If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Look! What's that? (Carlie, Knight, and I/Closed)

Postby Jessari » 01/01/2010 10:45 PM

((Disclaimer: This is a speed RP, so readers beware! Things here may not be graceful, artful, or completely sensible.))

Cap walked along the side of the sea, skirting the water as the tide came in. He loved the sea, the feeling of sand underneath his paws. The odd things the tide brought in was worth getting soaked, too.
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Re: Look! What's that? (Carlie, Knight, and I/Closed)

Postby Carlie » 01/01/2010 10:59 PM

Cujo walked not far from Cap. She wasn't as close to the water, therefore dry at the moment. When she saw the borealis kuhna, she eyed him curiously. She was bored; maybe she could meet some new people.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Jessari » 01/01/2010 11:04 PM

As the water receded, it left behind something Cap didn't see often. It was a jellyfish, tentacles spread out on the damp sand like a fairy princess' bejewled hair. It was beautiful in its strangeness, its body pink and clear, and Cap looked around to see if anyone else had noticed his find. Not too far away, he saw another Kuhna. It was someone he didn't recognize, but it didn't matter to him, as outgoing as he was. "Hey! Come look at this!"

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/01/2010 11:07 PM

Cujo watched as the water revealed a jellyfish. Cujo's eyes lit up. That was cool! Right as she decided that she would go say hi, Cap greeted her. ""Hi!" She grinned and walked over, looking down at the jellyfish.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 01/01/2010 11:15 PM

"Don't get too close," Cap warned. He'd accidentally stepped on a jellyfish before, and had limped for several hours afterwards. "It's beautiful, but it stings, too." He smiled up at the new arrival. "My name's Captain, but all my friends call me Cap. What's your name?"

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/01/2010 11:17 PM

Cujo stopped suddenly when Cap warned her. "I knew that," she said, sounding like she probably didn't. "The name's Cujo. Nice to meet ya." She smiled.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 01/01/2010 11:20 PM

"Sorry," he said, when she said she'd already known about jellyfish. "I didn't recognize you, so I wasn't sure if you'd been around beaches before. It's nice to meet you, Cujo." He glanced back down at the jellyfish, watching as its skin slowly began to lose its luster. It really needed to be put back in the sea.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/01/2010 11:28 PM

"No big deal." Cujo nodded slightly. "Nice to meet you too." She glanced back down at the jellyfish. "You gonna, er, help it get back in the water?" She knew it couldn't last long out here but wasn't sure how to get it in the water without getting stung.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 01/01/2010 11:30 PM

"I dunno." Cap paced a circle around the jellyfish. "I don't know much about them, but I don't think it'll live long enough for the tide to come back in. I'm not exactly sure how to get it in without touching it." He began looking around, hoping to find something they could use to carry it or...something. "Maybe if we could find a big stick."

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/01/2010 11:38 PM

Hmmm. Cujo looked around, trying to find something they could use. She spotted a piece of driftwood nearby. "There!" She ran over to it, picked it up, and brought it back over to Cap.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 01/01/2010 11:42 PM

Cap's eyes lit up at her find. Maybe they could save the jellyfish after all! "Can I try?" he asked, taking the driftwood from Cujo. He poked it in the sand, and wriggled it around so it went under the layer of sand the jellyfish was laying on. He really didn't want to damage the fragile creature by accidentally poking it instead. Once he had it underneath, he tried to lift it, but was unable to. "Hey, could you grab the other end? It's too heavy for me to do it by myself."

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/01/2010 11:57 PM

She nodded. That would be great, she didn't want to take a chance of killing the jellyfish. Then, he asked her to pick up the other side. "Okay, sure." She walked around to the other side of the piece of wood and picked it up, careful to hold it steady.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 01/02/2010 12:02 AM

"'k," Cap said as they lifted the driftwood by each end. "'t's go. Crful." His words were nearly intelligible as he tried to speak around the driftwood in his mouth. Slowly, they made their way down to the water.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/02/2010 12:10 AM

"Mhm," Cujo mumbled, carrying the driftwood while glancing behind herself, trying not to trip. When they got close enough to the water, she tilted the piece of wood so that the jellyfish fell back into the water. She dropped the plank out of her mouth and spit out the bit of sand that had accompanied the wood.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jessari » 01/02/2010 12:16 AM

Cap watched the jellyfish float away once it got to its depth. He dropped his end of the driftwood as Cujo dropped hers, tongue flicking in and out as he tried to work the grit off his tongue. When that failed, he tried to brush it off with his paw. Mistake. That only coated his tongue with more sand and grit. "Gah!" he exclaimed, turning his head to the side and spitting. When he turned back, he had an embarrassed grin on his face. "That isn't one of the things I enjoy about the beach."

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next