If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Distractions {Private}

Postby jobiehanna » 07/19/2011 7:27 PM

Of all the places to come, Dream had chosen this particular place because she had never been here before. It was a nice place to go, she had heard. So, here she was, away from all her problems that were mostly boy related. When was she going to learn they were nothing but trouble? Oh, sure, they said they loved you an cared about you, but every guy she had been with had run off either with some other girl or because they were afraid of the commitment she wanted.
The young woman sighed and wrapped her arms around herself. Boys. She looked down at the ground and shook her head. So much for clearing her mind of them. They were always there, threatening to break down the walls she had put up to keep herself from getting hurt. She needed a distraction, but, as she looked around, she saw nothing but busy shoppers and commuters.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Distractions {Private}

Postby jobiehanna » 07/19/2011 7:33 PM

Muir glared at the people that had just left the boat. He had never witnessed such piggishness from people until he had been hired to clean their boats out. It was a horrible job, mainly because people didn't seem to clean up after themselves anymore. He found all kinds of things while cleaning the boats up, from graffiti to bottles to left over food. It was quite gross, really, but he had to make a living somehow.
The young man set to work cleaning up after this particular group with a grim expression and sour attitude. Yuck, it was so nasty. He wished he could get away from this place, at least for a day. Maybe, on his lunch break, he'd take off and never come back. It might cost him his job, but at least he'd get away for the day. It would be a nice distraction from his work, at least. He cursed under his breath as he scrubbed at a particular nasty patch of graffiti. He didn't know what they used, but it sure didn't come off well. He'd be complaining to his boss about this.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/20/2011 10:00 PM

Dream walked along a little further. She could go into one of the shops that lined the streets, but, she just wasn't in the mood to spend money. After all, she needed to save her money for more important things. Her bright green eyes watched the various venders, and she soon found herself down by the dock admiring the happy people walking around. Though, she liked to watch the happy couples the most. She envied those couples, mostly because she had once been in a happy relationship. Well, more than once actually. But they always fell apart.

She sighed and walked further down toward the dock. She was watching the water now. All the boats and people. They were a nice distraction from her tumbling of emotions.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/23/2011 7:49 PM

Muir continued to work on the boat. He would throw an occasional glare at the people he saw coming out of random boats. He would have to clean up after them too. It was such a pain to clean these things. As the time got closer to noon, he thought about what he could do when he left. He was seriously considering skipping out for the rest of the day. But... he needed the money to survive.

He went on to a different boat, continuing to throw glares at random passers-by. They were all aggravating now. None of them had to work like he did. It just wasn't fair.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/25/2011 9:14 PM

Dream was walking by a particularly disgruntled looking man when she noticed him glaring at her. That was, well, odd. He looked away just then. She looked puzzled, but her puzzled expression turned to anger when he glared at her again, and then a third time. Why was he looking at her like that? Her green eyes turned stormy, and she marched over to the young man. Now, it wasn't like Dream to confront someone, but his glare was for no reason, and it was really making her mad.

"Excuse me, young man," she said sternly, poking his shoulder. "Why are you looking at me that way?" She shot her own angry glare at him, setting her jaw. It had taken some nerve to come over here, and the adrenaline she felt from the initial shock that someone she didn't now was glaring at her was fading away.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/26/2011 12:07 AM

Muir was busy scrubbing and glaring when the young woman poked his shoulder. He turned his eyes to her, and noticed that she was giving him a stern look. He stood up and brushed himself off, though he really didn't need to. "I wasn't aware that I was looking at you in an odd way," he said. Young women didn't walk up to him and start conversations very often, though this one didn't seem to be going in a good direction.

He squinted in the sunlight, trying to keep a smug grin off his face. Really? This woman didn't seem to have a job either, just going around bothering people. Though, it wasn't too much of a bad thing, she wasn't that bad looking.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/26/2011 8:29 PM

Dream felt her expression tighten. Wasn't aware he was looking at her that way? "How are you not aware that you are glaring at somebody?" She sized him up then, taking in his rough appearance. His hair was shaggy, his clothes were nice, but well worn. But his eyes... they were deep purple and filled with pain and stubbornness. Dream crossed her arms, closing her thoughts. She didn't want to pitty this man, not when he had glared at her for no apparent reason.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/26/2011 8:49 PM

Muir looked into the light green eyes of the other. They were pretty, though they were furious. He tilted his head to the side. "I've been glaring at people all day, what makes you any different?" He asked the question with some attitude, which probably wasn't a good idea. But... He wasn't in the mood for a preppy girl to walk all over him. He offered a cocky smile. He needed to get back to work so his boss didn't accuse him of not working during his shift. He needed this job.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 07/26/2011 9:45 PM

Dream shot a glare of her own at the man. "I'm not any different, perhaps I'm just the only one who caught you staring," she said cockily. She, too, tilted her head. What was with this guy's attitude? No one had given her this much of a problem before. But then again... she had never bothered someone because they gave her an odd look a few times. "So, why were you glaring at me?" Though the question was filled with attitude, she really wanted to know who this guy thought he was and why he was glaring at her the way he was.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/05/2011 9:15 PM

Muir continued to glare. He had had enough of this girls questions. What right did she have to ask him? He really didn't want to answer the woman, but he really didn't want to be too rude. So he continued to work for a few minutes, then turned back to her. "Because it's not fair that everyone like you gets to walk around and go about their business, doing whatever they please, and I'm stuck here, cleaning these stupid boats out from the stupid people like you who dirty them with their garbage," he said all this angrily, turning back to scrub half way through because he couldn't look into the woman's furious green eyes anymore. He promptly shut his mouth after that. He hadn't wanted to tell her all that.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/11/2011 12:18 PM

At this Dream put her hands on her hips with attitude that only the female species can project. "What do you mean, people like me? Just because you've got a job that requires manual labor doesn't mean you can just lump together everyone who doesn't as lazy! Or whatever you're grouping me as," she shouted her words at the young man, her bright green eyes flashing with anger. "You have no idea what people are going through," she added through gritted teeth, now fighting back her tears of anger and hurt. She couldn't hold a job because of her bouts of depression from all the heartbreak she suffered. Nobody liked a depressed employee no matter how good their resume was. A tear leaked from her eye and suddenly she didn't look as fierce as she did a few moments ago, but she still glared at the stranger, daring him to come back with something.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/12/2011 8:11 PM

Muir was still paying attention to the woman, but he was looking at the boat, scrubbing it clean. He didn't look up until he heard her voice ascend so much that passers-by were watching the pair. Then he stood up and got a little closer than he probably should have. He shot a glance at Dream that warned her of the potential danger the strangers around them possessed. They could tell his boss he wasn't working on the job and he could get fired.

A particularly old woman was watching the pair with interest, a cell phone within her grasp. Muir suddenly realized that these people where concerned about the young woman with him. And, quite frankly, he would have been concerned as well if he saw a man yelling at a woman and vise versa. He knew he'd regret this, but he put his hands on the woman's arm and turned her away from the gathering crowd. "Let's settle this somewhere else," he told her quietly, leading her away. "Move along, folks, nothing to see here," he said as he turned back to the crowd. "Just a little argument with my, err... girlfriend," he told them.

The group seemed satisfied with his response and dispersed, though that old woman lingered a little longer than the rest. Once she left Muir pulled Dream behind one of the sheds, but before he could say anything the look on her face silenced him.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/12/2011 9:34 PM

Dream was so surprised when the man took a hold of her she was speechless. She remained so until they were safely behind one of the sheds. But when he had her in private, she was furious. "How dare you! That was uncalled for," she practically screeched. Then she threw her fists against his chest, but he was holding her so that she couldn't get too far away. When she realized that she wasn't going anywhere, she stopped throwing her fit and looked up into the deep purple eyes of her captor. There was actually a grin on his face! Her look of surprise soon vanished into a mad glare. "Why are you looking at me that way?"

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/13/2011 9:29 AM

Muir was having a hard time keeping the girl still. She was stronger than she looked. As she thrashed about in his arms he couldn't help but wander why he had grabbed her the way he had. They were so close... He shook the thoughts away that were beginning to crowd his thoughts. There was no time for romance, especially when the subject of such feelings was really angry with him.

He hadn't realized he was actually smiling now and fought hard to make his smile disappear, but the way this woman was acting seemed so unlike a grown woman, and it just made him want to laugh and push this whole thing aside. "Nothing," he answered quickly. Her eyes held his for a moment, but her light green eyes were just too much to continue to stare at. They were just so pretty, he thought. He soon looked away, embarrassed for staring the way he just had. Why had he anyway?

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/15/2011 6:32 PM

Dream had caught that look. She'd seen it before; she had given that look before. But now he was embarrassed... Her gaze softened a little, but she was still a little angry. She decided to go a different approach now. Maybe if she acted like a sensible person, he'd let her go about her business. Not that she had anything to do anyway. "Why did you call me your girlfriend anyway?" She demanded. "Couldn't come up with anything better?" Her voice was a little less furious now, but it still carried the tone that told you to be careful with what you said, even if there was a hint of humor in it.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items