If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

|| Fascinating. [Lav and Thunder]

Postby xLavenderKisses » 10/04/2012 5:43 PM

"Fascinating."

And of course, it wasn't the various exotic fish gaping upon the large array of stalls (Interesting, to be researched at a later time.), the supposedly mystical fortune teller with her crystal ball and tarot cards (Fake.), or even the ships swaying upon rolling crests in the harbour that had caught her interest.

The Sygriff crouched down beside the paved road, putting her face close to the dirt, observing. The curious glances of shoppers and other pedestrians were dismissed so quickly, it was hard to tell if she had registered them at all. Her entire attention was concentrated on the small plant bearing delicate pink flowers.
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Re: || Fascinating. [Lav and Thunder]

Postby Thunder » 05/05/2013 6:23 PM

Veneziano hadn't come here for fun. He had to drop off some top secret stuff with another person who was a member of his underground scientist organization, and Jawan had been designated as their meeting place. It just so happened that some sort of springtime festivity was happening in the city today. He had heard that there were foreign food vendors and a fortune teller, among other things, and so he figured that he might as well take a break after his duty was done.

He was strolling idly in the streets when he came upon a curious sight. There was a Sygriff crouched down by the road, apparently observing something. People were giving it strange looks, and from where he was, Ven couldn't tell what it could possible be looking at. Confused, he approached the griffin and peeked over her shoulder. The mysterious object turned out to be a tiny, pink flower.

"What's so fascinating?" he asked, not really caring if he had popped out of nowhere.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 05/05/2013 7:16 PM

"Genus Myosotis of the Boraginaceae family, more commonly known as Forget-me-nots. Flower colours: blue, pink, and white with yellow centres..." the Sygriff muttered to herself as she crawled around the flower, still with her eyes mere inches from the plant.

After reading what little information the library (It was so horridly organized.) had to offer on these plants, she decided to observe them herself, to verify what the books claimed. At the sound of another's voice behind her, she stopped in the middle of her sentence, surprised to be disturbed.

Anthea (She had finally decided on her name for the day.) peered curiously up at the Lucain behind her and replied, "Everything is fascinating."

She looked back down at the flower, immediately forgetting the other creature's existence. Only a few more seconds of intense observation passed before Anthea sighed.

"Well this is boring," she proclaimed disdainfully to the world as she sat up, stretching her cramped limbs. "It looks exactly as the books describe."

After shuffling her dirt lodged feathers (They will require cleaning.) back into place, Anthea turned around only to end up face to face with the earlier Lucain.

Remembering their earlier semi-conversation, she said, "And you, sir. What do you find fascinating?"

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/06/2013 11:31 PM

(OOC: xD; She's so quirky. I like her~)

To Ven's surprise, the Sygriff didn't pay heed to him. She just went on babbling about the flower she was inspecting, which was apparently a forget-me-not. He had heard of the flower before, but he couldn't recognize it on sight. He wasn't much of a botanist.

But finally, the Sygriff turned to him and replied to his question. "Everything?" he mused out loud. An intriguing philosophy. The Sygriff seemed to contradict herself soon enough, however, by stating that flower was now boring. Ven blinked. It was a swift change of opinion, and why wouldn't the flower be just like what the books described? "What else did you expect?" he chuckled, bemused. "Reference books would have to get their facts straight, or else they wouldn't be on the shelves."

"And what do I find fascinating?" The Sygriff certainly was an oddball, but if she was an intellectual sort, he probably wouldn't have too much of a hard time talking to her...he hoped. "Chemistry and engineering. I do research on both of those for my job, in fact." Of course, he neglected to mention his top secret organization- it was underground for a reason, after all. "I don't suppose you like either of those? Uh, my name is Veneziano, by the way. But everyone calls me Ven."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 05/07/2013 12:09 AM

Anthea glared down at the plant, as if it was its fault that it appeared exactly as described.

"Well, you never know," she shot back, blushing a little at the Lucain's laugh. (Thank Xíng Yún for her feathers!) "Reference books, like all other books, are written by people. People can be wrong," she muttered.

Her ears prickled in interest when the Lucain actually answered to her question. Most people just ignore her when she goes on one of her fixations, giving her looks. (Yes, she notices them. They are always quickly dismissed, though. Trivial information.) The rare few who actually spoke to her quickly left her alone. When Veneziano (Intriguing name. Italian roots, perhaps?) mentioned chemistry and engineering, he had her full attention.

Anthea nodded and exclaimed enthusiastically, "I like engineering. And chemistry. They're both fascinating. Last week I was observing boats!"

Remembering her manners, the Sygriff finally introduced herself. "Today, my name is Anthea. It means flower in Greek." She bent down and plucked a single forget-me-not from its sisters and grinned, "Fitting, isn't it?"

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/08/2013 7:19 PM

She seemed angry at the flower, which again he found amusing, but Ven supposed that she had a point. People could be wrong, and they were wrong a lot. Books could be wrong, but lots of people studied flowers, and he didn't think that there would be many errors in facts on them. Misinformation in the sciences happened most frequently with the new or uncommon.

Anthea (that was her name for the day?) seemed very excited when he mentioned his interests. And even better- she was curious about boats! "Boats!" he exclaimed. "I love boats!" He grinned a grin full of pointy canine teeth. "I live in a small town on the Dead Coast, and I can see boats on the ocean from my house every day. I've always wanted to go sail around the world on a ship, or even build a functioning boat on my own. But my job keeps me very busy, and I don't get many vacations. And the closest I've come to building a boat is making wood models of them." It was too bad that he didn't bring any with him; he was sure the Sygriff would have loved to see them. "Anyway, do you give yourself a different name every day? I've never heard of anyone else doing that."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate