If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Best Enemies, Worst Friends...wait, is that right?

Postby Roxianna » 12/11/2007 9:25 PM

Don't post here yet!  Please wait until all of the needed positions are filled!  (See here)

Common Hollowheart

Ryu-Youkai
of the Kanuchi family

Bishoujo-Tenshi
of the Naricolito family

Prolouge:

The stars twinkled in the sky and the full moon shone it's beautiful golden glow.  Two young girls sat huddled together in the cold night wind, the older one's dragon wings spred out to cover the other's injured angel wing.  Each was no older than 8, but that was as far as the similarites reached.  The elder of the two was beathing heavily, a sly grin spred across her face.  Her red eyes shined at the thought of the two's daring escape just moments before, and the Common Hollowheart girl, the one with the dragon wings, reached up and brushed back her black hair behind her ears.  She had been born with natural red highlights, how strange, and pale skin that reflected light almost as brightly as the moon itself.  Ryu, as that was the Hollowheart's name, sighed a put her arm aroung the other girls sholder, for they were best friends.

The other girl, slightly younger than Ryu, looked at the older girl's hand for a moment before starting to sob slightly.  Why was it that they were not allowed to be friends?  What did their parents have against each other?  The Seraph Sahound child shruged Ryu's arm off from around her, for she was in no mood to be comforted.  Bishoujo reached up and fixed her short blonde hair, carfully placing it back into the headband's firm hold.  Her blue eyes sparkled as the tears again started to form, but she blinked them away quickly.  She would not cry.  This was for the best.  Ryu and Bishoujo had been best friends since they met, and no silly vendeta would keep them apart.

That was why they had run away in the first place.

Sitting there in the cold night, Ryu turned to Bishoujo.  "Promise me." she said quietly.

Bishoujo frowned slightly.  "Promise you what?"

"Promise me that, no matter what, we'll be best friends forever."

Bishoujo smiled.  "I promise."

And just as the Sahound girl managed to mutter these words, a group of rugged men came and pulled her to her feet.  The dragged her away, and she went willingly.  For she knew now that she would always have a best friend, no matter what.  

Ryu stood up and leaped into the air, taking flight easily.  As soon as she did she was spotted by her own family, and they imediatley took to the air and chased after her, forcing her to the ground in a matter of minutes.  The 8-year-old returned home screaming wildly, and would not be shut up until, in the wee hours of the night, an older boy of the family came in a knocked her out cold.  But it didn't matter.  For that night, Ryu dreamed about her best friend.

*** 8 years later ***

Bisho sat up in bed, her head resting apon her hand as she thought of the friend she'd been denided all those years ago.  What was happening with Ryu now?  Would they ever see each other again?  Bisho sighed and climbed out of bed.  She poked her head into the hallway, and saw it was empty.  She walked over to the bathroom in the dark, using the wall as a guide.  She was about to open the door to the bathroom when she heard a sound from inside.  Who else was up at this time of night?

Ryu sighed and rubbed the sleep from her eys.  It was too late to be sleeping, that was certain.  Ryu lived for the darkness, for it was when she was alone the most, alone with her thoughts.  Her thoughts were now on her ex-best friend, for tonight was the anniversery of the stupid promise they had made all those years ago.  Ryu's parents had told her stories, terrible stories, about what Bishoujo was up to now, but, with the time to think about it, Ryu knew that that was not the Bisho she knew.  Maybe tonight wasn't a good night to be alone with her thoughts.  She snuck over to her desk and quietly dialed the familiar number on her phone.  She heard it ring several times before someone picked up.  "Hey, what's up?" she asked the person on the other end.
Its 2:45, the baby takes his first breath
The mother never knew he only had a few left.
And the father gets a call in the middle of the night.
His breathe gets short and his chest gets tight.

But he’s sixteen and he’s driving too fast
Takes a turn to the left, it would be his last.
Nobody knows what happens if he turns to the right
Nobody in the car would have died that night.

But he’s thirty-two and invincible
The cancer that he had, it was visceral.
He never saw it coming, though he had his whole life.
Sick in the morning and he died in the night.

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 88
Donate
Location: How do you say 'under your bed' in a way that's not creepy...

Postby Krystalolive » 12/17/2007 8:13 PM

Blaze FenlingImage
Imperial Fellox

A human-fenling was waiting for something. He sat there in his room, in his faded jeans, blood red shirt, and his black band jacket, waiting. Then, the phone rang. He went and picked it up. "Hello? Oh, hi Ryu! You want to hang out in a while?" His tails swished as he talked to his friend.

Bisho's brother walked out of the bathroom. He was a human-fellox, his little tails laying sleeply. His chains clanged as he looked at his sister. Brave asked, "What are you doing up sis?" He was about to fall asleep in the hallway.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/17/2007 9:10 PM

ImageImage
Newton/Wood

"How do you work this thing?" Newton muttered in frustration. "Darn phone! It just had to break, didn't it?" The human Kuchi Nagi fiercly worked with the wires for a second. "Blue goes here...no! Red goes here...yellow goes here...clip the green..." He was greeted by a shock that knocked him against his bedroom wall. Newton sat there, dazed. Suddenly, the phone beeped, signalling that it had come back to life. With a content sigh, Newton reached for the phone and began to dial a phone number clumsily. Finally, he could call Bisho...
~*~

Wood shivered as he walked through the streets shrouded with the morning mist. The sun was barely peeking over the hills, sending warm rays of light that scraped the edges of the shadows. Wood nervously wiped the sweat off his brow. He had flowers and chocolates, yes...he could do this. It was easy: just hand the chocolates and flowers to Ryu...it wasn't hard...
Her house came into view. Wood gulped and urged his stiff legs up the steps. With a trembling hand, he rang the doorbell.

Ding dong...

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 12/18/2007 12:05 AM

Ryu smiled.  "Anytime, you know tha-" Th edoor bell rang.  "Hey, Kyubii, hand on a second, I'll be right back."  Settign the phone down for a moment, Ryu quickly slipped on a pair of slippers and ran down stairs to the door.  Opening it slightly, she gawked for a moment before muttering, "Hey, Wood, um...what's up?"  This was unexpected, but hey...who said life was a normal thing?

Bisho sighed, and whispered quietly, "I should ask you the same thing.  it's late, and you should be in bed.  What do you think you're doing up at this hour?"

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/18/2007 1:27 AM

The phone didn't work.
Newton sighed in frustration and threw it against the wall. Wham!
"Newton, what are you doing up there?" His mother called. "It's too early for you to get up! Are you throwing stuff around again?"

"No Mom." Newton rolled his eyes. "Bug off, 'kay?" He might as well stay in and sleep for an hour or so.

~*~

Wood chuckled nervously. "Er, I brought you chocolate and flowers. You know, just as...a surprise gift and stuff." He paused. "I'm sorry for coming here so early! I mean, I must've woken you up. I'm really sorry for that."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 12/18/2007 9:56 AM

Kyubii said "Okay," and waited for Ryu to come back. He relaxed, somehow knowing something, 'neat' was about to happen.

Brave looked at Bisho, "I had to go. Is that a problem? I came out of the bathroom, in the middle of the night, and you ask me why I'm up. Are ya crazy? Or is it just me?" He smirked, happily.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 12/18/2007 7:59 PM

Ryu smiled.  "Not at all.  I was already up.  I dont like to sleep much."  She thought for a moment about Kyubii on the other line.  He'd wait a while, he'd understand.  "Come in, why don't you?"  Ryu opened the door completely and went over scurried over to the living room.

"Ha ha, very funny."  Bishoujo said, her vioce agitated but kind.   Sighing, Bishoujo ruffled her brothers hair and went back into her room.  What a funny kid he was.

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/18/2007 8:12 PM

It was no use. The. Phone. Will. Not. Work.
Period.
So much for calling myself Newton. He irratibly thought. If I can't fix a phone then what can I fix anyway? Here we go again. Clip the wires here, attach the wires here. Snip, snap. Tape. Glue. Zap. Whoops, spilled water on the thing. Get a towel and dry it. This was becoming quite tiresome...

~*~

Wood politely accepted her offer and followed Ryu into the living room, still holding the flowers and chocolates and flowers. "Erm, is it all right if I put them on the table here?" He set the presents on the table. "Uh, by the way...I was wondering if we could uh..." The flustered Wood got lost for a second. "Go for lunch or something at a resturant you'd like..." There. He got it out. Somehow he felt a small amount of pride bloom in his chest.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 12/18/2007 8:40 PM

Ryu smiled.  She had figured this would be why he was here when he mentioned the flowers.  "Sure thing."  she said happily.  "How about tomarrow?  Or today?  What time is it anyways?"  Ryu laughed quietly to herself about.  She felt so stupid, asking the time to detiremine the day.

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 12/18/2007 10:48 PM

Kyubii hung up the phone. He sneaked through his house, not wanting to wake his parents, and got outside. He then made his way to Ryu's house. He was as quiet as a ninja, and as stelthy. He made it half-way before slowing done to catch his breath.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/19/2007 12:48 AM

"Today? Erm, I think it's six in the morning now." Wood slightly flushed. "Uh, are you free today at noon? I mean, school starts in two days and, well..." His voice trailed off as he realized that he was babbling. "So, is noon good fine with you? We can go to the new resturant that just opened. You know, the one near the ocean that serves seafood..."

(OOC: Erm, do they have school? If not, just let me know and I'll edit my post.)

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 12/19/2007 9:10 PM

(All I have laid out about this roleplay is the fact that they were best friends and that Ryu hates her now, but they'll become friends again by the end.  Anything else is good with me!)

Ryu smiled.  "Nah, I got all of my school shopping done last week.  Any where you'd like to go, as far as lunch goes, that's good by me!"  For a brief moment, Ryu thought again about how Kyubii was still on the other line.  "Er...I'll be right back."  Running upstairs, Ryu checked her phone, hanging up when she discovered that Kyubii was no longer on.  She'd figured as much.  Ryu quickly dashed back down stairs.  "Um, yeah, where were we?" she asked Wood casually. *Ryu

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 12/19/2007 11:30 PM

Kyubii looked at Ryu, and her boyfriend. He went back to his house and hopped on his bed, hoping to crach for a couple of hours.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/19/2007 11:42 PM

"Well," Wood almost lost his nerve right there. "We were talking where we should eat, you know...and...I was suggesting that new resturant...the seafood..." He slightly flushed. "Well, should I pick you up or shall I meet you at the resturant?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 12/20/2007 6:49 PM

Ryu smiled again.  "Which ever is easier for you."  Wow, Wood sure was nervous.  Ryu wanted to giggle, not at hm, but rather, at herself, but didn't, knowing that it would hurt his feelings.  

Bishoujo sat up again.  Ever sense meeting her brother in the hallway, she had been unable to fall back asleep, so she simply decided to lay in bed, and think.  Which was a bad thing.  Bishoujo hated to think about herslef.  It was funner to think about others.  There lives weren't so boring.  Or complicated.  Bisho sat up.  It was just like those thoughts that confused her.  Complicated and Boring; what nonsence!  Bishoujo got up and dressed herself in a little blue dress and made herself some breakfast.  Her parents weren't up yet, but she didn't know about her brother.  It was posible...

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next