If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Some Very Special Someones[P Me and Freeze]

Postby AuroraSky » 10/18/2010 3:50 PM

ImageImage

[Both in human form]

"Why am I here again?"

"Because I'm nervous. Plus you have a wide range of male companions and so I wanted your opinion on them!"

"...Don't say companions. You make it sound like I'm some sort of a prostitute or something."

Ashley rolled her eyes and held the cafe door open for her very dramatic friend, who had a very displeased look on her face. As they stepped foot inside, Veronica's hands immediately flew up to rub roughly against her arms and she shivered a bit, regretting ever wearing her simple, white tank top. Then again she did not expect Ashley to take her to one of the coldest places in all of Jawan. She turned and gave her close friend a very displeased look. "I missed a football game for this. I was all set and ready to go but because I'm such a great friend, here I am."

Ashley sighed and wrapped her arms around Veronica, trying her best to keep her warm. "I know, I know. And you're amazing, believe me. I'm just...he's different, Ronnie. And I really like him." Veronica looked away in guilt, knowing how much this Berger guy must be for Ashley to open up slightly to him.

"Alright. I'll behave. Let's go get a table, okay?"

Ashley smiled and kissed Veronica's cheek before speeding off to reserve a table.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Re: Some Very Special Someones[P Me and Freeze]

Postby Freezair » 10/18/2010 9:15 PM

Bergamot

ImageImageImage
Kane---------Rosie---------Peaches

Bergamot couldn't decide if Kane was conspicuous or inconspicuous. Everyone knew that some Lucain had human forms, right? So an ordinary Lucain with several very human-looking people could very well be a family. Still, Kane was... <i>Kane.</i> He was a chubby, middle-aged Lucain with thinning fur and the scent of candy everywhere about them. He walked beside Bergamot proudly, while his daughter and grandson--dressed in human forms like Bergamot himself--walked behind him.

"So!" Kane's voice was a wink. "This friend o' yours... She purty? Eh? Eh? Nice voice, maybe?"

"Grampaw..." Bergamot rolled his eyes. "I'm nervous enough as it is! Cut it out!"

"Aww, just joshin' ya, kiddo. Ya know Ah cain't wait ter meet yer friend! She sounds nicer 'n' Nabias in spring!"

"Paw's right!" Rosie added. "Ya know we're all just itchin' ter meet her!"

"What's she look like, anyway?" Peaches asked.

"Well, she's... you know... Well... I do suppose... Ah, good-looking, I think."

"You 'think?'" Peaches chuckled. "Yeah, you've got it pretty bad, I'd say."

"Dad!"

"Oh, quiet. C'mon. Let's go find your friend."

[83, 96, 41, 26]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/19/2010 3:13 PM

"So when does Berger get here?"

Ashley gave her an semi-angry look and twirled the straw in her drink, the ice clanking as it hit the sides of the glass. "His name isn't Berger, Ronnie. His name is Bergamot." She said with a smile, looking down at the menus. "And I have no idea. Hopefully soon..." Her voice trailed away.

Ronnie stared hard at her friend for a few moments and shook her head in wonder. A grin was spreading on her face as she realized how badly Ashley had been bitten by the love bug. Cheesy, yes, but true. Ronnie however was not going to accept Ashley's little friend so easily. The Lucain was so easily broken, and she wasn't taking any chances. He would have to pass her little "tests" or else she would fail him and send Ashley along her little way.

Ronnie turned around and watched the front door, finally spotting a group of...er...peculiar looking Lucain standing and talking. And something told her the leader of the pack might be Ashley's new found lover.

Huh.

[24][2]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/19/2010 9:07 PM

"Oh! There she is!" Bergamot stood up on his tiptoes, waving his hand above the crowd. "Ashley! Ashley! It's me! I'm here! Over here! Ashley!" He bounced on the balls of his feet, waving his hand so fervently he accidentally knocked off his magic monocle.

Rosie took ahold of his hand and gently returned it to his side. She lifted his monocle and placed it back in front of his face, where its enchantment let it hover. "Ah think they heard ya loud 'n' clear, sweets," the curly redhead said. She pushed his freckled nose affectionately. "Well! Don't jus' stand there, hon, git on 'n' introduce us!"

Peaches grinned at him slyly, standing beside his mother. Blushing, Bergamot stumbled through the crowd. Ashley had indeed brought a friend with her, from the looks of it. Bergamot wasn't sure he liked the way she was looking at him--it felt like she had plans. Scary. Bergamot swallowed and waved.

"Ah... Hello again, Ashley. P-p-pleasure to see you..."

[84, 97, 42, 27]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/20/2010 2:56 PM

Ashley jumped as the familiar voice rang in her ears, and hurriedly stood. As she did so, her hand knocked a glass of water but before it could spill Ronnie expertly grabbed it with a sigh. Football had done wonders for her reflexes, eh? Ashley blushed and covered her hands with her mouth in shock and Ronnie rolled her eyes, turning her flustered friend to the male.

"He was saying hi. So you say..."

"Hello Bergamot!" Ashley said, looking down and tracing a circle with her foot. His family stood proudly behind him and Ashley couldn't help but feel intimidated. Ronnie however, was not going to sit around bored all day. She pushed her companion aside and held out her hand, icy eyes watching Bergamot intently.

"Veronica. And you are?"

[25][3]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/20/2010 8:17 PM

"H-h-hi, Vernoica. Vericona. Veronica. I'm Berg--"

"Well howdy there, hon!" Rosie pushed her way past Bergamot and thrust her hand toward Ashley. "Gotta say, it's a pleasure meetin' y'all! I'm Rosie, rel-a-teev of Bergy's; ya must be Ashley! Bergy didn't mention yer friend, but Ah bet she's nice as ya!" Rosie swapped sides. "Rosie Peppermint, mechanic! Veronica, ya said?"

"Hey, now, don't y'all forget me!" Kane nosed his way past his daughter. He tried his best to look dignified from his quadrupedal position as he looked up at Ashley. "Kane Peppermint! Greetin's, miss! Ain't got a hand, but Ah learned ter 'shake,' iffin' you please! Bit of a new trick fer me." He giggled at his own private joke.

Gingerly, Peaches put a hand on Rosie's shoulder. "Ah... mom? Maybe we shouldn't frighten Bergamot's friends. Just a thought."

[85, 98, 43, 28]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/21/2010 4:24 PM

Both jaws dropped.

"Thank you for bringing me."

"Shut up." Ashley forced a smile as the pink and white Lucain's...Rosie was it?...outburst. Well she certainly was colorful now wasn't she? In more ways than one. Ashley took a deep breath, not sure how to react. After a few cautious but quick moments, Ashley took Rosie's hand in hers, shaking slowly. Veronica, however, was still struck dumb. Man, these people were different than those at the Gardens.

"Er...it's nice to meet you too Miss Rosie. And Mr...Kane was it?" Ashley said, her shyness slowly setting in. She nudged Veronica forward. "Ronnie? Won't you say hello to the nice people?"

"...Hi. And yeah it is Veronica. So...you're Berger's family?"

"Bergamot."

"But you can use Berger as a pet name."

Ashley blushed wildly and looked away, now wishing she had left her friend at home. But what was done was done, and after meeting the Peppermint's Ronnie wasn't going to leave now.

[26][4]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/22/2010 1:24 AM

Bergamot's back suddenly stiffed. "Ah--if you're going to shorten it, I usually go by Bergy."

"Used ter call 'im Icebergy when he was a midge," Rosie added. Bergamot blushed.

Peaches brushed back his sandy hair and stuck out his hand toward Veronica and Ashley. "Uh... whichever of you wants to shake first can. I'm Peaches; I'm Bergamot's dad. Nice to meet you. Sorry if I don't say much--I'm not, like, a really social person or anything."

"Kane's right as rain!" Kane said to Ashley. "And it is a pleasure meetin' such a cute li'l lady such as yourself!--An' Ah say that in an uncle kinda way miss, so don't you go worryin'! Ah'm not th' kin' o' man who goes round snappin' at young little misses!"

[86, 99, 44, 29]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/22/2010 3:15 PM

Touchy. Veronica though at his sudden stiffness. Then again, if someone had thought of some lame and embarrassing name for her, she would probably rip off their skin. "Bergy? That's just adorable." She said teasingly. And of course as Rosie said her little pet name for Ashley's crush, Veronica had to try hard to stifle the laughter. "Icebergy. Now that Ashley, that is a keeper."

"Ronnie please. I believe Bergamot would like us to call him by that name." She sighed and looked apologetically at her male friend. "You'll have to excuse Ronnie, she's still a bit bitter after I pulled her out of a football game."

"Hey hey, I'm not bitter. Just..." Her voice trailed away and she shrugged. She looked at Peaches' outstretched hand and paused for a second, immediately deciding she liked him the most. The man was more tame.

"Veronica." She said, shaking it. "And your Bergamot's father? You look pretty young to be a dad."

"Veronica."

"What? It's a compliment!"

Ashley was going to retort when Kane started speaking to her in a thick accent. She jumped and gulped, turning her attention towards him. All of those compliments were causing her to blush, and she sighed. "Thank you." She said, her voice barely above a whisper.

She brushed back a piece of hair and casually snuck a glance at Bergamot. He looked so attractive today...oh dear, another blush.

[27][5]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/24/2010 2:56 PM

"Bergamot or Bergy will be fine," Bergamot said, somewhat more assertively. "Either or, please."

Peaches took Veronica's hand and gave it a good shake. He glided on past her comment. "Yeah, well." Peaches twisted his finger around in his hair. "We're Lucain. Grow up quickly, you know? That's just how it is. Kane's really the only one of us here who's done a significant amount of living in his life, as it were."

"But ain't it a thang to be young!" Kane laughed out loud. "You're all sweeter'n' candy, y'all are!"

Rosie patted Ashley on the back. "What do y'all say we go sit down now an' order up some grub?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/31/2010 7:03 PM

Ashley growled at Ronnie softly at her attitude towards Bergamot, and the other female quickly shut her mouth. She didn't feel like taking the wrath of Ashley right now, especially when there's was so much fun to be had with the rest of the family. Ronnie smiled.

"Sitting sounds like a great idea Rosia. I'm starved! And I have so many questions!"

Ashley gently, but firmly, shoved Ronnie into a chair and slid in the booth beside her, patting a spot for Bergamot. Hopefully she could keep the peace if her "special" friend and Ronnie by being the bridge to stop the war.

"I'm sorry for Ronnie's behavior. She's just a bit...childish." Ashley whispered to Bergamot.

[28][6]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/01/2010 2:13 AM

Bergamot whispered back. "It's OK. I have a cousin named Aiko who's every bit as bad. My dad's pretty much the only person who gets along with her, and to everybody else--including me--she's awful. Bet she and Ronnie would be good friends..."

Rosie sat down loudly, with a clattering chair. "Alrighty! Now, how's a girl go about gittin' a waiter in a place like this? Ya don't gotta holler, do you?"

"Calm down, Mom," Peaches groaned. "I'm sure they'll send somebody soon."

Kane looked at the chair. He circled around it with a bedeviled face. ""Hmmm. Now what's the righ' thing fer a feller like me ter do? Git up, or stay down? Sure hope the management ain't got a 'no pets' policy,' he chuckled to himself.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 11/01/2010 3:08 PM

"Ugh, I wish. But Ronnie has this thing were she befriends all of these boys and then only a few girls. She's what you would call a..." Ashley nudged Veronica, who simply raised her eyebrows in reply. "What are you again?"

"...A girl?"

"No, no I know that! But your like half of a boy?"

Veronica slapped her palm to her forehead and then slapped Ashley on the back of her head, eliciting a squeal. "It's a tom boy, idiot."

"OW! All you had to do was say so!" Ashley exclaimed, smoothing down her ruffled gradient hair. Veronica rolled her eyes and grabbed a menu, quickly flipping through it as Ashley continued to scowl. Finally deciding she was making no effect on the violent female, Ashley turned her attention back to Bergamot. "Sorry again...we have a very interesting relationship."

"Love and hate."

"I don't hate you!"

"...Then this is sort of awkward." This time Veronica received the slap. "Anyways  Bergamot, Veronica is a a tom boy. It's a weird thing to be if you ask me."

[29][7]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/01/2010 7:39 PM

"Y'know what Ah think is weird?" Kane put in. "The word 'tomboy.' Why Tom? There's a gazillion diff'rint names fer boys, and they go with 'Tom!' Where Ah grew up, we'd say 'wild colt.' As in, 'She's such a wild colt, always playin' poker with th'boys on Friday night.' Ah like it better! Sounds more... romantic. An' why ain't there a male version? 'Course, they'd probably give it some silly name like 'sallyfella.' Maybe somethin' like 'lamb.' 'Cuz a lamb is nice, ain't it? Ah reckon Ah'm a bit of a lamb--Ah like cookin' an' Ah always cry at romance movies."

"Awww, ain't nothin' wrong with tomboys," Rosie put in. "Ah'm one m'self. Ah'm a mechanic! Ah fix machines when they go wrong! That's manly, ain't it?"

"Here they go again..." Peaches rolled his eyes. "Sorry for the trouble, Veronica..."

"--If you ask me!" Bergamot cut in, suddenly emboldened. "I think it's best to have a mixture of masculine and feminine traits. Why can't someone be both strong and kind? Brave and loving? I think the world would be a sight better off."

[89, 102, 47, 32]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 11/02/2010 8:54 AM

Veronica started to blush at the immediate conversation. Kane was certainly an interesting character..."I...have actually never really given any thought to that Mr. Kane. Maybe it's because a tom is a boy cat and people are crazy?" She tried, looking desperately around for the waitress. Something to clear her throat would be wonderful right now.

When Peaches spoke, her eyes were immediately on him. He seemed pretty interesting, the type of guy she would normally be good friends with. "Oh it's er...no problem. Waitress?" She called. A woman with a pen noticed them and started bustling over. Thank god.

Ashley however, was feeling a little left out at Bergamot's words. She was neither strong nor brave. "I can be strong and brave too, I guess..." Her voice trailed off on her little lie and she noticed she was talking barely above a whisper.

[30][8]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer