If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

A Trip to the Beach

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/09/2007 6:51 PM

ImageImage

A girl about 14 came onto the beach, which although usually cold at this time of year, the day was warm enough for someone to actually come and enjoy the beach. She was carrying a large canvas bag over one arm and a beach chair in the other hand, and a few pets followed her. The Bleached Fellox was trotting along happily over the sand, carrying a couple towels on his back. The Bleached Leebra was carrying a bucket with some shovels in it, and the Wood Sahound was breaking his back behind them, dragging along a cooler two times as big as him. Kairi finally stopped, and said, "Okay, Cloud, lay the towels over there. Barky, you can just leave that there. Linii, could you help Cloud with the towels?" the girl said, and unfolded her chair and let her bag drop next to it. The two Bleached pets laid out the towels, leaving one on top of one of the other towels. Just in case they went into the water and had to dry off. Barkpelt, the Wood Sahound, opened the cooler and pulled out a bottle of water and tried to unscrew the top. Kairi laughed at the Sahound's comical face, his tongue sticking out ever so slightly and his eyes focused on the cap of the water bottle. "Bark, why don't you get one with a flip top?" Kairi said, and the Sahound looked at her. He tried to say something, but then realized he wasn't in his human form. He suddenly transformed into his anthro form and said, "I don't want to." He then grabbed the bottle and unscrewed the cap easily with human fingers. He sighed with pleasure then took a few gulps. He then closed the water bottle, and wiped his arm over his mouth. "Ahhh..." he said, and sat down on a towel next to Kairi and reached into her bag. Inside were some snacks, a few books, a Nintendo DS, some puzzle books and a notepad and pen. Barkpelt pulled out the Nintendo DS and flipped it open, starting to play it. Suddenly it was snatched from his hand. "Sunscreen." Kairi said firmly, handing him a bottle of Easy Spray Suntan Lotion. He growled, but grabbed the bottle and sprayed it all over his body. Kairi promptly gave the DS back to him, and he eagerly took it and started to play a racing game that had plumbers in it. Kairi stared at his fasination with the silly video game. Who would want to have a game with racing plumbers on it?
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/09/2007 6:58 PM

Kairi sighed and pulled out a book that was surprisingly thick. It had three novels in it, and the front had a polar bear and a girl on it. She sighed as she plunged into the book, the pages being flipped deftly as she read through the book like wildfire through a forest.

Linii, after she was done with the towels, ran down to the wetter sand and started digging and putting it in the pail. Cloudburst, the Fellox, soon joined her, and grabbed a shovel daintily in his maw and started to dig with her. He found it painfully slow, and suddenly deciding to do it, he threw the shovel up the beach and started to dig with his paws, quickly filling the bucket. Linii giggled as some sand graced her maw. Cloud smiled. She then grabbed the bucket's handle in her mouth and flipped it with a twist of her head, letting it sit there for a couple seconds. She tapped on the top a couple times, then patted the sides of the bucket. Then she nosed it up and off the smooth, upside-down shaped tower that now stood there in all it's sandy glory. The two repeated it a couple more times, and suddenly a castle was starting to form. Once they dug a moat around it, they headed out into the water, washing off the sand that had encrusted itself onto their fur.

[[All 2]]

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/09/2007 7:28 PM

Barkpelt, absorbed into his game, suddenly stopped and turned it off, right in the middle of a race. He stretched, then raced down to the water. He saw Cloudburst and Linii down in the sea and wanted to join them. He jumped into the waves with a splash, and swam out to the two Bleached pets. "What 'cha doin'?" he asked, reaching them in a few strokes. "We're just washing off some sand. We're going to build a GIANT sandcastle!" he shouted, and did a bit of paddling as a wave came and made the three pets rise.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/09/2007 7:32 PM

Kairi watched the three pets out in the water and smiled. They were so cute, and she was glad she had taken them out of the stuffy Zoo for a little bit. Besides, Rena and Marie were putting her gifts under the tree and didn't want her to be around. She turned her attention back to the book, which was getting to a good part. She bit her lip as she read on.

Linii smiled at the two then started to swim back in. Cloud and Barky followed her, and they soon reached the beach. Barkpelt shook himself, salty water spraying everywhere. Linii and Cloud ran up to Kairi, grabbing the towel and taking turns drying off. Kairi didn't even acknowledge them, too deep into the book. Boy, it was getting good.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/09/2007 8:19 PM

Barkpelt decided to take a walk along the beach, and wagging his tails he took off to the left of their spot. As he walked, he saw something shiny near the waterline. Hoping it was a pretty shell to give to Bluefrost, his lover. As he ran over to it, he realized it was metal, not shell. He walked over and pulled it out of the sand with barely any difficulty. He came back to the pets and Kairi, displaying his tresure fondly. "Look at what I found." He said, displaying it in his anthro palm. Kairi wrenched her eyes away from the book to look at the little trinket that Barkpelt had found. "Hey, that's a-" she started to say, but suddenly Cloud cut her off. "AHHH!" he screamed, and hid behind Kairi. "It's a cursed locket. Some say that a demon is trapped in it. I hoped to never see one." he said. Kairi's eyes widened. "Bark, throw it into the ocean! QUICK!"

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/09/2007 8:40 PM

The anthro Sahound tried, but the cursed jewelry wouldn't leave his paw-shaped hand. He shook it as hard as he could, but it wouldn't leave his hand. He was starting to get worried. "What if the demon gets loose?" he asked in a scared tone. Cloud spoke from behind Kairi. "Don't worry, it shouldn't come out unless you open it." he said, his voice shaky. Kairi couldn't help but start to cry. "I wish I hadn't brought you here!" she sobbed into her book.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/21/2007 1:50 PM

Cloud nudged her quietly, trying to comfort her. Linii did the same. Barkpelt just kept shaking his hand. Suddenly, the locket popped off. Odd... suddenly it opened. Not odd. Kairi screamed. It was a scary looking Magistrey, a deformed Chaos one. It had one eye, and it's beak was bubbly and deformed. It screeched at them, and suddenly Cloud was lunging for his throat. The Fellox suddenly felt the need to protect the girl. Barky felt the same, letting his shape settle back into a Sahound then jumped at the hunking brute. It's wings had no feathers, they were all scaly and deformed. Ugh, and they were covered with pus. Linii helped Kairi get away, dragging the girl halfway across the beach. "No, we have to help! I have to help!" Kairi screamed, but Linii wouldn't let her. If she died, they had nothing, really. How could they go home? They would be ashamed.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby ocean fang » 01/16/2008 7:18 PM

Ocean Fang had returned to Jawan, her home, and it felt so good to be back. She had been gone for some time now, and almost hated herself for it. But she was back and had been walking up and down the coast line with
Free Song her langerine, Pacaso her Arkunah, and Avela her hydraluna. (hope thats the right name) It had been peaceful all that afternoon, Untill she heard the shrieks of terror. As an impulse Ocean and her pets rushed twords the sound. She saw The ugly monster and a few characters that seemed so...familular to her.
</center>
<center>Image

<center>Image
ocean fang
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 177
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 01/16/2008 7:36 PM

Kairi tried to get Linii to let go of her, and then she saw Ocean Fang. "Ocean Fang! Over here!" she called. She remembered her friend from the Keepers, an elite group she had joined because of her wind powers. Linii let go of her, seeing that a friend was here. Kairi ran towards her, pointing at the monster that had jumped from the locket. "We... found... locket... monster... help?" she asked, out of breath. She took a deep breath.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby ocean fang » 01/20/2008 3:14 PM

Ocean Fang quickly scramled all her pets together, and looked at kairi with a look of confusion. What ever the matter was, she had to help. She dashed twords the beast ready for anything. then when she got a few feet two it she stopped. It was hideous, and oviously wasn't very friendly. Ocean told Pacaso, and Avela to prepare for battle, then she looked over at Kairi.
"What happened, What is this thing?" she Breathed. Free song who sat on her shoulder cowered behind ocean's Icy white hair.
</center>
<center>Image

<center>Image
ocean fang
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ocean fang » 02/01/2008 5:43 PM

Before she could get an answer ocean ducked to the side, trying to avoid the monsters claws. She told Pacaso and Avela to keep thier distance and pulled out her staff. Whatever the monster was, it wasn't friendly. It was oviously going to forcee a battle.
</center>
<center>Image

<center>Image
ocean fang
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 02/01/2008 9:28 PM

"It's a creature... we're not sure exactly... it came out of that!" she breathed, pointing at the silver locket sitting across the beach. Linii cowered behind Kairi while Cloudburst and Barkpelt worked on distracting it, trying to keep it away from her. "I don't have my sword, I wasn't expecting this!" she shouted as she moved away from it. Linii whimpered. She never was a tough one. "Shush!" she commanded the bleached Leebra. Linii's whimpered stopped quickly. Kairi felt at her wrist- and nothing was there. "My powers!" she whispered, frightened. She suddenly went into a panic. What if the monster got a hold of them? She quickly tried to contact her dragon, Razor Winds. Razor! Help! she called to him through thought.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby ocean fang » 02/03/2008 3:36 PM

"Kairi" Ocean Yelled. "Do you think their is anyway to return the monster into the locket?" She dodged the creatures claws then ran for an crushing strike, only to be knocked back into the sand. She quickly got up and began ordering Pacaso and Avela to attack. "So much for a relaxing day," Ocean breathed.
</center>
<center>Image

<center>Image
ocean fang
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate