If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

[Hunt] Police Break [P/Talcen] [RE2 welcome]

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/14/2012 9:34 PM

Thought he wouldn't be the first to admit it, Harlan needed a vacation. If he wasn't chasing criminals at work, he was home thinking of ways to find them more efficiently. If he was anything it was a workaholic, even though he hated the term. He would rather think of anyone not as devoted as himself as lazy.

Take a break, the chief had said. Go see the ocean or something. You've earned it.

In his mind, that was simply a line of bull. He had obviously not earned it; Fyodor, Stella, and their associates were still on the streets, the department hadn't made a solid arrest in months, and he was working doubly hard with nothing to show for it. How was that "earning" anything?

The officer shook his head, unable to understand it. Whatever. He had better just take today off, if only to get the chief off his back, then it was right back to work. He hadn't worked his way to the top of the organized crime special task force just to take days off.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Re: [Hunt] Police Break [P/Talcen] [RE2 welcome]

Postby Kylo » 12/14/2012 10:22 PM

L had not wanted to go out but after his land lord's, and temporary replacement for Watori, insistence he had left the apartment. He was given a bus pass and kicked onto a bus with the instructions to interact with the public. L, of course, had no intention to follow those instructions. he would stay on the bus, but he would not relax. He would make sure to do work while he was there.

The chances of him finding leads on the Kira case while down here were slim at best, but he might be able to find some evidence on some small cases that he used to take a break from the kira case, not that he needed a break.

L looked out at the busy streets as he stepped off the bus and onto the side walk. People pushed past him as they went about their business. L continued to stand there and look about, not seeming to notice that he was in the way.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/18/2012 1:13 AM

What exactly was he supposed to do with a day off? Harlan had been working for so long that he seemed to have forgotten. His feet carried him down the boardwalk toward the main street of town, though he had no idea the eventual destination. He supposed he could just walk and see what happened along the way, but that hardly seemed like a good use of his time even if it was the only thing he could think of. The ocean, while fine to look at from a distance, was a bit too cold for swimming, and he wasn't hungry enough to stop in one of the seaside cafes for lunch. So he was stuck with wandering.

The foot traffic picked up the closer he got to the main road. Here, the small shops had opened their doors for the Christmas season, drawing in shoppers from all over Evelon who wanted just that perfect thing for a friend or family member. Seeing as how he only had one brother he was ready to claim as his, the officer really had no need to visit any of them, which was all the better as far as he was concerned. Max was a crazy person, Fyo a criminal, and Cedric would tell him that his gift was of no use at this moment. Why even bother trying?

He glanced up from his own self-pity walk to spy a rather peculiar man. He seemed to have stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and was simply staring at things. Harlan wondered if the man was having some sort of problem, but what exactly that could be eluded him. Maybe he just liked making a nuisance of himself? Whatever his reasoning, that guy wasn't exactly getting the friendliest looks from those who passed him by.

"Hey!" he yelled, hoping to catch the man's attention. "You should probably move." He would have gone over there and physically moved the man if possibly, but the crowd around him made that near impossible.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/23/2012 3:19 PM

L looked up and over towards the source of the voice. He smiled slightly then stepped out of the way of traffic and into an alley way between the shops. His eyes followed the man carefully as he studied him. He seemed out of place amongst the many holiday shoppers, though L himself had no room to talk there. He held himself stiffly, like a police man or military man would. His lack of smile and furrowed brows made him seem all the more serious and stiff.

L waited until there was a break in the crowd before heading over towards him. If he was a police officer as he believed him to be then maybe he could ask him about thew local crimes if he knew of any. Though, the more he looked at him, the more he doubted he was from the local department. "You're not here to shop, are you?"

"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/27/2012 5:13 PM

This man certainly was strange, though far from unintelligent. Harlan might have gone so far as to say he simply did not care about the people around him and was only concerned with whatever his own goal might have been. Then again, he would have given himself a similar description, though he was not about to go standing in the middle of bus exit foot traffic.

"No, I'm not," he stated, glancing the man over. Well, he wasn't exactly the model of an upstanding citizen, but he didn't seem to have the personality for a criminal either. He was just... odd. There was really no other way of describing it. "I assume you aren't as well?"

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate