If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Shipwreck Opera (Silv and Middy pg to possibly m)

Postby Silverin » 06/27/2011 9:02 PM

"It has been a long time since I was on the coast..." An old rough looking lucain stood at the end of the docks. He had the look of a old fishermen but the branding on the side of his face told another story. His body well built and packed with muscle from endless days of sailing, sea and land bound battles from an empire of a far away land.

Oh the battle fields coated with a thick smell of crimson blood, cries of dieing men, and the smell of the salt water that wafted up from the distant beaches filled his mind as he remembered the days he spent slicing the flesh and spilling the blood of others, on neighboring borders. "Yes it has been a while since I smelled the sweat, blood and tears of those whom confront me when I was younger." He said with a sigh. He still carried a small cutlass with him, along with his rum skin, that met his lips as the sun set the ocean a blaze.

Eventually he sat down at the end now in the form of a human his amber eyes peering out from under his brows. The sun looked as if it has permanently burnt a frown on to his face as well as darkening his rough hide. His brown hair was tied back into a neat pony tail, so neat that is looked as if he had not done it.

As the sun went down, he took to a ship that looked as if it was rarely used and sailed back out into the open waters for the first time in a long time.

PLEASE DON'T GIFT ME. I AM NOT INTERESTED.
There are better folks to gift.
:::Breeders:::Rental:::WishList:::
Avi is from The Worst Monster Of Them All animation on youtube
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

Re: Shipwreck Opera (Silv and Middy pg to possibly m)

Postby Middy » 06/27/2011 9:51 PM

ImageImage
(One in the same)

A day away from the confines of his private theater and menagerie of puppets, marionettes, and musical instruments that kept him company on cold lonely nights. Dylan flew over the ocean as a snow white raven with piercing ruby colored eyes, scouring the lands for any danger of mortal lives. He could sense it in every nerve of his body, a shipwreck was to come... to kill hundreds of innocents.

He descended on the very same ship to catch a better look, drunken sailors, high tides, and a danger of explosives that were carried on deck. This was a disaster to come. He cawed and took flight watching the ship disappear over the horizon. It would only be a matter of time now...

Dylan landed on a new ship that was sailing out into the great blue, he noticed a single sailor on deck and paused to catch a better look. He seemed ragged and reeked of alcohol, but something about him seemed off. Danger again... the seas were treacherous this day.

"Sailors had called me an ill omen before... a white raven. A sign of immediate danger or death was to come..." he thought this to himself still keeping his keen eyes locked onto the man. He cawed to him and strutted around as usual, trying to mask himself as a normal raven. Maybe he would take notice, or in rare case he would need to take human form to warn him.

Something wasn't right in the ocean today...

Dylan [1]
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Silverin » 07/01/2011 9:40 PM

He stood on the quarterdeck gripping the wheel of the ship. Even though he was a experienced sailor he still found it hard to man a ship alone. Because of this he paid close attention to the winds, sky and sea. He only took his eyes off them for a moment to glance at the white crow that had landed on the deck of his ship. “Oi, you’re a long way away from home young fellow...” He watched the crow for a moment. All it did was bring back the memories from battle fields.

Both crows and vultures often circled over head because of the putrid smell of decaying bodies that had piled up from previous days before. Be it that this particular memory was from a battle that took place in the blistering heat of the midsummer sun, the stench was that much more memorable. Wading almost knee deep in bodies that could not be recognized as such was just as memorable. Just the ooze that could be recognized as grotesque purplish red colored bits of meat with some jell like puss colored fat on them along with the occasional bone crunching underfoot, all baked in the searing heat.

“Why don’t I send you home little bird?” He said as he took a pistol out that was resting on his thigh, cocked it, and pointed it at the bird. His pricing amber eyes that resembled a golden moon in the pitch black night sky, focused down the barrel of the pistol. “It is rare to see a white crow, even more so on the open ocean. Must be some petty pet, if it is, it is their fault for losing it.” He thought to himself as the pistol went off with a bang.

Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/02/2011 2:27 AM

Humans, they seemed all the same in the end. Greedy, violent, irrational... the only type he had ever really known..." he spread his white wings wide, a searing red pattern of eye-like designs racing through them. In an instant he had vanished before the bullet had grazed him. Such insolence!

Dylan reappeared on the crow's nest, now in his human form. His hands clenched tightly on a wicked red bladed scythe and white marbled handle. His long white hair being whipped around by the cool ocean winds. But I was once a human... Dylan adjusted his silver rimmed glasses and took another look at the man below him. He must be misunderstood, he didn't know what he was.

A teller of fate, a bringer of ill omens. A taker of souls, this is what I am now. A Reaper of Fate. Dylan crouched down wiping away the gunpowder residue off his red suit and adjusted his red cravat to be straight again, his red eyes staying focused.

"I can see that you would shoot anything out of the ordinary wouldn't you?" he smiled slightly. He had never really had much experience working with the sea-dogs, but he was sent out here for a reason. He had already been a sign to the other ship, recalling a man with deep sorrow in his eyes upon seeing his white raven form.

But this... he didn't know what to make of it. This man was not destined to die anytime soon, yet something was still telling him to be here. He leaned against his scythe with a quizzical look on his face being forced into my human form isn't what I had planned...

"Are you going to play it a little more safe around me now that you can see a fellow man instead?" hell, it was worth asking wasn't it? If worst came to worst, he would have to tell this man of his true identity.

[2]
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silverin » 09/17/2011 7:36 PM

Troy closed his eyes and grinned as he adjusted his red bandana on his forehead. “Tich…. Damn crow.” He muttered to him self as he reloaded his gun. Placing a measured amount of gun powder from a small silver capsule into the barrel of the gun, he took out a round piece of cotton fibber, placed it over the opening of the barrel, placed the 50 calibre lead bullet in the middle and then pushed it back with his brush. Quickly dusting the flint stone with a small amount of gun powder, he aimed his gun again.

His speed at doing this tedious task was great, hinting at the fact that he had done this many times before. So many times that he even carried the appropriate tools with him for the job. Each of the tools were in a small pouch that hung from his belt, along with a string of capsule in which pre carefully measured amounts of gun power were held. Yes this old sailor was a vet at this sort of thing and was someone whom could defend himself if he so needed to do so.

Troy’s eyes shifted up to the crow’s nest in which the white crow or rather man stood. “Ha! A reaper.... Have not seen one of those since I lost my eye to the winds of war...” He said out loud with a rather calm look on his face, as if he had just been reassured that this new figure did not pose an immediate threat to him and was rather a common site for his old eyes. To be honest thirty five is not old but he was defiantly past his prime years and considered old in some of the more primitive villages that were scattered in remote locations around the evelonian maps.

He could hear the reapers remark and in response he chuckled to himself “Well well you seem fast enough to get out of the way of my gun fire but you also are not too familiar with the sea and the men whom sail on it as warriors and pirates... I will cool it as I am familiar with things like you but if you chose to dance with me I am more than just a little experienced in doing so. Trust me if you in gauge me with that sort of fair you will come out with more than a few holes in you.”

He danced with death more than just a few times before, the loss of his eye was just one of many, although it was not a total loss the eye was rendered entirely useless with gouges through its gel like surface.

Letting the gun rest against his leg again, he turned most of his attention back to sailing. His lone golden eye gazed upon both the waters ahead and the reaper above. Somehow the rest of the task normally done by sailors managed them selves.

(OMG I replyed 8D~)

Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 09/19/2011 9:56 PM

"There is not need for such hostility, and even if you were to injure me, you can't kill death," he pushed his glasses up on his face more with a sigh. Even if he couldn't die he wouldn't appreciate having some bullet holes in him. He knew some fellow reapers who kept some noticeable "scars" from bad encounters with the living, including one of the Legendary Reapers.

"If you wish to know why I am here, I can sense the ill fates of some sailors close by. I will be separating their souls from their bodies so that they will no longer suffer... a job that I am both proud, and sad to do," he jumped down from the crow's nest and sat atop a barrel, looking at his golden inlaid pocket watch. Soon enough, this ship itself will run into some casualties. A shame to lose this man I have actually talked to...

Dylan stared off into the sea once more, his face looking grim. If he could, he would have gotten a different Reaper to do this job. The one in red would have been a better choice, if he/she/it could keep his hands off the soon-to-be dead man. No, he is too busy with that Demon...

"My name is Dylan, if you were curious..." he looked back at the watch once more, "And your name?"

((Don't worry, Troy isn't going to die D:< lol))
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silverin » 09/20/2011 12:06 AM

Troy’s grin seemed to widen a bit almost as if the nature of his old self were to shine through. “ Kill a reaper? Ha even I knew that was impossible. I would only aim to cripple the fool whom comes after me and possibly make them suffer for the rest of their existence.” He said as he tilted his head till some of his chocolate hair was in his face his golden eye seemed to flicker with a bit of excitement.

“Now if I could only turn back time and maybe I could have my eye back” He said with a sigh. That may have come off as that he wished that he could have saved his eye but it was more of a wish that he could gain back something else he lost, that was taken from him and placed into a weapon that would have allowed him to just practically grow his eye back.

“So you’re here to catch some unlucky dogs whom of which fell into the water and form there are suppose to drown, to die in the hands of hypothermia, blown apart, crushed or killed by another dog?” He said getting his mind off the past and into the present again. “ The sea takes many captive no matter what their motive.” He muttered.

Watching the reaper look at the watch reminded him of the white rabbit form the tale Alice in Wonder Land but a little less in a rush. “Yes… My name… I am Troy. Although I have had many other names before now that is the only one I will keep, that’s not saying it is my original name. The original name should be something a reaper of high status would know after all lives of the living are practically kept as books, ones which are ones of lower raking are forbidden to look at… although that’s how it is where I come from… As far as I remember that is.” He said with a smile and a slight bow.

Although he did not want to really yatter on about such trivial things to a reaper he figured to him self that he most likely did it out of the fact that he had not talked to anything let alone any one for a long time.

((XD Ha Troy would never die that easy any ways, how else would he deal with one of my characters known as Blood))

Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 10/05/2011 5:08 PM

Dylan smiled, good thing he knew that Reapers are impossible to kill... unless one used another Death Scythe against them. True, he had come close to being killed by one of his own, but in the end it wound up being a test.

"That is true, there have been many deaths in the sea recently. I was assigned to take care of them, many have already been granted the peace of death and their souls allowed to move on..." he paused for a moment. He could sense that this little ship ride would come to be a catastrophe, and he couldn't stop it. It wasn't in the Reaper's code to interfere.

Hearing Troy speak of his original name, ancient reapers, and books got him thinking about Grimm right away. He was legendary, maybe when he had the time and could actually find him, he could ask. Dylan was about to speak again until he felt the ship shift and give a sharp jerk to the side. It was time already? He wanted to warn the man to go the other way, but he would get in trouble... but...

Dylan looked off the side of the ship, a Kraken!? he rushed over to Troy and before he could think he yelled to him, "There is a Kraken attacking the ship! You need to get out of here!" and that was it, he had broken a rule. Warning the soon to be deceased of the thing that could end his life.

He felt the ship rock and jerk again to see a large slimy spotted teal tentacle wrap around the ship's mast. Dylan spun his scythe around and glared at the beast's disgusting appendage, "I hope you can fight well... hell I'm sure you can!"

He was already in trouble, so what did it matter if he helped him or not?
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silverin » 11/09/2011 8:05 PM

Troy smiled and looked back at the green waters signifying that the sand and other debris had been stirred up from the bottom by a storm from the night before. The sea was defiantly a dangerous place, even more so was the open ocean. “Haah yes plenty of people are fools on the ocean now a days, they know not how to survive or how to navigate without their technology, they can’t read the water or the clouds. It really is a pity how pathetic they are.” He said

Troy closed his eye temporarily. He could feel every part of the sea shift the ship along with that sudden heave. He could hear Dylan shout at him that it was a Kraken “Damn it I don’t really want to lose another ship to another ball of sludge... I consider myself lucky that I have not a crew.” He yelled as he opened his eye and drew his gun and blade.

Seeing the thing wrap its tentacle around the mast he took his sword and slashed at it, the air around his blade seemed to shimmer with a gold and deep red light. It sliced though the creature as if it was butter and left a little bit of a burn mark. “Can I fight? Hell yeah I can fight like the best of men despite my age, I am a war lord” He barked with a dangerous grin on his face as he turned and kicked one of the cannons onto the creatures head.

He had not fought alongside anyone in a long time even when running assassinating people or delivering valuable packages, he never fought alongside anyone, let alone a reaper. The last time he ever teamed up with someone was when he was the fleet commander and that was more than a few years ago.

He fought a reaper once taking their scythe and turning it into some other weapon as soon as he toughed it, which rather confused him but he was focused enough on the battle to not spend too much time thinking about that. That time he stood there with the reapers own weapon in another form, pointing it at the unfortunate reapers neck. The reaper shocked face was as vivid to him as the current day. He often wondered how that reaper felt and if he even remembered the scene.

(Sorry it took me so long -3-;)

Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/11/2011 7:08 PM

Dylan had jumped right into battle, working on another tentacle that had boarded the ship. Troy was busy with another, and had taken to making quick work out of it. He curved his scythe back and spun it behind him, waiting for the beast to swipe the appendage at him at attempts to knock him off the ship. When it came towards him, he recoiled the Scythe and cleaved the tentacle in half, blood spurting out and covering the reaper in the sanguine liquid. He jumped back looking and Troy's progress. That tentacle had been cut and the Kraken's head was pinned by a cannon.

He darted towards his temporary companion to help attack the beast's head. As he was about the plunge the scythe into its skull another tentacle had come up from the other side of the ship and violently knocked the ship from side to side. The monster was close to death, he could sense it, the kraken would have to stop soon; its movements were slowing down.

"It is close to death now, do you want to deliver the killing blow?" Dylan asked still clinging onto the creature's head. If he heard Troy say yes, then he would be sure to move out of the man's way.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silverin » 12/18/2011 8:09 PM

Troy was having quite a ball getting rid of this beast, this was not the first, was not the last and was definatly not the largest beast he had seen in the sea. He had seen just about everything in his travels. Well almost, with acception to a siren, or maybe he did but just had no interest in supposedly beautiful women. His interests have always been battle even when he was a child in a orphanage, even the Nuns thought it was odd, a child who never experienced war or heard of it was looking it up in books before he was even five. Now he was hitting his mid thirties and still takes joy in being involved in battle. Most people would say that his love of every part of war was a sick obession, even he kinda agreed but he still enjoyed every part of it.

He lept forward, slicing at the beasts many arms, even getting a scratch or two from the meat hooks that that grew in the pace of suckers. Every once in a while he would shoot it with his gun. When it started to slow down he took time to stand still, when Dylan came back to his side asking if he should kill it or let it go. There were two answers to that question whirling around in his head. First was Kill it, the blueish blood was quite a site to behold. Second was to let it go cause it would die anyways from it wounds. When he finaly decided, he raised his one of his hands and said "Kill it." With a very cold and dark look.

(I may want to rp him in the past some time o3o~)

Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/09/2012 5:04 PM

Dylan took the command to heart, Kill it... ending something's life was his duty although he himself was never the killer. Something in him rose, the urge to spill blood and take the life of something else. He knew this feeling, his Mistress of Blood, Chii, was telling him to. He froze feeling his own blood rushing, he knew being a Sanguine Reaper had it's perks as well as it's curse. To take a life and spill blood would frenzy him like it had done before.

Dylan smirked, his red eyes glowing dimly as he plunged the blade of his scythe into the creature's skull, he then arced the blade and pulled it upward splitting the kraken's head in two. He heard the creature's ear-splitting screech ring out through the empty ocean as his feet touched it's exposed brain. He was still wanting more blood-shed, but quickly jumped off the Kraken as it's lifeless body released the ship and sank down into the icy waters.

He landed close to Troy, heart still racing and eyes alight. He had done his Mistress a good deed.

((I want to bring Chii in sometime, she is Midnight's sister and Goddess of Blood =3 ))
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

OMG SILV REPLYED

Postby Silverin » 01/19/2012 6:08 PM

Troy watched as something took over Dylan, but unlike most people Troy just stood there observing his demon like state. Troy had seen many versions of this on the battle field, all of them had different features and yet all had a lust for blood spill. Some men were driven mad by their own lust and others welcomed the thrill.  He wondered what sort of route this state of Dylan’s would go. His gleaming golden eye narrowed as he watched carefully so if he were to turn and attack him he would be ready for it.

When he came back to his side he smirked and gave a bit of a chuckle. “Have you truly killed before? And by that I don’t just mean that pettily little thing nor another animal either. Have you ever truly killed a man?” Troy said with that serious face of his. “I can hear your heart pounding in your chest.” He said with a bit of a laugh. Troy hoped that what he just said was not enough to scare this little reaper.

He turned and looked at his wrecked ship and sighed “This is the fourth one this season if this keeps up I am going to be broke.” He muttered as he grabbed pieces of his broken ship and started to place them in a neat pile.

(Xd I may bring Seven in but that depends if they go back to shore or not.~)

Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 03/28/2012 3:10 AM

It took Dylan a moment to calm down from his rush when he was back at Troy's side, when the man spoke about killing, he could feel his blood pump again. He had remembered the things he had done, how he was seduced into completely 'ruining' a man's life just so said man could become a lich. Damn that Faust he muttered under his breath. He snapped out of thinking about that dark part of his past and gave a small nod, "Before I became a Reaper I... I had killed someone. Or more along the lines of, setting them down a dark path only to be violently killed by others."

Usually Reapers weren't allowed to kill someone unless the situation really warrented it, even though a certain red Reaper did break that rule on several occasions. Dylan kept thinking on Troy's question, "Does killing someone out of self defense work? Since I cannot honestly say I have killed an innocent person before."

He remained quiet after that, musing over his own thoughts and watching the land slowly coming into view. He could hear seagulls cooing and the beat of the waves crashing against the ship. It was almost soothing really...
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silverin » 05/11/2012 9:57 AM

Even though Troy was clearing off the surface of what was left of the ship, he still listened to Dylan’s intriguing story. To send a man down a dark path was something he was familiar with and unknowingly did many times. Troy himself could be said to be one of the few that pull the chains and convince many that they should walk a path of shadows, to reach what they believe is light and sometimes is but it is more frequently nothing but an illusion created by their own minds to justify killing in mass.

“That’s a nasty one. As far as I know I never willingly sent someone down a dark path...No. I can’t really say that since I led countless people on the field of battle. War is a nasty thing. I have seen many a battle and many men die. It only takes one battle or unfortunate event to drive even the strongest men mad. Shock, loss, torture, disease, rape, murder, starvation, thievery, desperation and death… all eat away at their souls and haunt them for eternity… Even in death some are still haunted. War is a double edged sword, a coin and a scale… the sword is the pain brought on to both parties, the coin is the two faces of out come be it for good or evil and the scale weighs the benefits.” He said frowning, glancing at Dylan out of the corner of his eye as he picked up splintered boards and broken ropes. He placed salvageable pieces into piles and tossed what he could not use into the sun bathed waters.

“I suppose it frustrates you to know that you have done such a deed, you may wish to change it but you can not… Even if you could you would loose much in the process. Most of what you have now would no longer exist. I do wish I change the past even if it means loosing what I have to get back what I lost… but what I lost has nothing to do with guilt of hurting another… I am not as noble as that… What I want back is only attached to my lust, pride and greed. You could say I am rather self-centered. But to be fair what was taken from me was taken with greed and fear.” He smirked as took out a silver chain with a pendent of a crest attached to it, rolling it over his rough fingers.

“Killing someone in self defense can and also can not count. It is partially based on condition and intent. It does not count in the way that you do not willingly kill them under a pure intention of just killing in its self. It’s a sort of half-hearted kill. Unlike those who enter a battle knowing that they will have to kill at some point in some way and can not avoid it. Basically they are signing up to kill and possibly be killed. Although a half-hearted way of killing can still occur when one is hesitant to kill for one reason or another.” He said as he walked over and placed his hand on Dylan’s shoulder briefly before opening the hatch to inspect the damage below.

His sight was greeted by water that had now filled half the ship, more still flowing in. In reaction, he quickly shut the hatch, slamming it hard enough to make the wooden beast moan as it slowly started succumbing to the water. “Great…” He muttered in slight frustration. If it could even stay a float for just a few hours longer they might make it back to land, however the sun was setting and the seas were frequented with storms.

(lol lol :U piff this is late. Hopefully this will keep things from dying XD and Tory talks a lot... the old posts make me cry XD;;)

Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Next