If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Fishy Wishy [[Semi-Private?? M:L]]

Postby Saahs » 02/26/2014 1:13 AM

Toh'ni felt right at home here. The fresh, strong aroma of ocean delicacies had drawn him away from his aimless wandering that morning. Now, it was far into midday, and the time shifter could not care to be bothered that his time was wasted. He had a sack of scrumptuous fresh fish, and there was more to be had. The sack was too large to carry in any form other than his human, so that was the one he was in. Toh'ni popped a fish into his mouth, chewing just barely enough before swallowing. One thing he liked about being imprisoned in a mortal body, was the food. He didn't mind eating, usually. Now and then he would forget to do so for days at a time. Those were never pleasant times.

Today, though, he would fatten himself on fish! Passing by shops in the port city made Toh'ni continuously forget he had places to be (not really, just places to not be). That was, until he spotted a large clock hosted up on a building. His eyes widened and his grin quickly melted into a mortified frown. Was that really the time!? A quick second and he confirmed that it indeed was. Dash it all, he'd dilly-dallied for too long in this town! He lifted his fists into the air and let out an infuriated screech,
"Gaaaaaaaauuugh!"

He continued on, shoulders hunched forward and feet landing a bit heavier than was comfortable even for him. Under his breath he muttered viciously, shooting all psser-bys a scowl as if it was their fault he had wasted time. Well, they were the ones selling the fish, weren't they? Of course it was their fault!
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: Fishy Wishy [[Semi-Private?? Tal & I]]

Postby Kylo » 02/26/2014 10:22 PM

The young god lazily strolled down the street, watching the people go about their boring lives, doing boring things and getting nowhere fast. There was no progress to be made here and because of that Talcen was as good as useless. No one here was of a great enough mind to handle the next step of the future. So why then was he here?

The answer lay not too far ahead. His velix had reported a disturbance in time in this town and that could only mean one of two things. Either another god has come out to play, or some fuckhead was screwing around with forces not meant for them. Either way they were a problem, or at least an opportunity to make a power grab.

Zeroing in on the source of time ripple, one man with a load of fish and a nasty habit of stuffing them down his throat, Talcen sped up slightly until he was sidled up by the guy. He played out the calculations and probabilities of the man's reactions in a nanosecond before deciding on a more subtle approach.

"Hey there stranger, how's the fish?"

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: Fishy Wishy [[Semi-Private?? M:L]]

Postby Saahs » 03/01/2014 3:03 AM

Toh'ni was already done with any sort of social interaction by the time a stranger approached him- a lot friendlier than Toh'ni cared for. Who just goes up to someone obviously in a foul mood anf starts a chipper chat? A type of stupid that Toh'ni had to time to waste upon! He scowled at the person. "There's more important things to bother yourself with than whether a stranger is enjoying some fish," the time shifter pointed out haughtily. He had never been very welcome to strangers initiating conversations - though he did it himself often. He gestured to their surroundings. "If you couldn't tell, you're in the main city for fisherman's business -how do you think the fish is??"

His nose twitched, as if he smelled something foul, and turned to face the person fully, though he continued his way down the road, stepping backwards at the same pace he had been.
"Do you need something?" he inquired suspiciously, head cocking to the side and his eyes narrowing. Once upon a time, he could sense others' powers, but now he had to rely on more human senses - and he knew a "salesman" when one opened their mouth.

"If it's encyclopedias, I have no need for them." Toh'ni gave a dismissive wave with his hand, turning on his heel to go on his way facing forward. If the stranger had any more to say, well, he could say it to Toh'ni's back. He tugged out another fish from the gradually emptying sack and jabbed it into his mouth, clamping his teeth down on the treat. Maybe if he imagined hard enough, the little fish bones crunching under his teeth would turn into the stranger's bones being crushed instead. Wishful thinking for such a twig of a man, but it was a comforting thought.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer