If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

A meeting of angels (P, Mousen and I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/11/2013 4:43 PM

(My titles get increasingly worse...:/)

Leanis

The sun was just about to set, when Leanis arrived in Jawan. If it wasnt for the quite urgent matter she was here for, she would have enjoyed the interesting and beautiful city. As it was tho, the rather young angel had a sort of 'tunnel vision' to keep her from getting even minorly distracted from her goal.

She really hoped that Charles was right about what he told her. Then again, he had no reason to lie about this information. And considering that it was to his own benefit, at least a little, she should not be so sceptical.
After all, he seemed...well...less 'mishivous' nowadays, and if there was a situation where you could 'trust' a demon, it was when they could take some sort of profit out of the 'deal'.

Still a bit nervous, she turned towards the first person she encountered. it was a old fisherman, looking like he just escaped a sort of childrens book with his mighty white beard and dark cap, pulled slightly into his face.
"erm...excuse me sir?" she started carefully, feeling slightly awkward "I'm looking for Marlowe-May. I've been told she lives here?"
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Re: A meeting of angels (P, Mousen and I)

Postby Mousen » 06/15/2013 5:38 PM

The fisherman studied Leanis with an expression of interest, eventually he seemed to reach some sort of decision. "Aye, that she does. You'll want t' head towards the old part of the town, her house is the old church there." He didn't bother asking any questions, it was none of his business after all. Although, one got the impression that this wasn't the first time he'd pointed someone in the direction of Miss Marlowe-May.

It was fitting, a guide living in a church. Of course, the church had been sold off years ago and when she found it, it'd been little more than a ruin. So, she restored it, and the church had become her home. It was an entirely impractical space, of course, and the tombstones in the garden something of an inconvenience, but it was home.

Home was a small building, made of solid-looking grey stone with a multitude of small, stained-glass windows depicting various saints. The churchyard that surrounded it was filled with plants and flowers, they spilled over the top of graves and covered every inch of ground save for where a winding gravel path had been laid down.

"Cyril! Will you give me a hand with these lupins? They've got black fly again." Marlowe called. She was a small woman who appeared to be in her early-thirties with white-blonde hair and grey eyes. She was plain, but pretty.

Tending to a rather vicious rambling rose, (and not looking too happy about it) was Cyril, he was much younger than Marlowe, he barely looked older than eighteen. After getting himself into a bit of trouble with the higher-ups, he'd become Marlowe's apprentice and he'd been living in the renovated church ever since. He was taller than Marlowe, with messy, dark hair and a slightly... tense air about him. "Just a sec! I'm a little busy being scratched to death." Marlowe rolled her eyes and put down her watering can, how he'd managed to get so caught up in the thorns she had no idea.

((I've been sitting on this reply for two days and I still can't get it to sound any less crap. Sorry. x3; Also I probably should have mentioned Cyril at some point. He's part student part best friend and he and Marlowe are kind of a package deal. ahah;; ))

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/17/2013 1:09 PM

(hush, its great. end of discussion ;)
and its fine with Cyril, no problem at all)
Thanking the Fisherman, she made her way deeper into the town. Charles seemed to be right about
everyone knowing her. or she just got quite lucky. She could not help but to wonder how many people actually
asked for her...

She did not take long to find the small church. A soft smile appeared on her face, while she
carefully approached the building.the sheer thought of truly talking about the whole problem to someone else then the small group of angels she usually was with, already made her feel a bit more relaxed, tho there was also a small, nagging part of her that was  also anxious if Marlowe could really help her or not.

She heard the voices waving over to her from the garden, before she saw the woman and the unfortunate boy,
quite...pre occupied with garden work. She was not quite sure if she should interupt now, given that the boy was practcally tangled in rose thorns. But time was ticking, and as much as she hated to be rude, it would not stop for her. She stood at the fence of the garden,and hesitantly called over "excuse me. I'm terribly sorry to interrupt but...would it possible to have a word with you, Marlowe-May?"

(blergh XD
uhm...I hope I get to reply to the other rps shortly, but it could be that it takes a while, this week promises to either become quite hectic, or very boring XDD)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/24/2013 11:45 AM

Marlowe had managed to untangle the worst of the roses and was leaving Cyril to take a pair of secateurs to the rest when she noticed someone calling her. "Of course. The gate's unlatched, come in,"  she called, waving Leanis over. "Cyril, go stick the kettle on, and bring out those biscuits I bought from the bake sale, would you?"

Cyril nodded, and giving after giving their visitor a curious glance disappeared into the house. He wondered who it was this time, from first glance she'd definitely seemed like an angel. The aura was right and everything. Although, there'd been something darker beneath all of that, something that seemed familiar but was difficult to place. 'The thought that this visitor might not be what they seemed didn't perturb him too much, whatever it was Marlowe could handle it. Besides, whenever he ended up in a fight things seemed to go up in flames. He wasn't certain why, exactly, but it was yet another reason the higher-ups distrusted him.

She brushed down her sundress and tapped the worst of the mud from her floral-patterned combat boots, before turning to Leanis. "Charles sent you here, didn't he? I suppose that means whatever it is, it's serious. Lets go inside, there's no point wasting time and I dare say that it's the safest house in Jawan." She'd recognize that aura anywhere, whoever this figure was she'd definitely been speaking to Charles, there was no doubt about it. Whatever this meant, it didn't bode well.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/30/2013 3:38 PM

When Marlowe called her over, Leanis quickly proceeded through the garden. She looked at Cryril, who made his way towards the house with a bit of interest, before snapping her undivided attention back to Marlowe.
All tho the lingering...aura of the demon unnerved her, she was quite thankfull that she did not have to explain at least this part of the story. "yes, that is true. I did not think that meeting him by chance would actually
help me" she said. "and, yes, sadly the second part  is true too."

she followed the other angel to the door. discussing the manner outside truly was out of the question.
the less people knew of this, the better, for now at least. And if the situation would not have been so dire,
she would have tried to keep everything under control herself...but as it was, she would have to turn towards
someone who most likely was a bit more..expirienced.

Her thoughts wavered towards Charles feather for a moment. but that had time too, considering that Marlowe already knew who sent her. A small smile formed on the corner of her lips when they reached the door
"Oh, where are my manners. My name is Leanis,thank you for taking your time so spontanously." she owed Marlowe at least that much time, she thought.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/23/2013 6:21 PM

"Well, Charles has always been an odd one." Even though she wasn't supposed to, Marlowe worried about him sometimes. It wasn't that he couldn't take care of himself but he less he cared about keeping up appearances, the less willing they were to simply write him off as eccentric. Marlowe pushed open the side-door of the church and lead Leanis inside. "It's nice to meet you, Leanis."

The church was a small one, and was probably older than it looked. Although the stained glass was much more modern, the original windows had been long gone by the time Marlowe had bought it. Inside, it was cool and smelt vaguely of limestone. They entered into a long, corridor-shaped room. The first half had been turned into a small, but serviceable galley kitchen. The second, separated from the kitchen, was the bathroom.

Marlowe lead Leanis into the main hall of the church. it was a massive room, with two mezzanine floors on either side of the building, they were obviously recent additions and created two small attic bedrooms at the top of the church. Wooden ladders lead up from the ground on either side. Otherwise, nothing structural had been changed, there was a large wood burning stove on the wall by the kitchen, gathered around it were odd wooden chairs, foot stools, and a slightly worn cloth sofa. The floors were bare, apart from the odd thread-bare Persian rugs, maps and charts hung from the wall and underneath one of the larger stained glass windows was an immense book case, a set of library steps stood beside it. To one side of the bookcase there was a large, wooden table. Marlowe had managed to salvage two of the old pews, they were now being used as kitchen chairs. You couldn't say angels didn't have taste.

"Sit down. I hope you don't mind Cyril being here? He's my student, for want of a better term, but beyond that he's my greatest friend and I value his opinion enormously. I think his presence will be beneficial." Marlowe smiled, sat down on the sofa and gave a small wave of her hand that indicated that Leanis should sit wherever she wanted to.

A moment later, Cyril appeared with a tea tray. "That was beautiful, Marlowe. I'm going to have that put on my tombstone and everything."

"Oh shut it, you."

"No? How about a tattoo then?" Cyril grinned, knowing full well that Marlowe had never really approved of his tattoos. (Which was entirely hypocritical of her, considering that the winged snake on her ankle was definitely not temporary. The fact that she'd got it done in a fit of existential angst sixty years ago being entirely irrelevant.) It was only then he seemed to notice Leanis, his shoulders tensed a little and his smile became a little stained. "I'm Cyril, but you know that. I- Er. Hello." Stupid social anxiety. He always ended looking like a moron. Cyril perched himself on a foot stool, and busied himself with pouring out the tea.

"Now, start from the beginning. Tell me everything you can, and know that nothing you say will leave this room unless you want it to."

((Sorry about rambling here. The whole paragraph describing the house is unnecessary, but I really wanted to get it set down in my head.))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/20/2013 2:09 PM

(hehe its all good!
and sorry for the wait, I have no idea whats wrong at the moment...
things just keep happening. seems to calm down a little now tho )

She agreed fully to Marlowe. Leanis certainly did not know Charles as well as she did, but, based on last encounter with him, she could tell that he was quite... unconventional. Stepping into the Church, she almost stopped in her tracks to marvel the place. Honestly, she had to admit that she was a bit jeleous of Marlove' and, apperently, Cyril's  home. A character treat she usually did not really let herself have. Not that her small flat back at Lamenolai was a bad place, it was just…well…quite unpersonal and bare, and not really welcoming. Which she determinedly blamed on the fact that she only 'rather recently'(which was months ago) moved there, and that too much was going on at the moment. In truth, she never really felt at home there, and thus, it also looked that way. Well…she gave up her former home in favor to be closer to Alice, so it was all good. She still missed that small house at the rim of the Roraldi Forest tho.

She was at first a bit unconfortable with the thought of someone else hearing about the situation, but she pushed that feeling away easily. Really, she should trust Marlowe. Sitting down, she had to smile at the small back and forth between the two. Giving Cyril a warm smile, she greeted him back. She felt a bit bad for invading his place and privacy, since he was obviously nervous around her.

Having settled down on the couch, she smirked weakly, and was obviously pondering for a small moment trying to find a find a fitting start " Thank you again for having me. I think cutting to the chase is a good idea, so I will skip on how  exactly I know the persons involved in this.
I, along side others, watch over a  girl who was born to an angel and a demon, and raised by humans. as…quite unusual this  alone is , she is not the problem or more so indirectly.She does not even know of her family background yet" she sighed "The Problem is Netharem, a Demon I have the misfortune to know quite well. He plans on manipulating her into helping him awakening and controlling Yītuánzāo, something he believes only she, a 'truly neutral' being can do." she made a short pause now, looking at both Marlowe and Cyril. "Of course this is a insane idea, and usually I would just brush him off as a fool but I know Neth and his stubbornness. I know what he eventually is capable of, if given the chance, and that deeply worries me." she looked down at her hands that where placed in her lap now. "unfortunately, no one else seems to take him serious. Maybe I am overreacting, but I have a very bad feeling about this. Of course, everything is under control now, but should he succeed…well…."
She stopped herself there "I'm sorry, this was a lot of input, and I must sound like a rambling maniac"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 03/09/2015 6:01 PM

((Would you like to continue this?))

They both reacted differently to the news that there was an angel/demon hybrid walking the earth. Marlowe raised her eyebrows, her mouth fell open slightly in surprise. This was not what she'd been expecting. Even after all of her years, this was new to her. Certainly... There had been... incidents. They were the same species, roughly, right? Two sides of the same coin and all of that, but she had no idea they were compatible in that way. Of course, there were differences between angels and differences between demons, so it perhaps didn't hold true universally.

Cyril, in the meantime, dropped his teacup in surprise, the tea cup not breaking but spilling tea across the wooden floor. He immediately stood up to get a tea towel from the kitchen.

While Cyril was gone she listened to the rest of Leanis' story. "Right. Believe it or not, I have some experience of... what shall we call it? True chaos? A possible end to the world as we know it? That kind of thing. Even so, I'm not sure how... useful my advice will be." She was silent as Cyril returned with a tea towel to mop up what had been spilled, she seemed so lost in thought she barely noticed the boy.

"Is there nothing you can do to hide the girl? Inform her of her true lineage and ask her to go into hiding until such a time as the threat is erased? I know of some demons that could perhaps try to convince this... Netharem that his plan is foolishness. Though, from what you say about him, that does seem to be a long shot. Otherwise is it not possible to nip this plan in the bud? How powerful is he, honestly? Would it be possible to overpower him?"

She paused, sighing deeply. The news was obviously troubling to her. "It's fine, you had to explain the situation."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/15/2015 3:22 PM

(effin hell, finally! so sorry :(()

Leanis flinched when the cup hit the ground, but focused on Marlowe. She really hoped that she could help,
because now that she actually told them and heard herself saying it out loud, the feeling of being lost and overwhelmed by the situation got stronger.
trying to not let her uneasiness getting to her, she instead focused on the questions asked.

"We - that is me and 3 other Angels that I trust, have been keeping an eye on the girl ever since we knew of her. Her best friend, Ava, is actually one of us in disguise, and knows her since kindergarden basically.
She grew up with foster parents, and we tried to keep her as far away from all of this as possible."

she sighed "I know it sounds like we are in control. But like I said, I know Netharem." she stopped for a moment, taking Marlowes question into consideration. "Neth himself is mid ranked at best, He actually fell from his surperiors favor due to..." she seemed to search for the right words "a very ugly incident. Sadly however, his half sister is very, very powerfull, and she supports and covers for him. She also is in ally with an other very powerfull demon, one I do not know much about. I fear that with these two in his back, he can defleckt any unproven accusations very easily." she seemed to shrink slightly, looking at her hands folded in her lap. "we are going to have to take Alice, the girl, somewhere safe, and inform her about her origins.I am just afraid that...if push comes to show, I might not be able to prevent..." her voice trailed off, leaving a opressing silence in the room. Leanis usually was not someone to doubt herself easily. But for the last few days, weeks even, her uneasiness grew into fear and self doubt.

(meh, sorry)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/25/2015 6:08 AM

Marlowe listened to the story intently. It was hard to believe that something like this could happen without everyone being aware of it, then again, her and Leanis were from very different factions and it was clear that the other angel had done her best to keep what she had found out secret. Even if there had been rumors, Marlowe doubted that they would have reached her.

It all came down to what she could do. Charles had already thrown himself into this, and he'd made it very clear that he intended to play a game with his life at stake. She'd never seen a greater display of defiance from him. For the first time in a long while, she was worried about him. She thought back to the stock of letters locked away in her bureau, a few moments of weakness followed by years of silence. They'd given back each others letters, it was safer that way, they couldn't use them against each other. She couldn't bring herself to burn her half of them.

"Well, I can certainly offer my assistance, and Cyril's too. There's a few other of our number which you may find to be useful. There's Terry, another angel, and then there's Angus and Sasha, both demons, but I would argue that they're pretty trustworthy." They'd helped her before, in fact, Angus had risked his life to help them.

Cyril, who'd finished mopping up the tea and was instead hanging around the edge of the room nervously suddenly but in. "But, Marlowe, after what happened last time, is it wise to get everyone back together? The higher ups might notice."

"They're keeping an eye on Terry, certainly, but they're of the opinion that our trouble causing days are over.  We can make sure they don't notice a thing."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 10/23/2015 7:38 AM

She listened to Marlowe's words. Charles seemed to have been right when he told her that She could help, but she felt unconfortable at the thought of pulling more people into this whole mess.

With the situation as it was though, she was afraid that this had the potential to spiral out of control anyway, and in that case the more back up they could count on, the better.
Nodding her head, she carefully said"This is much appreceated. But please be carefull. I do not want anyone to get in to more danger then they absolutely have to." she bit her lip. "and it seems that you could get in to even more trouble then I first thought"

Even though she felt guilty, she also knew that this was something that was important to all of them, and would come to their notice sooner or later anyways. with that thought, a bit of her confidence and fight semmed to come back to her.

"I think...after we have Alice safe, we should somehow try to convince Neth's sister to stop him, or at least stop covering for him. I...dont know her personally, and I can only guess that this will be extremely hard to do but" she sighed "I think it is our best bet"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/23/2015 4:09 PM

Marlowe shrugged. "Only with the management. It's nothing we haven't dealt with before." Upon hearing that, Cyril shot her a look of concern. She was definitely downplaying it. The last time they'd gotten involved in something of this magnitude it had left them all in hot water. While he and Marlowe had pretty much been forgiven, they wouldn't be so kind if something of the like happened again. "It's fine, Leanis won't get caught. Besides, there's a lot more at stake than my position."

"Why don't Terry and Leanis go to get Alice? You and I can find a safe house. Maybe my old apartment? Sasha and Angus can go talk to Neth's sister." Cyril suggested.

Marlowe turned to look at him, surprised. "I knew I kept you around for some reason."

The boy shrugged. "It's just that if we're going to break the rules, we might as well do things properly. That's all. You have the best protective magic for warding the safe house, and Leanis and Terry have never been seen together so it's not suspicious. Plus, it's best to leave demons to demons."

Marlow turned back to Leanis. "Well? How does that sound?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/08/2015 12:57 AM

Leanis was amazed at the fast and very competend response of the boy. Listening to the two, she nodded her head slowly. "I cant thank you enough, again" she said, a slightly concerned smile on her lips. Cyril was right. if they did break the rules, and they most certanly did with this, it was better to have a very good idea of what to do, whan and how to do it. She herself was not overly concerned about her status or position. There where much higher priorities right now, and she was more then ready to stand up for herself and others and face possible consequences, if the result was that everyone else was safe from...pretty much a doomsday scenario.

"I think these Ideas are very good. Alice will be with Ava, whom she trusts deeply. I think this will help us tremendously with convincing her and easing her into what exactly is going on" there was a knot forming in her stomach at the thought of how the world of this poor child was about to be completely flipped upside down. she had hoped that there would be more time for her. "And I think we have the most chance with Neth's sister with your friends too. While Felicitas seems...calm, for a demon, she still stands behind her brother, and for good reasons I am sure. I hope we can get some sort of better insight behind the lines, at the very least" If she was honest, this was the part of the plan that she saw most likely to fail. Felicitas seemed almost resonable (for a demon, again), and she feared that she was somehow pressured by her brother to keep him covered. If Neth should get wind of the two demons talking to her, their plan could be in danger. She decidet to trust Marlowe and Cyrils judgement though.

"I have two of my friends and...'co workers', who will join us and help us with keeping things running smoothly and keeping everyone, especially Alice, safe" she informed. Fae and Killian where both very able and trusted companions of hers. if she was honest, she was a little afraid that Killians temper would get the better of him at some point, but that would be all fleshed out on the go.

She shifted slightly. "This all sounds very good and well thought out. I think we should inform everyone involved as soon as possible, and get this...well...mission going" she did not mean to be pushy. But she had been sitting around feeling helpless for too long, and her gut feeling was telling her that they should make their moves as soon as possible

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 12/22/2015 3:41 PM

Good, Leanis seemed to agree with the plan. The only thing to do now was to put it into action. "Don't worry about it," Marlowe replied, tucking a strand of white hair behind her ear. "It's not as if we really have a choice here, after all, if we fail to stop this plan, well... I'm sure you have a better idea of the horrors that await us all."

Marlowe nodded. "I'll give Sasha and Angus a ring, Cyril can go and contact Terry. I assume you can get into contact with your friends and Ava or Alice? The best thing will be to move Alice to a safe house before they realize we're acting. Of course, it'll be risky, but she'll be much safer once she's moved."

Cyril pulled his mobile from his pocket, and with a small nod at Marlowe and Leanis moved outside to call Terry. It left just Marlowe and Leanis in the room. "Terry knows where Cyril's apartment is. Once she gets here you two can leave for where Alice is, and we'll make the apartment safe."

((This is really short, sorry.))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 02/06/2016 3:45 PM

(no worries, mine too :P

Should we split the rps up now? with Sasha and Angus trying to contact Neths 'sister', Felicitas, and
Terry and Leanis grabbing Alice and Ava? )

Leanis nodded solomly "I'm afraid that waiting any longer is not really an option" she said.

"Yes, I can contact Ava and arrange a meeting point. She will find a way to get Alice there without much of a fuss, and Alice trusts her like a sister..." her eyes flickered with a hint of sadness. she felt bad for the girl who would soon not only have to have her whole world being turned upside down, let alone find herself in a tug of war between two forces she did not even know existed, and with her best friend being a 'secret guardian' for one of those forces all the time. It would be tough to explain that to her without her suffering a mental breakdown.
But there was no way around it anymore. better get it over with.

she watched  Cyril move outside, and returned her attention to Marlove "I will contact the others once we
make our way to the apartment. Like you said, keeping it low profile is very important" /and one of my 'collegues' is a hotheaded idiot, who might be less discrete then desireable/ she added in her thoughts.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate