If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

[* Summer Tournament

Postby Jaykobell » 07/22/2010 5:29 PM

Jawan was buzzing with activity. Fishermen were running back and forth, fishing in a hurry and bringing back their catch to their shop quickly. With summer quickly coming to an end, everyone was rather impatient and short-tempered. This year's summer had been extremely unstable, some days coming close to world record, and some weeks being worthy of autumn. Some of those fishermen had to get their boats in the sea and their fish in the shop, or else their summer wouldn't bring them enough income to survive winter. It had been a rough summer for many, and a plentiful one for some.

Jawan wasn't very interesting to the rest of Barakka, or even to Lambastia. After people had tasted Jawan's fish specialities, most people never bothered to come back. Tourists came around to take a swim at beaches, to take pictures of the various species living here, and generally for a good vacation all-around. However, very few people actually came to enjoy the seafood delicacies. They were like an afterthought; the most famous attribute of Jawan, but not big enough to allow the fishermen to survive very well.

So why does that even matter? Why would anyone bother to learn about this, and why would anyone be interested?

Well, beyond the beaches and the food, a brand new attraction had settled into town... Past all those beaches and those seafood restaurants, mingled with the few souvenir shops, was a round building of sorts. It had no ceiling at all, but from the looks of it, it seemed very modern.

"Why am I even doing this? Nobody's going to come to this godforsaken place." The words were harsh, but quiet. The young man was walking back and forth, from one side to the other, arms crossed and an unhappy expression on his face that told you of anger, irritation, frustration, and just about every other negative emotions known to mankind. His black hair was adorned with flaming red streaks, and his attire ranged from orange to red, including yellow.

He paced back and forth, sometimes looking towards the main town square. And sometimes, he was lucky enough to get someone to walk towards the building: which, really, was reminiscent of an arena. Whenever someone would walk close by, he would intercept them quickly. "Hey! Hey, you! Yeah, you," he called from afar, walking quickly towards the stranger. "Hey. You interested in something cool? ... You might know what this is. Know someone named Astrophel? Average, kinda tall guy, black hair, kinda weird and mysterious? ... Oh never mind, whatever." The questions and words were linked together quickly, leaving anyone no time to even answer him at all. "Look, never mind, you a fighter? This here is an arena. Fight in there and win, you get a prize. Lose, and you're getting the boot to the exit," he asked, and explained, again without giving you much time for answer.

Those who just gave him looks and shook their head to the fighter question were just left alone. Those who did answer to the question with a yes, or those that looked interested, were just dragged inside the arena. They were brought inside to a rather makeshift desk. "I'm Laresol," the guy said, fiddling with the papers on the desk. "If you know how to get things going in an arena, then get this in your head and get ready to fight in there." He added nothing more, and instead just gave you the papers he'd been fiddling with. The rules were written on them, in a rather bad and lazy handwriting, some words crossed out, as if the person who'd written this hadn't put much effort into it...

"[* Rules
Warning: Read them or I'll bite your head off I won't be happy with you.

1.1. Fighters only. Only 1 pet can enter per person.

1.2. RolePlay your registration. (what the heck is 'RolePlaying' supposed to be?)

2.1. Gotta Must be level 5 to 15, included.

2.2. You can screw up defy the Displacement Rule here. No need for five posts or to get out of your other RPs or whatever. (What the heck, I don't even understand this lingo!)

3.1. Include your stats (whatever they are). Includes: Offense, Defense, all that stuff in there | Your Traits (whatever they are) | Your element | Whatever you think you need to tell me, I mean, I don't even understand why you need to give me this.

3.2. If you complain that 'bawww I lost' I'll eat your face I will not be pleased with you."

Most people who went through the rules made faces at the rudeness and overall bluntness behind them. Some of them even wondered if this thing was serious or if this were some kind of trick...

After they were done with the rules, the leftover papers included the procedure of the tournament. How things would work, how battles would proceed; everything the fighters needed to know to enter.

"[* How I'm Gonna Do Things Procedures

1.1. This thing is a grid tournament, 8 fighters. Not one more, not one less.

1.2. This thing won't start until we get 8 ridiculously gullible victims fighters.

2.1. I'm going to matching you up randomly. No whining. Or I'll bite your face off I will not be pleased.

2.2. You're going to be notified when your battle is up (because obviously I have to do everything so you won't miss out on your battle).

3. You have 3 days to post your move. After your 3 days are up, you're automatically out of here disqualified. Remember it Make sure to keep that in mind."

Upon reading the second section, most wondered if that guy even wanted to do this tournament. His words were crude and clearly uncaring, so why was he here?

Moving on, the last sheet of paper included the prizes the winners would receive upon winning. Which, admittedly, was the most interesting part.

"[* Prizes
You're all a bunch of greedy jerks, aren't you?
Because I apparently need to include that stuff.

[* 1st - 300KS + 1 Alonia Pet of your CHOICE!

[* 2nd - 250KS + 1 Wild Pet of your CHOICE!

[* 3rd - 200KS + 1 Elder Kuhna OR 1 Ancient Kuhna of your CHOICE!"

"Well?" Sol asked eventually, getting impatient. "If you want to register, just fill out those papers, and stuff," he added, giving the fighters even more papers. However, they were relieved to see that those papers were clean and well-written.

Now, are you ready to behold a solar eclipse?
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: [* Summer Tournament

Postby Jaykobell » 07/22/2010 5:32 PM

[* Match Set-Up:.

[* Round 1:.
haunting-ur-nightmares
Celtic

[* Round 2:.
Jessari
MillietheWarrior

[* Round 3:.
rayquaza7996

Freezair

[* Round 4:.
Pickle

GrayGriffin
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 07/22/2010 5:43 PM

Leer Joseson
Species: Clockwork Bleeder (T+1)
Size: 3' long.
Element: Dark, Metal
Diet: Hematophagous
Level: 14
Offense: 16
Defense: 19
Precision: 15
Endurance: 44+2 from Fame
Speed: 19
Fame: 13
Battle Traits: Freezing Touch, Spectral Strike, Spiked Body, Metal Plating, Guerrilla Fighter, Stoneblood, Carapace Shield, Tough Hide
Physical: Hulking Figure

Leer grinned. He'd heard Curse would be here, but the snake had fled. What a pansy. Oro had bothered him into coming; he's listen. Leer needed some respect from his fellows, after all, being leader of a Mafia-like organization of Bleeders and their partners.

"Sorry for the late entry. I'm Leer Joseson, entering, your forms have been filled out." He beeped and then hissed in annoyance, hating his robotic parts almost as much as he hated the bulletproof steel inside his very skin.

You've been known to obsess over the future,

Do you think you'll get away from the past?

As you starve yourself just to make it through to midnight,

Consider what you might have found.

You think you've got a good thing now?
Ludo - Topeka

.:Pen:. .:Clickables:. .:Wishlist:. .:Journal:. .:Characters:.
rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 43
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/22/2010 5:44 PM

Laroo was a little hesitant about  coming here. Dusty, on the other hand, seemed excited. “Come on, ‘Roo!” It’ll be fun.” He wasn’t exactly bouncing with joy, but the thrill of battle was in his eyes. He guided her along, a hand on her massive crystalline shoulder. She hesitantly walked towards the sign-up sheets, and watched quietly as Dusty filled out her form. He glanced up at her. “Don’t you worry, darlin’. You’ll do just fine. You show ‘em who’s boss. I got faith in you.” He patted her shoulder gently, and Laroo smiled, nervousness gone as her tail twitched in anticipation. Dusty was right; this would be fun!

Name: Laroo
Species: Common Hunter
Level: 15
Offense: 29/100
Defense: 32/100
Precision: 27/40
Endurance: 48/100
Speed: 25/100
Fame: 17/40
Element: Ice
Passive Traits: Extended Life Span, Fearless, Spiritbond
Battle Traits: Spiked Body
Social: Defender, Independent, Track Cover
Physical: Dash, Evasive, Night Vision, Extended Life Span (1)
Personality: Focused, Polygraph, Intellectual, Fearless
Magic: Dispel Illusion, Spirit Sense, Lifesense, Create Illusion, Spiritbond
Healing: First Aid, War Medic, Disease Immunity
Battle: Combat Endurance, Extended Claws, Puncture, Spiked Body, Frost
Acclimation: Plains Dweller, Forest Dweller

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Remedy » 07/22/2010 5:51 PM

Fire's attention was caught by a red Ancient.  He walked over and said, "Uh, sure.  Fighting?  Sounds cool.  Sign me up!" He grinned, flashing a white row of teeth and feline fangs.  A battle was just the kind of interesting thing that he needed.  He looked around to see if anyone else was signing up, eager to see who he might be up against.  "Oh, uh... I'm Fire, by the way." he added, knowing that the kuhna would probably need his name for this.

Stats:
Level: 14

Offense: 21
Precision: 12
Endurance: 33
Speed: 21
Fame: 34
Battle Traits: Flame Resistant, Inferno, Pyro, Extended Claws, Lunge, Diehard((Traits in [color=#800000]red have been added on))

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/22/2010 5:52 PM

Name: Cuddles
Level: 11
Element: Metal
Diet: Electrivore
Offense: 23
Defense: 18
Precision: 19
Endurance: 19
Speed: 21
Fame: 18
Battle Traits: Combat Endurance, Lunge, Metal Plating, Blade, Stoneblood, Bomber, Sonic Waves

Now this was more like it! With a ferocious glint in her eye, the Rabbot looked like the kind of person who would do well here. Her grimace was nasty as she swiped a pen straight from the hand of another signupper. She clearly belonged here in some fashion or another.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Jessari » 07/22/2010 6:18 PM

((sorry for the sucky post! I'm about to leave the house. >.< ))

A brisk wind blew up, depositing a cheerful little Neuleef upon the ground. He squiddled up to the registrar and shouted, "I wanna fight too!" Picking up the pen to sign his name, a look of intense concentration crossed his face. With his tongue sticking out from between his lips, he wrote something that looked like an artistic scribble.

Ilex
Total Stats:
Size: Tiny (under 2')
Diet: Photosynthesis
Element: Earth
Level: 15
Offense: 18
Defense: 15
Precision: 21
Endurance: 27
Speed: 46
Fame: 19
Passive Traits: Forest Dweller, Hover
Battle Traits: Elusive Foe
Passive Traits (Added): Chaotic Mind, Fearless, Aerodynamic, Evasive, Tree Climber
Battle Traits (Added): Entangling Roots, Ray, Toxin, Spiked Body
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/22/2010 6:36 PM

Name: Grapeshot
Species: Malphas
Level 8
Element: Ice
Diet: Animavore/Carnivore
Offense: 16
Defense: 11
Precision: 21
Endurance: 13
Speed: 15
Fame: 10
Battle Traits: Blizzard, Constrict

The large creature approached the desk, feeling oddly angry at the man. Why was he so grumpy? Why couldn't he let others enjoy this tournament? Whatever-he wanted a chance to fight, and he was getting it. He knew Skull wouldn't approve, but he couldn't just give up this opportunity! He had been sitting at home for too long. He'd gotten soft, he knew it. He had to prove his strength once more!

[37]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/22/2010 6:45 PM

Name: Nye
Type: Purine Gyrraptor
Level/Posts: 6  
Diet: Carnivore
Offense: 14
Defense: 17
Precision: 13
Speed: 11
Passive Traits: Dash, Defender, Forest Dweller, Jungle Dweller
Battle Traits: Extended Claws
Plot: The Imperial/Purine War (2007)
Alliance: Purine

The Purine Gyrraptor jogged up to the table, chirping slightly as she tilted her head and looked at the sign up sheet. What was she thinking? She wasn't going to win this, and yet she was still here. She grabbed the pen and scribbled down all that was needed to enter. She put the pen back and rubbed her hands together, she was so nervous.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/22/2010 7:04 PM

Name: Sparky
Species: Male Lucain (M)
Level: 12
Offense: 30
Defense:  19
Precision: 34
Endurance: 20
Speed: 23
Fame: 22
Passive Traits: Disciplined, Pure Soul
(Added Ones:)
Battle Traits: Fissure, Entangling Roots, Extended Claws, Stone Blood
Acclimation Forest Dweller, City Dweller
Healing War Medic, First Aid
Magic Dispel Illusion, Lifesense, Spirit Sense
Personality Perceptive, Poly Graph, Focused
Physical Dash, Keen Hearing, Keen Scent
Social Defender, Tracker

Well he wasn't technically a fighter, not yet anyways, but oh he could give it a try, after all he had been like tons of places so far, so he shouldn't be like that terrible at it. Still, he accepted the offer with a nod, the best he could do since Sparky couldn't speak or mind speak or whatever. But he was slowly learning on how to respond to things so that others could generally understand him. Though Sparky was a tad nervous. He knew that since he was not experienced odds weren't in his favor, still though, how hard could it be after like the first few minutes?

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

[2]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/23/2010 2:48 AM

Well, he had to admit he was surprised. He'd gathered a bunch of fighters in a fairly small time span. Well, if anything, he would enjoy watching those beating the living heck out of each other. It would like watching a show on television about spartans and gladiators... The only difference would be... Well, those guys aren't gladiators. But hey, he could be surprised. Maybe this tournament would end up being worthy of a horror movie, hahah!

He scanned through the registration sheets, not really paying any mind to the pets themselves. He shuffled them together, ripping the pages and ruining the registration sheets, pretty much just ripping the names and shuffling them together. It seemed to be trial and error here, clearly showing you that he was improvising as he went.

When everything was done and over with, he wrote something on a new sheet of paper, and he showed it to the fighters once he was done. It was done in awful handwriting again, but at least he'd left out those weird comments. "Here's the grid. Keep to it," he explained, pointing at every round, one through four. "Winner from round 1 goes to fight with the winner from round 2. So on and so forth." With that said, he put the sheet back on that desk and turned back around. "'Kay, so. haunting-ur-nightmares's Nye and Celtic's Sparky, get in there. Good luck, and all that stuff."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/23/2010 4:52 PM

Sparky didn't know what to do, he never expected to be the first one called! Oh heavens no! In fact he was more of praying to be like last so he'd know what the heck he was going to do in the fastest way possible so he didn't have to think about hurting someone else for a long time! Sniffles. Sparky really really hated having to hurt anyone, unintentionally so hurting someone intentionally was on the verge of killing him. But he was going to get through this. Yes he was! D:< He would just have to suck it up and take one for the team. What team he had no idea, but Celtic said it was important. So therefore it must be. And besides, its not like he was going to kill someone! ....Right? Sparky shook his head slightly trying to clear away that thought. It was a bad thought that would most likely cause him to turn right around and give up. SOmething that probably wouldn't be taken very well by anyone.

So, with his head held up kinda high, Sparky entered the arena, something he hoped that he was supposed to do. Fingers crossed that this whole thing ended smoothly and quickly.

Name: Sparky
Species: Male Lucain (M)
Offense: 30
Defense:  19
Endurance: 20
Passive Traits: Disciplined, Pure Soul
(Added Ones:)
Battle Traits: Fissure, Entangling Roots, Extended Claws, Stone Blood

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 07/24/2010 1:18 AM

Name: Nye
Type: Purine Gyrraptor
Level/Posts: 6  
Offense: 14
Passive Traits: Dash, Defender, Forest Dweller, Jungle Dweller
Battle Traits: Extended Claws
Plot: The Imperial/Purine War (2007)
Alliance: Purine

Nye stood up suddenly, she was called to go first? She chirped nervously as she started to approach. She had never battled before, and was hoping to get to see a battle before she had to be put in. She jogged slowly, her hips bouncing up and down. She was so worried, even the person she was facing was stronger than her. She sighed, there was no way she was going to win. But she sat up and took a deep breath. She'd never know if she didn't try. She chirped and nodded, she was going to do this! She stepped into the area and looked around. Her head turning left and right quickly. She was going to face a Lucain? She gulped hard, her confidence fading fast. But she took another deep breath and prepared herself for whatever might happen.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 07/24/2010 2:26 AM

[* Celtic's Sparky:.
Offense: 34 (+4 Extended Claws)
Endurance: 24 (+4 from Fame)

Spiked Body - +2 damage when opponent hits the pet.
Fissure - +5 Earth damage; must be stated in post, once per battle, hit or miss.
Entangling Roots - Opponent is unable to move; opponent must roll a successful attack roll to escape.
Stone Blood - -3 damage from opponent damage.

[* haunting-ur-nightmares's Nye:.
Level: 6
Offense: 18 (+4 Extended Claws)
Endurance: 21 (+2 from Fame)

Sparky attacks first.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 07/25/2010 1:10 PM

Eek D8; Sparky was facing this cool looking thing, but if his memory served him right it was something from the war. Which meant it most likely had experience, which meant he had a little less chance of winning, but hopefully he was the stronger one, after all Celtic had said that he would have a good chance, right? Right. Steeling himself for the battle, Sparky took the first move, something he didn't want to do but it was going to happen anyways so might as well try to go for an advantage.

The lucain dashed across the arena, his claws and teeth ready to go. It seemed to take forever to reach his opponent but when he was almost there it seemed to happen all to fast. Instinct took over then and he lunged, his claws spread and ready to scratch his opponent.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate