If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Re: ~+ Distant Fields [P] +~

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/15/2015 12:18 AM

Cyril was already moving to open a drawer with some very unorganized silverware clattering around in it, and he pulled out a very long spoon that looked like it belonged in some old china cabinet rather than a dirty drawer. He stepped up to the pot, then paused, glancing back at her at her last words, his eyes a little leery. "I... can do it," he finally said, as if choosing his words carefully, and he began to stir the pot of pasta, his back to her as he moved the softening noodles around. It was eerie, almost, the way he stood in front of the stove. Not a single inch of him moved whatsoever, save for the arm that stirred the spoon, as if every movement of his body was calculated down to a science. That is, until he glanced back at her with an unreadable expression. "Go ahead and find some bowls, if you like. This cooks fast, I believe."

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Atoli01 » 01/23/2015 12:30 AM

She didn't care to argue with the man as he assumed responsibility over the cooking duties. It was less work for her, she figured. Less chance to do something wrong (while she didn't know how one could make a wrong move in stirring pasta she hadn't the slightest idea, though that man's thoughts seemed to be unreadable no matter which way she looked at it), less chance to get scolded, less chance to get hurt. At least... for the moment. The thought made her shudder, but she stepped aside and stood quietly behind the man as he stirred the pasta. Unmoving, just as he was, though there was something more... sinister about his posture.

Try as she might to look away, her eyes kept drifting back to the man stirring the pasta. It wasn't until he dictated her next order that her focus was drawn away from his form. Maki nodded silently before taking a step to the counter next to him. She leaned over it to reach into the cabinets, her hands blindly scouring the shelves for any semblance of a bowl. Her finger prodded at the glass rim of a small stack and she fingered two from the pile as she brought them down. Maki held the bowls out to the man for a moment before she thought better of the action and set them down on the counter instead.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/29/2015 1:47 AM

Cyril was silent as he watched the pasta cook, and his eyes flickered as he heard the scraping of bowls on the floors of the cabinets, as she got them down and set them on the counter. He turned his face to look at them, then nodded silently and went back to stirring. In a short enough time he tapped the spoon on the edge of the pot and jerked open a deep drawer that looked a little mismatched from the others, and rifled through its cluttered contents before pulling out a strainer and holding it over the sink to pour the scalding hot liquid inside, straining out the pasta. He picked up the spoon again and divided the pasta between two bowls, and stepped back, turning his sharp gaze back to her. "There. Now, eat," he ordered, his voice soft enough, as he reached for his own bowl and fork.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

[25]

Postby Atoli01 » 02/09/2015 11:50 PM

Admittedly, she would have preferred her pasta with some sort of sauce (or butter and cheese at least), but she wasn't in a position to be picky and choosy. She should thank her lucky stars that she was even alive right now, much less being fed. Maki nodded at the command and reached out to take her bowl and fork. Only the assumption that the food wasn't laced with some sort of poison, seeing as how she watched him prepare it. Not only that, but it seemed he had the intent to eat as well. It was unlikely he had taken care to separate poisoned noddles from unpoisoned ones (was that even possible?), so Maki considered it safe enough.

Twirling a few strands of pasta around her fork, she carefully took a mouthful of the food. It tasted normal enough. In fact, even plain, it tasted wonderful. Her tastebuds were doing the jig in her mouth, she could feel it. Of course, that had to have been attributed to the fact that she had never expected to enjoy another meal again. She prayed that this wasn't destined to be her last meal, but there was no way of telling with the insane man standing beside her. Obediently, she took another bite, and then another, all while she kept a careful eye on her kidnapper.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/14/2015 2:18 PM

Cyril began eating as well, though at a slightly faster pace than Maki, simply because it had been about a day since he'd eaten anything substantial. His fork made quiet clinking noises against the bowl as he stared at the stove, his expression a little hollow. "You won't have to be here much longer," he murmured, suddenly, then interrupted himself with a few more bites of food. "A few days, perhaps. Think of it as a segue," he added, leaning against the counter slightly. "After that, I can't promise anything. It will be out of my hands."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous