If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

i came as a rat [[open!

Postby why » 04/04/2010 1:49 PM

((so yeah, this is going to be sort of a character-development roleplay and a little test to make sure i still know how to do this alright. join if you want, it'd be awesome if you did))

The day was very well started for many of the citizens of Jawan, all except for Tangi. The light peeped through her dusty windows, catching particles floating in midair like a searchlight. Finally, as the clock struck one-ish, the beam of light crossed her closed lids.
"Aaaugggh," her lids whipped open then shut in pain. She rolled over while with the heel of her hands she rubbed her dark eyes. She checked her large wall clock, her hands shielding the attack of sun from her sore eyes.
"Only one? Wow, totally thought it was, like, two."
She boosted herself up and ran her hands through her mess of hair. On her door (more of less a wall of posters, pictures, and other miscellaneous items, like the rest of her room) was a note. She tried her best to read it from her bed, but finding it impossible was forced to finally get up. Her back popped as she stretched as she made her way to the door through a maze of trash.
She squinted at the messy, all-capitalized writing as she tried to make sense of it.

DEAR TANGI,

PLEASE CLEAN YOUR ROOM. IT'S FILTHY.
ANYHOW, I WILL BE BACK BY NINE, I HAVE TO STAY LATE AT WORK. TRY NOT TO DESTROY ANYTHING OR HAVE ANY PARTIES, RUMBAS, BASHES, OR RIOTS WHILE I'M GONE. THERE'S DINNER IN THE FRIDGE.

LOVE,
LAIKA

Her landlord. Should've guessed. Tangi thought of her almost like a mother, seeing as she picked her up on the streets a few months ago, but if you asked her about Laika she'd sneer and sigh and act like any other rebellious teen. She tossed the note over her shoulder, flicked the switch on her stereo (placed handily right by the door), and exited her room as a rock song began to boom.
Her head shaking and her hips waving, she grabbed some eggs from the fridge and a frying pan. While waiting for the stove to warm up she took a swig of rice milk straight from the carton and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. She gave a one-over sweep of the apartment with her eyes. Laika didn't have any pictures of her family, or friends, or anything to suggest a life outside of her work. Tangi wanted to ask a dozen times before, but it almost seemed like a taboo subject to approach her on.
"Maybe she killed her own family. Like, in a fire, you know?" she said over her shoulder to a spider plant in the window. She checked the heat on the pan before cracking two eggs into it. "Or, like, faked a suicide to get away from an abusive father or something." the spider plant didn't comment.
Tangi ate in silence after her breakfast was cooked, her foot tapping the linoleum floor to the music.

After her hair was done, her clothes picked out, and her mess in her room swept to one side, she went out into the warm air. She found a nice little cafe on the bay, ordered a chai tea, and sat and watched the waves in the afternoon light.

why
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 44
Donate

Re: i came as a rat [[open!

Postby kameekylie » 04/11/2010 2:13 AM

(Kind of my first proper RP here, so here it goes!!! Sorry it's short!)
Image Kuni

Olivia looked at the tiny kuni in her bag. "Well, If you wern't so restless, I would let you walk beside me." The small blue creature grunted before rolling over. She walked along the bay in the mass of fisher men. "Must be some good fish today, hey!" The small Kuni giggled along with Olivia. "Ah, here, a nice little shop for a drink."

The Kuni sat and stared at a girl a few tables back. "Oh, stop it. That is rude you know." It shruggeas the food was served. "Hey! I was going to eat that!" giggled before running towards the table with the girl on it. "Oh no, here we go again!"
kameekylie
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 29
Donate

Postby why » 04/11/2010 1:29 PM

Hm, let's see, Laika will be home by nine or so, so that gives me... four hours for naps and three hours to cruse around town!
Tangi sat with her head in her palms, her light green eyes staring off into the distance. She thought she acted more like a cat herself, but a canine she was, if a tad off-kilter.
Suddenly a small, blue creature hurried itself onto the table. Tangi started in surprise and cocked her head at the fish-like thing.
"Why, hello there, who are you?" she asked, studying it. She was almost certain it was a kuni as they were pretty plentiful around the sea, but she never saw one up close. Out of the corner of her eye she caught a girl coming after her apparent lost pet.
"Oh, is this little cutie yours, ma'am?"
why
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kameekylie » 04/26/2010 1:22 AM

(So, so sorry!!!!!!! You see, I lost my password, and then school was really busy, but I'm back!!! I am soooooooooooooo sorry!!  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: )
He was at it again. Already at the table. Olivia nodded and grabbed the squirming creature. "Yes, he is mine. He's a little restless. He won't stop moving! I'm having trouble just keeping an eye on him. He's very naughty and mischevious!! He's called Percy. He doesn't like being told what to do." Olivia looked over the girl at the table. "I'm Olivia, by the way. So, where's your pet?"

Olivia scanned the room, but the only pets she saw was those of the few other people who happened to be in the cafe. Olivia shrugged before placing Percy in her bag. "I have a few other pets, a Kamee called Kylie, and a Hollowheart called Draco. And Percy here. Well, they're our family pets, really. But I'm meant to look after them." She stroked Percy who was now sleeping, as he had been up all night.
kameekylie
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby why » 04/29/2010 7:05 PM

(it's alright, don't worry about it!)

Tangi smiled sweetly and tucked a strand of wayward hair behind her ear.
"It's no problem, miss,"
Her smile slightly tightened as Olivia mentioned 'pets'. "Uh, I guess I am the pet. I'm a shape-shifter, see. People treat you better when you're in their own form," she brought the mug to her lips and sipped meditatively. It looked like she could've stared off into the distance forever until she remembered herself and, when the rim left her lips, she smiled widely. "Anywho, I'm Tangi, charmed to meet you, Olivia."
She straightened her spine and turned so she was facing the girl. It was only polite. "My family isn't that huge, just me an' Laika, she's sorta my mum. Sometimes we get this stray kuhna who stays a couple nights and sometimes brings his lil 'girlfriend'. He can talk a little, you know, even though he's a full animal."
She motioned her hand to the extra seat. "You can sit down, if you'd like. No reason to stand."
why
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kameekylie » 05/01/2010 7:19 PM

Olivia placed her self down in the chair. "Shape-shifter? Well, that's intresting. So you can turn into any of the 'pets?' Could you turn into Percy here?" Percy grunted as Olivia gestured to him. "Oh, sorry, Like you, Percy." Percy shrugged before hopping off the table to search for scraps. Olivia watched him wander away.

"If he doesn't find any, he wanders back on the same path. Besides, its not that big in this Cafe. A Kuhna, huh? They can talk small amounts of English sometimes, can't they? They're pretty cute. It's just my 4 pets and I now. Mum thought there were to many of us in the house, and it was getting crowded, so, we all travel." Olivia noticed Percy returning, sulking. "I'm guessing someone ignored him." Percy nodded before jumping onto the table.
kameekylie
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby why » 05/09/2010 1:38 PM

(sorry I didn't post for a ridiculously long time D|)

"Oh, no, I can just turn into a Yonyuu. Nothin' special," Tangi sniffed as she tossed a hand, showing it wasn't really anything special. Her eyes followed Percy as he wandered around, a glimmer of laughter in them. Percy was a rather charming lil' squirt, to her.
"Some kuhna's can speak, if they're raised to. My kuhna was a stray, so normally he wouldn't be able to." she shrugged. Her eyes snapped back to Olivia after she said that she traveled. "Traveling? Oh, have you traveled anywhere... interesting?"
Tangi reached out a hand hesitantly to Percy, cooing, "Oh, poor darling, if I had something to share with you, I would!"
why
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate