If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Re: Just Like Old Times (P)

Postby SpringsSong » 12/29/2010 10:52 AM

"Gossiping about who we had crushes on, deciding that the Celestials have quite the odd sense of humor, and always hanging around a fire that I created at one point or another?" Aila said, smiling as she sent forth heat-shimmers of them when they were younger, doing the exact same thing.  "I'd say that our time apart hasn't really changed us all that much."

"Except that you became a mother," Saira said.  "And you also raised the Gods of Life and Ice and the Goddesses of Earth and Fire as your own children in that time.  Nali, Yávi, and I--we've no children of our own."

"Well... that's not entirely true," Fortunali said as the other two whirled around to stare at her in shock.  "You know that Sabbit what follows me around whenever she knows that I will be inducing luck, be it fair or ill?  She is my child."

"Adopted, I should hope," Yáviel said, glaring severely at the Hollowheart, who laughed.

"Aye, Halvedona is adopted, but she is still my child nonetheless."

[3.6]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/29/2010 10:58 AM

Aila could only laugh as she watched her friends' reactions to Fortunali having an adopted child.  Oh, how they would have reacted to her having children when she was younger!--however, they never got to see her twins, and when they finally were born again in this realm, only time would tell if her friends would be as open to them as she hoped.

"I have to admit, Kylistern's daughter is quite the looker," Sairahiniel said, laughing.  "Definitely got her father's powers over Ice, but then again, that probably comes with the species, right?"

"Aye--Noel has her father's abilities, all right," Aila said.  "However, as her gradfather--" here, she spat a tongue of almost-red flames, "--would say, she's a spineless coward.  She may look tough and roar loudly, but get her into battle, and she's spineless."

"Cowardice is nothing to be ashamed of, though," Fortunali said.  "There is nothing wrong with being afraid of anything."

"Unless you're too afraid to step outside because of what could happen to you," Yáviel said.

[3.8]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/29/2010 11:10 AM

"Or if you're too afraid to accept the bonds that the Celestials might have in store for us," Aila said, laughing as the others reacted in clear distaste to her bringing up the topic.  "I believe that you should all go forth and see what it is that the Celestials have planned--it could be that these bonds are meant to define you in ways you cannot yet understand."

"Like your bond with Ekal has defined you, Aila?" Fortunali asked, and Aila laughed as she waved them on.

"Go on--go and see what is in store for you," she said.  "I have to go and prepare to meet with him soon, anyways; but before that, I want to have a nice little stroll down memory lane with Nyera."

"I remember how she was against you two being together from the start," Yáviel said, laughing.

"Aye, she was more than against it because she'd seen how our first relationship would end," Aila replied.  "Besides, she's the one that asked for the little stroll, not I."

"Perhaps she worries that Ciren has not yet proposed to her," Sairahiniel said.  "After all, he continues to hesitate to ask her."

"That could be," Aila said.  "Now, let us be on our way," she said as she took to the skies, with Fortunali and Sairahiniel following suit while Yáviel took off in a dead run out of the sea city.

[4.0]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous