If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

A New Mother {open}

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/04/2007 7:23 PM

Poppi
Illiana
Kanali

The little Bubblegum kuhna wandered along the coast of the beautiful sea city. On her back were two mewing kits, looking around wonderously. "This is Jawan, my darlings." Poppi purred. Her kits had not been named yet, as they had only been born a few days ago. One was a Ryoklein and the other was a Flarend. Both of them were daughters.

The mother kuhna picked a nice, soft spot on the sandy beach and layed down carefully. Her daughters slid off her back and began crawling around, exploring the substance beneath their tiny paws. Poppi smiled and licked both of their heads lovingly. "That your walking on is sand, loves." For the first time, Poppi was experienceing just how wonderful it felt to be a mother.
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 561
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 09/04/2007 8:29 PM

[center]Taridan .................. Roman .................. Apple
ImageImageImage

The Generation Twilight Male was bounding ahead of the person walking not far behind him. It felt good to be out in the fresh air, and Taridan smiled, looking at the Kit he was carefully carrying in his arms. It did feel good to be outside, out of that stuffy breeding building where sometimes he'd thought his bum would rot off out of boredom. Roman didn't notice the Cotton Candy female and her kits at first, and turned to tackle Taridan's legs. He chuckled, and Apple, the kit, squeaked down at him. "Oh look, more kits! I wonder if she'd let Apple play..." Taridan made his way over towards the female, and Roman, having seen her, smiled and bounced closer, being careful not to kick sand in any direction. Kits with sand in their eyes was not a good thing. "Hello Miss, can we join you?" Apple just grinned down at the kits from her position in Taridans arms and squeaked some more, wiggling. "Put me down! I wanna play!" were her thoughts, but of course she couldn't talk yet.

Edit: Ahh, okay, well if Shrewd wants I can always edit my post. ^_^)
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 27
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/06/2007 9:07 AM

[[I'll just post my last post, then get back in.]]

Shrewdruby wrote:Isak blinked and tilted his head as the two kits crawled over to him. "Well, I do like little kids," he admitted, "but I don't like socializing much. Besides, everyone tries to avoid me because I'm a police officer. They're always thinking they're going to get in trouble." He picked up the small Ryoklein girl and petted her gently.

"Same problem goes here," Moth said, poking his chin. "I don't see why they fear us so. It's not like everyone had something to hide, right?"

[Moth: 3, Isak: 3]

Moth spotted the two newcomers, and walked over to greet them nicely. ¬?"Hello, friends," he greeted to them. The more the merrier. He looked back at Isak, who seemed to be pretty busy with the little daughters.

"Moth!" he called. "They're after me! Ahh!" The Calami breed then toppled over on his back, faking defeat, his tongue hanging down by his cheek, and his eyes tightly shut.

Moth rolled his eyes while chuckling, then turned back to the others. "What brings you here?"

[Moth: 4, Isak: 4]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/06/2007 4:09 PM

OOC: That works. Sorry if this post isn't the best, i'm writing this at school ^^;;.

Poppi giggled at Isak as Illiana and Kanali commenced to crawling all over the 'dead' calami. "Got him!" Illiana said, pushing her tiny paws on his chest lightly. Kanali looked up at the sight of another kit. "Can he, momma?" Illiana asked as she saw Apple.

The bubblegum kuhna looked up at the humanoid and spoke to him mentally. Of course you can join us, but i'm afraid your a little off on my breed. I'm actually a bubblegum. she sent a slight giggle in her thoughts to let the person know it was no big deal. Addressing the twilight, she smiled playfully. "I'm Poppi, and that's Illiana and Kanali." The two girls each squeeked a 'hi' simultaneously as their mother introduced them, then went back to 'attacking' Isak.
How can you see into my eyes like open doors,
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb,
Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold,
Until you find it there and lead it back home...

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/06/2007 4:28 PM

[[No big deal, I was writing my post above at school, too. @_@]]

Isak just kept on teasing the two kits as he was playing dead. He would sometimes poke one of them with his tails or his paws, either to push them off lightly but quickly, or the tickle them shortly. But he would remain 'dead' most of the time, twitching now and then, his tongue still sticking out and his eyes shut.

"Well, I feel lonely now," said the Banana Slikey, poking his chin thoughtfully. He wondered what they could do around here, all of them. He looked around and stopped the water splashing against the sand. He snapped his fingers as a sign of a revelation. "Oh, anyone want to go and swim?"

[Moth: 5 -- Level Up, Isak: 5 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 09/06/2007 9:19 PM

Taridan smiled. "thank you, and my appologies, My cousin is the Kuhna expert, I usually work with the lucains but decided to take a break for the day and kit-sit. Oh, I'm Taridan and this is Roman and Apple." He carefully set Apple down and she instantly wiggled her way over to the other two kits and the Calami, trying to climb onto his head so she could look in his ears. Roman wanted in on the action, and stalking over towards the kits he very very lightly tapped one on the tail, grinning. "I see my comrade has fallen! I must... Catch your leader and hold her hostage!" He turned and with exagerated slowness began to stalk towards Poppi, leaving the kits plenty of time to tackle his hind legs and take him down as well. Taridan just smiled, then glanced at the slikey... "I'll join you, its been forever since I've been swimming." He pulled off his red and black shirt, revealing several tattoo's on his chest and back before turning and racing into the edge of the waves that crashed upon the shore.
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/08/2007 12:12 PM

Poppi laughed and got into the drama. "Oh my! Help me! He's going to get me!" Illiana and Kanali both turned around and darted over to Roman, gripping each of his tails and biting with their tiny teeth.

Kanali got bored with it quickly and went over to Apple. "Anything interesting in there?" she asked as the kit looked in Isak's ears.

OOC: I'v already seen Kanali's personality. She will be a bad girl when she grows up. ^_~

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/09/2007 10:52 PM

[[Argh, so sorry. For some reason, I didn't see you two had posted. @.@;]]

Isak kept on playing with the drama. Opening his eyes slightly and calling to Roman, he meowed, "Do not sacrifice your life for me...! Go on without me!" stretching his paw with fake tiredness, before letting the limb fall down, his eyes shut once more.

Moth smiled excitedly. "Alright! See if you can beat a Slikey in the water!" He darted away towards the shore, running at full speed.

Inside Isak's ears was... not much. Casual stuff, you know? Things only ears may contain...

[Moth: 6, Isak: 6]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 09/11/2007 7:15 PM

Roman felt the tiny teeth in his fur and spun about in a circle, pretending not being able to reach them as he fake swatted at their little tails. He spun just fast enough that they had to hold on tight or get pulled loose by the centrifugal pull but not so fast that if they did let go they'd hurt themselves rolling away from him. "Rar! You've thrown burrs onto my tails!" Apple looked up at kanali and smirked before glancing back in the ears. "Doctor! Theres...a Sand Bug in there! Luckily all his wax buildup has stopped it from entering too far, but we must do something about it soon!" Taridan took off at full speed, hot on the heels of the slikey, but unable to get past the creature as they plunged into the waters. "Haha, you're quick, good for you." He glanced at the Kuhna's on the beach, then turned and swam out to where it was a little deeper before taking a deep breath and diving down, looking for clams. They'd make a good lunch.
Image - Image
Scribble Scrabble on the wall, who is the meanest of them all?
Riff Raff and Bark Gruff, I'm not scared of your huffing bluff.
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/13/2007 7:01 PM

Poppi's ears perked as a message from Calico came to her. "You can't be serious!" she exclaimed, forgetting it was a telepathic message. She slapped her forhead with a paw before speaking. "Calico already has another breeding lined up for me, with a female!" Kanali gave her mother a puzzled look. "Breeding, Momma?" she said, tilting her head. "You'll learn when you get older, sweetie." the bubblegum replied.

She stood up and shook the sand out of her fur. "We better get going. I have to take these two home before getting ready AND having a word with Calico." She smiled at the others playing in the water and waved. "We'll see you around!" she called. "You too." she said, turning to the other two kuhna and the kit. "Buh-bye, Uncle Isak and Uncle Roman!" Illiana called, waving a tiny paw. "Later, dudes." Kanali squeeked as she fell in behind her sister and mother.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/13/2007 7:20 PM

Isak got back up as the three Kuhnas decided to leave. He waved to them. "See you some other time," he called as they left.

Moth also waved to the departing felines. "See you soon, miladies!" he called to them, letting himself rest on the water once more once they were out of sight.

Isak turned around to look at Moth and Taridan. I suppose water isn't THAT bad... he thought to himself, getting up and walking over to the shore where the two were swimming.

Moth was letting the waves carry him around, feeling the smooth sensation the bright blue liquid would leave onto his skin. He looked up as Isak was coming over. "Hey, wanna swim, General?"

Isak shrugged. "I don't trust water much..." he said reluctantly.

[Isak: 7, Moth: 7]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 09/13/2007 8:28 PM

Roman stopped spinning so that Poppi could retrieve her kits, suddenly sad to see the fun ending. "Bye! See ya around!"  He waved at them as they left, then picked up Apple and shook out his fur; followed Isak over to the water. "That was odd, she did say a breeding between another female, didn't she? I wonder how thats going to work out." He didn't comment on the water mainly because he had no intentions of getting in.

Taridan waved goodbye then watched the kuhna's come over. listening. "Hey Moth, think you could help me collect some clams? I was thinking of a nice seafood lunch on the beach." He had managed to collect two so far and had stuck them in his shorts pockets. Roman set Apple down far enough from the waves that she should stay out of trouble, right at the edge of where the sand started to get damp. Apple sighed at the fun being over, then started pushing the wet sand around, pushing it into odd shaped objects.
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/14/2007 11:26 AM

Moth looked up as Taridan asked for his help to find some clams. "Oh, no problem! Clams, you say? Piece of cake, my friend!" He turned to Isak while positioning his body to be ready to dive. "Isak, you look around the beach for them, by the shore. You can do that?"

Isak shrugged. "I suppose. You can't say no to help a fellow citizen." He ran off beside the edge of the shore, looking for nearby clams.

Moth nodded. "Alright, I'm off to hunt!" he declared before diving down and starting to collect some clams.

[Moth: 8, Isak: 8]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 09/15/2007 8:46 AM

Roman looked around, then shrugged. "I'll stay with Apple and keep an eye or even both eyes on her." Then he moved closer to Apple and pretended to stare at her for a moment before starting to help her organize her sand buildings. Taridan grinned, and taking the two or three out of his pocket moved to shore, telling Moth. "We can keep them in the mesh bag here where they'll stay moist and fresh, I'm going to go back to my packs since all my cooking supplies are in there, and I'll find wood for the fire along the way." He grabbed a piece of driftwood that was too water-logged for making a fire and pushed it firmly into the sand where the water was about a foot deep, then tied the mesh bag he had with him to the wood. Then he sloshed to shore and after slicking back his wet hair he pulled on his shirt and took off at an easy jog, heading back towards town. Apple had a memory, a vague one, and started patting the sand into a new shape, mewling up to roman. "Pammy" Roman startled, as he'd been staring at the waves, and glanced down. Pammy? Seeing the shape she'd made, he grinned. "Palmies, but how did you know they lived around here?" Apple smiled at him, then used her claws to add some detail to the palmie fronds.
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/15/2007 10:45 AM

Isak continued his exploration of the shore while trying to avoid any possible wet surface, like, for example, the water rubbing against the shore now and then. He would walk at a fair distance from the ocean, would still feel the wet and sticky sand under his paws. He could, however, spot very few clams by the near edge of the water. The current must have brought them over here, he thought, trying to ignore the cold liquid wetting his paws and belly fur as he snatched the clams.

Moth nodded to Taridan before diving down into the water, looking for the clams. He spotted a few, his vision underwater being excellent. He snatched them, then brought them back to Taridan's mesh bag, following his instructions. He then went back, brought more, dove again, and so on and so forth, until the bag was of a reasonable size.

Isak walked back, carrying the clams in his jaws. He settled them down, stuffing the food into the bag as well. Turning to Apple and Roman, he said, "Are you two looking for a Palmie? I guess I heard you two speaking of them."

[Isak: 9, Moth: 9]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Next