If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

It Smells Like Rotten Fish... [P]

Postby Remedy » 09/06/2010 9:32 PM

Ayla waddled down the streets of Jawan.  She had to move quickly to dodge the muddy boots of passing fisherman, which became a bit tiring after a while.  She scrambled over behind a crate to rest and almost screamed when she saw a pile of fish.  "You know… when I first decided to come here, this is definitely not what I expected to see…" she mumbled.  Where was the beautiful coast?  Where was that fresh ocean smell?  Where was the calming sound of waves?
From what she could tell, Ayla was in the middle of the city and had no idea which way the coast was.  All she could smell were dead fish and all she could see were big fisherman, and she was beginning to regret ever coming.  Hopefully things would be a lot nicer when she at least caught a glimpse of that seaside view.  So far she wasn’t having a good time at all…
Ayla decided to get a higher view of the area, so maybe she could find her way out of this particularly busy area.  She climbed on top of the crate with difficulty, keeping her distance from the dead fish.  When she got on top, though,  her view was still as bad as it was on the ground.  She huffed.  ”If only I were taller…” she said sadly.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Re: It Smells Like Rotten Fish... [P]

Postby SpringsSong » 09/07/2010 9:21 AM

A slightly devious smirk came onto the Falleef's face as he flittered into the city, already knowing exactly what to expect--disappointment.  After all, a city could be so different from the point of view of someone that was a Paragon who was twenty-five feet tall and someone who was literally just a leaf.  However, being "just a leaf" added to Belran's advantages in the area he had the most expertise in.

Wait until they're distracted... she's sure to drop that necklace once she realizes who gave it to her... she'll drop it, I'll grab it and run before they even knew what hit them, he thought, calculating the movements in his mind.  She seemed like a quick one, so he'd have to do this right the first time and remain unseen.  If only he could turn invisible...

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Remedy » 09/08/2010 11:07 PM

Ayla bounced up and down and squinted, trying to see past the feet of all the people running around.  All she could see were muddy boots and dead fish, but once or twice she caught a glimpse of another leaf - a Falleef.  She bounced around excitedly, hoping he would be able to help her out.  

"Hey!  Hey!" she called over, fluttering her wings excitedly.  "HEY!  Falleef!  You!  Can you help me?" she asked.  Ayla was known for being a bit really annoying at times, even if she didn't intend to.  She continued bouncing around and making a lot of racket, trying too get the Falleef's attention.  

Finally, a fisherman passing by swung around, thinking he heard someone calling.  When he swung around, though, the fish in his hand hit Ayla square in the face, sending her flying off of the crate and into the pile of dead fish behind her.  "Ewww..." she said, making a face.  The fisherman shrugged, thinking he had imagined the noise, and he continued walking as if nothing had happened.  How rude... she thought, getting up and scrambling to get out of the pile.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate