If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

You Never Go Wrong with Flowers [P, Fire]

Postby clackno1 » 08/29/2010 4:09 PM

Great, now he was having doubts. But weren't doubts normal on a first date? If you could really call it that. A casual get-together maybe, but a date? It's not like he was dressed up. Kal was the one that had convinced him it was a date after he'd gotten up the courage to actually pick up the phone and dial her number. He'd told her it was a surprise because he hadn't actually figured out what they were going to do at the time. Of course he had a plan after a few ideas from Kal. The idea had actually come from Kal, Mitch had just filled in the details. He didn't know her that well and didn't have a good idea of what she liked to do, except ice skate, which had been the most obvious answer. He did have the rink to himself after hours, so why not make it useful? The actual owner was a buddy from the team, Mitch just had the spare key. It wasn't like he was using it for a party, just a date. Ugh, now he was back to the date thing again.

Mitch kicked a small pebble on the sidewalk. He was standing at the corner of two streets where he'd asked her to meet him. It was early evening, around five-thirty. Still a good two or three hours until the sun set. Tourists were still wandering around, it was public. He didn't really want to scare her, they barely knew each other after all. Mitch wasn't a bad guy, far from it. She didn't know that, though. He fingered the ice blue carnation he held behind his back and glanced down at the drawstring bag at his feet. Kal's idea, again. Flowers and food. Well, cake. Mitch wasn't that good at the dating thing, all the girls he'd ever known were flaky and shallow. It wasn't his fault he'd never found a decent girl before. He resisted the urge to look at his watch again, already knowing it was maybe two minutes more than the last time he'd looked. he took a deep breathe and reassured himself. It was going to be fine. Hopefully.

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Re: You Never Go Wrong with Flowers [P, Fire]

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2010 4:38 PM

Kinasha had tried her best to listen to Freewind's advice, but she was still a little bit of a nervous wreck.  Freewind had insisted on doing her hair, which was now curled to excentuate her silver highlights, and her nails, which were painted silver.  She was also wearing a dress--a dress, for god's sakes!  She did not, however, allow Freewind to take her skates from her.

She'd remembered her heart racing when she'd seen Mitch's number on her caller ID, and she remembered it racing even faster when he asked if she'd meet him at the rink he had to himself after hours.  Right now?  She was just trying to keep her head straight as she spotted him.  It took most of her willpower to walk at a normal pace towards him, offering a smile.

"'ey, Mitch," she said.

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

3.0 2/5

Postby clackno1 » 08/29/2010 5:22 PM

Mitch, lost in his own little world of worries, jumped a little when he heard his name being called. Not because it surprised him, no. He jumped when his name was called because it was her calling his name. If it had been anyone else he would have just looked up like any sane person. He didn't enjoy the fact that his hands started to shake a little when he saw her walking toward him. He held his hands so tightly to stop them from shaking he almost forgot he was holding the flower.

"Kina, hey." he smiled after the initial surprise. Mitch was actually grateful one of his job requirements was having a nice smile. "You look nice." she did look nice. Very nice. Incredibly nice. Mitch actual felt slightly under-dressed in jeans and a shirt. He did have his leather jacket in case it got cold. Remembering the flower, he brought out from behind his back and held it out. At least his hands weren't shaking anymore.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/30/2010 11:09 AM

Kinasha blushed as she said, "Tried to leave in just normal street clothes, but Freewind wouldn't have it.  Said that I needed to be... 'spruced up' a little.  Why she felt like that is completely beyond me... but thank you."

She was trying her best to keep her head level as she said this.  Freewind was what she called a "hopeless romantic", and as soon as she had announced that she was going to be meeting Mitch, she instantly began preparing her for a date.  So here she was, one of the best short track skaters on the team, and she was wearing a dress that she could not race in.

Her hand extended a little unsurely as Mitch held the flower out to her.  "I-it's beautiful, Mitch," she said, gingerly taking the ice-blue carnation.  "I've never seen them in this color before..."

[1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

3.1 3/5

Postby clackno1 » 08/30/2010 2:39 PM

He'd have to remember to thank Freewind for that later. Kinasha did look amazing. Mitch was glad Kal hadn't tried to touch his clothes. His closest was one thing Mitch tended to keep to himself. Kal had hung over his shoulder for just about everything else, though.

Mitch shrugged, silently thanking Kal for the idea. "Me neither. It was the last one, too." when Kal had said flowers Mitch had thought roses. That was what you usually got a girl when you got her flowers. Kal had said carnations and even knew the address of the florists. Who knew the guy knew so much about dating?

"Um, shall we go? The rink's only a short walk that way." he said, motioning down the street.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/06/2010 8:32 PM

Kinasha could feel herself blush slightly as she gently tucked the carnation behind her ear, offering a small smile as she picked up her skating bag, knowing that she would need to put the carnation aside soon enough.  She was probably going to be putting her helmet on sooner or later, because she was just so used to wearing it whenever she skated.

"Sure," she said, brushing some of her hair back over her shoulder.

[1.6]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

3.2 4/5

Postby clackno1 » 09/07/2010 3:11 PM

He saw her blush a lovely shade of pink and smiled to himself. That was probably a good thing, but then again one of the girls on his team always hit him when he managed to make her blush. Kina didn't look like she was going to do him any physical harm anytime soon, though.

The rink was only a short walk away, as Mitch had said. When they got to the doors he fumbled for the key in his pocket and quickly unlocked the door. It was dark inside, and when he turned on the lights there was a small lobby with the rink beyond. "You have skates, right?" he asked. If she didn't he could always break into the back where they held the skates for rentals.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate