, Evelon's a bit of a weird place itself, with the Purine and Imperial war earlier and all of those demigods running around blessing people.  Then there's all those people who think they're lost gods or something who randomly get shoved into the world from some mysterious portal or other.  There's one of those in my class, though I think he's really just delusional."  Goodness, she was getting off-track in her conversations again, wasn't she?  It was probably because she hadn't had a good conversation for who knows how long--always too busy, always had too much on her plate and her classes were full of those weird types who couldn't seem to string together a sentence involving nouns and verbs.  And Bri was refusing to call her.  At all.

"Say," she said.  "You said something about where you come from?  Where's that?"  It was just a curious question, because the conversation didn't seem to go anywhere if she didn't prod it and she did want to have an interesting conversation.  As well, she couldn't help but get a tad bit interested--a tad?  Who was she kidding?
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby Thunder » 02/08/2010 10:47 PM

Demigods blessing people in a war? Well, Hyacinth certainly hadn't been around for that long. She wondered what the gods of this world were like? And there were other gods from other worlds? That made her feel a bit better about her identity. Maybe she could trust this girl. Eventually, she would have to reveal who she really was. Perhaps over a plate of food at the restaurant would be a good setting.

As for where she came from? "Oh...I was from an island off the coast of a large continent called Searokor, which was named after our god of righteousness." She didn't mention that the island happened to be the kingdom that she was supposed to rule; she decided that telling the tale in bits and pieces would be most comfortable for her.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 02/09/2010 4:17 PM

"Searokor?"  She'd never heard of the place, possibly because she refused to pay attention in history.  It was just a bunch of wars and people killing each other, anyways, and the past was the past--why should she bother to care about it?  In any case she turned the blame partially to her lame teacher, who always said that they were going to do more geography quizzes but failed to produce a single one.  After Northern Lambastia she'd stopped studying because there really was no point in studying when there wasn't going to be a quiz on it.  "Never heard of the place, to be honest.  Where's it at?  Near Barakka or Lambastia?"

The god of righteousness part she chose to ignore: religious freedom was pretty common these days and people could worship whatever as they pleased--there were even monotheists these days, for one!  Personally she was a skeptic about all religious and supernatural matters, because she didn't believe things she hadn't encountered.  Then again there were encounters almost constantly all over Evelon.

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 02/18/2010 7:10 PM

Well..it wasn't near any of those places. How was Hyacinth supposed to tell her that Searokor was miles and miles away from Evelon? The path had been so long that she forgot all the places she had passed on the way here. But when she reached Lambasita and Barakka, Hyacinth found them very pleasant worlds, and so the runaway princess had decided to stay.

"It's...not really near either," she laughed nervously, hoping Tabby wouldn't inquire as to why she was so far away from home. "I traveled a long distance to get to here."

Hyacinth looked up and saw a sign. Aha! It was the Sea Spice Restaurant. "Tabby, there it is!" she exclaimed, pointing a long, slender finger at the building.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 02/19/2010 7:12 PM

Another continent, honestly?  Goodness, she really must have failed her geography quizzes worse than she thought--though that was already full of low expectations because it's incredibly hard not to fail terribly when you're always napping when geography happens in your class.  ((True story.  -smacked-  I have history/geography second period and it is practically nap period for me.  Anyways.  On with the story.))

"Ah," she said conversationally, as if you can really say things in any other way during a conversation.  "Well, that hopefully explains why I don't know a thing about it.  Want to broaden my knowledge base?"  But of course she was interrupted by actually seeing the Sea Spice Restaurant, and she added, "Wow, we're finally here.  I was worried it was a hallucination of some sort."

"So what do you want to order?"

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 04/02/2010 5:23 PM

(Waaaah, really late response x_x)

Now that Tabby mentioned it, Hyacinth hadn't thought of what she'd order upon entering the restaurant. It was obviously for seafood, which she had frequently at home, as the kingdom she lived in was close to the sea. She pondered for a moment, staring at the sign of the restaurant. "Hm...well lobster sounds good... I haven't had that for a while. What about you, Tabby?" She was relieved that the topic was now on food, but Hyacinth got the feeling that it would return to her origins at some point. She didn't mind telling Tabby a bit about the continent itself, but she was still uncomfortable with revealing her heritage...

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfcub » 05/23/2010 11:02 AM

(Mind If I join?)

Image Freyja's human form
Image Freyja's Slynx Form

No one paid attention to the lady entering entering the restaurant. No one took a second glance at her furry tail, red eyes, or even the tiny, fluttering wings. You saw a lot of strange things in Evelon. One more animal-human didn't cause a scene. Freyja walked up to the counter, and looked at the menu. Mmmm, fish. "I'll have the fillet, please. And a glass of milk." She waited until her order was ready, paid, then took it to a table. She happened to see a black-haired girl ordering food as well. She narrowed her eyes. That girl was awfully...feline, in a way. And was that a Khuna with her? Freyja shrugged and took a bite of the fish. Delicious. She lifted the milk glass to her lips, and, making sure no one was looking, lapped up a bit. Just because she looked like a human didn't mean she had to ignore her Slynx instincts.
Leaving Evelon, probably for good.

Image Image
"You are such a soft, fawning, little housepet. You couldn't last 5 seconds on your own."
*Chases tail*
"Are you even listening? You're way too silly all the time."
*Brings a stick*
"No, I wil not play fetch with you."
*Makes huge bambi eyes*
"Oh, fine." *Throws the stick*
Wolfcub
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 419
Donate

Postby Wolfcub » 07/30/2010 8:52 AM

Freyja looked at her watch and realized it was time to go. She finished her food and left.
Leaving Evelon, probably for good.

Image Image
"You are such a soft, fawning, little housepet. You couldn't last 5 seconds on your own."
*Chases tail*
"Are you even listening? You're way too silly all the time."
*Brings a stick*
"No, I wil not play fetch with you."
*Makes huge bambi eyes*
"Oh, fine." *Throws the stick*
Wolfcub
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 419
Donate