If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

BlackJack (P, MidnightDraconia and I,possibly pg13)

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/15/2011 5:52 PM

Gee

It was very late at night, and thin, moist fog stripes hovered through the streets. Gee was bored. he had some weeks off,if you could speak of holiday in his business, and used them to get out of the  desert, even off the whole damn continet. he hoped to spent some nice sunny days here, but the weather turned out to be cloudy and rainy, which in turn made him do what he did best, when not working. drinking, irritate people and one game or another. The tall, muskular man with the black eyes and brown and blue streaked hair sighed and looked over at one of the lokal bars/gambling clubs. with a shrug he walked towards it, pulling down his headphones and listening to the soft, distant sound of water on the shore, before entering the club.

(faiiil O_O)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Re: BlackJack (P, MidnightDraconia and I,possibly pg13)

Postby Middy » 06/02/2011 7:34 PM

Dull... dull dull DULL! Everywhere he went when he was off work was so dull! Marnook grit his teeth as he sauntered through the fog coated streets, hands firmly stuffed in his lab-coat pockets. He could go gamble and have a hearty drink or two... but again both sounded like boring options compared to things he could be doing back at the lab. Although... his boss also being his best friend had coaxed him into taking time off his hectic business schedule. He groaned at the thought again.

Whatever, might as well make the best of things. He casually walked to the bar, noticing someone else headed to it. Quite the interesting looking fellow... if anything maybe he could humor himself and offer this man a drink. With heavy feet he dragged himself to the entrance and adjusted his round silver rimmed glasses. He looked the man over before a smirk plastered across his face, "Hey, you come here for a drink? Or just people watching?" Marnook fumbled with his short black hair complete with a small braid.

A scientist associating with random folks for conversation not relating to anything of his job... reminds me of my earlier years he thought.

[1] ((Ohhh so late, and so sorry lol. RL and all that))
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/05/2011 9:51 AM

Gee's head turn surprised when the man walked up and talked to him, but a broad smile imidiatly found its way on his face. " ah, both actually. People watching itself is boring as hell, but with some drinks...it can get pretty interisting." he chuckeled slightly, and held open the door, still standing in it, when a particularry drunk young couple was stumbling out of the bar, the man screaming something incomprehensible, tho it sounded slightly like spanish... his girlfriend meanwhile tried to drag him on desperately, but could barely walk herself. Gee watched them with one raised eyebrow, before turning back at  Marnook. "Eh, we should probably go in" he said slightly amused "The name's Gerroth by the way, but please call me Gee"

(sorry, late myself and horrible post :/)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 06/11/2011 11:03 AM

Marnook watched the inebriated couple with a wide grin on his face, how amusing it was to see drunk folks while being sober. "Gerroth... or Gee... the name is Marnook. Scientist, and addicted gambler," he give a quick bow, "why not go in, I can buy us a couple rounds of drinks. I make enough money so why not splurge a little?" he added joyfully.

He casually walked into the bar taking in his new surroundings. It seemed decent enough, much like the places he used to frequent when he was younger. The thing that caught his eye was a poker table filled with some obviously drunk men, one was even passed out while those by him looked at his cards with a sloppy glance. He would have been one of them...

Marnook sat at the bar, a female bartender was busy drying off some new glasses. He gazed at her with a smile. She was quite the slip of a thing, one he wouldn't mind taking home with him. Of course he couldn't, he finally had some company outside the science facility he worked at.

He knew what he was going to get for a drink, he just had to wait for his "partner in crime" to come to the bar with him.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/18/2011 7:11 PM

Gee was surprised as the guy invited him on a few drinks, but grinned happily. Actually, he did not have that much cash lately, so this was more then welcome. "Well, I wont say no on that" he said, following him into the bar.

He was, other then most people in his team, a relatively carefree person. That did not mean however that he was not careful. He would keep wary, as long as he was not completely sure that this Marnook really just was
a nice and fun guy, who did not want anything but a fun time out. However, his feeling told him that he was no danger, so keeping relaxed was no hard task for him.

His gaze brushed the poker table, his grin getting a little bit more pittyfull at the passed out guy //heh, poor guy...no luck for you tonight.// He was not against gambling either, and so he looked at Marnook with a mishivous look in his eyes when they reached the bar and set down. "Scientist,and gambler huh? thats a pretty cool mix" he laughed after they ordered their drinks, him going for a simple beer first. "can I ask what exactly
you study?"
he paused, before adding "or if you dont want to get into that I can understand that pretty well...ya must be happy to get some time out of the lab for once, I guess?"

(finally back again, sorry for the wait)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 08/03/2011 4:42 PM

"Why yes of course, I thought so as well," Marnook replied with a chuckle. He had gotten his usual favorite of a Mai Tai. A sassy sweet drink that could pack a punch, just like himself. "I don't mind talking about myself, I am quite an interesting fellow in my eyes," he laughed at his own remark not caring if he let his ego show or not.

More importantly this man wanted to know about him! He didn't get many people actually ask him things like this, but then again he was in the lab most of the time. "Well, I am an Ornithologist. In normal terms, an expert on birds. Of course that is not why I am so valued in the lab, you see..." he leaned closer to Gee "I also make some killer concoctions. I guess you can say its chemistry..." he threw his head back in laughter again.

Oh if only this man knew what kind of things he made. He wouldn't mind showing him either, after-all he did bring some of his supplies with him before visiting Evelon again. Back on his own world everyone knew his name and what he did. Here... no one knew! It was wonderful! It was like he was just starting out and socializing with people like his used to, before word got around of course.

"Well as much as I would looove to talk about myself, I would like to hear more about you. It is only fair that we share some things about one another hm?"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/14/2011 4:11 PM

Gee was happy to be with such an...open and obviously fun guy. Okay, he obviosly had quite the ego, but that was nothing he could not deal with. Alister was the biggest egoman to walk the face of Evelon, and he worked with him more or less closely on a daily basis.

He raised an eyebrow when he talked about his job, a grin spreading over his face. "concoctions ?" he asked,
his curiosity obviously at full force. Before he could dig deeper on that, he was asked about himself tho. There was a short pause, barely noticeable, in which he seemed to calculate just how much he could tell the man.
he decidet tho that he was trustworthy enough...at least he did not seem like he had anything to do with the police. "well, I and my fellow... partners sell various not so easy to get goods to trustworthy clients, to put it that way."he smirked, watching him carefully. "I usually make sure that the goods end up where they belong, and that nothing goes...upleasantly wrong"

(ugh...bad post is bad...sorry bout that)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/31/2011 11:37 AM

Marnook leaned closer to Gee with a grin plastered on his face, "Black market? The mob? Oh I would love to know more about you kid, you seem real interesting now," he playfully nudged him with his elbow with a chuckle. He was trying to read his new "buddy" as much as he could before taking this conversation any further.

"Barkeep, another drink here. Make it a Mai Tai this time," Marnook snapped his fingers and patiently waited for his drink to be mixed. When it was ready he greedily took the glass and began drinking rather quickly. "Want anything else Gee? Or, any questions you would like to ask me of course. I'm open to anything."

Marnook was a patient person by nature, especially if it meant him getting someone into his clutches for whatever twisted reasons. First was first, knowing him better obviously. He didn't want to get himself in too much trouble in these new lands, less his boss gives him a whupping for misbehaving again in another realm or far off land. Not like he hasn't done this before of course.

(Late, sorry... RL and all)

Last bumped by Middy on 12/31/2011 11:37 AM.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate