If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Re: [* Summer Tournament

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/09/2010 3:56 PM

Laroo was still at a bit of a loss as to what to do exactly. But when the leaf darted forward, the sizzling toxin dripping from it’s strange mouth, she understood. Her paws sent her propelling forward, and she stretched out her body, tail twitching as she ran. She had to avoid that toxin at all costs. As she reached the leaf, she tried to dodge it’s toxin while stretching out a paw and hopefully inflicting some damage; she didn’t want to kill the tiny thing. Just hit it, that was all.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/09/2010 8:23 PM

Jessari's Ilex:

Rolled a 9 - MISS

MillietheWarrior's Laroo:

Rolled a 1 - HIT

Laroo does 25 (22 + 3) damage!

Laroo takes 2 damage from Ilex's Spiked Body.

Ilex has 5 Endurance.
Laroo has 53 Endurance.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Jessari » 08/10/2010 10:11 PM

The Hunter's paw smashed into Ilex before he could sink his teeth into anything. The blow sent him flying across the arena, and for a moment he just lay there. His eyes whirled around in their sockets, tracking the progress of the tiny little birdies that swirled above his head.

Reality, as always with the Neuleef, was slow to sink in, and when it did, Ilex's reaction was anything but mature. That big blue galumph had hurt him and didn't even apologize! As pain and indignation collided, Ilex began throwing himself about on the ground, pounding his little hands and feet on the dusty ground in what was possibly the world's smallest temper tantrum.

Not even realizing he was doing it, Ilex was gathering the sun's rays into him as he squealed and cried. When he had absorbed nearly all he could, he released it in a blinding wave that radiated to all sides of the arena.

((Ilex is using Ray))
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/10/2010 10:26 PM

Laroo felt really bad. Like, really, really bad. She felt like she’d just hit the world’s most adorable piece of greenery. She stepped forward, her eyes showing her concern, when she saw that the creature was building up for it’s own attack. The light was blinding, and Laroo batted at her eyes in an attempt to block it. The leaf didn’t even seem aware of the fact that it was attacking. Laroo raised her head, neck arched as she growled softly, before she opened her mouth, releasing a frosty, icy blaster of air from her jaws that was meant to overwhelm.

((Using Frost.))

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/11/2010 4:07 PM

Jessari's Ilex:

Rolled an 8 - MISS

MillietheWarrior's Laroo:

Rolled a 4 - HIT

Laroo does 28 (22 + 1 + 5) damage!

Ilex has reached 0 Endurance.

Laroo wins this round!

Huh. This battle had actually been really disappointing. Fortunately he hadn't put any real bets on that Neuleef. The elusive little bugger had a chance on paper, but it seems he hadn't faired much in theory. Eh. Such was life. Didn't he know...

"Sorry kid," he told the Neuleef, though the tone of voice was so careless, maybe he should've kept quiet. "MillietheWarrior's Laroo is good for the next round." He took the sheet that listed the names of the fighters on them and crossed out Ilex's name, and looked for the next fighters. "'Kay. rayquaza7996's Leer and Freezair's Cuddles, you're up."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 08/11/2010 4:49 PM

So it was finally his turn? Leer grinned. Kaido and Mari were watching in the stands, and he was hardly going to let them down. Sure, at 4', he was wayyy outsized by his foe, a Rabbot, but size was relative. He knew how to take hits, and with defense like his? It wasn't about strength, it was about sitting arround, slowly whittling away your opponent's strength as they stabbed themselves away on your sharp spines. He was deadly as a Carpetfang, and a lot colder. And it was time to prove that he was no looser, that his partners in crime Kaido, Mari, Kesha (who was absent as usual, due to her rather...disturbing...tendencies) and all the others that he deserved their respect.

Razor-sharp teeth glinting, he stepped into the ring.

Leer Joseson
Species: Clockwork Bleeder (T+1 (Hulking Figure))
Level: 14
Offense: 16
Defense: 19
Precision: 15
Endurance: 44+2 from Fame
Speed: 19
Fame: 13
Battle Traits: Freezing Touch, Spectral Strike, Spiked Body, Metal Plating, Guerrilla Fighter, Stoneblood, Carapace Shield changed to Damaging Strike, Tough Hide

You've been known to obsess over the future,

Do you think you'll get away from the past?

As you starve yourself just to make it through to midnight,

Consider what you might have found.

You think you've got a good thing now?
Ludo - Topeka

.:Pen:. .:Clickables:. .:Wishlist:. .:Journal:. .:Characters:.
rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 43
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

Postby Freezair » 08/11/2010 5:22 PM

Name: Cuddles
Level: 11
Element: Metal
Diet: Electrivore
Offense: 23
Defense: 18
Precision: 19
Endurance: 19
Speed: 21
Fame: 18
Battle Traits: Combat Endurance, Lunge, Metal Plating, Blade, Stoneblood, Bomber, Sonic Waves

Cuddles slunk into the arena like an early winter, grin like icicles. She was a nasty piece of work--artificial fillament and latex fur gleaming maliciously, claws extended, teeth fierce. Beneath her surface, her gears churned and readied herself for transformation--she could form herself into a blade if need be.

She was fierce and ready. Time to take out her agressions.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/12/2010 1:10 AM

[* rayquaza7996's Leer:.
Element: -
Level: 14
Offense: 24 (+8 Damaging Strike)
Defense: 28 (+2 Guerrilla Fighter; +7 Tough Hide)
Precision: 15
Endurance: 52 (+2 from Fame; +6 Metal Plating)
Speed: 19 (First Move from Guerrilla Fighter)
Fame: 13

Freezing Touch - Opponent has 10% of missing their next turn.
Spiked Body - +2 damage to opponent if injured.
Stone Blood - -3 damage from enemy attacks.

[* Freezair's Cuddles:.
Element: Metal
Level: 11
Offense: 24 (+1 Lunge)
Defense: 18
Precision: 19
Endurance: 32 (+3 from Fame; +4 Combat Endurance; +6 Metal Plating)
Speed: 21
Fame: 18

Opportune Sneak Attack - 25% of dealing double damage; must be activated; no use restriction.
Blade - +5 Metal damage; once per battle, hit or miss
Bomber - +5 Energy damage; once per battle, hit or miss
Sonic Waves - Opponent is confused for 3 turns; +50% opponent injures itself.

Leer attacks first.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 08/12/2010 10:16 AM

Leer hissed. The first thing he would do? Hunker down, prepare for hits. He crouched to the floor, curling so hit sharp spines could provide maximum defense. Okay. He was fine. He had thick, stony blood and metal plates inside his skin. He wasn't about to take any damage...not without his foe impaling herself, that was. There was a mean glint in his eye as he raised his claws out of his defensive stance. He'd rend her as she ran by. He was a creature of darkness, steel, and ice. She? She was a simple creature, a rabbit of steel. She probably couldn't Defend her way out of a paper bag.

He glanced to the crowd to find - wait. Wait. Was that Kesha? She must have just killed someone and reverted into her calm personality to be here, but still. Oro was putting huge risks putting her in the stands.

Concentrate on the battle he mentally scolded himself. There would be time to see Oro later.

Ludo - Topeka

rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

Postby Freezair » 08/12/2010 2:41 PM

Cuddles snarled and moved to strike. She had her claws extended, and her long, dangerous tail was lashing. She intended to sweep him off his feet with her huge, thick metal tail. He looked smug--well, time to take him down a notch!

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/12/2010 11:37 PM

rayquaza7996's Leer:

Rolled a 1 - HIT

Leer does 0 (1 + 0 - 3) damage!

Freezair's Cuddles:

Rolled a 2 - HIT

Cuddles does 0 (1 + 4 - 6) damage!

Cuddles takes 2 damage from Leer's Spiked Body.

Leer has 52 Endurance.
Cuddles has 30 Endurance.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 08/12/2010 11:47 PM

(Lol. Leer does 0 damage...Hey, do Stoneblood and Carapace stack? I took both assuming they did :/ Then again, if they did...wouldn't we have like...the longest battle, ever?)

Leer giggled. It seemed like he couldn't even strike his foe, but she was basically impaling herself over his spines, so it didn't really matter. He hunkered down further, and then waited for her to charge. He'd try to put a little force into his spine-stabbing...that'd be fun. More impalement! 8D

Kesha watched with a sick grin on her face. Watching men stab each other...now there's a sport!

Ludo - Topeka

rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/13/2010 2:42 AM

Cuddles snarled as she felt the spines tear her skin. That stuff was high-quality silicone latex! Did this insolate little Bleeder even know how much it costed? No matter, though. His blows themselves bounced off with a "ping" as it hit her shielding.

She pulled back her arms, and her palms began to glow. Energy gathered between her hands. Kapow! She let off a flying energy shot, like the Bomber she was.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/14/2010 12:42 AM

(Yeah, Carapace Shield and Stone Blood are supposed to stack. x3 Edited the previous battle post, my apologies. And yes... this is looking forward to be a veeery long battle... xD;)

rayquaza7996:

Rolled a 7 - MISS

Freezair's Cuddles:

Rolled a 6 - HIT

Cuddles does 5 (1 + 5 + 5 - 6) damage!

Cuddles takes 2 damage from Leer's Spiked Body.

Leer is at 47 Endurance.
Cuddles is at 28 Endurance.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 08/14/2010 12:50 AM

((...Long battle...))

Leer took the blow. It was startlingly painful, just as he had expected. This girl was well-trained, and he couldn't help but feel thankful that he was so good at taking blows. Ray's steel plating was painful, but it made him near-invincible. Even a lightning bomb hadn't really hurt the tough little lizard. He continued to hunker down further, doing his best to protect himself. He could do this. He would do this, he was sure - he could take the most ludicrously over-the-top strikes. It was time to show Kesha and friends why he was worth their effort, their time.

From the stands, Kesha groaned. It looked like this would be a long and relatively bloodless battle. Oro tapped her with a short reminder and the two exited the stadium. They'd be back later, but Kesha's safety was wearing off.

Ludo - Topeka

rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext