If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Re: [I] I Caught Fire (Dis/Cita)

Postby Citanul » 11/05/2012 7:34 PM

It was hard to believe that such a gentle soul had spawned from the pairing of a rogue Goddess lost from her realm and the first of the Vampires, the madness of eons of loneliness just now bearable upon him. Iahmes did his best to comfort any of his siblings who needed him, and as of late, it seemed Malkov needed him most. They were not close but had an understanding for one another. Malkov wished nothing more than for his madness soothed and in his own way supported the idea of redemption for their bloodline.

A soft sigh as Iah shook his head a bit, turning his gaze back out to the ocean. "I don't know what to think of it, Achilles. I... In a normal family it wouldn't happen. But... It's hard. To seek someone who understands you. Lasombra and Nas'minei are just... Well. They work. Understand each other. Love is a hard thing to find, I hear. I would imagine you would cling to it once found."

With his touch pushed away he moved to sit, legs dangling from the balcony as he pressed his forehead lightly to the cool wood. Achilles was warm - he felt the heat radiating off of him and hadn't even realized until now how warm it had made his own skin. "I don't think so. I love all my siblings, Achilles. But not as deeply as a physical relationship, no." It was a rather curt answer. How would he really feel about it? ...It would be nice, to have someone close. No matter who they were.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 214
Donate

Postby Ander » 11/06/2012 1:01 AM

It took all of Achilles' willpower, and the railing he clenched tightly in his claws, to keep from reeling backwards. Did the older Lucain know exactly what he felt, and merely toyed with him now? His head bowed, nostrils flaring, their owner deep in thought - though both ears flicked toward Iah as he spoke, the only sign that the standing male was still listening to his brother. No...Iahmes was only consoling his obvious tumult. He played the role now that he played for all of the siblings; it was most suited for him. Achilles was ashamed to want more than he could give.

"I imagine I wouldn't." His voice was low, unsteady. As if someone tumbled gravel in every word. Eyes remained closed, head stayed down. He couldn't say that word - love. It was a dreaded thing. Nor could he look at his brother, lest Achilles pull him into an embrace and never let go...or something equally stupid, drastic and wrong. "And I suppose that is for the best. Favoring one would cut you off from the others - impede your quest." Heat suffused the male so thoroughly that the air around him distorted in waves. "And your quest is important. If Caine is redeemed, then he is a monster no more. Is that right?

"Perhaps I could assist you. Offer protection on your journey."
He would protect Iahmes until the end of his days anyway. Or at least, until this accursed infatuation ended. Gods and flame, let it be only that. "If I cannot kill him, I would at least see him redeemed. I don't care which, so long as the monster in him is gone."
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Citanul » 11/06/2012 7:36 AM

How could he even realize how his brother felt? Iahmes' only concern lately was keeping the family together until he could finish his quest. Redemption was not going to come easily nor quickly, but it would come. He had time to do it, as he was quite sure even those who were not vampiric in Caine's line had longer lifespans due to the vampire's influence.

A slight nod as he glanced back, biting his lip for a moment before reaching to his brother, patting his forearm lightly. It was only for a moment, but he hoped it was comforting to him. "Right. If Father is redeemed he is no more a monster. I hope that the madness would leave, the curse lifted." He did favor some of his siblings, for he was closer to some than others... But not to the point that it pushed him away from the others.

"If it would quell your own heart, Achilles, I would be glad to have someone with me." At least for a while. The last part of this path was something that had to be walked alone, but to begin he could use the company. Maybe help his young brother understand their family more.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ander » 11/06/2012 2:21 PM

The boy nodded. His eyes opened at Iahmes' touch, glancing warily at his brother. How such simple contact burned him! And how brave the pale male was in his comforting. That, more than anything else, stuck out to Achilles. How courageous did he have to be to stand up to siblings both mad and powerful, when he was neither? How strong, to still anger as hot as Achilles' own?

"Quell? I hardly know the word." The fiery male's chuckle was wry. "But I would feel better for assisting you. One should not have to endure that journey alone." Perhaps they would not leave today, though. At the moment, Achilles wanted nothing more than to find the monster's mate, see her for the crazed thing she surely was, then curl up and sleep. Today had been too taxing in more ways than one.

Besides, sleeping would keep him from thinking about what he'd just agreed to. For in the back of his mind, the redeemer's younger brother knew that a man's atrocities could not be attributed to circumstance alone. It was entirely likely that some part of Caine, having been a monster for so long, enjoyed what he was too much to stop just because some curse was removed from him. It was perfectly feasible that it was the man, not the vampire, who was the true monster. If it would so, Iahmes' quest for his father's redemption would be for nothing.

Not that it mattered. Even with that outcome, Achilles would be sure he was there to comfort the comforter.
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Citanul » 11/06/2012 4:30 PM

Strength didn't always come from the outward brawn. Iahmes' strength came from his will, his perseverance in all things he wished to accomplish. He had to learn from a young age that he was not as powerful as his siblings, having none of Caine's real powers. Enhanced strength and durability along with a healing factor... All vampiric attributes, but nothing special. Wit and his comforting nature were strong enough to help him survive though, as well as Lysa's rather gentle attentiveness to her youngest son.

"One shouldn't have to, but it may be better to be alone. It is not a burden any others have chosen to share, Achilles. They are perfectly happy to revel in the powers that Father's blood has brought them. For now though, I am happy to have you by my side."

The thought never really occurred to the pale son. He had seen the gentlest side of his father and truly felt that he could be like that all the time. Lysa had changed he was told, once they had their first children together. Maybe with her on his side he could too.

Standing he shifted, pulling down a bunched pant leg before taking his brother's hand. "Come on. Let's go home, and continue our journey tomorrow."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous