If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Re: [* Summer Tournament

Postby Jaykobell » 09/03/2010 9:33 PM

MillietheWarrior's Laroo:

Rolled a 10 - MISS

Celtic's Sparky:

Rolled a 3 - HIT

Sparky does 2 (2 + 0) damage!

Sparky takes 2 damage from Laroo's Spiked Body.

Laroo has 53 Endurance.
Sparky has 22 Endurance.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 09/03/2010 9:59 PM

The claws glanced off Laroo’s crystalline body, but didn’t inflict too much damage. A feral snarl was rent form her lisp as she skidded around to face Sparky, glowering at him in the way of a wounded and very angry cat might it’s canine attacker. With a roar, Laroo opened her jaws wide, and felt the cold air begin to swirl in her belly, traveling through her body until it spilled from her mouth in a wave of cold, icy shards and fragments…aimed right at Sparky.

((Using Frost))

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: [* Summer Tournament Post8

Postby Celtic » 09/04/2010 5:26 PM

Sparky held his breath when he came out unscathed. He had felt his own claws hit their mark, but mostly they just slid off, probably doing like no damage. It was then he decided to turn and face Laroo again, just in time to see a fog of ice shoot from her mouth. The lucain's eyes widened, if that hit him, it would most definately hurt. He knew that he should just take off running in another direction but his fighting instinct kicked in. If he ran, wouldn't he lose? Losing wasn't an option and so he did something that was almost dumb. He skirted barely to the right and aimed to barrel right into her. He knew he would take damage from those damned spikes, but if he got it just right, he would make her hurt more. Hopefully though, her attack would miss.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/04/2010 7:48 PM

MillietheWarrior's Laroo:

Rolled an 8 - MISS

Celtic's Sparky:

Rolled an 8 - HIT

Sparky does 3 (2 + 1) damage!

Sparky takes 2 damage from Laroo's Spiked Body.

Laroo has 50 Endurance.
Sparky has 20 Endurance.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 09/04/2010 8:47 PM

The Hunter inspected the scrapes along her hide with furious interest. Laroo might’ve been missing, but she knew the spikes that protected her crystalline body were inflicting damage of their own. She snarled slightly as she lined herself up again, giving her mane another shake that sent the shards tinkling softly, like the chimes of a thousand bells. Without waiting to be provoked, she darted back towards Sparky. Her claws unsheathed, gouging rivets in the earth, and she launched herself at him, fangs and claws aimed for a decisive blow.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Celtic » 09/05/2010 1:28 AM

Sparky could feel the little irritating scratches the stupid hunter had left on him and he wasn't very happy. So this time he was going to take another approach. An attack he'd never tried out before. Sparky took a deep breathe and attempted to clear his mind. Focussing on the task at hand. The lucain focused all his might to a feeling of earth or ground or whatever inside him., willing it outward to the ground directly beneath Laroo. He could see her coming at him and only hoped that this would pull off in his favor.

((using fissure))

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/05/2010 2:24 PM

MillietheWarrior's Larro:

Rolled a 7 - HIT

Laroo does 21 (18 + 3) damage!

Sparky has reached 0 Endurance.

Laroo wins this round!

As the tournament drew closer and closer to its end... Sol didn't get any less impatient, really. But at least the battles were going faster. At least that Hunter could get things done.

He motioned for the two fighters to get back inside, fiddling through those papers to find the other fighters. Aaah... Almost to the end. Only 3 fights remaining, finally. "'Kay. MillietheWarrior's Laroo is good for the final." He then scanned the fighters before looking back down at his papers. "Listen good, and listen well. The next battle will be rayquaza7996's Leer against Pickle's Fire. The loser will go up against Celtic's Sparky for Third Place." A pause. "Off you go, then."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 09/05/2010 2:53 PM

Fire entered the arena again.  He was a little bit puzzled since his last fight hadn't even been a fight at all.  Well, hopefully this time he would at least get to fight.  He was happy, though, that Alarice was a bit upset because she lost some KS.  Well, that's what she gets for betting against him.  He looked back into the stands and saw her pouting, where as Annabelle had nesled herself on top of Alarice' head and was calling out 'GO DADDEH!'  He smiled and waved to her before he looked around the arena for the person he was to fight.

Stats:
Level: 14

Offense: 21
Defense: 19
Precision: 12
Endurance: 33
Speed: 21
Fame: 34
Battle Traits: Flame Resistant, Inferno, Pyro, Extended Claws, Lunge, Diehard, Powerful Jaws

((Traits in red have been added on))

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 09/05/2010 11:21 PM

Leer was much colder than his foe. Stepping out, he looked up to see the rest of his favorites, his gang - Kaido and Mari, the lovebirds, Oro, the only sane one, Kesha, the crazy insane - all of them. Kesha was a great surprise. She hated ancient kuhnas. Once, he'd hired one. Found the poor boy dead in less than a day. He rolled his eyes, sighing. Maybe this fight wouldn't take too long. The girl looked slow, weak. Her claws were sharp but his hide was thick as they came. And he wanted that spot in the finals. He knew he couldn't beat that crazy crystal wolf - that thing was like, a god or something - but this kuhna was easy prey.

Leer Joseson
Species: Clockwork Bleeder (T+1)
Size: 4' long.
Element: Dark, Metal
Diet: Hematophagous
Offense: 16
Precision: 15
Endurance: 44+2 from Fame
Speed: 19
Fame: 13
Battle Traits: Freezing Touch, Spectral Strike, Spiked Body, Metal Plating, Guerrilla Fighter, Stoneblood, Damaging Strike, Tough Hide
Physical: Hulking Figure

You've been known to obsess over the future,

Do you think you'll get away from the past?

As you starve yourself just to make it through to midnight,

Consider what you might have found.

You think you've got a good thing now?
Ludo - Topeka

.:Pen:. .:Clickables:. .:Wishlist:. .:Journal:. .:Characters:.
rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 43
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

Postby Jaykobell » 09/07/2010 8:31 PM

[* Pickle's Fire:.
Element: ---
Offense: 29 (+4 Extended Claws; +1 Lunge; +3 Powerful Jaws)
Precision: 12
Endurance: 39 (+6 from Fame)
Speed: 21
Fame: 34

Flame Resistant - 1/2 damage from Fire attacks.
Inferno - +2 in stats when allied with a Fire-element pet.
Pyro - 5 Fire-element damage; must be activated, only once per battle, hit or miss
Diehard - Pet can attack once more at 0 Endurance before fainting.

[* rayquaza7996's Leer:.
Element: -
Offense: 24 (+8 Damaging Strike)
Defense: 28 (+2 Guerrilla Fighter; +7 Tough Hide)
Precision: 15
Endurance: 52 (+2 from Fame; +6 Metal Plating)
Speed: 19 (First Move from Guerrilla Fighter)
Fame: 13

Freezing Touch - Opponent has 10% of missing their next turn.
Spiked Body - +2 damage to opponent if injured.
Stone Blood - -3 damage from enemy attacks.

Leer attacks first.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 09/08/2010 12:40 AM

((just a question, does Freezing Touch need to be activated?))

Okay, so there was one thing Leer had over just about everyone and that was that he was fast. He wasn't too precise, his strength was average, his ability to take blows was exceptional, but the hunter still was better...but none of them were faster. Faster wasn't the right word. They didn't have tactics like him.

He charged, intent on using every ounce in his four-foot frame as a weapon. He was thin, lean, almost gaunt, and so a charge wasn't quite as damaging, but when he hit he hit hard and he hit were it hurt. In the end, damage was what mattered. His defenses were so tough they'd kill themselves on his spines, after all.

This wouldn't take long.

"Get it, Leer!" he heard Kesha from the stands. Originally there had been two sides to her, but she'd developed a third, which this was.

Ludo - Topeka

rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

Postby Remedy » 09/08/2010 1:05 AM

Fire stood ready as he watched his opponent run toward him.  This time he would try a bit of a different yet more dangerous approach to his first strike.  He stood his ground, bared his fangs, and fluffed up his fur so he looked a bit larger.  As soon as this... Bleeder, it seemed to be, came close enough, he leapt in the air in an attempt of a last minute dodge while at the same time swiping down with his claws.  He's seen this in the movies and was curious on whether or not it might actually work... Though now probably wasn't the best time for experimenting.  Oh geez, this probably wouldn't turn out too well.  Fire was beginning to wish that he actually didn't have to fight this round and could instead just get a free pass like the last one, but what can ya do...  His heart beat fast and he really hoped that he would get a hit in while also managing to dodge the rather large Bleeder's attack.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/10/2010 1:33 PM

[ Yes, Freezing Touch must be activated. Or do you keep your pet attached to the opponent all the time? xD ]

rayquaza7996's Leer:

Rolled an 8 - MISS

Pickle's Fire:

Rolled a 3 - HIT

Fire does 1 (1 + 2 - 3) damage!

Fire takes 2 damage from Leer's Spiked Body.

Leer has 51 Endurance.
Fire has 37 Endurance.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 09/10/2010 8:10 PM

((it's just that it's not noted as activated anywhere, and you didn't put "must be activated" by it. xD))

Leer hissed. A miss. He concentrated, freezing his blood temperature to below zero. It was time to try something a bit different, something a bit more...spectral. With a growl, he charged again, this time throwing out his frigid tail, hoping that its Freezing Touch might slow her down. She'd kill herself on his spines anyways, but why not speed things up?

Ludo - Topeka

rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 09/13/2010 4:45 PM

Fire grinned.  He had gotten a hit in, though it didn't seem like it had done much damage.  He flinched as the pain of the Bleeder's spiked finally soaked in.  He hissed and ran at it, this time aiming for a full-on attack.  

He side glanced and saw Anna bouncing up and down on Alarice's forehead, and from what he could tell she was saying 'kick his butt daddeh!  D<!'  He smiled, a new wave of encouragement reinforcing him.  Hopefully he would do a bit better this time and get a stronger hit in.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext