If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Pirates Ho! {Open! Please Join!}

Postby robopup24 » 10/25/2007 7:07 PM

[center](OOC: Ignore the title, I just watched Pirates three times already last night and one time today XD)
ImageImageImage
Slia/Umi/Monkoth

"Land ho!"

The cry aroused many crew members below, stirring them up to the deck. Among them was a rather tall Aqua Serraptor. Floating silently around her was a Bubble Spirit who was always with her. A Morloth was perched on her shoulder, the shining black eyes hungrily eyeing the shoreline.

"Excellent!"The Aqua Serraptor, known as Umi, faced her crew. "Okay you landlubbers, lower the sails!"

Instantly, the crew set to work, lowering the ship's massive sails. Umi patiently waited while the crew worked. It was obvious she was the captain. The way she stood, talked, and even acted identified her as a leader. "Mokonth,"she instructed the Morloth. "Scout ahead."

Mokonth let out a small screech and flew toward shore, his tiny wings easily gliding on the sea breeze.

The ship slowed to a halt, its impressive sails still and sadly limp. The crew muttered gossip among themselves. Most of them were Serraptors like Umi were. A few Gyyraptors were in the crew and one Garudor was in the crow's nest.

Mokonth did not take long to fly back. He whispered in Umi's ear and the Serraptor smiled. "Mates,"Umi faced her fellow crewmates. "Looks like we've got a good looting here! Heave ho!"Once again the ship's sails billowed out in the fresh, salty sea wind and the ship churned forward toward the port.

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/25/2007 9:23 PM

[center]ImageImage

Mekii & Volvaria

Upon the dock, a little Arkuhna stared out at sea, her eyes sparkling. Oh how beautiful it was...waves crashing gently, rythmically against the shore, leaving a build-up of sandy beaches. The female Arkuhna gazed at this all, mouth open in awe.
"It's so beautiful..." she murmured. "Oh, Volva, come look!"

Not far from the Arkuhna sat a Blackberry Slikey. Her full name was Volvaria, but the Arkuhna merely called her Volva. "Maybe, Mekii, but I'll bet you it's dangerous..."
Volvaria glanced down at her feet, feeling very nervous here. But she always felt nervous, so this was not exception.

{1--1}
ImageImageImage

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 166
Donate
Location: Sittin' on my butt, at the computer...why where else would I be?

Postby robopup24 » 10/26/2007 12:10 AM

[center]The shoreline was up close now and Umi's heart was pounding with excitement. Just a few more minutes...
At last the ship docked into port. Her crew was already itching for a fight and was barely restrained by Umi's order to stay put until she said to attack. The Serraptor smiled in amusement at the two civilians at the dock. Look at them, acting like the ship was nothing.
The Bubble Spirit sensed her master's excitement and began to move about faster. Mokonth clung on tighter, waiting with anticipation.
"Mates,"Umi slowly spoke. "Let's do what we do the best!"

A cheer rose from the crewmembers and they jumped off the ship, claw, teeth and weapons ready.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/26/2007 9:50 AM

Mekii watched as Umi and her crewmembers paraded off board. Her eyes widened, in a mixture of fear and delight. "What are they doing, Volva?" Mekii asked. She loathed killing and stealing, but she simply loved the ocean. She hadn't come here to watch a bunch of so called 'pirates' raid a port town! "Oh Volva, we have to stop them from hurting anyone!"

"What do you expect me to do?" Volvaria asked. "Oh Mekii, let's just get out of here, before they do anything." Volva glanced around, looking for the ship that they had arrived here on. "Where...where is it? Oh Mekii, the ship is gone!"

{2--2}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 10/26/2007 1:14 PM

[center]Umi's crew were entirely on a frenzy. They rushed into the town, a battle cry rose from their throats. Leading them was Umi, her sword raised and ready. "It's all ours for the taking, gentlemen!" Umi chuckled. "Do as you will!"

Everywhere around her, choas ensued. Screams, crashes, and whatever loud noise filled the air. Mokonth now was filled with battle lust. With a shrill cry, the Morloth glided out to add more chaos to the scene. Umi's Bubble Spirit though, paused. Gently floating up into the air, avoiding the swords and flames, the Bubble Spirit floated back to the dock. Their ship was still there, gaurded by a rather bored looking Gyyraptor. What interested the Bubble Spirit though, was the two creatures standing on the shore: an Arkuhna and a Blackberry Silkie. She cautiously floated toward them, circling them. It seemed that she wanted to tell them something...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/26/2007 4:50 PM

Mekii's eyes watered as she watched Umi and her crew ransack the town.
"Volva, this is terrible! We have to do something to stop--Oh!" Mekii's eyes widened as they focused on the Bubble Spirit. "Whoa...look, it's a Bubble Spirit...I wonder what it wants?"

"I don't know, I don't want to know, and I don't care," Volvaria said, shaking slightly. "We need to get out of here, now." But Mekii looked into Volva's eyes, her own hopeful. "Oh, no, Mekii, we can't! Well, we can, but...no!" She had an idea of what the Arkuhna wanted. "Oh fine. Hold on to me, though, or we'll be swept away."

Mekii grabbed on to the Slikey's tail, and both creatures jumped into the ocean with splash. Immediatly, Volva began swimming toward the great ship, nervous, but swimming onward all the same. Mekii was holding on firmly to Volva's back, so that the Blackberry Slikey was free to use her tail.

{2--2}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 10/27/2007 5:22 PM

[center]The Gyyraptor gaurding the ship was rather envious of his crew mates. Obviously, he had been left behind on one of the most boring jobs! He was unaware of the two swimming toward the ship...

The Bubble Spirit floated around Volva and Mekii. Obviously, the strange creature wanted to help them. The Bubble Spirit paused as they neared the ship. The Bubble Spirit glanced at the sky and froze. In an instant, she was floating back to shore. A storm was coming their way...

Mokonth was the first to notice the Bubble Spirit floating back. "What are you doing back here, Slia?" He curiously asked.

Slia ignored Mokonth and went to Umi who was leaning against an inn. Umi was quite surprised to see Slia. "Slia? What-" The Seraptor looked at the darkening sky and her face became quite grim. They had to leave now. "Listen up mates!" Umi shouted. Instantly, all noise ceased and the crew's attention was on her. "Take whatever trinket you want! We have to leave...NOW!"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/27/2007 6:38 PM

Water splashed up into Mekii's face, but she held on all the same. Volvaria was an expert swimmer, and the waves weren't overally rough. It was quite easy for the Slikey to make it too the ship, and upon arriving at it, she stopped.
"How are we supposed to get up there?" Volva asked, eyes wide.

Mekii jumped off of Volva's back, launching herself at the ship. Immediatly, she unsheathed her claws, and began climbing. "Like this! Look, there's a rope over there that you can use!" Mekii nodded with her head toward the anchor's rope, and Volva swam over to it, beginning to climb herself. Mekii easily beat Volvaria to the top, but stopped to hide behind a few crates upon seeing the Gyyraptor guide.

"Mek--" Volva began saying, but was shushed when she too noticed the guard. She joined Mekii in hiding, fear rising rapidly. "What are we going to do?" she whispered.

{3--3}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 10/27/2007 6:46 PM

[center]The pirates were running into the ship now, hoisting the sails, anxious to get away from the approaching storm. The Gyyraptor gaurd was rather dazed at the hustle. Umi walked up to the poor pirate and barked, "What are you waiting for? Let's move it! We don't have much time! The armies are coming! Hoist the sails! C'mon, get to it!"

Mokonth fluttered around, he was quite flustered and hated the noise. Slia slowly circled around Umi once again, observing the crew's apparent haste. In almost no time, the ship set sail, gradually gaining speed. The crew did not relax though until the dock was out of sight.

Glad that the rush was over, Mokonth flew over to some crates near the side of the ship to feel the sea breeze. The Morloth was quite surprised to see a Blackberry Slithy and Arkuhna on board, hiding behind the crates. He began to screech, but fortunantly for the two stowaways, he was not heard above the noise.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 10/28/2007 12:18 PM

Volva's eyes widened as Mokonth screeched. They would be found. And so she did something she would never do otherwise. Grabbing the Morloth around the waste with a slightly slimey forehand, she whispered, "Shut up, will you? Do you want us to be caught and tossed overboard?!" Perhaps the usually quiet Slikey had learned that such actions must be taken in such situations as the one she was in.

Mekii grinned, whispering, "Nice." She peeked out from behind the crates. "Man, look at them all...we need a place to hide..." She glanced around. Where were they to go? Twitching her tail, the Arkuhna racked her brains fiercly, but was saved by Volva.
"Look Mekii! We can hide in there!" Volva was staring at a large, long chest. It could easily hold the two friends.
Mekii gave a small nod, then ran for the chest. She opened the lid when no one was looking, and Volva scurried over and into it. Mekii followed, then glanced at Mokonth.
"Ah, just let him go Volva!" Mekii murmured, but Volva shook her head.

{4--4}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/11/2007 2:00 AM

[center]Mokonth glared at the two with pure hatred. Very quickly, as they crept toward their hiding place, he bit hard on Volva's slimy hand. He had to tell Umi about this!

Slia floated calmly above her master's head, glad that the rush was over. They were far from shore, safe. Now they were back in the open sea, free to roam wherever they wanted. Of course, she didn't tell her master about the two people she had met. Oh no, she would prefer to keep it a secret for now.

Umi walked up and down the decks, enjoying the salty air. Ah, there was no better life than a pirate's. She speculated. The Serraptor was enjoying herself so much that she almost forgot where they were going. Silly her. "Okay crew, listen up!"She was back in charge and all the pirates' attention was on her. "We'll be sailing to the Dead Coast. We should be safe there. Got it? Sail ho!"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 11/11/2007 2:16 PM

((OOC: This is my first time RPing with these things, so apologies in advance for any stupid mistakes.))
Hurikan

Several hundred feet below the ship, a single black jellyfish swam alone.

It wasn't that way for long, however. More of the jellyfish began to gather in that area, as if preparing for a meeting.

Finally, as one last jellyfish descended from above, a Dreiden appeared from somewhere below. An evil smirk was on his face.

As he neared the center of the school, the black jellyfish that had come down from somewhere above approached him, and moved in such a way as if gesturing about something.

The Dreiden nodded slowly, his smirk going into a full-blown, toothy grin.

"Well, comrades," he said, "from what I've been told, there's a ship above us heading for the Dead Coast. How about we go up and punish it something fierce?"

Being jellyfish, the slievers couldn't actually respond vocally to The Dreiden's response, but judging by the fact that they suddenly started swimming about very actively, it looked like they were agreeing.

With that, the Dreiden began to swim upwards at a 60 degree angle, accompanied by his army.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4526
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 11/15/2007 1:52 PM

"Aug--" Furry paws placed themselves over Volvaria's mouth, just before anything could really come out. "Shhh!" Mekii said, her eyes wide open now. She watched as a few droplets of blood came leaking out of Volva's slimey hand. The webbed appendage let go of the Morloth, but at the moment, both girls were not worried about that. Had Volva's small cry been heard? And if so, what would happen?
Volva, her eyes watering, hissed at Monkoth, "Oh, if we get hung, or torn apart, or whatever else you nasty pirates can think of, I swear, you'll get it, you...you..."
The usually quiet Slikey was taking on quite a change. Such situations seemed to bring out such actions and emotions from people, though, so it was to be expected.

{5--5}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/15/2007 7:00 PM

[center]"What the-" Umi felt the ship rock and jumped back in surprise. What the heck was this? The skies were clear, the ocean...the ocean! A strange black cloud seemed to cover the clear waters, moving toward her ship! What the heck was it? "All men to arms!" The Serraptor shouted, her voice demanding the attention of all the crew members. "It looks like we're under attack by some...underwater foe! You know what to do!"

Slia nervously floated about. She knew what this was: a Dreidan. Weapons would do no good against it. The Bubble Spirit flew over to Umi to tell her but found the captain occupied. Where was Mokonth?
"Stowaways!" The Morloth's shrill cry was heard. He flapped out from behind the crates and almost got rammed by an incoming cannon. "What's going on here?!"

"Stowaways?" Umi groaned. "I don't have time for this! Just...you two!" She pointed at two nearby Gyyraptors. "We have stowaways! Find them and throw them in the brig! I'll deal with them later!" Heck, this was going to be a bad day...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 11/16/2007 9:12 PM

The army of Sleivers, headed by the Dreiden, neared the ship, but suddenly hesistated. The Dreiden sighed.

"What are you waiting for!? Get cracking!" he snapped at them. The jellyfish came to their senses, and began to surround the ship.

Putting their form-shifting abilities into effect, they morphed their first pair of tentacles into hard, sharp appendages. These they dug into the hull of the ship and began to scale up it.

The Dreiden scooted off to the side about 5 yards away. Unless this crew really did pose a formidable challenge, the evil of the unrelenting sea doubted he'd need to put his abilities to the test at all. For now, he'd just watch.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4526
Donate

Next