If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

[* Wait, Where Did You Come From? [P/L]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/13/2012 7:09 PM

He tilted his head, a little perplexed, as he looked over the little store's fish.

"I'm looking for, uh..." He picked out his little paper and fiddled with it a little, scratching his head with uncertainty. "I... King... Crown... Shrimps?" he asked hesitantly, looking back at the fisherman timidly.

Confused, the man just raised an eyebrow at him and shrugged. "Ne'er heard o' that," he replied simply, although he did motion to some common shrimps that were sitting on some small ice on the side. "Got 'em, though."

"Ah, no, they're regular shrimps, they're not what I'm looking for. But thank you," he answered before bidding the fisherman his goodbye with a sheepish, embarrassed smile. He could swear the man was burning through him as he walked away from the stand, back facing the little store that one amongst many here in Jawan.

A little ways away, the young man stopped and sat down on a free bench, sighing with defeat. He pulled his little paper out of his pocket again, looking at the name he'd scribbled. His mother had asked him to go buy "King Crown Shrimps," but now he felt like she'd just made fun of him. Do those shrimps even exist? he wondered with another sigh. It wasn't like he could just go back home, either; his mom would be upset if he came back without anything for dinner.

But for now, he would take a small break and relax on the bench. He'd almost visited a dozen stands, and despite this being Jawan, the town with the most seafood available, he hadn't found any of those shrimps. And in fact, every single fisherman gave him weird looks when he'd asked about them.

But things would work out somehow, right?
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: [* Wait, Where Did You Come From? [P]

Postby Silverin » 07/13/2012 9:58 PM

Oh boy it was finally the night of the new moon. One of the few times Exo could leave this luxury prison cell of his and go out to explore the mortal world. Since the days of the full and new moon were the only times he was allowed to leave, Exo planed to use his time wisely and explore as much as he could. There were so many things he wanted to know about that world. If only he could see what it all looked like, unfortunately he had been cursed to be blind as a result of being destined to be the story writer. He would never see it unless someone could project the images into his mind.

Being locked up was also because of his destiny or rather because of the paranoia of other angels that the secrets will be leaked. That’s how he saw it though. He never wanted to be locked up. He wanted to go out and meet people. Maybe ever become friends with someone. How he longed for companionship since hardly anyone was allowed to visit him. If someone was allowed to see him it was a limited visit as commanded, even for angels.

“Now, where to go? Hmmm… I should go…” he said to him self as he played with a globe in his hand before tapping randomly on its surface. “I guess… here maybe? Or no… there?” He kept shifting his fingers over the bumps of what he could feel were continents. Exo could not tell the names of the areas. His globe was not detailed enough or large enough for him to find the specific areas late alone where he would land. It always seemed to be luck.

“There I want to go there.” He said finally picking out the spot he could feel. It was right on the coast, it would be his first time near any body of water. Things would be interesting there… just hopefully he would not land in the water.

With a wave of his black wings he had slipped through an opening between worlds and into the sky above Jawan. The smell of the salt water filled his nose and the warmth of the sun felt good on the surface of his wings. He was so focused on the feeling that he got caught by surprise by cross winds and sent tumbling out of the sky. “Ahhhh!” He had no idea where he was falling until CRASH! He landed right in the middle of some poor seaman’s crates of fish.

Exo sat up and rub the side of his head before realizing that the seaman was now cursing angrily at him. “Oh… oh d-dear… I am terribly sorry sir… I-I “ He stammer and stood up quickly. “I… will pay for it all if be n-needed…” Exo reached for his pouch… oh no he left it in the heavens what was he going to do.

PLEASE DON'T GIFT ME. I AM NOT INTERESTED.
There are better folks to gift.
:::Breeders:::Rental:::WishList:::
Avi is from The Worst Monster Of Them All animation on youtube
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

[199]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/13/2012 10:42 PM

With a weather this comfortable — even if a little hot — he was almost starting to doze off, his small messenger bag slopped awkwardly next to him, and his body almost slipping off the bench. His head hung low and a little to the side, showing that he wasn't really awake, and that he was slowly starting to doze off. He'd been walking around Jawan all day, so a break was welcomed.

He probably would've fallen asleep on a public bench had it not been for a loud crash and thud that happened suddenly, which made him jump out of surprise. "What the...?" he mumbled as he looked around, just to make sure he was still in Jawan — or more specifically, still in a relatively safe place. You never know, right?

He eventually caught a glimpse nearby of a fish stand, the boxes of which that had been thrown over and damaged, with the fisherman cursing and screaming louder than a child throwing a temper tantrum. In the middle of it all was a peculiar man, black wings attached to his back. He blinked at the sight of something so unusual, but he wasn't particularly afraid or surprised. Creatures of mythical or strange origins were common in this world.

Hearing the fisherman scream and seeing the "offender" being obviously flustered and taken aback, he made his way towards the stand, just like pretty much everyone else.

"You fu'ker! Yah to'tly detroyed mah stand!" the fisherman screamed as he made his way towards Exo, too enraged to really question where he'd come from and what he was. "Ya know how much time Ah put i'to mah fishes?! D'you know, bitch?!" At the mention of getting paid, the man seemingly got even more agitated, going so far as to grab Exo by the collar. "Damn right yer gonna pay mah stock! Yah ain't leavin' this town 'till Ah get mah money's worth!"

"H-hey! Leave him alone!" the young brown-haired man interjected, putting his arms in-between Exo and the fisherman to try to separate them. "You're scaring him! He didn't mean it..." Well, that's what it sounded like, right? It seemed like the winged man was willing to pay for the lost stock, so there was no need for this seaman to get so agitated over spilled milk. "He said he'd pay you for them!"

But besides this particular young man, it seemed like nobody was really willing to help the fallen winged man. Most were watching curiously, and others were almost expecting an all-out fight to break out.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: [* Wait, Where Did You Come From? [P/L]

Postby Silverin » 07/14/2012 8:05 PM

Exo took a step back away from the man when he approached him. This visit was not going the way he would have liked. On top of falling into the mans stack of crates filled with sea food, he had no way of paying him back since his pouch was gone, was now covered in fish guts, managed to ruin his flowing garments and stank to high heavens. The angel in charge of him was not going to be impressed.

To get out of this mess he first had to get away from the man, which was not going to be likely. Even if he got away from him, he looked as if he was going to hound him till the ends of the earth. Exo could go back to the heavens but also knew if he did he might no be able to come back until the next complete moon phase, considering how he had no idea where he had left his pouch. This fisherman was also not likely going to accept any sort of labour as his payment either. He could just perform a miracle and just fix all his fish but he was forbidden to do so. Well it could not hurt… maybe.

Before Exo could do anything he felt the seaman grab hold of his collar and pull him close enough to his face that he could smell the tobacco on his breath. “But but… I” He closed his eyes and wincing. Exo turned away shying away from the man like a child expecting to get hit.

He loosened up a bit when he heard another man’s voice. He was going to… help him? Exo never expected anyone to help him, he knew how much sailor’s liked fights but it was a pleasant surprises. Was he a sailor? There was no way for a blind man to tell but who ever he was, Exo was glad to receive his help.

He heaved a sigh of relief as the sailor’s grip loosened on the collar of his robe. “I… I am sorry… I lost my pouch with my money in it… it seems… could I... interest y-you in something else?” he said apprehensively, taking a step back. Exo was expecting to get pummelled if the stranger was not going to help him again. It looked like he had no other choice but to perform a miracle or maybe… if he could muster some courage, ask the stranger for help. He did not want to ask. It was rather rude to ask but it seemed like he was going to have to break the rules.

Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[200]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/14/2012 11:05 PM

When the fisherman was spoken to by one of the bystanders, he turned his attention to the young man, and he, too, got a whiff of that terrible tobacco smell. He gagged a little and coughed from the smell, all the while making a grimace at the fisherman.

"Yah wanna start a fight, punk!?" the sailor screamed, using his free hand to grab the young man by his collar as well, now holding both men with each hand. "You in cahoots with dah freak her'?!"

"I-I don't know him, but that's no reason to let you do that!" the brown-haired man retorted, squealing a bit in surprise when the fisherman grabbed him by the collar as well. What in the world was this man's problem? While he could understand how frustrated he was, having lost almost his whole work for the fishing season, the winged man was willing to pay him and to apologize for the accident. Why wouldn't he calm down? "Ugh... I don't want to start a fight, either."

At the mention of Exo not having his money, the sailor seemingly got even worse. "'N ya dun even have any monies, yah bitch?!" he screamed at the winged man, literally spitting in the guy's face.

Amongst the crowd, whispers were starting to go around. Some were talking about the fisherman going a little too far, others were a little unnerved, but others were talking about a completely different topic. "Hey... isn't that guy with the funny brown hair the prince? From one of Lamenolai's families?"

When the whispers got to the fisherman, he blinked and stared at the man who'd interfered, surprised. "Wait... Dey sayin' yer the prince from one o' those Lamenolai fancy-pansy famerlies?" And the more he looked at the man, the more he noticed the details; the white streak of hair, the scar over his eye, the necklace made out of little silver balls.

When he realized that this was indeed the prince, the fisherman let go of both him and Exo, before stepping back and looking away with a sheepish look. "Erm, sorry, sir prince lad," the fisherman said, scratching the back of his head. "But Ah got a famerly to feed! 'N now Ah dun have bread to sell no more!"

When he was let go and when he noticed the fisherman cooling off, the prince scratched the back of his head as well, a little embarrassed at the sudden change of tune and the attention people were giving him now. "I'll... pay for the stock you lost. I need to work it out with everything else, but I'll pay you back for what happened. So please, let this man go?"

There was a sigh from the fisherman, but he seemed to be willing to go with that. "Fine... Ah'll drop th' hook. Thank ye much, sir prince." He shot a last stare at Exo before leaving the two men to their business. Eventually, the crowd also separated, leaving the two men to their business, although some curious folks had stuck around just to get a glimpse at this prince.

When they were alone, the prince turned to the winged man, now that they had a chance to talk properly. "That... was something," he said a little sheepishly, scratching the back of his head again. "M-my name's... Sandford," he introduced himself, offering a hand to Exo as he did so. "What's yours?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silverin » 07/16/2012 8:07 PM

When the fisher man grabbed Sandford by the collar of his shirt Exo wanted to protest about it but no words escaped his open mouth. He wanted to do something but found him self frozen, unable to move. Things only became worse when the fisherman heard him say he had no money with him. Flinching as he was yelled at. Shutting his eyes tight as his foul smelling saliva got sprayed in his face. Unsure if this mans breath or the fish guts on his body smelled worse. “I-I am sorry.” He stuttered taking a step back again.

Exo could now hear the growing crowd whispering about the man who had come to his aid. A-a-a Prince?! This man was a prince. He would never have guessed, then again Exo could not see any of the defining features, he could touch them but that would be kind of odd especially in public.

The fisherman stopped his rampage. He likely would have stopped as well if the man knew he was an angel… although saying that he was an angel would make him look crazy. The fisher man would have likely called him a dirty lying brat and then beat him or told him to prove it something Exo could easily do if needed.

When the fisherman finally let get and the young man offered to pay, Exo could feel him self protest inside. “Y-you don’t need to…” He mumbled but found him self unheard by anyone. Likely because other people we being rather loud, which at the same time over loaded Exo senses.

As the fisher man left Exo had no idea he had shot him a glair. Actually it was likely the fact that Exo was totally blind was lost in the heat of the moment. Even though he missed things with his eyes, as the crowd cleared he had not missed people talking about the prince. Some seemed like they would fawn over him if Exo was not standing there.

“I-I suppose it was… I‘m… Exodus but you can call me Exo if you wish.” He chuckled at how they both stuttered and stretched out his wings. Exo was lucky he could pin point his location and even where his face was so that he could look directly at him, there was nothing to hide his milky white eyes. Their original mint green color was no longer visible but outlines of the iris and pupil in each eye still remained.

He shifted his weight from one side to the other nervously. “I suppose I made quite a mess… Sorry… about that.” Exo gripped his robe loosely with his hands before the smell of fish reached his nose again making him wrinkle his nose. “I never knew these creatures smelled so bad.” He pulled a clam out of his hair.

Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[201]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/16/2012 9:28 PM

"Exodus, huh? It's nice to meet you," Sandford replied with a timid smile, still holding out his hand for Exo to shake. He was patiently waiting for the angel to shake his hand, but when Exo simply stretched his wings and looked in his direction, Sandford found himself a little curious as to why the stranger wasn't returning the shake. It was only when he looked a little closer that he noticed Exo's eyes being milky and white; just like his own left eye, which had been injured when he was a child.

Sandford knew the look of that kind of eye; but before he could get the courage to ask something so upfront, Exo had already moved the conversation along. When he noticed the man taking a clam out of his hair, Sandford went on to help Exo clean his robes as well. "Ah wait, let me help you with that," he invited as he pulled some guts and awkward fish pieces away from Exo's clothes. "Don't worry about it, I bet it's not the first time someone's tripped all over their stock," Sandford assured the winged man as he continued to help him clean up a bit. "I agree though, seafood smells pretty bad," he agreed with a sheepish smile. "But some of it is just delicious. It's well-worth the smell! Have you ever tried seafood before?" While Sandford did love seafood, he understood how it really wasn't for everyone. It was honestly and acquired taste, and the more you tried it, the more you came to take a liking for seafood.

As they continued to talk — or as Sandford felt like, as he kept on hogging the conversation — he could feel how some people had stuck around, seemingly staring at the both of them. Sandford wasn't one for social situations much, especially not when people were paying attention to him because he was royalty. "Hey, you... want to go elsewhere?" Sandford proposed, glancing over his shoulder at those few curious people that were sticking around. Of course, only if Exo wanted to move. Sandford was only proposing it, really.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silverin » 07/18/2012 9:33 PM

“Its nice to meet you too… in fact more than just a little nice.” He giggled as he spoke. Indeed it was more than a little nice that Sandford stepped in before the sailor decided it was a good idea to give Exo more than just a black eye and a few broken bones, although it was pretty hard to break his bones. His fall from the sky was normally enough to break the average birds bones and possibly kill them. Exo on the other hand got out of it with nothing but a few scratches, a burse or two, ruffled feathers and covered in fish guts.

Exo gave Sandford an appreciative nod as he helped him clear him self of the mess. Although where they were located was not exactly the best place to get cleaned up but removing the more obvious pieces of fish and other sea food was a start. He defiantly agreed the smell was awful though and did not entirely trust that sea food tasted good but as people say, don’t knock it till you try it. “No. Not at all. I have never had any. What is it like?” He was half tempted to take one of the clean pieces out of one of the boxes of fish but was unsure if people ate things raw or cooked.

He spread out his wings to their full span and gave them a flap to free any bits of debris on them being careful not to hit Sandford in the process. “Yes  we should go somewhere else… although I can’t see people staring I can hear them commenting.” Exo agreed with him. There were too many people. It was too open and things could get more awkward than they needed to quite fast. A prince and an angel stood out when alone, Exo had no idea how many people were gawking at them since they were conversion. He knew more of the focus was on Sandford because they knew what he was but he also knew he also stood out like a sore thumb or at least he guessed he did. The whole ruckus he caused was not a help either. It could have been worse though. He had landed in worse places before.

Now where to go? There were lots of places. Exo normally wondered until he got somewhere he wanted to go. Sometimes that wondering got him rather lost but it was always easy to get back to the heavens. All he had to do was go up or open a gate. Normally he stuck to the park. He knew his way around there since he went there almost every time but being near the sea was something rather new to him along with this town.

“So um… you should lead. I am new to this place so I don’t know where we could go. That and I am as blind as the creatures that live their lives in caves.” It was safer this way. He figured Sandford knew his way around or at least he hoped he did. Nothing could possibly get worse than what he almost got him self into.

Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[202]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/19/2012 10:18 PM

Sandford felt a sort of friendly pity for Exo when the angel said he'd never tried seafood. There was no telling the angel would necessarily like it, but liking fish and other sea creatures was an acquired taste, exactly like sushi, which was mostly fish as well. "Well... it's different, for sure. A lot of people don't like it — or they don't really develop a taste for it. Beef and chicken are usually preferred, since seafood kinda has its own special flavors. It's hard to explain, though..." But... maybe Exo would like to try some? After all, it'd be easy to try seafood in Jawan, the biggest seafood city in the whole Lands. However, after all this ruckus and at this current time, it was no time to eat. Maybe later, though? He'd have to keep this in mind.

When Exo said he couldn't see people, but he could hear them, Sandford blinked at the man. Was he right when he assumed that those milky eyes were the same as his own blind one? Although he wanted to ask, he felt like it'd be rude to ask outright. Maybe it was a touchy subject for Exo, or maybe it would send him into a rage. It might even make the man depressed or something similar, so he figured he would just discard the comment.

When the angel actually said that he was blind as a bat, though, Sandford couldn't help but think that the expression wasn't just figurative, in Exo's case. "So... you are blind, aren't you?" he blurted out, only to pause, feeling a little guilty. "I mean... Sorry, I didn't mean it like that," he corrected himself quickly, although he couldn't take back those words. "But... let's go somewhere else, first. A lot of people are watching... It's a little unsettling." Some of them had given up, but many were still gawking at the two of them, and it was getting unnerving.

Sandford looked around, trying to think of a place where there would be less people. To his knowledge, there was no park nearby, but there was a very small beach. It was more for walking and for relaxing than to play in the water, since it was a lot smaller than a regular swimming beach. "There's a small, quiet beach not too far away," Sandford pointed out, turning back to Exo out of habit, not consciously realizing that the man couldn't see whether Sandford was looking at him or not. "Want to go there?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silverin » 07/22/2012 7:03 PM

“I-I suppose I will just have to try it~” Exo gave a soft chuckle as Sandford gave him a bit of explanation on seafood. All that he had heard about sea food before was that it was expensive and people who were wealthy often ate it. At one time though, some kinds of seafood were considered garbage, bait or poor man’s food. Lobster was one such example. It was considered garbage. There were reasons behind this label though. They were bottom feeders, meaning they ate the trash of the sea. How they became a delicacy was because some rich folk who never lived near the sea were tricked in to buying them only to discover how delicious they were. At the same time, they were still bottom feeders and still hold a place as one of the oceans trash cans. Crabs as well as sharks also held a similar title, although sharks gained the title more recently as people polluted the oceans.

Nothing but a gentle smile came across Exo’s face when Sandford apologized for how he asked about his blindness. “Oh there is no need to apologize, I know how you meant it and yes I am totally blind. Can’t see a thing.” He said in response in an attempt to get Sandford to relax a little more. He appeared to be just as nervous as Exo was normally around people because of it though, he found himself relaxing a little himself. He found it easier to get along with him because of their similarities.

The attention they were getting was starting to increase again or that is what it felt like to Exo. He was not entirely sure if that was how his new found friend was feeling like as well but he had guessed it was likely similar judging by the sound of his voice as he roughly out lined how many people were watching them. “Y-yes... a beach does sound like a nice place to go... I have never been to a beach before.” If he was a cat he would be purring with delight, the beach was one of the reasons he had come here.

Exo held out his hand to Sandford. “Umm... do you... uh... mind gilding me? I know it’s a little awkward... b-but you don’t exactly have to t-take my hand.” Exo pulled his hand back to his side in embarrassment. He was not exactly thinking when he held his hand out to him. It would come off as rather strange to most people if they saw the prince take his hand and guide him. Especially if they did not notice how he was blind. Exo could likely fallow him on his own but sometimes he miss calculated as to where he was going and had lost people he was suppose to fallow in large crowds before. Even in the heavens this sometimes happened.

He could not wait to get to the beach though. The way Sandford made it sound made it seem perfect for him. With not many people Exo could easily hear and feel things around him. He would be able to tell the direction people and things were from the sound and feel of the wind. It was excellent, if none of the gawking people fallowed them. There was bound to be maybe a few weirdos even if Exo wished there to be none.

Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[203]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/27/2012 4:29 PM

Sandford smiled sheepishly when Exo said he hadn't been insulted by being called blind. "I did think you were... I'm half-blind myself, so I know what blind eyes look like," he explained, subconsciously still trying to apologize for calling Exo out on his blindness. Sandford himself wasn't sensitive to his own, since he could still see, even if only from one eye. Considering Exo had crashed into a bunch of seafood, maybe the angel would've been irritated at the comment. It was like rubbing salt into the wound, and that was the last thing Sandford wanted to do right now.

At first, he thought Exo was holding out his hand just out of a small formality, since they'd just met. However, when the angel specified what he wanted Sandford to do, the prince understood that wasn't it, especially when the angel withdrew his hand, embarrassed. "Oh, I don't mind! I understand what you mean." Not to mention that Exo had never seen a beach before, so how could he get around a city he didn't know to find something he'd never seen or been to? But how they could get there? Clearly, Exo didn't want the two of them to hold hands, considering they were both men and both strangers. To begin with, the physical contact would be awkward, especially when both of them were timid. A guide dog would've been useful here, but they weren't readily available for anyone and everyone to take. Sandford didn't have a rope or anything, either, so they couldn't latch onto any—

"Oh! I know!" he bursted out as he smacked a fist into the palm of his hand in realization. He was wearing a regular tight-fit sleeveless black shirt, together with a mostly yellow blazer, adorned with some blue designs; it was like a t-shirt and light, just perfect for the summer time. Looking at him, Sandford actually didn't really look like a prince at all. That aside, Sandford took off his blazer and put Exo's hand over it. "Here, we can hold onto my jacket," he instructed as he grabbed one side and leaving the other to Exo. "This way I can guide you without us having to hold hands." It's not like Sandford would've minded. He wasn't into guys, to his knowledge, and it wouldn't bother him if people started thinking he was going out with a guy. Exo had looked embarrassed, though, and it was the physical touch that Sandford wanted to avoid.

But once Exo would grab onto the blazer, they could start heading towards the small beach. "It's not too far from here, but I'll tell you once we reach the stairs."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silverin » 08/14/2012 9:44 PM

When Sandford said he was half-blind, Exo was tempted to reach up and touch his face but refrained from doing so at the moment. He had figured that most people who were half-blind had some sort of injury to their face. As to what caused Sandford to loose his sight in one eye, he did not know. He wanted to know but it could be a rather touchy subject and this place was not the place to ask, there were too many people. Exo had gradually lost his sight, it was never taken from him… or at least other people saw it that way. To be more honest fate had taken it from him and would never give it back.

“That’s a shame.” There was a look of pity and concern on his face. He imagined it was fairly easy to startle Sandford if one approached him on his blind side. It had likely been done a few times before and was possibly one of the reasons why he sounded nervous or so he had guessed. Exo knew all too well how easy it was to get startled or surprised especially if someone managed to approached with little sound or did so in a large crowd. Just because Exo had really keen hearing did not mean he did not sometimes get lost in noises on a busy street. It was easy for him to get distracted and he could not readily pin point peoples voices that well. Actually it was not all that different from looking at something else while walking and not seeing what was ahead of them.

Exo jumped a bit when Sandford smacked his fist into his palm but was pleased with what it signified. He had taken off his jacket so that it would be a little less awkward and even if it was it likely would make it plan as day to people around them that he was blind, although Exo still somewhat blushed at the idea. “Ok that works for me.” He reached out, feeling around in the air a bit before, placing his hand on the jacket. “I think I have it.” Hopefully he did. There have been a few times he had unintentionally grabbed the person instead of the object, most of the time he could tell by a feel though.

He had never been good with stairs the fact that Sandford was willing to ease him through it was good. Maybe he would not fall down them. If he did Sandford would likely catch him. Exo had kinda figured his mother or father was likely strict about his etiquette. Or maybe they were relaxed. The angels were strict with etiquette, although Exo never picked up on them fast and was only shown a few things so knew little about all the ins and outs.

As they approached the beach area, his ears wear blanketed by the soft rolling sound of waves, the sound of the sea breeze air currents and the calls of air born sea birds. He was not entirely paying attention to where he was exactly going. Exo just fallowed Sandford's lead and immersed himself in the sounds around them and new feeling of the warm sand against his toes.

Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[204]

Postby Jaykobell » 08/18/2012 8:07 PM

In order to ease the process for the blind angel, Sandford held the blazer a little higher up and exposed it more so it would be easier for Exo to grab. Although he was only half-blind, Sandford could remember how hard it was to just grab objects when he'd first lost sight in his blind eye. He sometimes had a hard time even though he could still somewhat see, so being entirely blind would probably stress him out even more. He would freak out if he woke up finding his other eye dying on him. "There you go, you've got it," he confirmed when Exo did grab the blazer on his own side.

The closer they got to the beach, the more you could hear all the typical beach sounds. Seagull gawking overhead, small waves washing in on the sand, the breeze blowing in from all sides, and even the happy conversations from the people relaxing on the beach and playing in the water. It wasn't very crowded, however, so it would be more comfortable than back in the busy, crowded little marketplace. The closer they got, the more sand started popping on the concrete path leading to the beach. It went from solid gray concrete to a more sand-covered concrete path, to some small stairs that lead straight into the sand. With people wearing shoes and having sand stuck all over them, though, piles and mounts could be found a little ways before the stairs.

When they reached the stairs, Sandford went a little ahead. "Okay, wait, we've reached the stairs," he warned Exo as he took a few steps down the stairs to be ahead and so he could guide the blind angel down. "Here, there's a ramp to help you out. The stairs aren't very tall and there's only a few," he guided as he dragged his half of the blazer to the ramp so Exo could find it easily. "They're concrete stairs, but be careful because you'll go from hard concrete to sinking sand in one step," Sandford warned so Exo wouldn't be surprised. It was a little unsettling when you went from two different ground types, and since Exo couldn't prepare himself visually, Sandford tried to keep everything in mind. If the angel did end up falling, then Sandford was ahead and could catch him. And if worse came to worst, the two would just end up toppling over right onto the sand below.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silverin » 01/17/2013 2:32 PM

Exo smiled timidly as soon as he the sound of Sandfords voice, answering his confirmation of grabbing his blazer with a “Thank you.” This helped him it had helped him a lot. He had never been around someone who was so willing to help him. Even if the other angels did help him, they always seemed to have an air that came off as somewhat snobbish to him or too up tight. His guards were always up tight. It was always as if they thought that he could choose what he wrote as people destinies or that Exo was inferior to them because of his manners. He did know that some of them did think he did not have any manner. Any of them who thought he could choose what he wrote was wrong; he had no control over it.

Once they had gotten to the stairs, Exo waited listening to Sandford’s instructions carefully. Exo was no use to the feel of sand and so agreed with what his new companion had said. Going from a hard solid surface to ground that shifted beneath you would be a shock to his system considering how Exo had never felt sand before. “Yes I will be care…” His thought was interrupted as he picked up the sound of multiple foot steps behind him. Exo could tell that they were coming up on them fast, too fast for him to react since all his focus was on Sandford until now.

The three kids were running down the board walk dressed in swim gear from head to toe. They did not look like they were slowing down in fact they actually seemed to be speeding up. “Move out of the way you stupid Freak!” The one in the lead wearing a red base ball cap facing backwards on his head shouted at Exo and Sandford before slamming his forearm into Exo’s back, pushing him down the stairs. “That’s what you get for standing in our way you loose!” the second kid called as they rushed past Exo and Sandford on to the beach. The third child just smirked a little at the sight before running off after his buddies.

Exo lost his balance and could not regain it after being pushes, when he did try he found himself tripping over his robe making him think that wearing a robe in the realm of the living was not such a good idea. At this low height his wings were absolutely useless as well. He did not have time to spread them and fly, instead he just tumbled straight in Sandford below him.

(Sorry for the wait ;3; I am such a bad rper)

Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate