If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

A fatal chase... (Private)

Postby Kelica » 10/30/2007 11:02 AM

[center](An RP with myself. Most likely it will be T rated later, but until that happens, this is your only warning, and  if you want to understand better, I suggest  you read the Rp "The Arrival of the Storyteller", as it contains Kelica's back story.)

Kelica was leaning on the rail of the boat, her cloak flapping in the wind. Her staff was strapped to her back under the cloak, and it was quite the rare occaision to see her wearing both. Off to her side was her Hydrokuhna, Hylii, who was fiddling with her tails. She sighed. It was such a close call from Lambastia to here. She had gone there to pick up three of her pets but honestly, she got into a bit too much trouble. She had discovered Hylii was folowing her, and got caught by some Imperials that remained on their land. She had paid the people who ran this passenger boat double to go to Jawan at top speed. It was now sunset, and it wasn't a very fast boat, it was like one of those smalll ferries you use to cross river, so Kelica really didn't understand why this one was used to cross an ocean. Underneath her were rooms for guests. There were two people per room, and they were really quite squished. "Kelica, look out!" Hylii suddenly cried, and Kel suddenly fell to the water. It was bring her under.. Under... Hylii suddenly jumped in, pulling the now-unconcious Kelica out of the water. "Wake up!" Hylii said, slapping Kel's cheek with a tail. Kel remained unconcious. Heaving, the little Hydorkuhna struggled to find something to get her human companion up. Then she saw a life ring being lowered. With all her might, Hylii managed to put Kelica through. All the weight off her, she could easily fly up to the deck. Kelica coughed and opened her eyes. All she saw was the boy hovering above her. "Thanks." She said. The boy smiled warmly. "I'm glad you're okay, but thank your Hydorkuhna, she's the one who jumped off to save you, I just gave you the life ring." Kelica's vision suddenly became clearer. She could now make out the features of the male above her. He looked about her age, had shaggy black hair with blue streaks, and he had saphire blue eyes. "Thanks anyway, you had something to do with it." Kelica said, now sitting up. "Kelica." Hylii said, diredting the girls attention to her. "You didn't trip. Somebody pushed you. Somebody... Tried to kill you."

~~~

Night time... Kelica was now standing on the point of the boat, looking at the beautiful lights that were Jawan. Hylii was asleep in her arms, while the staff on her back was pulsating a small light, she didn't feel safe anywhere on the deck anymore, so she had put a protective sheild around herself. She sighed. Hylii's words had echoed in her head all day. She couldn't even read to take her mind off it. She knew her time was up, but why now? Why during the war? When her pets were so at risk? And now she was? This didn't feel right. They had waited one extra year. Maybe they were waiting for a time like this to make her death seem more natural. Those despicable monks...
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 97
Donate

Postby Kelica » 10/30/2007 6:41 PM

The city lights of Jawan were very close now, and Hylii was stirring. Looking around, Kelica figured the would-be murderer could tell when she was casting magic. She had expected whoever it was by now, so it evidently knew. She sighed, closing her eyes and inhaling the air. It was a nice night out, with the stars showing in the sky, the moon half-full.... If something so disturbing wasn't going on, Kelica would be perfectly happy... When she opened her eyes, she could see sailors hurrying to wake people up, and the lights were now almost right in front of her. She quickly scooped up the small bag beside her, which contained two sandwhiches, a bottle of water, and her book, she got ready to leave the boat. Behind her was that boy who had helped save her. She now realised he was wearing jeans and a blue hoodie. She noticed his backpack was squirming, though she figured she was hallucinating. She had other things to do, so she walked off the ship, and into the streets. Looking around, she tried to remember the adress she had written down on her hand, which had been washed away by her fall. "Where are you going?" The boy beside her asked. "To a hotel. I wrote it on my hand but it was washed away by my fall." Kel resonded. "I'd imagine. I'm Travis, but you can call me Trav. You?" Travis asked. "Kelica. You may call me Kel if you please." "Pleasure." And they shook hands.
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 10/30/2007 9:56 PM

Looking around for a place where they could chat better instead of being out in the middle of the road, the couple darted for a park and sat on a nearby bench. Hylii yawned, she seemed awfully close to waking up. Kelica just wanted a few extra moments alone with this boy she had just met. "So, what can you remember about this hotel?" Travis asked her. "It was..... Oh! The place I met Jimmy! Of course I made reservations there!" She suddenly exclamed, remembering. Hylii yawned again. "Who's Jimmy?" Travis asked. "She's a storyteller, I told her my life story, I trusted her that much." Kelica responded, seeing that it was natural for one to inquire such questions. Twang! Kelica felt a sudden push and fell off the bench. "What was that for?" She asked, brushing herself off while standing up. She saw Travis, laying on his side on the bench, an arrow above him that missed him by centimetres. In horror, Kelica grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the bench. "Let's GO." She said, dragging him along with one arm and holding Hylii in the other. Snapping back to his senses, Trav started running as well. Looking behind them, there was a cloaked figure, his cloak splattered with blood. Kelica shuddered and went into the busy street. The cloaked one lost sight of them, and they ran into the hotel parking lot. "Let's go" Kelica said, quickly paying the person at the front counter and running up the stairs.
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 10/30/2007 11:19 PM

Travis followed her while she rushed up the stairs, hurredly unlocking her door, closing the blinds. Once Travis was in, Kelica than closed and locked the door. "I get the feeling whatever's following us won't let substance stop it." Travis said, looking around the room. There were two beds, and a bedside table in between them housing lamps. "I know it won't, it just makes me feel somewhat secure." Kelica responded.

~~~

The one who shot the bow, pushed the girl off, and chased the couple on to the street pounded his fist against the brick wall of the dark alleyway. "I sssssswear, it wasssss only an accccccident. It issssss thissssss form, a Void Battleheart cannot work as well in itsssss human form....." His master had entered his mind once again, demanding to know why Kelica wasn't dead yet. "The green eyed one and her pet have found a companion, a male with saphire eyessssss. It isssss obvioussssss he showssss affection towardsssss her..." The Battleheart explained. Than a incredibly painful voice entered his head. "I TOLD YOU TO OBLIBERATE ANYTHING IN YOUR WAY AND BRING THE GIRL ALIVE TO ME! THE INTSRUcTIONS WERE SIMPLE!" On his pitiful human knees in agony, he replied. "I will not fail you masssssster. Never doubt me." "I HAVE MY DOUBTS, SO GET BACK ON THE CHASE!" The voice subsided, and in his pitiful form, he fainted...

((Note that it's just some random Void Battleheart, I don't actually own one ;P))
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 10/31/2007 10:41 AM

[center]"Somehwat?" Travis asked her. "Nevermind, I feel safe now, it doesn't feel like anyones following us." Kelica said. Hylii yawned yet again and this time she woke up. "Trav, you know her right? Well, this is Hylii." Hylii nodded, somewhat sleep still. Trav's bag shook again. "What's in your bag anyway?" Kelica asked, wondering if she was mistaking these movement or not. Hylii went over and stuck her muzzle under the opening of the bag. "He has a Common Kuhna in there." Hylii said. Travis sighed. "This is..."
"Kai." Travis said, heaving out a kuhna that was bigger than most. "Don't be intimidated, Kai's really just as obbessed with computers, so he's just in anxiety away from one." "Hey!" Kai said accusingly while the other laughed. "I haven't laughed since my last visit to Jawan..." Kelica thought to herself. "It's a miracle to hear me laugh..."
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 11/01/2007 11:57 PM

"Well, it's nice to know that we have the same tastes." Travis said, reffering to the two Kuhnas. "I dunno. They relly are quite differernt..." Kelica said, trailing off as the two kuhnas lept at eachother playfully. "Hey! Don't do that! Kai is about twice your size!" Kelica sanpped at the pair, laughing and rolling about. "He's really gentle Kelica honestly..." Hylii said, trying to make an excuse for some fun. "No." Kelica said firmly, and Hylii sighed and hopped onto the bed. "This is probably the last peacful sleep you'll have in a while, so rest up." Kelica said to the others. "Who said I normally have a peaceful sleep?" Travis asked teasingly. Once again, they laughed, then lay down onto the beds, ready to sleep.

~~~

In the middle of the night, something stirred. "You wanna go out?" Hylii asked the Common Kuhna, who was also awake. "I want to find a nice cyber cafe." Kai said. "Wouldn't they be closed at this hour?" "Naw, I know Jawan through and through, I'd know if there was one open this late." "Alright." They stepped through the door, which had Kelica's field of protective magic, and ran off into the night...
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 11/03/2007 1:32 PM

Kelica yawned. Morning. Finally. She looked around. Where were Hylii and Kai? "Travis! Wake up!" She went over and shook the blue-clad boy. "Hm?" "Hylii and Kai are gone!" Travis seemed to be awake now. "Oh dear. Normally I wouldn't be worried, but with this killer and all, I'll bet they're in trouble." Both of them rushed out of the room and down the stairs, this was to close for comfort. "Kai's favorite cyber cafe is this way." Travis said, rushing down a dubious looking street. He stopped in front of a building. "Oh dear." The inside of the building was terrible. Chairs and tables tipped over, coffee everywhere, cracked computers on the ground and worst of all, a corpse on the floor, a bite mark ripped through his clothes, a blood trail leading into the kitchen. Kelica and Travis exchanged quick glances, then rushed in. "Everythings such a mess, and such a shame that Sa's dead. He was a good friend of Kai and me..." "How do you know he's dead?" "I've seen this exact same situation before. And I know exactly the cause of the death..." Travis evidently didn't want to talk about it anymore. They both ran into the kitchen to discover Kai, on he ground, unconcious, a cloth around his soulder so he wouldn't bleed. And Hylii in a corner, in some kind of panic trance, evidently drugged and hallucinating. "Hylii!" Kelica said, rushing over to the little Hydrokuhna, scooping her up in her arms. "Don't kill me!" "Hylii, it's Kelica!" Hylii shook her head. "Kel.... Am I okay?" "Lets go check." Kelica saw Travis heaving Kai onto his shoulder. He nodded, and pair ran off to the nearest place to get them checked.
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 11/04/2007 3:32 PM

Sitting anxiously in the vet, Kelica shifted around in her seat. Was Hylii okay? She held some concern for Kai, but it was mostly all on Hylii. Her darling Hydrokuhna, who would want to harm her? Of course, the person who was hired by the monks. She sighed, and the vet came over to her and tapped her on the shoulder, telling her to come. "Is she alright?" Kelica asked, and the supposedly mute woman nodded. A flood of relief antered Kelica's tense body, and she entered. The real vet came up to her. "Badly drugged, but we were able to get it out of her system. Unfourtunately, she can't remember a single thing about the incident. I'd love to catch whoever abused a innocent kuhna like this. Pure evil, I say, harming an animal on purpose." Kelica rushed over to her little hydorkuhna and kneeled down. "She's unconcious, but she's going to be okay." Kelica nodded at the male's words. She spent an hour kneeling there, bent over the blue-pelted feline. The others had left, tending to Kai's serious wounds. Kelica finally got up when Hylii stirred and looked around the room. There was the counter Hylii was laying on, which ran to the door behind her, and cabinets above them. She noticed a pile of papers. "The records..." They seemed awfully full, Kelica thought. Ahd those were the records for.... Today? She looked over them.

~~~

Nov. 4

1. Kauna, Battleheart injuries
2. Biolune Rollaby, exposed to light to long+Battleheart injuries
3. Imperial Garudor, Battleheart injuries
4. Prisimatic Tali, Battleheart injuries
5. Sky Albie, Battleheart injuries
6. Void Hollowheart, severe Battleheart injuries
7. Hollow Rengosett, Battleheart injuries
8. Florana, Battleheart injuries
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 11/04/2007 11:13 PM

Stark realisation came to her as she read it. Grabbing her kuhna, she ran to the room where Kai was unconcious and Travis was. "Trav!" Kelica called to him, and he rushed over. "Let's go to a more private place." He said, figuring what she was about to tell him was important enough to not be heard by anyone. Noticing the janitor's closet, they ran in. "The thing that's chasing us is a Battleheart." "How'd you figure that out?" "I saw the vet's records for today. Battleheart injuries all down the charts. It simply cant be a coincidence." "No way. That thing that shot an arrow from the trees was much too small to be one." "Battlehearts have the power to transform into a human form." "Right." Travis looked around. "Lets get Kai." Rushing out of the dark place, they went back to the room where Kai was unconcious.....
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 11/07/2007 9:07 PM

Nobody was there. Only Kai, who was now stirring. "What happened?" Travis asked, leaning over the large Kuhna. "There.... There was this human. A rather shady one, asking if someone wearing teal with green eyes had come. Hylii and I immedietly recognised who he was describing. Kelica. We tried to run, but somehow the door was locked. This strange human came over and asked us what connection we had with her. Hylii boldly awnsered, but as soon as she opened her mouth, he slipped the drug into her mouth. I pounced  on him, pushing all the way into the kitchen." Kelica could imagine, Kai was huge for a kuhna, he could easily push her into the room behind her if he pounced. "He stabbed a knife into my shoulder.... And then I woke up here...." Kai said. Travis looked uneasily at him. "Can you walk?" Kai jumped down, but closed his eyes as if in pain when he hit the ground. "I can't pounce...." He said, but took a few steps and was just fine. "We're not going to do much fighting if I can help it anyway." Kelica said. "So don't worry."
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 11/11/2007 3:06 PM

Travis stuffed Kai in his bag, saying the Common Kuhna needed his rest. Kelica decided to put Hylii in her bag too, and they set off onto the road. Travis stopped in front of a few boutiques, once Kel stopped to  look with him. "You know.. I've been thinkng... I know this guy is tracking us by magic, but I think you look a bit suspicious wearing that cloak, so I figured we could get you some regular city clothes...." Travis said to her. "Brilliant." And Kel ran in. Travis waited outside, and when Kel came out he could hardly recognize her. She was wearing a brown coat, borwn pants with a teal shirt underneath, and a rather puffy teal hat with her teal bag. "Lets go."
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 12/14/2007 12:31 AM

[center]"You look nice." Travis commented. Kelica blushed. "Thanks." She looked up. "What?" Travis asked. "I feel bad presence. Come on." Kelica said, urging Travis forward. "Why up there?" "He's following us from the roof tops." Travis was getting more and more mesmerized by this girl. "We are going to be doing this often by the way. This guy isn't afraid to kill from what we've seen. We don't want him killing innocents." Travis was about to interject saying he didn't want themselves killed either, but he kept the comment to himself. Hylii peeked out of Kelica's bag, as did Kai from Travis's. "Two little lovebirds, huh?" Hylii whispered to the other kuhna. Kai chuckled. "Indeed."
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 12/14/2007 7:54 PM

[center]"But we can't argue, can we? I mean...." Hylii started, then trailed off at the part where it intervenes with what happened last night. Kai finished it for her. "We are too." At this, Hylii was blushing. If she could blush. How could a Hydrokuhna blush? I don't know. Kelica looked up again. "He's ready to shoot another arrow. Come on!" Kelica dragged Travis out of the way, just as the arrow hit the arm of a mother holding her child's hand in the crowd. "Come on!" Kelica urged, her voice evidently alarmed and upset at the sight of what was happening. Hylii and Kai buried themselves in the bags again as Kelica and Travis ran into an alleyway. Kelica put her hand against the wall to catch her breath, then realized a liquid was sticking to her hand. Red spray paint that hadn't dried yet. She immediately drew her hand away as she saw Travis staring at it. "What?" She asked. Travis immediately turned to her. "Nothing."
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 02/03/2008 12:47 PM

[center]"It's gotta be something." Kelica insisted. "No, it's nothing, I just recognize the handiwork. I thought that person had stopped doing this kind of thing..." Travis said, looking up at it again. "You're hiding something from me, aren't you?" Kelica said. Travis frowned, inspecting the spray paint. "I thought that person was dead." A bit taken aback, Kelica looked at him again. "Come on, we can't dawdle." "Guess so." Travis said, although he didn't seem to be listening, but deep in thought.....

((Kelica: 47 Kai: 9 Hylii: 13))
((I'm abandoning this RP. My plot has changed too much to really continue this RP. XP So, all have left.))
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate