If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Postby Shaetani » 09/17/2007 1:39 AM

Roman looked up from the sculpture as Isak came back, smiling. "Not really, though it would be interesting to see one, have you seen one before, Apple? Is that why you sculpted it?" Apple had wobbled over to sniff the clams and wrinkled up her nose at the smell before looking at Roman and Isak, nodding once before she yawned, and curled up in a ball. Taridan came back with a hikers type backpack on his back, and an armful of wood. In just a few moments he had a lovely campfire going, and  pan of water heating over the fire. Once it was boiling, he'd add the clams and some pepper, and once the clams were opened, they would be ready to eat. He smiled. "I think this is plenty Moth, Thanks for helping... just think, Fresh clams. Yumm." He of course planned on sharing the meal with them because they had helped to catch it, and seeing Apple being all sleepy he pulled her onto his lap to nap while the clams cooked.
Image - Image
Scribble Scrabble on the wall, who is the meanest of them all?
Riff Raff and Bark Gruff, I'm not scared of your huffing bluff.
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 27
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 09/21/2007 2:53 AM

[center]Image

There was the sound of waves splashing, and then wobbling onto the beach a pair of bright orange eyes stared at them all. Apple was the first to see it, and standing up she bounced over to it, sitting down and staring right back at it with a smile. Taridan looked up, catching his breath as the Kuni met his eyes. It was like no Kuni he had seen before... at least, not in real life. He had seen it before though in his dreams. Dreams he hadn't had since he was a kid. Standing, the Clams forgotten, he slowly walked over, not wanting to scare it, but it looked up at him with total confidence then wiggled over to Taridan's feet. Taridan grinned and picked him up. "Kamikaze! I never thought I'd see you here! Here, hold on." He carefully set him back down, then ran to his packs and pulled out a tray that he got the sea-water in then brought Kamikaze and Apple back to the fire, setting Kamikaze in the tray with the water so he could stay moist. Roman just sighed and then yawned, suddenly finding himself growing tired.
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/21/2007 7:07 PM

[[Graaaaah, so sorry. DD: It didn't tell me you had posted. >_<; *stabs*]]

Moth blinked, the fresh scent of boiling clams reaching his nostrils. "Mmm... smells delicious!" he said, getting out of the water and heading off towards the fire.

Isak did the same, laying down beside Moth. He was comfortable now, near the bright flames of the fire.

The two friends looked over their shoulders as the strange Kuni showed up. Wow, what a strange one indeed. It was pretty cool, white, black and orange going well together. "What's this kind of Kuni?" Isak demanded, curious. "I've never seen such a breed before."

Moth nodded in agreement. "Neither have I."

[Moth: 10 -- Level Up, Isak: 10 -- Level Up]

[[Whoa, that Kuni is, like, cool, yo. owo *snatches it and runs* Wheeee. *shot*]]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 09/22/2007 11:08 PM

Smelling the clams, Taridan removed them from the fire and carefully used some mesh shaped like a bowl to drain the water off of them, giving them a good shake to make sure. After all, it would stink to go to eat one only to burn your mouth on it. Grinning, he set a large leaf in front of each creature, before placing a pile of clams as well. Each person ended up with six clams, Except for Kamikaze and Apple, who due to their smaller size got three each. Taridan sat back down, still grinning.

Roman glanced from Taridan to the Kuni, eating one of his clams before reaching over to poke at Taridan with a paw. "Well, you gonna fess up or make us keep guessing?" Then he turned and helped Apple get one of her clams out of its shell for eating. Apple wrinkled up her nose at the taste, trying to decide if she liked it or not when once again her attention was caught by those orange eyes... Taridan petted her, breaking the spell.

Kamikaze blinked at all of them, then quickly ate his clams, making short work of getting the meat out of the shells and snarfing it down. He had been listening closely, following along the conversation and processing their spoken language. It was so much easier to communicate in dreams... I am not a breed. I am straight from his dreams... if you must, you may consider me a Nightmare Kuni, named Kamikaze. Strange, he hadn't actually spoken. No, instead the thoughts had been subtly placed in the others minds with a rather murky tone to them. Telepathy. It was the method with which he would speak from now on, being removed from both the water and from dreams as he was. Taridan was still grinning, and ate another clam, wondering how the others would react.
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/24/2007 12:48 PM

Isak and Moth licked their lips as the clams were served. Isak immediately clawed one of them, finally opening the first clam of his dish to swallow the soft food inside the hard shell. He purred softly as his stomach got filled with food.

Moth would smell each and every clam, whispering a "Mmm..." at every seafood he would sniff. He then picked up a clam and opened it up gently, before eating the substance inside. "Delicious," he commented happily, picking up another.

"A Nightmare Kuni?" Isak repeated, blinking as the Kuni used telepathy to communicate. He turned to the black mini and spotted his small spider-like tattoo on his forehead. "Your colors remind me of Halloween," the Calamikuhna said.

Moth smacked his forehead. "Isak, be nice..." he told the grinning Calamikuhna. He, too, had been slightly surprised by the unique Kuni named Kamikaze, but he said nothing about it. He simply kept on eating his dinner.

[Moth: 11, Isak: 11]

[[I thought the mark was a skull. x33 But looking at it closely, it is indeed a spider... :3 Nonetheless, he PWNs. His colors kill me. <3 *kill'd*]]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 09/26/2007 6:58 PM

Haha, he reminded him of halloween. Kamikaze grinned at the Calamikuhna, his mental onces once more easily received by all. "Halloween is my birthday. And the Clams are devine." Kamikaze had made short work of his, and now shifted in the water in the pan to get his body moist again. Roman had eaten his Clams and then yawned, and Taridan patted him on the head before quickly cleaning up after his cooking, then he spread their bedrolls down around the fire. "We'll head home in the morning, It's too late now." And then he laid down on his sleeping bag, sometimes using a longer stick to poke the fire but for the most part being quiet. Apple yawned and curled up on a blanket with Roman, though she couldn't resist glancing at Kamikaze once more, and in a surprisingly haunting voice, she started to sing, very quietly. "The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout. Down came the rain and washed the spider out, up came the sun and dried up all the rain and the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again." Then she yawned again and in short order was asleep.
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/27/2007 5:26 PM

"Makes sense," Isak meowed once Kamikaze had told of his birthday being during Halloween.

He picked his third clam, opened it up and then ate it, and did the same for the three remaining. He patted his belly. "Well. I'm completely filled now. That was excellent," he commented to Taridan, and then he looked up to see the sky turning to a night blue color. "It's getting dark..." he thought, curling up into a ball. "You coming to sleep, Moth?" he asked the Banana Slikey that was still by the shore. "Moth?" he called again when the Slikey didn't answer.

"Hm?" Moth finally replied. "Oh, um... not right now. I'll just take a short swim before going to bed," he said before heading into the water.

Isak shrugged and buried his nose in his tails, falling asleep shortly after.

[Moth: 12, Isak: 12]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 10/07/2007 12:56 AM

Kamikaze smiled then glanced at the water. "I'll spend the night in the ocean, if you don't mind Taridan."Taridan yawned then stood and stretched. "Sure thing, I'll get you a proper place to live once we get home."He was sure it would be more comfortable for Kaze in the ocean. He picked him up and headed back to the water. Apple waved at them, then curled up against Roman, the excitement of the day catching up with her as in moments she was asleep. Roman smiled at her, licked her head once and then curled around her to help keep her warm, trying to fall asleep although he knew he wouldn't sleep peacefully until Taridan came back. Once in the water, Kamikaze watched Taridan head back towards the dying fire before turning and swimming down, saying to moth. "Landlovers...they just don't understand. Have a good night, Moth."Then he vanished in the inky darkness of the midnight waters, finding a nice bit of Seaweed that would make a wonderful bed, he fell asleep. It had been a long journey to get here, and now with his belly full, his body craved the rest.
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/15/2007 8:46 PM

Moth turned around as Taridan came to settle Kamikaze into the water. The Slikey watched the Kuni swim towards him, replying, "Good night to you too," as the smaller pet dove into the water to go and have some sleep. maybe he, too, would just sleep on the water...

Isak's ears perked up, and soon his head rose. "I'm going to head home right now..." he meowed, changing his mind. "I have some important business to attend to," he said, running off into the darkness.

Moth blinked, and barely had the time to say "See you", and the Calamikuhna was already gone...

[Moth: 13, Isak: 13 -- Has left]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 10/22/2007 9:36 PM

Soon Taridan and all of his creatures were asleep until the sun slowly began to rise over the ocean, and he woke with a stretch. It had been fun and all, but they needed to be moving on... Carefully packing up his things, Taridan glanced at the ocean. Apple was still asleep, but Roman was slowly waking and starting his morning groomings. Yawning, Taridan made his way to the water, and as if Kamikaze could sense him in moments the odd colored Kuni arrived, looking at the pan with a sigh before allowing Taridan to settle him in it. "Well Moth, its been fun, but we need to start heading home... Fare Well." Finished with his own grooming, Roman started to groom Apple, and she woke grumbling and mumbling, although she perked up a little as she heard taridan. "Bye Moth! Hey, Tell Isaac goodbye too!" she had been asleep when he had left. Roman smiled. "You have my well wishes also." Kamikaze just sighed. "May your dreams never haunt you, and your waking moments be full of joy, my fellow water lover." With one last wave and a slight grunt, Taridan picked up the pan that Kaze was in and they all set out, heading for home.
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous