If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Re: Some Very Special Someones[P Me and Freeze]

Postby Freezair » 12/16/2010 2:53 AM

Kane smiled his wryest, most thoughtful smile. "Ah kin tell, girl. Ya think Ah'm crazy. And ya'd be right. But lemme tell ya somethin' else. Somethin' a very wise man once said... 'In life, we are given a tiny spark o' madness. We mustn't lose it.'"

"Agreed," Rosie said solemnly. It seemed like a strange thing to be solemn about.

Peaches, who had clearly been trying to ignore his family, suddenly brightened. "Woah; really? Not gonna lie; that sounds... pretty cool."

Excitedly, Bergamot planned. "We could go in a tent... ooh, or rent a cabin! I love those cabins; they smell so good! And my cousin Danica would adore coming along." Bergamot sipped his drink. "Oooh! This was such a random idea, but now I already like it!"

[105, 118, 62, 48]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/20/2010 4:44 PM

Veronica was very surprised in Peaches' sudden enthusiasm, but didn't want it to die away too quickly. She took a sip of her soda and gave him a smile. "Yeah. I've been to a thousand of them, sort of studying the way they work and what people look for the most when deciding to pick a park. I've been doing this for a few years now, since I was like, 12." She shrugged.

"It's just always this dream I've had, to make the best skateboarding park. Some people think it's kind of dumb, but it's my dream. What are you gonna do?" Ronnie smiled warily and popped a fry into her mouth.

Meanwhile, Ashley was too busy planning things in her mind of the planned camping trip, excited at all the different possibilities. "Oh yes, we have a cabin sort of near to the Villa. It'll take some hiking but it's well worth it, considering how beautiful it is. Aurora's parents had it built a few years back, and with them luxury is key." She rolled her eyes. "It's still designed like an old log cabin...just a bit more tricked out, as Ronnie says. And I know the two cutest children who would adore it!"

"...Did you just say tricked out?"

Ashley flushed. "Yes, why?"

Ronnie smiled and raised her eyebrows, shrugging. "Just wondering."

[46][24]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/21/2010 4:46 PM

"That's kinda cool," Peaches nodded. "Nah. You gotta have your dreams. I mean mine is... Well, it's pretty silly. It involves, uh, relationship counseling. Just... that kinda thing." He shrugged. "You know."

"Aww, you know Ah support ya," Rosie nodded. "Helpin' people ain't stupid. Whether you're tryin' ter help 'em sort out their own lives, or just givin' 'em a place ter get some sick air! ...That... that's how they say it, right? 'Sick air?' Sorry iffin Ah'm bein' embarrassin', miss Ronnie, but Ah ain't up on mah skater lingo..."

"We should so do this!" Bergamot bubbled. "This will be so much fun! We can go up to the cabin, and see those kids--who are they, your nieces and nephews or something like that?--and cook out, and look over the forest... And watch the sun rise over the moutains." His breath drifted away in awe. "I've always wanted to see a real dawn. Not a city one--the sun coming up like it always does, over a place with no one around to watch it but itself. ...Well, almost no one," he grinned.

"Ah gotta admit, Ah'm likin' the sound o' this!" Kane approved.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/21/2010 4:55 PM

Veronica smiled at Peaches, really appreciating him from the first time since the dinner. "I understand. And I don't think that counseling is silly, not at all. In fact, most people these days need that sort of thing, but no one has the guts to tell people what's wrong with their lives." She grinned. "But I do. Maybe I should look into something like that."

"Yeah, that's exactly what the world needs. You running wild with words." Ashley said with a snort, playfully ruffling her friends hat and messing up her hair. Ronnie groaned and pushed her hand away.

"Hey, hey I could have sworn I saw you talking to Bergamot. Go..go do that." Veronica took the last bite of her burger and turned back to Peaches. "Messing up my hair," She muttered to herself.

"But, er, as we were saying, I guess you can't be as blunt as me when you do things like this, because I can definitely be blunt."

"We know."

"Shut it."

Ashley laughed and took a sip of water. "Oh know they aren't my nieces or nephews. They are just some children that live at the Villa. Cecelia is around...12 years old? And I'm sure Martin is 9; he's very quiet and intelligent. He reminds of me. Not to sound like I'm bragging on myself." She quickly added with a blush.

[47][25]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/25/2010 2:01 PM

((Sorry for the wait! ^_^; I've been... holiday-ing.))

Peaches nodded. Strangely enough, beneath his furry yellow mop, he was blushing--blushing and grinning. "...Thanks, guys," he said with a cracking voice. "It really... I mean, I'm glad to know you think so. I really do want to help people."

"Yah ain't fallen so far from the tree after all," Rosie said, with a teasing elbow.

"Mom, cut it out," he said, suddenly more stern.

"Sounds like our home sitchiayshun," Kane nodded. "Hal an' his kids ain't related ter us; not really. But they're family anywho! Fenrick an' Zsuzsanna--Ah never know if Ah'm pronouncin' that right--an' Danica. Jade an' Aisling too, but they ain't got kids. Never had one o' them room-things fer themselves."

Bergamot laughed. "Sounds like my cousin Logan. He's still fairly young--for a Lucain, anyway--but I can tell he's going to be a sharp one! Especially with--well, not to toot my own horn, but I've been checking out a lot of books for him recently, and he just devours them! You think I could help him become a scholar?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/26/2010 12:20 AM

Veronica and Ashley simultaneously pushed their plates away, both full and satisfied. Veronica took one last sip of her soda and sunk into the booth seat behind her, happy that she and Peaches were finally getting along. "It's no problem." She said with a genuine smile. "It's awesome that you want to dedicate your life to helping people. I guess I'm doing it...by supplying them with a safe environment for skating?" Veronica shrugged.

"You still got me beat though, so kudos to you. Now Mr. Kane, who is this Jade girl that you're referring to exactly?"

Ashley swirled the ice in her cup with her straw, strangely fascinated by the motion. It was then she realized she was spacing out, not due to Bergamot, but due to all of the possibilities this camping trip had. If they were really serious about this, there might be a chance that she and Bergamot would have more alone time together. Maybe she could show him some places with herbs and they could collect for tea!

"I think you can do anything. You're so smart, you could make Veronica a scholar." Ashley joked, earning a pinch from her scowling friend. It then occurred to Ashley that she was actually joking with people and not feeling totally uncomfortable. Bergamot was giving her steps in the right direction.

"You know, this camping thing could turn out to be great fun."

[48][26]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/26/2010 8:38 PM

Kane clamped his jaw shut, uncharictaristically quiet. His snout drooped with calm concern. "Hmmm." He frowned. "She's a shophand. But she's kinda... private, y'might say? Ah dunno how much she wants me blabbin' 'bout her to people she don't know. She ain't antisocial or nothin', but she's got some... history, let's say. She likes her space, an' she don't like talkin' 'bout it."

Peaches chuckled. "Now that's the way to look at things."

Rosie leaned over the table. "If y'all are goin' campin', Dani will wanna get involved, no doubt. But I'm sure she'll give y'all some space, eh, Bergy?" Rosie winked and nudged Bergamot's ribs.

Good-naturedly, Bergamot groaned. "Awww, c'mon. But yeah. We gotta do this now, Ash. ...You... don't mind me calling you that, do you? When do you have the time for the trip? This will be a great experience in the wilderness... and tea, of course!"

[108, 121, 65, 51]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/28/2010 1:00 PM

As soon as Kane started to get quieter, Veronica knew that the subject was something quite touchy, and decided not to press the matter any further. Instead she replied, "Well, I hope to meet her someday. But I also hope to maybe visit your Candy Shop. It seems like it would be a lot different than most stores I've been too." She gave a toothy smile and played with a stray sugar packet.

Suddenly the waitress appeared and started clearing their plates away. "Will you be having anything else? Dessert, coffee?" She asked with a bright smile.

"No thank you." Veronica and Ashley said at the same time, laughing as soon as they realized what they had done. "We spend a little too much time together." Ashley joked, nudging her friend playfully. Veronica smiled and rolled her eyes, continuing her assault on the sugar packet.

Ashley turned her attention back to Bergamot, leaning backwards a little in order to let the waitress take away their dishes. "I'm actually good for whenever you guys are. As I mentioned before, I'm not exactly the most social people and probably won't have plans for a while. Would you like to do it soon?" She blushed. "And no...I don't mind you calling me Ash..."

[49][27]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/28/2010 11:28 PM

"Oh, drop on by, any time! Rosie, ya got a business card with an addy-ress for this young'un?"

"Sure thing, Daddy!" Rosie rifled in her wallet and drew out a small, black box. She opened the top smoothly; it was full of slick, red-and-white business cards. The patterns on them almost looked like the stripes on her father's back. She passed one each to the two girls. "World's only scratch 'n' stiff business cards, Ah'll bet ya that!"

If scratched, they smelled like mint. Most people thought that was cute.

Bergamot reached across the table. Nervously, he touched Ashley's hand. He looked tremblingly at his father. "Dad... can I? You won't be needing me for anything in the next week or so... will you?"

Peaches waved his hand easily. "Naaah. Go ahead, you crazy kiddo."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/29/2010 1:41 PM

Veronica and Ashley both took the cards, each of them observing the card with full interest. "Scratch and sniff cards?" Veronica asked with a smile, flipping the card over and using her nail to scratch it away. She paused for a second before putting her nose to the card and inhaling deeply. Ashley watched her carefully and Veronica pulled her head away with a wide smile. "That is so cool! Ash, you gotta try this."

Ashley smiled at her friend's sudden lack of maturity and scratched her own card, leaning in to sniff. "Wow, that is really cool. I've never heard of scratch and sniff business cards. You guys are so unique." She said with a smile. "In the good way of course!" She quickly added.

She had been toying with her card when suddenly Bergamot's hand was on hers. She tensed with the contact and started blushing hard, her gaze falling to her lap. But despite every fiber in her body telling her she was too shy to be this close with some, she did the one thing she had never done before.

Ashley held his hand.

[50][27]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/29/2010 8:17 PM

"Y... yes," Bergamot replied serenly.

Kane suddenly looked up at the blank cieling. "Oh, would you look at that! Ah gotta run outside fer somethin' Ah fergot. See ya in a few." Kane got out of his chair. "Peaches, would ya come help me with that thing?"

"What?" Rosie elbowed him, and nodded in the direction of Bergamot and Ashley. Comprehension struck. "Oooh! Right! That thing. Sorry; momentary lapse in judgement. I'll be with you." The two of them walked toward the exit.

"And Ah'll just be makin' my way toward the ladies room," Rosie said. She cleared out almost at a jog.

[110, 123, 67, 53]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/29/2010 9:33 PM

Veronica jumped and watched as all three of Bergamot's family members rushed off, clearly on purpose. She spun around with a confused expression, until she saw Peaches nod at Bergamot and Ashley. "Oh." She said aloud, clearly not meaning to. Ronnie blushed and then stood up at well, brushing imaginary crumbs off of her clothes. "You know what, I really have to pee too. Hey Rosie, wait up!" She exclaimed, skidding a little as she started to run after the older woman.

Ashley's jaw dropped as she watched her friend abandoned her. Veronica didn't have to pee, Ashley knew that. Everyone had just run out...but why? As she glanced at their hands, her own and Bergamot's, entwined suddenly she knew. She blushed hard and looked away, wondering what was to happen now.

Moments had passed and she needed to break the silence. Her voice squeaked as she spoke, "So..."

[51][28]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/30/2010 3:16 AM

((Maaaybe this is pointless, but I feel the need to note that Rosie would actually appear to be not much older than them all. She and them on age on "Lucain time," I.E. it is not uncommon to know your great-grandchildren and not be that old. XD))

Bergamot watched them all hurry out. As soon as Kane hastily left his seat, Bergy had an idea of what was going on. He watched Kane bustle himself and Peaches to the parking lot. They simply stood there, eyes to the distance and backs to the building. In the women's bathrooms, someone--probably Rosie--was running the water a bit too loudly.

Bergamot moved in closer. "Well, I'm afraid this is the part where even my research turns up a blank. I'm not exactly what you would call very experienced." He cleared his throat. "Forgive me if I... seem a bit forward, but... would you mind terribly if I kissed you?"

[111, 124, 68, 54]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/30/2010 11:05 AM

((Oops! XD My b. That's cool though, I didn't know that was how Lucai time was <3))

And then the world stopped.

Bergamot wanted to...to...kiss her? Ashley had never been kissed before or ever even contemplated the thought of kissing someone before. And now here he was, asking for it. Her eyes never left her lap as she thought this over. On one hand she had never kissed anyone and frankly had no idea what to do. Was she supposed to lean her head, did he want to full on make out? The stuff she had only seen in the movies that were unrealistically romantic?

But then again she had feelings for Bergamot, real feelings that got stronger every moment she spent with him. So why would she deny him?

Veronica pushed the bathroom door open so she could see what was going on, and more importantly witness Ashley's first kiss like a good best friend. She hid behind a potted plant and waited eagerly.

Ashley took a breath and looked back up at Bergamot. "Yes...you can."

[52][29]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/01/2011 6:01 PM

((Sorry for the eensy wait; I've been having fun with the family. XD))

Bergamot leaned forward. He squeezed his lips, closed his eyes... and jittered at the last moment, landing the kiss squarely on the top of her nose. He shuddered, knowing he'd gone astray. He pulled back with a deeply-entrenched frown.

"Ummm... Sorry. I have no idea what I'm doing. That was awful." He blushed, but not in a cute way. He let go of her hands and looked to the side. "I'm sorry... I'm really very sorry... Sorry."

From the restoom, Rosie peeked over the edge, evesdropping in a very parental way. Kane and Peaches kept looking over their own shoulders curiously.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext