If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Re: Why, Hello Stranger... [Malkov x Dejar]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/03/2012 12:06 AM

Dejar blinked, then smiled, and reached out with one hand to stroke through Malkov's hair. His heartbeat was indeed steady and strong - the perfect cadence for his age and such. No irregularities at all. Easy to fall asleep to.

"Don't drop off just yet. We're almost there, and then, you can feed, and drift off for as long as you like while I sleep too." he murmured. "Right now, though- stay awake. You'll sleep more deeply for it afterward."

He pulled onto a small road that lead across some winding hills, pointing out the scenery as they went along. "I love it here by the coast. Do you see those cliffs? Straight down to the sea, and you see seals and stuff all over the rocks during the evening. I've even seen a shark or two. Never a whale, though. Lots of birds."
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby Citanul » 09/03/2012 12:10 AM

"Not sleeping. Promise. The bright lights hurt my eyes." He murmured truthfully - they were some of the brightest lights around, making sure that no one strayed from the roads and onto the cliffs. He leaned lightly into the touch as he finally seemed to relax, becoming comfortable in his mate's presence.

Once they were out of the bright street lamps he opened his eyes and let them adjust before looking out towards the ocean. It was beautiful out here, the cliffs and all of the life around them. "Whales don't come so close... Don't want to hurt themselves on the rocks. But I like to watch the birds."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 214
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/03/2012 1:29 AM

"I just know we're going to have a blast." Dejar said, chuckling as he turned another winding road. "What's more, I can just tell the house to create more rooms between you and your family... if we ever need some alone-time... Which... I'd like. From time to time."

He glanced over at his mate, and smiled a bit. "It is beautiful here when the sun sets. It's one of the prettiest things I've ever seen. My book-nook looks out over the cliffs, into the sunset, and kitchen's breakfast nook faces the sunrise ... I think... it might be the house trying to tell me to spend a little more time with the ones I love, and not... focus so much on the past. Which is why I gave up all of that. I'm ready to let it go, and devote myself to supporting US.... Although finding a job miiiight be a bit hard. I don't exactly have the credentials anymore. I'd have to take online classes in something...."

Thinking for a moment, he looked back out on the road. "What do YOU think? Which sort of thing would I be good at?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 09/03/2012 5:14 PM

Another nod as Malkov watched out the window, still listening to the sound of Dejar's heat beating, his soft breathing. "It would be nice. To have some time alone, away from my siblings. And with you."

Shaking his head a little Malkov smiled a bit. "What do you think my father has done in his years here? I have more money to my name than the Gods could dream of amassing. But you can take classes if you like. I did, when I was young. Just to learn of the world, the new things they say will 'change the world'."

Thinking for a few moments it took until they got to their new home for him to think of a job for Dejar. "You were so good with Brujah when he was small... You could be a good sitter, or a nanny."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/03/2012 9:12 PM

"A sitter, huh? A nanny maybe? That's not a half-bad idea. Maybe a teacher... Although it would have to be for the really, really young ages. I don't think I could deal with teaching teenagers and the like. They're too judgemental. I would seriously end up one of those teachers that races out of the classroom in tears because of teasing. No... if I teach, it should be like... ten year olds at the oldest."

He pulled into the driveway, and drove up to the house proper. As they rounded the side of the house, it was clear that this place literally WAS a mansion. It was HUGE. Tall whitewashed walls stretched up for at least four stories, with dozens of windows, and a small 'porch' like area, complete enclosed in glass. His 'breakfast nook' possibly.

"Here we are! ... It's a little messy inside. I haven't quite gotten everything into order, and the rooms keep changing around on me - but once I'm more settled, I think they'll settle too."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 09/03/2012 9:16 PM

The vampire nodded as he moved to get out of the car and marvel at the house. "Teaching is easy. Could do it out of the house, even. For those who don't like or can't go to conventional schools." He suggested as he walked up, touching the glass for a moment before he walked inside.

It certainly was a mansion... He could see the entire family fitting in here, easily. They wouldn't even have to see one another if they didn't want to.

"You said it's magical. It will settle."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/03/2012 9:27 PM

"I hope so. Regardless, I'd need to choose a place to do the teaching." he mused, locking the door, and letting Malkov and himself inside. Almost as soon as they were inside, two hulking wolfhounds slunk up to Malkov, and starting sniffing him all over, silent, tails waving back and forth as they made a decision.

"Hex! Castor! Leave him alone!" Dejar walked up to the huge dogs, and yanked on both their collars so they stopped sniffing. Both started barking afterward. Hex - the darker of the two, playfully pawed at Malkov, wanting to be petted.

"Hex! Leave the boy alone." Dejar commanded - and was summarily ignored.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 09/03/2012 9:30 PM

Malkov nodded a bit. The grounds were certainly large enough... He would need to have his own space though, with the children. Adults were easy tolet wander off - but kids? ...He knew well enough that was not an option.

As the two wolfhounds came over he seemed a bit speculative - animals... Well, domestic animals usually didn't warm up to him. He let them sniff him before tenatively letting a hand out, letting the darker dog smell him in his own due time and decide if he liked him.

"No, Dejar. It's okay. They aren't bothering me."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/03/2012 9:35 PM

Hex sneezed, but they his tail started to wag, and he walked right up to Malkov, leaning against him with his large body, expecting affection.

"Well that's odd..." Dejar said, scratching his head in a confused fashion. "Usually, he NEVER warms up to people that quickly. You must have something about you, Malkov - some sort of something that tells him you're friend, no foe. Hex is partially blind, you see. When he was younger, he got a flashbang to the face from his previous owners..."

Castor, seeing his brother had taken to the stranger, padded up slowly to Malkov as well, sniffing him lightly and wagging his tail. He wasn't quite so keen to lean, but at least he was tolerating for now.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 09/03/2012 9:39 PM

Unable to help a soft smile, Malkov gently stroked the large dog,rubbing down his back lightly. He was very gentle, but also sturdy against the leaning. Hex couldn't push him anywhere, that was for sure. Whie he didn't truly look it, with his mother's rather lithe figure, he had an above-average strength about him.

"Awh. Poor guy. Normally domestic animals don't like me... I'm glad they do." He carefully patted the other dog's back as well, avoiding his head in case he didn't like that.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/03/2012 10:00 PM

Hex was having none of that. He butted his head straight into Malkov's hand, and kept shoving. He loved his head and ears petted, and was very vocal about such things. He barked a couple of times, head-shoving each time, right into the other's hand.

Castor gave his brother a look like he was completely insane, and started off into the living room to flop down on the cool wood floor, head on his paws, heaving a huge sigh.

"Well... the kitchen's right through here, and if we go a little farther, and take the left hallway, we'll get to my bedroom - which, I'm assuming, is where we'd be going for you to have a snack?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 09/03/2012 10:02 PM

With Hex okay with it, Malkov gently scratched and rubbed his ears, chuckling softly at the bark. "Shh, shh. No need to be loud." He soothed, gladly giving the large dog some attention. At least his brother wasn't attcking him - so all seemed well.

A nod as he turned his attention back to his mate. "Bedroom is best... Do you need to eat before?" He asked softly, knowing that he took a lot out of Dejar by feeding on him.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/03/2012 10:12 PM

"If I eat before, I won't be tired enough to fall asleep after." he said, with a soft shake of his head. "As long as you take your fill, I want to be able to snooze afterward. And I can't do that if I'm full of other things."

He stretched, and lead Malkov to the bedroom. It was lush all over - red carpet with a high pile, housing a double-sized nest bed - red blankets there too. The walls were brushed mahogany, and shone with glowing runes occasionally. The ceiling had the same sort of ruins, but was painted black, so that they looked sort of like stars in a night sky. Sighing lightly, Dejar at once removed his shirt, and flopped onto his back on the bed, giving a contented moan.

"So GOOD to be home... really, truly home."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 09/03/2012 10:15 PM

Nodding a bit Malkov walked into their room, giving a good look around. It was a handsome room to be sure - he liked the color scheme, and was sure his father would approve. Easily he pulled off his own shirt and shoes to lay on the bed, looking into the glowing 'sky' of the celing.

"Home..." He murmured, softly. "Home, with you. Can get used to that."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/03/2012 10:44 PM

Dejar rolled onto his side, and looked at Malkov with a wicked little grin on his face. His eyes glinted happily.

"Home with you is the ONLY Home I want to come home to." he murmured, reaching out to brush some of Malkov's bangs aside. "Are you ready? Hungry?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext