If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Oh, I Do Love To Be Beside The Seaside~! [P, L]

Postby Mousen » 11/28/2011 7:17 PM

(( This is mainly a money making thread and it's to help me solidify these guy's characters when they're all together.))

"I can't believe you suggested this." Well, there was a positive tone if ever there was.
"I can't believe she managed to get you to go along with it." The second voice was amused, practically snickering.
"Oh shut up, both of you. This is supposed to be fun!" Delilah Maycott declared suddenly, her short vibrantly blond hair hanging in curls around her face. "Besides, it's been ages since you took me out, darling. We never go anywhere!" She said to Arthur as she turned towards him.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: Oh, I Do Love To Be Beside The Seaside~! [P, L]

Postby Mousen » 11/28/2011 7:21 PM

Arthur rolled his eyes and linked arms with her. "Because you're always somewhere else."
"Or you, where were you last week, by the way? I sent a telegram to that little place in Tuscany you go when you're thinking and you weren't there! I do hope you're not sneaking off with another woman, darling." The tone was light, teasing even. As if there was another woman on the planet that interested Arthur in the least.

"What do you say, Katya? Is Arthur cheating on me?"
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Mousen » 11/28/2011 7:33 PM

"It's not on the cards, but I could check for you if you'd like me to?" The young woman, who was of Russian descent pulled a packet of Tarot from her pocket, shuffling the cards in a casual manner. Before she'd met Axel she'd been mostly penniless, making her money from telling the odd fortune.

Axel grabbed the packet of cards from her, grinning as he did so. "Axel! Give those here, you little-!"
"Ain't going to happen unless you ask nicely, Katty."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 11/28/2011 7:35 PM

The group laughed and after a moment or two, Axel handed back her cards. Katya grinned before shoving them back in the pocket of her coat. It was a warm autumn morning along the coastline of Jawan. It had been a mild autumn, and the four of them had decided it was time they should go out to lunch together. Running the store and finding antiques to keep it open could occasionally be rather stressful.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 11/28/2011 7:41 PM

"Where do you want to go for lunch?" Axel asked as they walked.
"Don't ask me, I'd never been out of Aldrect before last year!"
"It's up to the Maycotts then."
"Hrm, there's an absolutely darling cafe up by the promenade."
"By the sea front?"
"The very same!"
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/16/2011 7:53 PM

They headed along the promenade, coming to a stop in front of a large building, covered with deep green tiles and huge windows. Delilah gave the place a once-over before stepping inside, Arthur held the door open for her and the rest followed.
"Oh my, it's absolutely stunning." Katya said after a moment, looking about the place.
Arthur gave Delilah a slight smile. "You never mentioned this place...?"
"Saving it for a rainy day."
"And today it is certainly that, let's find a table, shall we?" Axel said quickly, linking his arm with Katya. He really didn't want to have to entertain one of the Maycott's debates.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/16/2011 8:00 PM

The building itself, seemed to be much larger than it had appeared on first glance. Going back quite away, the four were quickly lead through another room and into a huge glass conservatory with plants and several bird cages hanging from the ceiling. They chirped and squawked, giving the whole place an oddly exotic feel.

Meanwhile, Axel kept a close eye on his best friend's expression. Any moment now the wonder of the place was going to wear off and Arthur would start his very own version of the Spanish Inquisition.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/16/2011 8:03 PM

"This place must be for a club of some kind. Correct?"
"How did you come to that conclusion?"
"Well, a place like this could hardly be kept a secret for long of it's not purposely kept that way. Parrots and scones in the same room?"
"I hear the parrots are rather fond of the scones."
"Don't change the subject."
"It's just not very well publicized, that's all."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate