If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Re: Some Very Special Someones[P Me and Freeze]

Postby Freezair » 11/02/2010 2:21 PM

"Hoo lawdy! Crazy is one I'll buy!" Kane laughed. "Ahh, now lookie here. Here comes the waitness! Time to figgur out what Ah'm gonna chow down on! Hmm..."

"I think I'll just have an omelette," Bergamot said. To Ashley, he whispered, "It's OK. Neither am I. We're both cowardly weaklings. ...More offense ment to myself than you," he quickly added.

"Omelette sounds mighty fine," Rosie said. "An' Ah think Ah'll have some hash browns to go with it!"

"I'm just gonna get a sandwich," Peaches said. "Hope the BLT here is good."

[90, 103, 48, 33]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 11/03/2010 3:13 PM

Ashley smiled in satisfaction and gently unfolded her utensils, placing the napkin across her lap in the most lady-like of fashions. She cleared her throat a little, not to draw any attention for an announcement, and prepared herself for the appetizer. "You know Bergamot they have these wonderful fried cheese sticks here." She said shyly, trying to strike up some conversation. "People come from all over to try them."

"That's why the obesity rate is so high." Veronica added with a smile. Ashley gave her a look, which she ignored as the waitress looked at her for the order. "Bacon Cheesburger, no pickles or onions." She said with a smile.

"And I'll have a Caesar salad with light dressing? And a cup of tea would be lovely, please?" Ashley said quietly, avoiding Veronica's accusing gaze. "Er...so Mr. Kane, Bergamot says you run a candy shop. That must be so fascinating!" Ashley continued.

Veronica however, was not as interested in candy as Ashley was pretending to be. "So...Peaches, is it? What do you do?"

[31][9]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/04/2010 2:39 PM

Inside his head, Bergamot grumbled to himself. Well, it's a bit hypocritical to complain about being fat and then order something so fattening for herself! You know, I'm not sure I entirely like this "Veronica." Well, better not complain--I wouldn't want Ashley angry at me. "Ah, you know, sounds lovely, but--personally, as far as appetizers go, I like the looks of those baked ravioli. Look a bit like little dumplings, don't they?"

"Sounds fan-tas-teek!" Rosie said ethusiastically. "Why don'tcha tell the waiter to throw a coupla those down fer us?"

"Ah--sure," Bergamot agreed. "I think I'll get green peppers in my omelette... Ooh, or tomatoes looks good!"

Kane turned toward Ashley cheerfully. "Hoo boy, you bet it is! Ain't nobody in the world gotta better job'n Ah do! Ain't no feelin' like seein' a little kid slurp up on somethin' you made and seein' 'em smiling ear-ter-ear 'cuz of it! And the smell! Ain't never smell bad in mah house, no sirree!"

Peaches looked at Veronica airily. "Ah. Currently, I am working in the the shop while I go to school. I'm going to be in relationship counciling, but for now I am a... shall we say, maitenance and janitorial expert?"

"He mops the floors," Rosie said with a teasing elbow to his side.

"Mooom..."

[91, 104, 49, 34]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 11/07/2010 6:09 PM

The waitress wrote down their orders quickly and disappeared in a few seconds.

What was that look? Ronnie thought. She wasn't sure, but she might have seen a look of disapproval on Bergamot's face as she ordered her food. Well what was that all about? So what if she wanted a burger? Did he think that she was fat or something? She couldn't help but self-consciously look down at her stomach and frown a little. Maybe she was getting a bit pudgy. It was then Veronica realized that she was in a conversation with Peaches, and he was speaking. Her head snapped up.

"Relationship counseling? That's different." She smiled at Rosie. "Janitor, huh? Can't say I disapprove. Whatever gets the bills pays, eh?" She took a sip of her water.

Ashley meanwhile, was in a very engaging conversation with Mr. Kane, who sort of frightened yet intrigued her. "Wow, I couldn't even imagine. I love children so very much, that's why I would love to train to be a pediatrician. I love doing things with herbs. In fact, Bergamot and I met as a Herbalist Convention." She couldn't help but blush as she spoke his name.

[32][10]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/08/2010 6:03 PM

((Sorry I am being such a slug-butt about replying. I have a TON of work to do right now... real life is eating me. T_T))

"Oh yes," Kane agreed with Ashley. "Bergy told us all about that, he did. Cain't say Ah disapprove. Doctor's a thing to be! Helpin' people... Ah must say, t'you as a future doc, Ah gotta apologize. What Ah'm makin' cain't be very good fer their teeth! But... sugar-free... it jus' don't taste the same, y'know?"

"Oh! That reminds me." Bergamot looked at Kane. "I brought you a gift, Ashley. I don't know if you remembered this, but..."

Bergamot reached into his pocket. He placed a small, wrapped box on the table.

I hope she remembers how much I like dark chocolate, he thought. And I sure hope she likes it, too. Some people don't like dark chocolate because of its bitterness, but Kane... Kane's is special. It's so rich and elegant, you'll never notice the bitter. I really hope she does like it! He looked at her intently.

Rosie looked between Veronica and Peaches, and then Bergamot and Veronica. She squirmed in her feet. She had the funny feeling something might need to be defused. And soon.

"Uh--yeah! But Peaches don't mind s'long as we pay him? Yer right, bills an' all."

"Uh... Sure, Mom." Peaches looked strangely at her.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 11/12/2010 3:20 PM

((No worries Freez, I have no room to talk ^^))

"Thank you." Ashley beamed. "It's always been a lifelong dream of mine. An old friend of mine, Cressida, trained me. Unfortunately last year she...disappeared." She said the last time quietly, and cursed herself for mentioning such sad things. She smiled at Ronnie's hand suddenly appearing on her shoulder. "But er," Ashley was eager to change the subject. "Sugar free...I don't blame you Mr. Kane. It never really made any sense to me." She smiled warmly, starting to grow more and more used to the peculiar Lucain.

And then the gift was on the table.

Ashley was at a loss of words. "Oh thank you Bergamot, you really didn't have to!" She exclaimed. She paused for a second, eyeing the box with curiosity, but her sweaty fingers soon rose to open the box. Dark chocolate?

"How did you know!" She exclaimed, a bit too loudly. "I love dark chocolate. Many think its too bitter, but I never really notice. Thank you so much!" For just a moment she lost herself and scooted closer to him, giving him a small and sweet nuzzle.

Ronnie however, was focusing on Rosie's unease. The Lucain looked a little flustered and worried, and Veronica took a quick look around the table. Well, her attitude certainly has changed. She continued to observe, but remembered she was in a conversation. "Yeah..." Her voice trailed away as her gaze didn't leave the older female. "I myself work in a sports shop, mostly for skating and the such." Veronica gestured down to her clothes: a white tank top, blue hat turned the opposite way, and black sweat pants with plaid Converse.

"I..take my work with me?" She offered with a small smile.

[33][11]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/12/2010 5:35 PM

"Sounds like Danica, don't it?" Rosie commented. "She's my Uncle Hal's youngest. She loves skatin', snowboardin', anythin' with a rush to it! She's a bit crazy 'bout it sometimes... but it gives Hal an excuse to take us all skiin', so we're not gonna complain!"

Bergamot pictured Danica for himself, and smiled. The two of them were very similar in age, and had a sibling-like relationship even though they technically weren't related at all. "Oh! I'm very glad you like it, Ashley. Hmmm... I've read that certain people are 'super-tasters.' Those sugar substitutes... some of the chemicals in them taste absolutely horrible to them."

"Ah must be one o' 'em," Kane commented. "Because... yech! Now, Ah'm normally a gentlemen, so I wouldn't normally say this, but...." He lowered his voice. "With regards to 'aspartame...'"

"Oh, Daddy!" Rosie chided. "Is that any way to be talking in front of guests?"

Peaches chuckled. "Actually, thinking I know where that was going--and I'm pretty sure I do--that was actually fairly funny."

[93, 106, 51, 36]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 11/17/2010 6:21 PM

((Their human forms, I don't believe I posted them! ImageImage))

Ashley smiled at the family, liking the way that they interacted with each other. Sure they were silly, but at least they were a real family. She took another sip of her water and glanced at Veronica, who seemed to have lost interest. She gently nudged her friend and Veronica immediately snapped back into attention, nearly spilling over her soda. Luckily, she caught it just in time.

"Oh crap! Sorry, I'm a klutz." She said, happy that the mess had been avoided. "Though not as bad as Ashley..." Veronica's voice trailed away playfully as she turned her head away from her fuming friend.

"I am not a klutz!"

"Sure you aren't! So Kane bout' that aspartame-"

"No no, we are not dropping the subject now! Oh, excuse me Mr. Kane I didn't mean to interrupt. But Veronica give me one time I have ever been clumsy!"

Veronica eyed her friend a little bit and raised an eyebrow, a slow smile creeping across her face. She leaned forward to all of the other guests. "I'm sorry to bother you, but do you have all day? Because Ashley here seems to think she's one of the most graceful ones."

"I am!" Ashley protested, feeling a bit like a child at this point. She knew Veronica was only teasing but she didn't want to seem like such a fool in front of Bergamot. She slapped her companion playfully and Veronica laughed a little. "But if you think you're so smart, name me one time."

[34][12]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/18/2010 8:43 PM

The family swapped baffled glances. Rosie looked at her father and son in wondering succession. "Did... did we miss somethin'?"

"Ah think it might just be one o' them 'friend' things," Kane wondered. "You know how it is. Like when you turn ter your buddy, an' say to her, 'Hey, bud! String cheese!' An' the two of you yukk it up, but everyone around thinks y'all've gone crazy!"

Bergamot looked up at the sky. He heard a soft melody, winding out from the speakers up above.

He stood suddenly. "Hey. Ashley. Why don't we show how graceful you are, then? Wanna dance? Just for fun." His ears reddened, but he pushed his hair down over them.

PEaches, who had been snickering gently, suddenly stopped.

[94, 107, 52, 37]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 11/20/2010 2:42 PM

Ashley was still glaring at Ronnie, who was just sitting there sipping water and trying to stifle her laughter. Wasn't going too well, actually. "I'm very graceful, you just only happen to catch the moments where I may...slip or something."

"I've known you for years Ash, I know exactly how 'graceful' you are."

Ashley was about to lash out when suddenly Bergamot was out of his seat and standing, asking her to...to...dance. Her jaw dropped and she blushed, very unsure of what to do. On one hand, she hated dancing. She was never comfortable with the closeness that it brought when she was with some other male. But then again, it was Bergamot. Bergy. The one male that she had connected with on not only an emotional level, but an intellectual one. He was sweet and charming and Ashley was starting to really like him, so how could she refuse?

"Um..." She glanced back at Ronnie for help, but even her friend was a little baffled. She turned her head back and opened her mouth to reply, but no words came out. And then she was being pushed out of her chair and into Bergamot, stumbling into him a little. "Oof! Oh, I'm sorry!" She squeaked.

Ronnie rolled her eyes. "Of course she would like to dance." She said, feeling no regret for forcing her friend to for once, get out there. "Wouldn't you?"

"....Okay." Ashley squeaked, looking away but carefully taking Bergamot's hand.

[35][13]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/23/2010 9:54 PM

((Sorry for being such a slug-butt about replying. It's been a busy couple of days. D:))

Bergamot chuckled slightly. "Don't worry. I'm not going to ask you to--to waltz or anything." He laughed. "Just, you know. Dance to the music. I won't judge." He laughed. As she got up, he leaned over to whisper to her. "I can't dance worth peanuts either," he confessed. "You will probably make me look good."

He lead her into a clear spot in the middle of the tables. The music seemed to be strongest and most audible here. Inelegantly, Bergamot began to swing his hips--back and forth--and rock his arms.

Kane raised his head. As if he was trying to be as doglike as possible, he craned his head to left and the right, his ears flopping appropriately. Rosie made a concentrated face. "Sounds like the song's endin', Bergy," Rosie said. "You sure the next one's gonna be good?"

The song faded out. The radio station dropped a bumper, stating their name. Then the synth keyed up with the next song.

Peaches grinned. "Oh, I'll say this is gonna be good, alright. You know how to dance to this song, don'tcha, guys?"

Bergamot gulped. "...Oh. Oh... oh my."

He could not have picked a worse song if he'd hand-picked one.

[95, 108, 53, 38]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 11/24/2010 2:19 PM

Ashley's heart was racing as she was pulled onto the dance floor. Even if Bergamot said he wasn't the best of dancers, at least he had the confidence to stand up there and do it in front of people. And even though she was usually shy about things like this, she found herself drifting into him slowly, as if being pulled but a force unknown. Ashley found comfort whenever she was around him.

And then the song played.

Immediately her cheeks flushed and she bit her bottom lip, looking around for someway, any way out. But of course there was no such luck and she was left to twiddle her thumbs and wait for Bergamot to make the next move. It wasn't like she didn't know the dance (who didn't?). It was the fact that she didn't feel like embarrassing herself in front of Bergamot and the entire rest of the restaurant. Her eyes wandered to those of her friend, and Ronnie gave her a smug little wave, clearly enjoying her pain.

"Come here." Ashley mouthed, and Ronnie shook her head.

"I don't dance." She mouthed back. "I skate."

Ashley pouted and gently beckoned her over, not to cause so much of a scene. But of course, Veronica wasn't having it. Instead, she encouraged her friend to continue dancing, leaned back, and enjoyed the show.

The very, very pathetic show.

[36][14]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/26/2010 9:52 PM

"Well, that ain't no fun!" Rosie said. She pounced on Peaches. "C'mon, Peachy! We gotta move and groove, ya dig?"

"W-w--what?!" But Rosie snagged him upwards and dragged him out into the middle of the cafe.

"Thank you," Bergamot mouthed.

With zeal, Rosie threw herself into the dance. She put her hands on her hips, and jumped exaggeraredly at every "Aye!" Peaches stayed calm. But as his hands swung and the song took over, he smiled a little, and wiggled to the beat. Bergamot gamely moved along--uncoordinated, but not without a smile.

"See?" he said. "I guess, even if it is a pretty... 'dorky' dance, it is kinda fun!"

"You go, fellas!" Kane cheered.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 11/28/2010 5:05 PM

Ashley couldn't help but smile at Rosie's enthusiasm, which was making up for all that she lacked. She rubbed her arms self-consciously and looked around, wishing she could make a sudden dash for it. But then Bergamot started dancing with that glorious smile of his and suddenly she felt a little more confident. She placed her hands gently on her hips and shook a little, closing her eyes and trying not to make a fool of herself. With a deep breath she let herself go a little and started moving to the music, moving slightly closer to Bergamot and blushing a little.

"Yeah Ashley!" Ronnie cheered, standing up from her seat.

Ashley turned around and smiled softly at her friend, beckoning her over again. But once again Veronica refused the offer, and Ashley rolled her eyes. If she was going to stand up here and make a fool of herself, well then so was Ronnie. "Excuse me." She said quickly to Bergamot, before dashing off.

By the time Veronica could open her mouth to protest Ashley's hand was firmly around her arm and she was tugging her towards the dance floor. "No Ashley, no!" Ronnie wailed, trying hard to scramble back to the safety of her drink. But Ashley wasn't having it.

"You have to come with me!" She exclaimed, dragging her friend towards their other companions. "Go dance with Peaches and Rosie, he hates it as much as you do and she's an excellent dancer!"

"NO."

"GO." And with that Veronica was promptly shoved into Peaches.

[37][15]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/30/2010 3:43 PM

"Hello," Peaches said grumpily as Ronnie careened toward him. Then he looked angrily up at the radio--or where he suspected the radio might be, anway. The speakers secluded themselves well. "Geez! How is this song not over yet? Is this the special Extended Remix or something, for maximum humiliation?"

No sooner had Peaches spoken than the song began to wind down. Breathing heavily, Bergamot stooped over. "Heh! I am rather out of shape, I guess. Still. That was more fun than I expected!" He chuckled. "I think everyone's staring at us now, though."

"Aww, no shame!" Rosie bellowed. "It ain't worth hidin' bein' happy an' havin' fun! Y'all never forget that, y'hear?"

"Ah'd dance with y'all, but Ah ain't set up fer it!" Kane chuckled. "Ah cain't do that dance, no way no how. Ah'd fall over on mah snout!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext